Votes: 19 29.7%
  • Yes, but only a little

Votes: 24 37.5%
  • No

Votes: 18 28.1%
  • Sometimes / Completely depends on whether it is salt or freebase

Votes: 3 4.7%

• Total voters
Ah so you've dealt with the brown batch I speak of? I'd be curious to hear how you feel about it, if you've tried it, in relation to other batches.

I know the smell you're talking about though, very distinct, impossible to mask. Could smell it through a sealed bag and then some.

Are you liable to get the AMT-induced nausea at 40-60mg doses, or is it just something that is always kinda there no matter what?

I always thought the whole AMT smell thing was a bit over-rated. I can certainly smell something, faintly, but that's about it.

Has anyone seen any of the very homogenized, flour-like off-white powder AMT succinate from a well-established source? I just got some, and it's throwing me off because there is no smell that I associate with AMT at all. I was wondering if that's normal for the succinate?
Heh, me too. I've only had the classic smelling mothballs freebase and scentless HCL. The succinate is mildly earthy, but nowhere near as strong as the freebase.

usually, the free base is bound to smell more than a salt, because there are less intermolecular interaction which makes the stuff more volatile.

this is generally speaking and not just about AMT.

I always thought the whole AMT smell thing was a bit over-rated. I can certainly smell something, faintly, but that's about it.

Have you smelled the freebase? It's the strongest smelling chemical I've ever smelled that I've ingested. Overpowering really. You can smell it through multiple sealed bags, and if the inner bag touches something, that thing smells for a bit.

Heh, me too. I've only had the classic smelling mothballs freebase and scentless HCL. The succinate is mildly earthy, but nowhere near as strong as the freebase.

The succinate I have has a faint smell but it doesn't smell like AMT. But I've only ever had freebase before this.

Have you smelled the freebase? It's the strongest smelling chemical I've ever smelled that I've ingested. Overpowering really. You can smell it through multiple sealed bags, and if the inner bag touches something, that thing smells for a bit.

The succinate I have has a faint smell but it doesn't smell like AMT. But I've only ever had freebase before this.
I presumably have the same product, though I've not tested it yet. Don't concern yourself with the smell or lack thereof. I know from previous purchases that aMT HCL is scentless, and so I'd expect that salting the freebase with succinic acid would result in a strong reduction of odor.

New to AMT & questions about festival use

I just received half a gram of what appears to be the off-white succinate powdery batch, purchased from a reputable vendor.
This is the first time I'll be researching and I have to say, I'm very excited to give it a go when the opportunity presents itself! :)

Today has been a lot of reading up on whatever info I could find on this chem and I'm fairly sure I'm going to have a great low-dose first experience.

I'm still not 100% clear on some details though, maybe some of you guys can help me out. I'm mainly confused about the timetable and duration of AMT's MAOI effects, and I'd like to have a better understanding about when its safe to start using other substances again and how long my system should be clear before indulging. I'm sorry for the long and scattered post boys, I hope some of you make it trough :p Here we go..

By the time I've gotten a good feel for the substance, would this chem be a good candidate for festival use? I handle my psychs pretty well in public and mainly don't have many side effects.

My biggest concern is how it will impact/fit in with the rest of my drug use while I'm there. This is a 7 day event (5 days of actual music.) and I'd like to keep one or two days completely reserved for one of the longer lasting psychedelics on the market. (If AMT isn't completely to my liking it'll most likely end up being DOC, a lysergamide or one of the 'recent' 2C-B analogues. If It ends up being AMT I might throw in a little 4-HO-MET, to make the experience a tad more visual.) I'll give y'all a quick list of my inventory so far:

I am bringing a few different psychs (2C-E, 4-AcO-DMT, 4-HO-MET and 5-MeO-MiPT), some kind of SRA (Might be 4-FA but probably just some good ol' MD.), one regular stim (?3-FPM?) and most likely a disso. (I'd prefer O-PCE but I still have loads of 3-MeO-PCP on hand, + I have some doubts explained below..)

I am pretty well informed on what is and isn't safely possible to combine with a MAOI at play, but I am too uninformed about how long I should realistically wait if I'd like to use AMT in between my regular 'alcohol/stims/disso' "festival schedule".

So basically my questions are:

- If I choose AMT for the long trip, is any safe SRA use still possible that week? Say I'd drop MD on day 1. Can I not choose AMT as my psych because of my depleted serotonin? And how would the reverse situation work out? Would my MD roll be heavily dulled if I'd roll +-4 days after the end of my AMT experience? Would this still be dangerous because of lingering MAO inhibition or is a few days (or even hours?) enough time for the two substances to cause no dangerous interactions? I wouldn't even mind a dulled roll that much, as long as I'm sure I'm in no risk of SS.

- More regarding the MAO inhibition and plain stims. I'm assuming that If I make sure to wait a couple of half-lives after my last stimulant dose, it won't cause any issues or interactions? Also, approximately how long after the AMT's notable effects have subsided would it be safe to start using a plain stim again?

One last thing. Dissos.. Would a pure NMDA-antagonist have any unwanted interactions with AMT, during or after the trip? I'm assuming dissos like O-PCE or 3-MeO-PCP would be highly dangerous to consume the day before/while tripping on AMT, because of their SRI properties and ridiculously long after effects, but Ketamine should theoretically be fine no? Would the minimum safe waiting time to begin dosing dissos after the AMT has worn off be roughly as long as it is regarding stimulants?

Well my wall is done it seems, I hope someone can provide me some insight! many thanks for taking the time to read! :)

I just wanted to say I spent one year tripping to aMT weekly or bi-weekly, a while back, and it was a good year. I know the full name by heart. I remember one time where I had a new batch, same supplier but new bulk order. I dosed the same weight, but it was different quality and I went full gonzo in my appartement. I was on the floor roaring, pretending I was a tiger in the jungle, and the visuals were off the roof. Good thing I always locked the door and stuff. It's funny, but of course I enjoyed the music more. I had chosen aMT to trip solo with a decent level of lucidity, and it performed as expected, well except for that trip. I dosed by volume, and it took me a while to realize I could put it in coca-cola. Drinking vinegar was the bad part. Then I stopped psychedelics. It's possible I had psychological consequences from all that tripping, though I was weird and psychologically unfit from the start. But it's hard to be certain, as also i was gobbling up LSD. And now I feel fine, even better than before. I think it's dangerous and reckless to abuse, and you have to be very careful with the dose, but overall I enjoyed it, and I'd do it again, but that's because I'm reckless. I liked it more than LSD, but it's also because I didn't want such profoundness. The name alone is great, alpha-methyltryptamine. It's the best word of any language. (well, except for mescaline)

Are you liable to get the AMT-induced nausea at 40-60mg doses, or is it just something that is always kinda there no matter what?
At that dose, I almost always had the nausea, even with coca-cola, and I don't remember getting used to it. Most of the time, I had to puke. I could manage not to, with some effort, but it felt better to just get it over with. It's the problem with that substance, and why I prefer synthetic mescaline. The advantages of aMT are that it's cheap and long and lucid, but it's not perfect.

psychomuesli, if it was me I would take MDMA the first day for the most untainted experience, then disso the day after to kind of counter the down (but I know little about disso), and aMT the last day, so that you have some serotonin (a few days should be fine), and so that if you weird it out, or puke in public, or take a too strong dose, it's the last day and you can leave and nobody will remember you. As far as I remember, aMT is a very weak MAOI and so I'd hazard to say 24h should be alright, but I'm not a doctor. Technically, you'd have to wait like one week to be perfectly safe, but with so many interactions and stuff, it is hard to guarantee. But my understanding is that it's a weak MAOI and so you should be fine if you don't do crazy doses, and taking it afterward. I think I remember taking aMT right after taking MDMA, like at the comedown, or maybe even at the same time, and I'm still alive, though it's theoretically not safe, especially above 50mg. More than 50mg, I wouldn't take it with anything else, unless you know what you're doing. Yes, don't combine aMT with another stim, because it increases heart rate already. I think you could do MD-disso-psych-ket-aMT, for 5 days, and it could work. (but I've never been to a festival)

Last edited:
thanks for the helpful answer to my questions radamus! :) I'll see how it treats me regarding body load etc, but this is a very drug tolerating festival so a bit of puking on the come-up I can definitely handle :p

I'd be concerned about 3-MeO-PCP staying in your body a long time (how it can linger!) and possible interactions with AMT though I am not really so sure about what the risks would be, I'd think more along the lines of hypertensive crisis or if not threatening then still pretty damn uncomfortable. Can't comment on chances of negative interaction or instead being in luck and getting a bit of synergy. Seems like you are concerned with it yourself already... ketamine also influences serotonin significantly but it has a shorter duration of action and physical effects are relatively more limited (also seen when comparing e.g. elevated heartrate between K and 3-MeO-PCP or O-PCE).

Serotonin depletion doesn't mean a whole lot to me thinking about it in terms of "interaction", if you start with MDMA... but I would rather consider the exhaustion more generally. Not everyone crashes equally hard, but for some folks the days after can of course be a bit of down and even depressed. I also found a number of suggestions that this E hangover can have a lot to do with expectations and that with CBT type psychology the brunt of it can be managed much better.

Anyway the upside seems that you would notice not feeling up to it, ignoring it and trying to trip anyway and keep following it up can be pretty unpredictable - I'd really keep an eye on it, sounds too ambitious generally ^ but some people may not find such a regimen during a festival so uncommon. Relying on being able to handle it and keep it responsible? I have my doubts.

Why don't you at the very least choose which of those days you want full effects from what you are taking and what days more of a mild buzz to allow some rest (apart from maybe reconsidering taking any disso other than low dose K)?

As was suggested above, AMT is not really a significant MAOI at lower doses but when taking 50-100 or even more suddenly it becomes more of a significant MAOI. Also I think the duration is rather long so yeah I'd wait a few halflives which will quickly add up to days. Don't know if stacking drugs on top of each other will also delay breakdown and elimination of the drugs because of enzyme interactions. Be aware.

Last edited:
Absolutely love aMT, one of my favorite psychedelics definitely.

Does anyone find that they only get nauseous after rectal dosing? I have taken up to ~50mg orally, never have any nausea, but whenever I dose rectally I always throw up.

No, for me it's the total opposite. I always get nausea orally, and if I get any rectally, it's only very minor and passes quickly.

That does make more sense if its the 5HT3 in your gut that is the nausea culprit which you bypass with rectal dosing. Does ondansetron help for AMT nausea? If it does, that is indeed the culprit.

Has anyone taken AMT the day before or after a medicinal dose of an amphetamine? I am prescribed dexamph but am wary of taking AMT because of how much time to wait. The receptors in my gut tell me waiting a day is fine, because the MAOI effect at the more ~20-25 mg modest doses I take is not that significant, and instead becomes rapidly more significant in the 50-100+ range and a 10 mg dexamph XR dose isn't that significant either... but I'd rather be safe than sorry and having to wait a long time is not convenient..

I cannot really answer your question (allthough I'd have the same feeling I guess), but I wonder about the MAO inhibitor activity of AMT which is also a monoamine releaser... wouldn't high doses of AMT be inherently dangerous because of this?

Qft :|

I have taken amphetamine on the tail end of an aMT trip before. Not reccomended HR wise of course.
The amphetamine dose was on the low end, not sure of exact amounts, as this was powdered amphetamine of unknown purity. I noticed no side effects or negative symptoms of any kind. The aMT dose was 65-75mg.

Edit: as a side note: aMT never produced any nausea for me at any dose in the range from 30-75mg oral.
Also, I concur that aMT is one the best psychedelics out there. Particularly in combination with other tryptamines.

Last edited:
I've been wanting to try AMT for the past ten years, done every other psych out there, but the opportunity never presented itself.

Finally, I was able to procure 1g from a trusted source. Tracking indicated it's two days out before arrival and I'm quite anxious to delve in. I'm aiming for the supposed psychedelic efffects that occur in the higher dosages. It seems the consensus that 50-60 mg is whats required to induce the full realm of effects. Is that fairly accurate? Also, I plan on plugging it, but I couldn't find much on the differences regarding the various roa's and their related strengths.

It's accurate, but if you're getting the fumarate salt, keep in mind it's only about 60% as potent as the freebase. So about 83mg of the fumarate is equivalent to about 50mg of the freebase (Erowid lists doses as freebase). Still do a lower dose first to test your sensitivity to the compound. And make sure you know what form it's in. Seems like these days it's fumarate but maybe you're getting a different form. make sure you know which form first.

I prefer plugging in general because it's smoother, but unlike with most things the dose seems to be about the same as oral.

Well this compound should suite me well, as the rectal route is my go to for most drugs. How does it act in conjunction with other compounds? I'm Thinking of throwing in tab of al-lad, or maybe opt for 4-ho-met because I've combined that with every class of chems and not once have an issue.

I was always under the impression AMT produces a notable amount of stimulation, but From what i read, it falls into the mdma calm/hypnotic type effects, just please tell me it's not like mdai because the task of moving out of bed is a futile one at best.
I like to venture out on psychs, so I don't wanna be glued to the bed the whole time,

For whatever reason, every empathogen I've had the past 2-3 year, haven't produced any effects, always a bummer. I started taking a noopept stack, so I'm hoping it'll intensify the trip.

Supposedly I ordered the succinate salt, which stated it is off white in color. I'm guessing this to be the weakest form of AMT? If anyone has experience with the various forms and correlating strengths, I'd really appreciate the input.

Xorkoth, I think you mentioned you had received the succinate. Did you ever get around to testing it?

Last edited: