Votes: 19 29.7%
  • Yes, but only a little

Votes: 24 37.5%
  • No

Votes: 18 28.1%
  • Sometimes / Completely depends on whether it is salt or freebase

Votes: 3 4.7%

• Total voters
Yeah succinate is weakest by weight because the salt is heavier than the freebase. Salts are always heavier than the freebase but the succinate is particularly heavy. I think the reason succinates are made so often for trypts is because they are a lot more stable.

Yes, I have tried it twice. It's definitely AMT and it definitely is only 60% as potent as the freebase.

I find that AMT produces some energy but it's a calm energy. Like I could dance around and run, but I'm also perfectly content to sit still.

It combines very well with lysergamides and tryptamines. I've also combined it with 2C-B, and with methylone, though I would be careful combining other releasers like methylone with it, it went fine for me but it's not recommended. In general it may produce a small amount of MAOI activity, but the evidence doesn't seem very clear. I've never had any problems, but be careful. Either way, a lysergamide or tryptamine is going to be perfectly fine. But do try it by itself first.

Definitely don't mix with other releasers. I did 20mg aMT + 100mg MDMA a few months back and it was the most hellish drug experience I've ever had physically. The high itself wasn't bad, but not great, very very heavy. Just soooo mongy and intense and not what I would ever want. But then the next day, the next fucking day. I have never in my life felt that close to being a zombie, feeling like death. The four of us that did it were at a living community in California doing a month long program, it was the second to last day, three of us had to work, and it was the most nightmarish experience I could ever imagine having to function while in that state.

I had a great love affair with AMT some years back. For me was delicious mixed together with MXE a few hours after the AMT set in. Two completely different headspaces that added together to one awesome night of headfuckery. Thems were the days, back before all this hyper-prohibition stupidness.

So, for my first round with AMT I plan on plugging 100mg of succinate. From I've read so far that should be on par with 50-60 mg of the freebase. I've taken quite a few various types of tryptamines and phenethylamines at high dosages without any issues, so I'm certain this will be no different.

For the first time in my life, I might have to make an exception, as I never combine drugs I haven't tried before On there own, but I won't Have an opportunity to trip for the next 6 months, so I have to make this one count. Along with the AMT, I ordered some 150ug al-lad blotters and being that al-lad is pretty much free from any negative side effects, I don't feel like I'm being reckless dropping one tab on top of the AMT.

I'd wait until 3-4 hours after dosing to drop the AL-LAD, aMT is a strong one. Give yourself time to decide whether you want more first.

I had my only one experience with AMT a few days ago. To say it was uncomfortable would be an understatement. I probably dosed to high for a first experience (65mg oral). The thing is that it was all I had and I didn't want to get a half way experience, and I was mainly interested in its psychedelic potential...first mistake. I was gonna plug that dosage as I had read that will diminish the bodyload, but I was not able to dissolve the compound probably because it was in its freebase form so I changed my mind and used oral ROA...second mistake.

Taste was extremely disgusting and made me nauseous straight away. Only thinking about it makes my face twist. It hit me really fast in like 15 minutes and strong nausea came my way. Not possible to avoid throwing up and this went on for a few hours. I sometimes get very nauseous with things like MDMA but it goes away quickly or if I cannot resist when I throw up. But this went on for ages. Effect reminded me of a kind of entactogen. Psychologicaly was nothing special which was probably a good thing as fucked as I was.

Didn't remember enjoying a single bit of the experience though getting rid of the nausea was relieving. Even when nausea was gone I had a strong headache far past the effect till +24h and felt really mongy physically and phychologically. Went for a walk when the effects worn off and I could barely move.

My wish to research further this compound has vanished. I would put it first in my list of horrible bodyload and first prize for worst drug experience of the decade. Just wish I had dosed lower and rectal ROA to get a better understanding of the compound. Anyway I feel like I burnt some bridges and I'll never look back. Suppose I should learn to be more respectful of new compounds even if I feel mentally strong...they can still hand me my ass.

^Similar to my only experience with 30mg a few years ago, I didn't vomit though. I remember enjoying it though but it felt underwhelming at that dose. But the come up was nauseous enough for me to never look for it again.

Wow, crazy. I do find it to produce bodyload for sure, but I find that goes away after a while. For me, AMT is a VERY slow builder, one of the slowest I've ever encountered. I'll feel a little off-center, a bit psychedelic, kind of nothing special, for the first 5+ hours. And then it will shift gears into an intensely empathogenic state akin to MDMA but preferable (for me). I like to take it earlier in the day when I'm going to a show or a late-night social gathering or party. Last weekend I took it for a keg party (first one in 13 years =D) where I only knew a few people, and I had epic conversations with everyone, I felt like I was having the best time of my life. This is how AMT always works for me, it's a real gem, one of my favorites.

But I guess it doesn't agree with everyone. Bummer man.

I am really jealous of you. If it didn't make completely sick I could see how it could be kind of very long lasting MDMA with a bit of an edge.
Well for me it is like these people that when you first meet them there is something in them you don't like at all. It is very difficult to change that first impression. And with the actual offer of psychedelics and entactogens I don't see myself giving it another chance.

Of course we are in the 5th Big & Dandy release so must be something else about the compound besides having been legal in the UK until short ago. I am not the kind of person who classifies drugs in good or bad, I much prefer Ott classification of smart drugs and silly drugs. As puts in the center of the question the user and not the drug. For me AMT was a silly drug and for others might be a really smart drug.

And in a way was good to get my ass kick, I was at one point where I was getting a bit too brave and reckless. So a few hours of being in the limit as uncomfortable and scary as they were, had a therapeutic side to them. I thought about what would be like to be really sick, and how miserable it could get. That was a valuable insight which makes me value more my health.
As well it is really curious how when you are in deep water you swear to yourself never to put yourself in that situation again, and after a couple of days you are seeing with new eyes again. That gives me a kind of strengh knowing that even when something goes wrong, time heals all wounds.

There is just one sure thing. Next time I read bad bodyload I am gonna dose low and plug it.

But please, I don't want anybody put back for my bad review. If I could go to the past I probably wouldn't be able to convince myself not to do it as stubborn as I am. So I just will tell him(me), convert it to a salt and stick it up your ass at least.

It was probably the dosage... Every once in a while it happens to all psychonauts with different substances.

I'd be curious to try aMT (probably start with 20-25mg to see how it affects me) in some social setting! 8)

Yeah, in my experience aMT has a relatively small window of a dose that is 'just right' and under or overshooting that dose will leave you mostly with uncomfortable side effects and only very little of the enjoyable effects. For plugging, you should be able to dissolve the freebase by adding a little bit of an acid, e.g. vinegar. But even just putting the freebase in water, stirring a bit so it is suspended and then sucking it all up into a syringe should work just fine too.

I haven't tried amt but have it in my stash. From what I read you really need to push for 45mg rectally dosed to make it work.
If your gonna do it, do it right.
From my studies of this chemical it seems rectal dosing is the only way to go and I haven't tried any drug that way.
Most people say that its a bit uncomfortable until you push the 45mg dose.

It was probably the dosage... Every once in a while it happens to all psychonauts with different substances.

I'd be curious to try aMT (probably start with 20-25mg to see how it affects me) in some social setting! 8)

While it's probably a good idea to start lower just to make sure, it is likely that that dose will feel mostly uncomfortable. As others have said above, for me I find that underdosing produces mostly a weird bodyload and the good effects never fully develop. Of course, you could be extra sensitive so maybe best not to immediately jump in to a full dose. Just be aware, it might not be indicative of how AMT will be for you at a full dose. My first few times with AMT were like 20mg and 25mg or something, I didn't really like it (I pushed up only another 5mg because 20mg felt uncomfortable/annoying). I didn't do it for a good while and then said fuck it and went for 40 or 45mg (of the freebase), can't remember exactly because it's been over 10 years since then, but oh boy did I love it at that dose. :)

I really miss this stuff, back when it was legal in the UK it was my first ever proper psychedelic experience. I orally dosed around 60mg with a good friend some time in spring of 2013, we also took some capsules of ginger as I've always found this to prevent nausea. Neither of us experienced significant nausea or bodyload. Naively due to our lack of experience with psychedelics we decided it would be a good idea to take the stuff in the centre of town. Initially we were hit with powerful waves of euphoria while sat in the park listening to Flying Lotus on a portable speaker. The visuals manifested at first as tribal designs in the sky and grass and general tryptaminey distortion of things.

As the trip really started to kick in, the somewhat busy environment became far too intense and the people on the street started to look like sinister, waxy goblins. I can vividly remember anxiously walking with my friend in the direction of a local nature spot while watching traffic lights and bus stops melt into the pavement. Fortunately, the change in the trip was profound once we found ourselves no longer in the centre of the city and instead in the nature spot. A great feeling of calm overtook us both and we sat in silence for the entire duration of the album Donuts by J Dilla. We smoked some weed and walked around being amazed by everything we saw. My friend memorably was blown away by the sight of a plastic bag which he described as "frozen smoke".

With hindsight, I found AMT to be a very unique psychedelic and I would leap at the chance to take it again. I also had a very memorable experience combining a relatively low dose with a k-hole sized line of wonk. The resulting state was incredibly surreal, highlights included watching a train come through my bedroom window, flying down a rainbow tunnel inscribed with hieroglyphics, communicating with an aquaintance on the astral plane and feeling convinced I had accidentally broken into somebody else's house as I didn't recognise any of the furniture.

Ah man, truly simpler times...

Last edited:
Yeah it's great stuff. I also had a friend in college who got visuals from AMT and found it to be more psychedelic than I do. She would get full-on visuals and a very intense headspace, she said it was like LSD but stronger and more euphoric. For me, the initial stage of AMT, the first 4 or 5 hours, is somewhat euphoric and somewhat psychedelic, I get some extremely light patterning at most (I've taken up to 90mg of the freebase at once though I had tolerance then), but never had any real visuals from or been powerfully transported or even majorly thrown off my social skills. Then hour ~5 hits, and it becomes extremely empathogenic, to the point that I prefer it to MDMA, it makes me want to talk to absolutely everyone and share things, my entire existence seems filled with love and positivity. I get some of that psychedelic thought process but just in the analytical way, where concepts seem to connect more readily, but it doesn't get very trippy at all. I get really strong nystagmus and it can be hard to focus on things with my vision... nothing dilates my pupils more than AMT does. This empathogenic state lasts for quite a long time, at least 10 more hours after it starts. At really high doses I can become slightly delirious in the same way that MDA can do.

For me AMT is more empathogen than psychedelic. It reminds me of MDA that lasts a very long time and also takes a long time to get started, and is a little more empathogenic.

Cool xorkoth. I'm not a fan of MDMA, plastic happiness is what I feel from it. I'm not a real happy person in my life but I put on a great social show that entertains other peoples/ sheep.
Sounds like amt is not for me, I guess I stocked the wrong chemical.

^I feel similarly about the "plastic happiness" of MDMA. But even though I agree that AMT is more empathogenic than psychedelic, for me it has just enough of that "tryptamine seriousness" so that euphoria, empathy etc feel much more honest and natural and in that regard much more like a psychedelic than MDMA. YMMV.

Agreed. I think you might as well give AMT a shot. I'm not saying it's just like MDMA. Like tokezu said, it's got enough psychedelic to it that it feels real.

Not a fan of MDMA as well but I really like MDA and 6-APDB for their light psychedelic, warm entactogenic effects and for their quite natural feel of euphoria and life satisfaction. If aMT is anything like MDA, I need to stock up!... 8)

Man i wanna try one day. Have had some freebase amt for 17 years now..never touched it. Gotta change that soon!

Its still white, hope its still good.