• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Lysergamides The Big & Dandy ALD-52 Thread - Part 2 "Aciityl Aciiiid"

I always mix beer with all my drugs, even doing dangerous combos like GBL/benzos + beer and never had a problem. I use it in moderation and with a tolerance from drinking beer everyday for years though. It helps to round the edges and anxiety.

Took 250 mics last night. I'd also taken a good amount of benzos a couple hours beforehand. I know there is controversy regarding benzos and psyches. I'd read enough to convince myself taking the ald-52 would not be a waste. However, I took more Benzos than I intended to resulting in a 4 hour black out/passout and I missed the peak. But when came to I was greeting with pleasant, but mild visuals, and this absolutely blissful giggling that came in unpredictable bursts.

So even with the benzos and the 4 hours I lost (likely including the peak unfortunately) I have to say, ald-52 is the real deal.

Last edited:
I only use benzos as a trip killer. With LSD or ALD-52 seem to be greatly lessened by benzos. Especially visual effects.

Is there a reason why you preload with benzos?

I only use benzos as a trip killer. With LSD or ALD-52 seem to be greatly lessened by benzos. Especially visual effects.

Is there a reason why you preload with benzos?

it was very spur of the moment. I was chilling with a friend, we'd already done some benzos, and I asked if he wanted to trip. I didn't originally plan to take any ALD-52 that night. Even if I significantly dulled it with the benzos, it was still awesome.

How does the potency of ALD-52 compare to 1p-LSD? I'm somewhat experienced with the latter and I'm wondering if I should go for the same dosage with the former.

the ramp seems a bit different,
at least subjective onset is a bit different,
but the strength seems the same to me.
I have only gone to 2/3 tab of each and felt 1p was more forward while ald was more gentle but both went to the same place at peak.

people report that at 2 tabs ald is a big surprise (stronger than what they imagine adding the effects up- but this may be lack of understanding of what is the effect - for me it is about layers and persistence over time)
also it seems each batch may be doped into the paper slightly differently so that if it says 100 mics it could range from 80 to 120, just how it seems to me.

also it seems each batch may be doped into the paper slightly differently so that if it says 100 mics it could range from 80 to 120, just how it seems to me.

Could set and setting account for variation in that small of changes in mcg?

Also, I am just saying that I think people should stop answering the "compare 1P to ALD" because it has been answered countless times now and it seems to just clutter the thread - just my opinion though.

it can totally account for all the subjective stuff, but nothing can account for the loose regulation on how the blotters are doped. really there is no regulation.
guessing microgrammage will just go on and on.

No offense, but I just browsed through the thread to try and quote posts in the OP that make comparisons, for easy visibility like a pseudo-faq.... and I have trouble coming up with posts that actively compare 1P-LSD effects/experience to ALD-52.
But if you mean discussion about whether the 1-acyl group makes a real difference vs LSD or 1P vs ALD then I partially agree it is getting tiresome - on the other hand it is a valid and almost quintessential topic for these compounds, isn't it? Being confronted with our lack of conclusive data is what is getting annoying...

ALD-52 and 1P-LSD are so similar to LSD that I think the differences (or perceived differences) are what the thread should focus on. Just about anything that can be said of ALD-52 can also be said about LSD or 1P-LSD, but it's the subtle differences that are noteworthy.

I think the lack of conclusive data, even after these chemicals have been available for a few years, says a lot about how factors other than the drug itself (e.g. set and setting, dosing accuracy, metabolism) can affect how people react to a drug.

To be clear, my question was strictly on dosage equivalence between ALD-52 and 1p-LSD, not the effects per se, although I guess the two topics are linked.

No offense, but I just browsed through the thread to try and quote posts in the OP that make comparisons, for easy visibility like a pseudo-faq.... and I have trouble coming up with posts that actively compare 1P-LSD effects/experience to ALD-52.
But if you mean discussion about whether the 1-acyl group makes a real difference vs LSD or 1P vs ALD then I partially agree it is getting tiresome - on the other hand it is a valid and almost quintessential topic for these compounds, isn't it? Being confronted with our lack of conclusive data is what is getting annoying...

No offense but I am just saying this is what I am taking in comparisons to regular LSD for the first 5 of 48 pages. (if people are too lazy to look up 1P comparisons themselves, so they can compare the two then they don't really deserve to be using heavy psychedelics in the first place IMO)

By Help!?! on 24-10-15

“In Entry 26 of his compendium TiHKAL, which discussed LSD, Shulgin touched briefly on the subject of ALD-52. His writings are vague, second hand accounts, saying doses in the 50-175 µg range have resulted in various conclusions. He found that there was less visual distortion than with LSD and it seemed to produce less anxiety and tenseness and that it was somewhat less potent. Another informant claimed it was more effective in increasing blood pressure. Yet another informant could not tell them apart.

In The Hallucinogens by Hoffer and Osmond (1967), ALD-52 is listed as having a lower (approximately 1/5) intravenous toxicity (in rabbits), a lower (approximately 1/
0pxAAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==
pyretogenic effect, an equal psychological effect in humans, and double the "antiserotonin" effect as compared with LSD. “

By HofmannBlotter05-12-2015 00:16
“very LSD-like cannot differentiate it from the original IMO.”

By uncle_bud 10-12-2015 12:08
“I would describe it as less "gloomy" than acid and so would my friend. “

By skamariapastora 11-12-2015 09:15
“I too have yet to have an experience to compare to what happened with the 1A at 375 with 1P. The first I had of that was questionable sourced and started with what I thought to be 450ug - was What I'd looked for, but I spaced out so as to not risk it in case it'd been something dangerous. Turned out to be a solid mimic.”

By GygorGresi 21-12-2015 10:22
“Feels almost identical to LSD to me. “

“Usually I need about 2 to 3 tabs of 1p lsd to get what I got out of 1 tab of Ald-52. “

This is the one about potency ^

By StMorningGlory 02-02-2016 01:32
“The only differences I'm feeling and getting reports from my friends is that 1P-LSD takes longer to come on and is more dependent on what else you've taken”

From my experience 1p is less potent than ald. I have to take 1.5 to 2 tabs of 1p for a similar potency.
Also for me 1p is weaker when taken on an empty stomach.
So ended up selling the 1p and buying more ald.

From my experience 1p is less potent than ald. I have to take 1.5 to 2 tabs of 1p for a similar potency.
Also for me 1p is weaker when taken on an empty stomach.
So ended up selling the 1p and buying more ald.

Probably don't wanna advertise that you were selling.... ;)

are your strong ALD-52's on printed paper or just WoW?

mine are WoW but subjectively less potent than my third order of 1p's but equal to my first order which looks less gray than the new ones (from the same vendor).

While interpreting the appearance - I actually see color change across the surface as if a brush or squeegee had been used unevenly leaving some heavier and lighter areas.

so I think there is substantial variance in manufacturing & quality control WRT standardized doping of the paper;
you take your chances in the web markets same as it has always been in street markets.

this makes it hard to plan dosing accurately, and nearly pointless to compare the compounds which are already somewhat more alike in character than they are to members of other families of psychedelics.

LSD would be the obvious thing to compare this to, and the responses seem far from consistent. Maybe we ought to give up on trying to compare as a community because the errors created by false advertisement of potency (of LSD) could be so statistically significant that we could never reach a consensus. Maybe this is so qualitatively as well as quantitatively, but the reasons for the former could be due to suggestivity and normal variation...

Is the alternative that we conclude the discussion and just mention "it could be the same as LSD, but it might not be"

Or should we pretend that LSD and other analogues than ALD do not exist and ask everyone to just describe ALD-52 anew?

Neither meant as an agreement or disagreement, but just a thought exercise I guess. :)