View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy AL-LAD Thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man im so itching to try this! If.i had a tripping friend then id be so happy :)

ismene.i bet u.dose alone.sometimes whats it to.expect?

Last edited by a moderator:
Once again I feel obliged to intervene because the euphoric wave we all tend to ride on after tasting the bliss of this lysergic paradise is highly dangerous to all the unexperienced people reading along.

This substance has not only once proven to be as potent as LSD when it comes to fearful ego-loss, mind-shattering effects, retraumatisation, profound anxiety, spiritual experiences and so on.

150 microgram is a serious dose for unexperienced users and bad-trips are entirely possible.

Most of us wouldn't be able to distinguish this substance from LSD in a blind test, as set and setting play a significant role in the effects of every psychedelic. I conclude that the above mentioned experiences are insufficient to describe the full picture of the possible effects of this substance.

I assume that most of the experienced users reporting here have mild to moderate tolerance to psychedlic substances. Since considerably weaker effects even four weeks after dosing are a commonly experienced phenomenon, most of the reports might consequently be biased .

Last edited:
I'm not sure tolerance is the best word for this. We're used to the psy experience and know what to expect, a first time user can't be since there's really no similar state of mind (counting aside the various meditation techniques advertised to produce similar experiences). My first time was 14 mg 2c-e and it completely blew me away.... just no way I could have prepared for that. Looking back, the same effects experienced now wouldn't be considered anything extra special, nice and visual sure, blown away? nope.

>Most of us wouldn't be able to distinguish this substance from LSD in a blind test
Talking about LSZ I would agree completely, but with AL-LAD if nothing else, the duration would give it away. The difference in duration is just too big.

> bad-trips are entirely possible.
I agree, it's less inclined to produce them (a combination of it being inclined towards positive emotions and the lack of body load) compared to some others but bad trips are far from impossible (tbh, that goes for any psy, even the ones considered most recreational).

The only thing I'm apprehensive about concerning AL-LAD is how some people have stated that it lacks the music enhancement effects of LSD/LSZ. The sonic effects are one of my favorite things about psychedelic drugs, my trips are generally also music marathons. I'm rather prone to lying on the floor, staring at the ceiling, and just feeling wrapped in bliss and every other emotion while listening to my favorite psychedelic bands. If AL-LAD doesn't have that element, I'm not sure how much of a fan I'll be.

It's probably a personal thing too... if you find most psy doing this for you it's likely AL-LAD will too...

"Think for yourself and question authority."

Why not give it a try. Shulgin actually enjoyed music on AL-LAD, as I did.

(with 150 µg) "Simply beautiful. Erotic and music absorption after second hour. Clear thinking with superb imagery and good interpretation. Easy, gentle sleeping. Next day -- serene, clear-thinking peacefulness. One of the best materials ever." (Tihkal #1)

@black53
I was talking about factual tolerance due to receptor downregulation. I agree with your point regarding personal progress in terms of adaptation to psychedelic states.

It's probably a personal thing too... if you find most psy doing this for you it's likely AL-LAD will too...

I kind of figured as much, I'm just hoping it will be to a similar degree as LSD. If it isn't, then I really have little motivation to take AL-LAD instead. But we'll see, I'll be trying it soon enough and I'll report back when I do.

I dunno, I think LSD has the edge music wise over AL-LAD. I think it's pretty noticeable. Not sure why that should be.

But that's not knocking LAD, it's got it's own beautiful points too.

Once again I feel obliged to intervene because the euphoric wave we all tend to ride on after tasting the bliss of this lysergic paradise is highly dangerous to all the unexperienced people reading along.

I get where you're coming from spiritual but we have to credit people with at least some intelligence. If they arn't capable of using AL-LAD safely then they probably shouldn't be allowed out without their mother.

You start low, and if you enjoy it, increase the dose slowly. That's about all you need to know.

Last edited by a moderator:
@SpiritualHealing
I know you were talking about tolerance due to receptor down regulation (and other adaptations). It's just that in my opinion experiencing psychedelic states and them becoming more common is a bigger factor in 150ug having the possibility of being a profound experience if taken as your first psychedelic. I don't believe there is much research that would confirm either of our theories, so it comes down to personal opinion.

@theacidtest
The only real way to know is to try.

Good to know. So it seems it's not a linear dose curve. Have we figured out a saturation point for AL-LAD, like how LSD seems to saturate somewhere around 1500ug?

I'm also curious about doses smaller than 150ug. I find small LSD doses to be very interesting.

I've had 1500ug AL-LAD (not all at once, 300ug first, rest a few h later), it was more intense as 450ug but not as much as the dose increase would suggest. Imo going above 450ug is not worth it for the vast majority of occasions.

Also had 75ug.... improved mood, everything was funny, more chatty, no noticeable sensory effects

Last edited:
I've had 1500ug AL-LAD (not all at once, 300ug first, rest a few h later), it was more intense as 450ug but not as much as the dose increase would suggest. Imo going above 450ug is not worth it for the vast majority of occasions.

My tripping buddy and I have noticed the same thing with LSZ. He took 525ug (about two weeks after his last time taking a psych) and was generally disappointed in how it compared to 225ug. It was a noticeable increase, but not like 225 vs 525 of LSD would have been. More than anything it increased side effects (to the point of inducing vomiting). We've found that 300ug is probably our "sweet spot" with LSZ and from what I've read it sounds like AL-LAD has a similar "sweet spot" dose, beyond which you're only really increasing bodyload.

There's an important difference that huge dose of AL-LAD had the same bodyload/side effects/whatever you call it as any other aka none :)

No lysergamide does for me, however I don't remember ever taking more than 300ug of LSZ, so high doses of LSZ might give me some.

For me and AL-LAD I'd put 150ug as the sweet spot for a recreational experience (if you want to use strong psys that way), 300ug for 'you're tripping hard but can still pull yourself together if necessary' and 450ug 'for way out there enter at your own risk'. Above 450ug is for most people/occasions just a waste of money.

I really don't think that they (AL-LAD/LSD) are easy to confuse, and not just duration wise. The headspace is totally unique, visuals have a different character, HELL everything had a different character. In fact theres absolutely no reason to prefer AL-LAD over LSZ or even how some prefer it over the queen, Lucy.

I personally wasn't in the right atmosphere to get absorbed into music , to be able to compare the sonic elements of the two, BUT I did notice sounds started to "narrow" and warble about when I was walking. The rustles from my feet against leaves for example, began morphing into whispers. This is not something I tend to notice on LSD but its something I very much attribute to psilocybin. I also notice sonic effects much more commonly and profoundly on mushrooms than on LSD.

So in conclusion, I cant imagine any reason besides their legality that their is ANY benefit to AL-LAD or LSZ over LSD if they don't have new characters /headspaces in most people. I think the difference between the two (AL-LAD and LSD) is nearly as far as the difference between LSD and psilocybin or even LSD and mescaline. For someone that doesn't use these compounds often and has little interest in them I can MAYBE kind of see how they may mistaen the two. Tracers and pretty colors? Well yeah almost every psychedelic compound does that but mpost have a unique character. Just my opinion.

IMO, in terms of Anxiolytic -(I would add LSZ but I have not been deep enough with it yet)

AL-LAD>mescaline>LSD>psilocybin

I really aint tripped in this way for years, u say anxiolytic ??? guys i take.etizolam its very strange u bring up that word, maybe a day on alladdin will show.me the way

I think there might be a bit more clarity of thought on LSD than Laddy, sometimes I find it hard to think straight on Laddy, particularly when the dose is a little too high. You're just sat there experiencing it rather than being able to contemplate it like you can a little better with LSD.

I think LAD takes some experimenting with to get all the best effects from it. Dosage is very important and you need to spend some time in it's company to really get to grips with it. But seeing as it's reasonably priced and available in huge quantities you've got plenty of opportunity to spend time in it's company :D

Last edited:
This could be because of a sharper dose response curve?? I have heard /read about people really whiggin off 450-600 mics like REALLY BAD...but they claim to be fine off of Lucy at the same amount. Maybe confusion/cloudiness shows up at a lower dose than with Lucy?

Edit: In regards to AL-LAD being anxiolytic, be careful with this one folks, there seems to be some bad trips reports rolling in and at only 150ug. When your trip is good, its REAL GOOD. Remember psychedelics intensify what ever you are experiencing so perhaps that anxiolytic feeling isn based on set and setting. Perhaps AL-LAD tends to have a nicer body high in which if you are already having a good time may seem more intese

Last edited:
450-600ug is a large dose and imo it's perfectly possible to have a bad experience from the same amount of any LSD analogue with a similar potency.

Just coming down from 300ug - 2 tabs on an empty stomach.
Surprised me this time, besides all the overwhelming visuals i was sucked into the music and blown away into another world for maybe 1 hour where everything did synchronize, had some very euphoric moments.
Mentally it felt hard a times, my mind was carried away. But overall a pleasent experience.

I dont trip often, my last trip: 20mg 4-HO-MET was 2-3 months ago and had my last Al-LAD experience November 2013

10 of my friends tripped on AL-LAD recently, most people one, some two blotters. Statistics: even for inexperienced or generally anxious people 1 tab was easy to handle and fun.
Two tabs were great for people who know how to handle themselves or hard trips, but with some harder moments, and the feeling is, three would be too much for most people or festival setting.

But consensus is that experience is very positive one, very LSD-like, inspiring and awe-producing. AL-LAD is certainly less stimulating, then LSD, though.

I had LSZ this time, and would say, that difference between AL-LAD, LSD and LSZ is extremely small. I prefer AL-LAD between them, because I hardly have any visuals on LSZ/LSD.

This substance has not only once proven to be as potent as LSD when it comes to fearful ego-loss, mind-shattering effects, retraumatisation, profound anxiety, spiritual experiences and so on.

150 microgram is a serious dose for unexperienced users and bad-trips are entirely possible.

Most of us wouldn't be able to distinguish this substance from LSD in a blind test, as set and setting play a significant role in the effects of every psychedelic. I conclude that the above mentioned experiences are insufficient to describe the full picture of the possible effects of this substance.

I assume that most of the experienced users reporting here have mild to moderate tolerance to psychedlic substances. Since considerably weaker effects even four weeks after dosing are a commonly experienced phenomenon, most of the reports might consequently be biased .

Thanks for bringing this up SpiritualHealing. I agree, it's definitely possible to have a bad trip on Al-LAD, and I wouldn't want to give the false impression that this drug that is a pre-packaged good time! I would also agree that 150ug can be a serious dose, I'd recommend that anyone start at 150ug or lower on AL-LAD regardless of experience level.

I'm pretty sure I could tell Al-LAD apart from LSD in a blind test, it's a distinctly different drug. I'll probably never do that experiment though :)

Also had 75ug.... improved mood, everything was funny, more chatty, no noticeable sensory effects

Did you find 75ug to be an interesting way to use AL-LAD specifically, or was it too low of a dosage to have a distinct character (vs. other less precious PDs)?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.