View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy ALD-52 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those are pretty large doses for a combo, so that's not really surprising. IME AL-LAD can make things extra confusing when combined with LSD. Lower doses are more rewarding!

I embraced the insanity. I considered taking a benzo briefly but I never had coherent thoughts long enough to actually do it.

Normally visuals just play out as a 2D plane that I observe, this seemed to play out along the X and Y axis. I can't think of a better explanation. I saw the beginning and end of time, civilization, my life.

I sound insane.

I'm not sure if I gained any insight, but I feel totally smoothed over - it's odd.

I've been dosing half the 125ug tabs frequently the past month and I must say it's just like acid. I love this drug. Indistinguishable at lower doses.

-AnanasBannana, you don't sound crazy. That's a pretty typical thing to experience with such huge doses of most any psychedelic. The beginning of all, as well as the end. Fun times, but yeah, kind of difficult to bring any insight back from such brain-hammering experiences.

I've found that high doses of this stuff can make me catatonic... Everyday tasks become very difficult. suddenly anything that involves movement becomes a task which requires intense concentration.
MY movement feels rigid and robotic. I noticed this phenomenon on high dose 1p as well. I found this to be unpleasant. Anyone else experience anything like this?

What was your highest dose?

I embraced the insanity. I considered taking a benzo briefly but I never had coherent thoughts long enough to actually do it.

Normally visuals just play out as a 2D plane that I observe, this seemed to play out along the X and Y axis. I can't think of a better explanation. I saw the beginning and end of time, civilization, my life.

I sound insane.

I'm not sure if I gained any insight, but I feel totally smoothed over - it's odd.

We want more details :) (if that's possible)

No, I am not on any medication. What does that have to do with anything?

A lot of people are on medication nowadays. Don't feel offended :) Being on medication and taking acid can cause the body to react in a negative way. I suggest that's why he asked you. Well, then you're right and you're highly sensitive to acid. That's really sad :(

you're highly sensitive to acid. That's really sad :(

Not really... All it means is that I need less to get high. Therefore conserving blotter and saving money. It's a win win, I really think I am because I took what I believed to be 20mics (1/5th of a 100ug blot) and tripped pretty hard

My brain is just not used to this type of compound

Honestly I would just get really concerned about accidently taking too much if I was getting side effect so heavily on lysergamides. It's cool that you are happy about it though, to each thier own and all that.

I was just asking about medications because of increased body load.

Not really... All it means is that I need less to get high. Therefore conserving blotter and saving money. It's a win win, I really think I am because I took what I believed to be 20mics (1/5th of a 100ug blot) and tripped pretty hard

My brain is just not used to this type of compound

Ok, that's a positive way to look at it. I wouldn't touch these substances anymore if I'd get side effects. Not even lower doses. Of course that's my personal opinion :)

I've had very enjoyable experiences with this compound on 100 and 200µg doses, so I decided to take it up a notch to 300µg, this time in darkness to try to maximize visuals. I now have a greater appreciation of the dose/response curve of lysergamides and respect for people who take massive doses. Not only was this trip exponentially stronger than my 200µg experience, it also hit me much more quickly, which I wasn't expecting.

In retrospect, this dose was probably more than I could fully handle at my current level of experience, but I think the trip would have gone much better if not for one thing: body temperature. I've experienced increased body temperature during all of my other trips with this compound as well as with ETH-LAD, but this was time it was much more intense. Before, I could just take my shirt off and turn my fan on high to stay comfortable, but this time it was almost unbearable, sending me into a bit of a bad trip for the first half. Going to sit outside in the cold may have helped, but by the time things got really uncomfortable I was getting some ego loss, making it very difficult for me to move or think normally. During the peak I felt as if I was going to spontaneously combust.

After the peak, when my mind and body began to cool, the experience turned around immensely. The distance between all of the concepts in my mind seemed to shrink, making things that normally have nothing to do with each other somehow more closely related, until all things joined with their opposites and I was left with nothing, floating peacefully in the infinite darkness of my bedroom. Here I met with other vague presences, perhaps beings that had died or simply outgrown their need for a connection with reality in a sort of tibetan buddhist sense. I didn't speak with these beings, but somehow innately understood their nature. Some of them had not been there for much longer than me, but others had been in this place, or lack of place, for longer than I could possibly grasp. Amongst all of us there was a communal sense of paternal love and understanding of the reality I had left behind, and perhaps all other possible realities. My mind related this process to going backwards in time ever closer to the big bang, all things in the universe being compressed together and reaching unimaginable temperatures until I arrived at the beginning of time, and then there was nothing.

All in all, I look back on this as a rewarding and educational experience, but I'm not sure if I ever want to go through the discomfort of that trip's peak again. At the same time, I feel that it would be a shame to never experience powerful and fascinating concepts like these again, although I will at the least stick with lower doses until I am more experienced. Does anyone else have similar issues with these doses? Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

P.S.: I have since had a few 100µg trips on this substance, and there doesn't seem to be any lingering ill effect on my set.

@Starless

Thanks 4 sharing :) Sounds like you took a ride through the universe and time.

I'm still a bit afraid of ego loss and I'm not sure if I really want to experience it.

Even though I haven't tried Ald52 yet, I wouldn't dare to take 300ug. Good to know that higher doses will cause negative effect on the body. I'll start with 100ug and work my way up to 200ug.

I definitely recon 1Plsd is far more potent than ald52 eth lad and al lad.

Ok. 100ug of 1p didn't really satisfy me. No euphoria, no giggles. Just headspace that I didn't want to focus on. I probably should have done that and just let my self go. I think that was the problem, but I was in the forest alone and I didn't want to loose contact to reality :)

does anyone have any real info on the relative potency of these lysergic versions?
can it be found by comparing relative binding site affinities?
My sense is 1p does have more push but eth has more overall presence, that al-lad is sweeter, and ald-52 takes off most smoothly.

Ok. 100ug of 1p didn't really satisfy me. No euphoria, no giggles. Just headspace that I didn't want to focus on. I probably should have done that and just let my self go. I think that was the problem, but I was in the forest alone and I didn't want to loose contact to reality :)

I feel the same way about 1p. I've taken up to 300ug, and I've never really had a full-on LSD sort of headspace. With ALD-52, 65ug is better in terms of headspace, 125ug is pretty strong. I wish I could have any real idea of LSD dosages for me but I have never actually known (like almost everyone, despite advertised dosages). 3 hits of the average LSD I have had feels similar in potency to 125ug of ALD-52, or maybe a little more. ALD is very, very strong for me, and I love that. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.