• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Cluster Headaches, Migraines and Psychedelics Thread

well since Albert Hoffman was trying to find a headache med when he discovered LSD.. I guess it could work lol

One more thing when it starts to hurt chug a can redbull or a similar energy drink, that 5/10 stop it from happening , you have to drink it all asap,a shameless plug I know but I have a blog in which I harp on about psychedelics and pain management check it out
http://wubbswriting.blogspot.co.uk/

I think the cafffeine constricts the blood vessels which in turn lessen the pain. I am not sure but that is what I believed when I suffered from cluster headaches from ages 24-42. I remember waking up at 2:00 Am every night with an ice pick jabbing my brain. It hurt so much it brought me to tears. Then it would go away after an hour and possibly come back two hours later. Once in a while I would get them in the middle of the day, but for some reason the middle of the night they would happen and awaken me almost every night during a cycle. I would get them in the Spring and Fall most of those years, with some time off before they came back. My ritual was to take two Excedrin (for the caffeine) and take a quick walk outside in the cold air. It was not so nice to take caffeine in the night and try and go back to sleep. Sometimes I could avert them, other times nothing stopped them. I never went to a doctor and just treated these as bad headaches. I realized they were cluster headaches in about 1997. Also, although I was a psychedelic user I never tried them to treat the headaches. The knowledge was not there back then. Strangely enough I do remember a bad cluster headache one night after a day of tripping on LSD. So I imagine timing and dosage would be important. I can say alcohol and sometimes opiates would trigger them too. Opiates could not touch the pain. Caffeine was better.

I had always read that the older one gets the less and less these cluster headaches happen. I can honestly say I have not had one in the last 8 years, and my last bout with them was mild and quick. I believe I outgrew them and I don't even think of them anymore when they use to make me tremble at the thought of them coming back for years. I use to read about people outgrowing them and I can confirm that it happened to me. So anyone that suffers keep that in mind. They can go away. By the time I was armed with the knowledge that psilocybin mushrooms were being used to lessen and stop the cycle, I didn't get them anymore. I am so thankful for that.

Firstly I'm glad they disappeared for you, No one should have to experience pain like that, I cant wait for the day I don't have that nervous feeling when I feel the tell tale signs of an attack.
Secondly you did it without medication that's pretty hardcore you must be a strong person, like you said not even opiates can reduce the pain, I remember the first time I took a couple codeine to see if they helped, I was surprised when they made it even worse, I learnt that the hard way.

I know I've said it already but it does make me happy you don't have these anymore, even if I don't know you it still puts a smile on my face to know there's one less person in the world who doesn't have to deal with this shit anymore :)

Nervous feeling? For me it's more like absolute terror & panic, I fear migraine more than anything else on this planet! If a Cluster headache is worse than a migraine I truly feel for the sufferers!

Dimethyltryptamine is an effective abortive and prophylactic. I rarely get severe head/neck aches, but on the occasions I do they incapacitate me. These occur in clusters of several attacks during several days then dissipate. These events occur approximately ten days after sudden and temporary increases in the number of hours I cycle.

I researched dimethyltryptamine after sumatriptan was ineffective orally and intestinally on multiple occasions. During the most recent attack mimosa extract (solid, white, low melting point, plastic smelling vapor, hydrophobic, and the consistency of coarse salt thus presumed dimethyltryptamine) was available. Vaporising 20mg of the material immediately alleviated the symptoms. The experience was borderline breakthrough with strong immersive visuals. After the peak vaporizing the remnants of the first dose yielded psychedelic effects without any obvious difference.

The sweet benefit of the dimethyltryptamine lasts longer than the experience. My friends smoke larger amounts than this. I used less than 30mg, I don't know about larger doses. This dose of dimethyltryptamine is the only effective lasting cluster headache solution with immediate benefits I am aware of.

I don't suffer from CHA's or migraines, but I still want to pass this info along.
I suffer from occasional tension HA's with enough intensity to make me physically ill and totally incapacitate me.
Now, when I feel one starting I will do a small, 20-30mg, dose of IM DMT and it will kill them EVERY SINGLE TIME...without fail.
Also, If I get a "sloshy" hangover type HA DMT works for that too.
Actually, I have yet to have a headache DMT won't kill...knock wood.
Mind you, this only seems to work on a case by case basis and sometimes it is a bit inconvenient to dose IM DMT in the middle of something, but 20-30 minutes for the DMT to work and subside beats the hell out of 4-12 hours of misery and pain which is MUCH more inconvenient than the cure.