View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy ALD-52 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for this amazing thread. I'm just starting my journey with psychedelics and today chose to buy some ALD52 blotters. I have never tried LSD nor any other acid, but I do have tried magic truffles and LSA seeds, nor of them giving me the spiritual insights I'd like to gain. When I get the blotters Im thinking of going for a 200 ug or 250 ug dose. Any recommendation for a first timer?

No offense but have you been reading this thread? Xorkoth as well as myself and countless others with experience have made it pretty clear that 125ug is a strong dose.

Don't go overestimating your abilities young padawan ;) If anything, 3/4 of a 125ug tab would be the best starting dose. I don't think 125ug is necessarily too strong but family members have started with 3/4 and been more than happy and had full spiritual experiences. That is to say, 200ug+ is much too strong for a first dose.

Thank you for this amazing thread. I'm just starting my journey with psychedelics and today chose to buy some ALD52 blotters. I have never tried LSD nor any other acid, but I do have tried magic truffles and LSA seeds, nor of them giving me the spiritual insights I'd like to gain. When I get the blotters Im thinking of going for a 200 ug or 250 ug dose. Any recommendation for a first timer?

Welcome :)

psy997 is right. You should take it slow. You don't wanna end up having a bad trip. 200ug will probably cause ego death and some users reported temporary health issues on higher doses while tripping. Just take it slow and and see how you react to this kind of substance. And yeah, don't forget to report back :)

Last edited:
@Starless

Thanks 4 sharing :) Sounds like you took a ride through the universe and time.

I'm still a bit afraid of ego loss and I'm not sure if I really want to experience it.

Even though I haven't tried Ald52 yet, I wouldn't dare to take 300ug. Good to know that higher doses will cause negative effect on the body. I'll start with 100ug and work my way up to 200ug.
I should clarify that my trip had no discernible effect on my physical or mental health, it was just quite uncomfortable for a while. I also don't want to imply that this will happen to everyone, although I know I'm not the only one to experience overheating on this substance. I do highly recommend trying this substance at 100µg and then 200 once you're comfortable with it.

The thing is when you will have an ego loss you won't be afraid because it's your ego who is afraid. So no ego no fear :)

I understand, but some users report about floating in space for example (ego death) and still being afraid of the unknown which can lead to a bad trip and in some cases led to a bad experience. I'm just saying this because I read a lot of reports.

when we are in the "altered state" we understand impossible things. (things that normally do not go together will seem to fit perfectly)
the whole explanation of ego loss is one of these impossible things, when you are there - of course!
when you are not in that state, no logic will properly describe what is natural when in that state.

I could not tell you what psychedelic ego loss means, but that is not important - it is just one of several common observations that has returned with psychonauts.

when we are in the "altered state" we understand impossible things. (things that normally do not go together will seem to fit perfectly)
the whole explanation of ego loss is one of these impossible things, when you are there - of course!
when you are not in that state, no logic will properly describe what is natural when in that state.

I could not tell you what psychedelic ego loss means, but that is not important - it is just one of several common observations that has returned with psychonauts.

I know what you mean. I felt this way the first time I took Lsd many years ago. Everything just made sense. I had no questions left in my head. After the experience I was back to normal like wtf :) And I also had this a few years ago when I was waking up in the morning. I know it sounds funny but it was even more beautiful than the Lsd experience. While waking up I felt like I was enlightened and the whole universe and everything that has ever happened made complete sense. It felt like heaven :) It was very beautiful but only lasted for a few seconds. Still I will never forget that moment :)

Mr. Grateful,

I am grateful that you mention your "while waking from a dream" state souvenir that was most beautiful of all to you.
this and the way psychedelics seem to operate (by supporting frame stacking) are key to my understanding of the mental universe:

it starts with normal consciousness accommodating a series of frames of experience - one after another - with only enough overlap (before fading away) to produce continuity in memory between momentary frames. (thus what happened before gets linked with what happens afterwards through overlap blending in each frame of memory)

my understanding of mental states extends from this:
with increasing inebriation we have an increasing overlap of more slowly fading frames of experience. and when very stoned, or waking from sleep, or in meditative absorption, or when intensely emotional - very slowly fading frames of experience are so overlapped that they stack up forming real experiences of Cartesian space that are not possible, or fundamentally contradictory irl. Not just cartesian spaces, but theories, visions, music, and feelings can be layered and stacked and truly co-accommodatingly sustained in gorgeous collaborative verity.

a very dramatic experiment of this is when on salvia, I look at what is in front of me and then turn, and I still see what was in front of me as well as what is now really in front of me, and my mind absorbs it as one reality. indeed you can turn 360 degrees slowly and see everything sustained for a few seconds - true 360 degree visual awareness!! impossible but real.

what is up can also be down, and what is far can also be near. a well stacked mind state is ultra accommodating to spatial and conceptual contradiction and will produce chimeras of beauty from the chaos that more than one moment's blended experience can bring.

I understand, but some users report about floating in space for example (ego death) and still being afraid of the unknown which can lead to a bad trip and in some cases led to a bad experience. I'm just saying this because I read a lot of reports.
If you are mainly afraid of the unknown you shouldn't use lsd or similar. But if your curiosity is higher than your fear then you will probably do it.
From my expérience, ego death creates a great relief and particularly kills any fear. The more disturbing is for me the loss of time. Past, present and future are sometimes difficult to discerne but it is an interesting part because this is something you want feel often in your life, time being nearly a constant in a normal state.

As far as fear goes, in the intense psychedelic state, you can actually have profound calm at the very same time as you have intense fear, and this provides mitigation of fearful outcomes without actually reducing fear.
Later you may remember that it was a piece of cake! but really it was intense as hell and heaven blended.
All of our sober planning and expectation re this does not exactly match the strangeness of the psychedelic experience.

Nicely put pupnik. I have learnt not to aggressively try and push the fear away, I think being afraid of fear is what gets people all stuck and paralysed, if you try to at least allow it to manifest (ultimately you want to get to the point where you are so unafraid you are able to welcome it) it becomes much much easier to deal with positively in my experience

I found ego death to be a sublimely beautiful, and in fact life-changing, experience. If you're able to accept things, you should be good. If you have a really hard time giving up control and lack of control makes you nervous, psychedelics might not be for you. Fighting against ego dissolution (which is I think a better name for it than ego death) can produce a lot of fear, but there's no need to fight against it.

@pupnik

The way you described this state is very interesting. The impossible becomes possible and just totally makes sense. This is one of the reasons I believe in life/relief after death for those who send out positive waves into the universe. The body is just a shell.

If you are mainly afraid of the unknown you shouldn't use lsd or similar. But if your curiosity is higher than your fear then you will probably do it.
From my expérience, ego death creates a great relief and particularly kills any fear. The more disturbing is for me the loss of time. Past, present and future are sometimes difficult to discerne but it is an interesting part because this is something you want feel often in your life, time being nearly a constant in a normal state.

Ok, there are two things I am scared of and they're both unknown lol. The dark ocean and dark space in the universe. I really don't know why I have these fears. They're really not strong fears and I am really a positive person who loves and appreciates life to the fullest (I really enjoy every day, life is sooo beautiful) but I have these (little) fears. I can't explain why.. Like you guys said it is probably the fear of loosing control and beind sucked into the unknown. How can I defeat these fears? I never had any problems with psychedelics and I love them, but I never really took a high dose :)

I am not scared of ego dissolution, but I have huge respect and my first time trying will definitely be a challenge. I'll do it like you guys said and just let it happen like I was going to meditate. I will not judge or think, I'll just be and see where the experience takes me.

Hi Mr Grateful, sorry for the delay in getting back to you, I just had to make sure I had the time to write a proper response. What I would say is try not push yourself and be too forceful, go at a pace that suits you and respects where you are now. Try not to worry. During the 20 years I have been taking LSD and other lysergamides my relationship to them has been completely changing all the time. For the first ten years or so I had reservations and was scared of taking high doses that you have to surrender to and therefore rarely did. Then one year at a music festival I was buying a single drop of liquid acid when the lid fell off and nearly all of it spilt down my arm. I knew at that point I had no choice, I was either going to have to embrace the fact that i was in the process of ingesting god knows how much acid or be completely torn apart by it. In the end I licked up the acid and had one of the best and most life changing trips of my life. The foundations of my fear had disappeared and ever since then those fears have been evaporating, I can't stop it because they have been totally undermined. I realised what I was really frightened all the parts of me that I had neglected, locked away and hadn't allowed myself to understand.

With the help of meditation practice and psychedelic medicines like LSD and mushrooms and in the last few years ayahuasca and ibogaine, all those parts of me have been opened up and I have seen them for what they were, all faults and flaws included, and have had to learn to accept it. I am still in that process but I know I am making progress so I am happy.

But at the same time I now understand that it is totally natural to be afraid. Of the unknown but also of lots of others things. Fear is hard wired in us as a survival mechanism, and cannot be so swiftly and easily transcended, particularly if we are still trying to push it away rather than acknowledging and understanding it. I still develop irrational fear when I am in a big expanse of sea that I can't see the bottom of, a fear of what is out there in the unknown. But that's ok, that's what happens for me and I don't let it stop me swim. I am still afraid of what the future might have in store for me (our old friend the unknown again), of getting a terminal illness, of losing my parents too soon, of so many things.

And I still have fear around ego dissolution, of course I do because I have been gripping on tightly to my ego thinking it was me since long before I can remember. Now I am being shown that restricting my identity to this tiny and deceptive component of the operational mechanism I need function properly in ordinary life on this planet is stopping me from seeing the bigger picture and understanding that I am so much more.

But I don't let that stop me, I just try and accept that the fear is a transitory part of where I am currently and that's ok. You could even turn things around and say that having a fear of the unknown is the very reason you SHOULD take psychedelics because they will help you better understand and gain the freedom and tools to move beyond it.

I am not saying that everyone should take psychedelics, lots of people should not because they are just not cut out for it, just like I am not cut out for being a professional basket ball player. But it sounds like you already have experience and a love for psychedelics so you know already that you can take them. Psychedelics can help us to grow very fast, and that can be scary because we that means will have to let go of a lot of things that are very familiar. Even though ordinary life is really not that great at all, because the potential we have to become a stronger being with a better understanding of who we really are is still an unknown for us, I think it is natural to be frightened. Terrence McKenna once said that if you had no fear before a DMT trip there was something wrong with you, that the fear was critical because it meant you understood the significance and transformative power of the journey ahead of you. The same applies for LSD.

Sorry for the long post, I am really trying to say more with less but I struggle to be really succinct particularly when it comes to this topic and I really want to help if I can.

Last edited:
Hey NiceEnough,

thx for sharing, I appreciate it.

Letting go by acceptance is truly the best way to live with fear. I'm glad to hear that you're doing good.

I bet that was a hell of a day/night at the music festival and it's good to hear about such positive experiences. If I had the chance to take psychedelics at a music festival, I would've probably not done it but I understand that accepting and observing fear/thoughts/emotions is a gateway to now and true happiness (basically ego dissolution in our reality).

I read "The power of now" by Eckart Tolle and it really helped me a lot in life and I feel better than ever. But yeah the ocean and space are still scarring me (I know that's my ego trying to trick me hehe). I will definitely try to solve this problem with psychs and become friends with my fears and learn to accept them.
But I will not force it. The day will come :) Until then I will stay happy and grateful.

Had a very long break from psychedelics but I'm back in wonderland since about 2 years and it feels refreshing. And yes, these substances are opening new doors for humanity, showing us that there's more than our reality! To me this is incredible. And it didn't change my believes in god (i suggest god is a perfect working eternal source of energy).

I've read a lot about DMT and also a few bad trip stories that I really didn't like. I know there are a lot of people reporting about the most beautiful experience of their life but it is the problem with time.. Some people say they had a bad trip and it literally felt like 1000 years or even eternity and that the event changed their life (in a negative way). That's crazy and I don't like the thought (there go my ego again). Lsd doesn't cause this type of feeling, am I right?

It always feels good to share stories and experiences. Peace

Yeah no #2 prons for me but, i seem to retain alot of fluid. Cuz i swear evertime i end up pissimg a stream for a solid 2 minutes evertime. Which i found strange to say te least.......

Didn't notice this for al-lad or eth-lad or ald but 1P, my lord, I'm calling this "I PEE"-LSD from now on.

PS: Sorry for bringing this up now but a while back was looking for this peculiar side effect with it being hardly mentioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.