View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy AL-LAD Thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the main difference between LSD and AL-LAD is LSD allows for a little clearer thinking. Obviously it depends on the dose but I think a medium size dose of LSD allows you to contemplate and think better than Al-lad. Al-lad seems to create a slightly more confused state of mind.

Thanks for bringing this up SpiritualHealing. I agree, it's definitely possible to have a bad trip on Al-LAD, and I wouldn't want to give the false impression that this drug that is a pre-packaged good time! I would also agree that 150ug can be a serious dose, I'd recommend that anyone start at 150ug or lower on AL-LAD regardless of experience level.

I'm pretty sure I could tell Al-LAD apart from LSD in a blind test, it's a distinctly different drug. I'll probably never do that experiment though :)

Did you find 75ug to be an interesting way to use AL-LAD specifically, or was it too low of a dosage to have a distinct character (vs. other less precious PDs)?
Imo no. Just like you said it's to precious. If we were sure that there is going to be a constant supply of it and if was cheap then sure. But since lots of more available cheap psys do the same thing in low doses...

So my psych history is really strange, mushrooms opened my world tried numerous 2c-x's and also mdma aswell as ketamine, mxe, amt,dmt, 5meo-dalt, lsd twice, unknown dosage, ive had blackouts from high dose shrooms before n one near seizure from 2ct-7 which i accidentally snorted 12mg :/..

i feel the blackouts are diff to my seizure episode, though same sort of feeling . Lsd amt fine aswell as dmt, shud i start at 75mics to get feel first of allad

I dont see much benefit in starting that low. It sounds like you normally dose high. I think that 150 ug botters are dosed high enough to give most people an experience where you will come out of it with a good idea of what AL-LAD is capable of. In other words its a moderate dose for most and a high dose for others. I also believe the dosage is high enough to be full blown psychedelia for most. I would say 2.75 grams of mushrooms intensity wise..maybe even three. I personally would recomend 100ug of this to be a dose strong enough to not waste it and actually get someting out of it, but not high enough to really lose your shit. It seems this stuff may cause more confusion in many people than the clear-headedness of LSD. So that may result in more dangerous behavior at high doses.

To anyone who has experienced the confusion from al-lad , would you compare it to mushroom/tryptamine confusion or is it a different character all together? I personally havnt noticed this. Just alot of visuals :) my favorite.

A friend who had 150mics the other day said he felt extremely happy and giggly but no real visuals, it was old blotter from over 1.5 year ago to. He said he did love the feeling he doesnt really know phychedelics as well as me tho :) i reallt want to take one at tomorrowland but dnt want to tske anything through customs, hope someone has some there :)

Can u compare the visuals to dmt, amt? 2cb? I have had mild visuals from low dose lsd and had blue meanies which i dried and capped which were very visual, i cant wait to try it :)

You can start low if that's what you prefer and would make you feel better. If 75ug isn't enough you can always wait a week and try 150ug.

The visuals are a bit unique, other lysergamides are probably the closest.

Had an initial trial with AL-LAD today. I dosed one tab of blotter paper which was said to have 150mcg AL-LAD. Chewed up the blotter paper over five minutes and swallowed. Overall the effects were massively underwhelming based on what I’d been reading on here and Erowid. I didn’t really trip at all. Mostly it was like a 2.5 hour stimmy bodyloady come-up that subsided into a pretty mild, clearheaded mood lift for another three hours. The main effects I noted were stimulation, appetite suppression, and mood lift. Virtually no altered perception at all. I went to a post-impressionist/cubist art exhibit at a museum on the dose, which was great, but the drug did not really enhance it much at all beyond a basic mood lift and made me a bit more talkative than I normally would have been. I laughed here and there, but no true psychedelic giggling fits or deep profound laughter. Honestly the drug itself was massively disappointing, nothing like LSD to me, except during the come-on portion in which it just felt like a barely-threshold dose of LSD, which I really dislike because I seem to get all the bodyload and none of the cognitive fun.

From T+0-T+3hr I was coming up. The come-on took about three hours of uncomfortable body stimulation that would occasionally pass over into nice waves of a pleasant body high, but nothing euphoric. At T+1hr I had mild visuals in textured surfaces… breathing, waving, the kind of thing you get from threshold doses of LSD, with some other minor shifts in perception, but these subsided completely at the T+3hr mark. Following the uncomfortable first three hours, I was mildly high for about another three hours. Thought trains were quite clearheaded, no mystic or otherworldly thought patterns, no increased introspection, absolutely no problem looking or even feeling sober in public. Visuals subsided completely once I started “peaking”—absolutely nothing, no synesthesia, no auditory hallucinations, barely any color enhancement even, honestly no altered perception at all. The main effects during this portion were appetite suppression and a good mood lift, nice easy conversation, talkative, a slight pressure headache, etc. No psychedelic insights to speak of, no visuals, nothing. Quite underwhelming and not worth the 2-3 hour come-up. Very little psychedelic activity. I would only take this in higher doses, 150mcg was threshold at best.

Tolerance was not a factor in this either, as I space my trips out with 2-3 months in between. I had not ingested any psychedelic materials in over two months prior to the experience.

Maybe the blotters are layed uneven or perhaps you have a high natural tolerance.

Could very well be uneven blotter application. Naturally high tolerance, I dunno, could be but e.g. 250 mics of LSD will reliably get the job done and then some for me. Of course idiosyncratic response to this particular drug may be different. Another consideration is storage, as I've had these stored at room temperature for about two months, airtight and away from sunlight of course. That usually preserves potency fine for the materials I've handled in the past, but I have read that AL-LAD is particularly unstable in this regard.

My one AL-LAD experience seems similar to yours transitionsynth. For the first 3 hours it felt like if someone had secretly dosed me I wouldn't even know I was on something, it was that smooth and transparent. But by 3 hours there was no denying it. I can see how someone with a higher natural tolerance, or just accustomed to a heavier trip could say it was nothing. I tend to be really light weight, and enjoy the subtleties of mild trips. I felt as though AL-LAD is "acid lite", in a good way.

So it might be that this blotter isn't laid even, or maybe people who've done a lot of acid are really used to the headspace and it doesn't feel like it's very strong, or maybe it's idiosyncratic. Or something else. Hard to know at this point.

Even with acid I sometimes can't tell what's different about it vs. being sober, even on a couple of tabs. Lysergemides seem to have a funny quality where everything seems totally different, but it's hard to put my finger on exactly how, because everything's exactly, perfectly normal. Not sure how common that is for others.

I don't think it's unevenly laid - 150 is a threshold dose and for experienced people won't be anything to write home about. Try 225 or 250. Don't go to 300 straightaway as you will probably be overwhelmed.

Yeah agree, it's probably not unevenly laid. Everything else about the vendor speaks complete professionalism.

Even though 150ug was light for me, I found AL-LAD to be a lot to write home about, and I don't feel any need to dose higher. I enjoy it's lightness, it's like the cleanest of acids. I'm sure I'll try 225-300 eventually tho.

I think that the AL-LAD/LSZ blotters are one of the most accurately dosed around in the business, but given a large enough batch you are bound to find a few outliers.

Overall it was certainly a positive experience, just not even remotely psychedelic for me. Really nice afterglow at T+8 onward. At T+15 hours I passed out like a rock and slept straight for about 10 hours, best sleep I've gotten in weeks. Woke up feeling refreshed and wonderful.

Perpetual Dawn, Im wondering if youre talking about this common phenomena when tripping on LSD, example; you end up out of your head sitting their with your buds saying out loud "Im not tripping that hard" giggling your head off, til youre falling over. YOu cant help but say that over and over. Then you say "holy shit , im fucking out of my mind" and then its back to "No , im not tripping that hard". It seems no matter how much I take I end up in this state of mind for a little while. LOL

There are TONS of reports of people , experienced people that found 150ug overwhelming. I find that around 100ug is a good but not mind blowing experience. I do need more trips under my belt before I conclude. Honestly , I find that lysergamides are tolerated much more randomly than say, mushrooms. For example, some friends and I got a hold of some L...aboiut 12 of us took tabs from it and just hang out. A good half of us where underwhelmed while the other half found it extremely satisfying. This seems to happen with EVERY batch of Lucy that gets around. I hear some say its weak, others say its strong. Now give anyone 3 grams of mushrooms and I guarantee everyone will find that intense , well most.

I think its not so much a natural mental tolerence but more so a stomach enzyme thing or something like that. 150 ug is a very tiny amount. Perhaps some people take loger to process it or accidentally discard some of the chemical or something to that effect.

Also I have heard many times that chlorine destroys LSD , maybe the same happens to AL? So if you have tap water in your stomach or chase your tab with tea from the tap, etc you may detroy at least some of the active chemical. Its possible that there are numerous ways that some of the chemical may be detroyed on its way to your bloodstream. I recommend not chewing but swallowung tabs immediatly.

Interesting points, al-laddin. I usually drink a lot of water with my drugs to stay hydrated, but I do use a Brita filter...who knows how effective it is at actually getting the chlorine out, though.

Re: the variability of subjective strength metrics on batches of L. I've had a really similar experience with batches of L, although I do have to say that with the strongest of the strong batches I've gotten, everyone is always in agreement that it's dank.

I do think metabolic idiosyncracies will have a big effect. I'm still not sure what to think about dosing relative to bodyweight with psychs either. I weigh a good deal more than the average psych user at about 108kg, at about 8% bodyfat. I don't know if that has any real effect, but I have noticed it's been more and more difficult to trip hard the more fit I get.

Also, I prefer heavy trips and usually don't count things as being psychedelic until I'm at the verge of losing my shit. Perhaps I was looking for too much.

I might give Al-lad a go with moclobemide at the weekend. While I love the Ladd, I find it does lack a bit regarding music appreciation and your thoughts being too confused. I'm hoping moclo will tweak how it acts in the brain to enhance these effects. I will report back if I get round to it.

Perpetual Dawn, Im wondering if youre talking about this common phenomena when tripping on LSD, example; you end up out of your head sitting their with your buds saying out loud "Im not tripping that hard" giggling your head off, til youre falling over. YOu cant help but say that over and over. Then you say "holy shit , im fucking out of my mind" and then its back to "No , im not tripping that hard". It seems no matter how much I take I end up in this state of mind for a little while. LOL
Yes, that's basically the phenomenon I'm talking about haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.