View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy AL-LAD Thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
ETH-LAD is an N-alkyl derivative of LSD and would be demonstrably illegal. There is some minor ambiguity (what is a derivative? which N?) which would mean that a court case would be required and this would obviously cost the crown. It is easier for them to simply ban it by name. They do touch on this issue in their recent report and in fact Iversen gives a good interpretation of the word derivative in one of his books. According to this definition ETH-LAD would be legal so there is more motivation there.

The legality was, as I understand, exactly why ETH-LAD was never made.

Another lysergamide that would probably be good is the morpholide, LSM. It would be currently legal in the UK.
Abstract
The pharmacological effects of d-lysergic acid morpholide (LSM) are similar to those of LSD. . The dose of LSM required to raise body temperature in the rabbit is three times as great as that of LSD and the effect is of shorter duration. . On the isolated rat uterus LSM is approximately 1/12 as effective as LSD in antagonizing 5- hydroxytryptamine. . The behavioral effects of LSM in animals are similar to those of LSD but the doses required are approximately 1/3 greater and the effects are of shorter duration. . In human beings (2 volunteers) the effects of LSM were qualitatively similar to those of LSD but the dose required was at least 1/3 larger and the duration of action was shorter. https://www.erowid.org/references/refs_view.php?ID=1563

Here's a LSM-775 report from another board (can't post the link because they allow source discussion):
I came by some liquid LSM-775 recently and had a little run on it last night after an allergy test last week.
I went in at 1.5mg because I’d built up a psych tolerance lately (I wouldn’t recommend this as a first dose without prior tolerance) and my findings are thus:

If you’re expecting a mind-blower then this chemical may not be for you, but if you’re looking for a nice, quiet, dreamy-like affair then you might be interested in it. Its potency wasn’t high, nor were visuals anything to write home about, but there were visuals and even one or two that interested me as I’d never seen anything like them before; there were water droplets on the bathroom window and they looked like little shiny diamonds, and anything on the PC monitor looked fuzzy and pastilly and I was quite into looking at a picture of a dandelion on my desktop for a good while. Other visuals were noticeable but nowhere near the league of nbomes, for example. For me, during this trip, they were entertaining and smooth but not a major shift in colour/texture awareness. For someone who isn't that bothered about visuals there were still a couple of treats there for me.

What I did get most of was a really nice body buzz for a good 6-8hrs and I was teetering on the edge of a really mellow confusion that was rather enjoyable. Normally I don't like confusion but I liked this enough to want to experience it again.
I found very little to no body-load (maybe because I'm ever more convinced most of it is placebo anyway) and saw no blood pressure issues and I did get amplified physical sensations, although everything was sort of soft and fuzzy at the same time. It’s hard to explain or relate it to other psychs as I’ve never felt that way before.

On the comeup 45mins after dropping, the first thing I remember thinking was that this is acid. It was all so familiar but unlike acid I found that 2hrs had gone by and I hadn’t even realised I was that tripping.
I got up to go for a piss and then realised that I felt like I was floating there and back and it hit me that I was feeling very dreamy. I felt a nice even come up, slight nausea, but I wasn't grabbed by the balls like I was with 25b.
It took its time to gradually unfold over 3hrs and during that time I really cannot say what I was doing. I think I was slightly dissociated for a period of time and I do seem to remember times when I completely lost track of what I was doing.
It was all very gentle and for the most part I had a hard time working out how spannered I was. Usually that’s a sign I’m spannered!
I seem to remember becoming dizzy at one point, light-headed, and my heart skipped a beat once, but I suspect that was down to lack of blood sugar rather than the chem as I hadn't eaten beforehand.

Unlike with nbomes, and even though I know I was hungry, I didn’t want to eat so I’ve noticed an amphetamine-like effect with this LSM.
I had some bakewell tarts and milk after a few hours and although it wasn’t the nicest thing I’d eaten in months it was pretty tasty, but I didn’t want to eat anything else. I had a latte about 4hrs in and that ended up being like dropping a powdery bomb as I really noticed the effects of the caffeine, but unlike when I drink coffee on nbomes it didn’t seem to have any pressurising effect on my chest.

Hmm, yeah I think on reflection I found LSM to be fairly stimulant-like, ah yeah that probably explains why I was still awake at 6am this morning!

This morning I’m still trying to work out where I’m at and what to do next. Writing this report is tricky as I seem to be missing an awareness of whether I'm repeating myself or speaking linear!!

Personally I think if it was a bit stronger it would be an excellent chemical to do with friends at home, or maybe outside on a sunnny day, but as it is today I feel it’s a good recreational / personal-trip chemical and/or for those who wanna take it easy and unwind, but I wouldn’t choose it if I wanted to party or get inside my own head as it lacks the rawness required; none of these effects were like OH WOW.. but they were all there and quite enjoyable.
In other words if you took it (enough of it) for a proper blast I think you’ll be underwhelmed as it is very much like weak acid. If you want a smooth ride with happy, warm buzzy feelings with some light visuals and changes in perception then it may be for you.

The day after? Well, I feel very much like I took acid last night! I’m still a bit jaded and I don’t have the same mental/emotional brightness that I’ve seen each time after nbomes. I still feel a bit under par but nothing major like you’d see after a night on pills; going to work would be a drag today, but it could be done after a coffee and sarnie if I had to. I don’t particularly feel enlightened, I don’t particularly feel depressed, I just feel sort of even.

My personal synopsis is that I enjoyed it for what it was and overall I found it a clean chemical, but I wouldn’t be quick to compare it to nbome for trip potency as I do think it’s a different class of psych with its own subtleties; as with opioids I think LSM could take time & experience to notice all its effects and some may need to be appreciated before they’re.. err.. appreciated. It could also be that the chemical-batch I received was unstable in liquid form so if potency and stability were improved I’d probably be a regular partner to it. I’m going to use it again at some point if what I have left remains as it is.

Oh, that's a shame, it looked promising. I guess there's a very short list of usable lysergamides.

You think so? I haven't studied them very thoroughly, but it seems to me like there's a vast number of possible lysergamides, and that we've barely scratched the surface on them. But maybe most of these are no good for one reason or another.

I used to know a clandestine LSD chemist (synthesized everything else too) and he would occasionally synth AL-LAD and ALD-52 from LSD, so I know it's out there. Also, wondering if anybody knows whether or not AL-LAD releases dopamine in the second half of the trip like LSD does? Never liked LSD too much because of that.

Ive been trying to ask the same thing! It seems as though it doesnt....just by the way it feels...seubectively. But this could be becuase of the shorter duration...that one just simply doesnt experience the dopamine release as long as he would on lsd

Ive been trying to ask the same thing! It seems as though it doesnt....just by the way it feels...seubectively. But this could be becuase of the shorter duration...that one just simply doesnt experience the dopamine release as long as he would on lsd

I've read that the "dopamine phase" may be highly dependent upon individual brain chemistry, for some it may be extreme and for some maybe even non-existent. Personally, I've never noticed a distinctive second phase during LSD. Instead, after the peak it seems as if the effects are simply less overwhelming and more manageable.

what is the highest dose of AL LAD anyone here has taken?

There was a guy on here posting a 1mg report, although he did not take all the blotters at once, if I remember correctly.

I've done 600ug four times. Physically, I was fine - no difference from 300ug or 450ug. Mentally, it wasn't too bad either, although I was happy to always have company with me to talk to when it got too weird.

The trouble I have with AL-LAD is that, unlike LSD, where 600ug or thereabouts was always an experience that I could draw inspiration from for several months afterwards, the AL-LAD psychedelic mindstate does not shock (positively) my psyche so impactfully. It's a hell of a trip, to be sure, but I never had a feeling like "this is what I needed in my life right now" after an AL-LAD trip.

I've always wondered if AL-LAD could provide what researchers refer to as a peak experience, especially to someone for whom it was an introduction to psychedelics. I know that even the classics, like LSD and psilocybin, do not always get you there, obviously. There does seem to be a semi-reliable way of inducing such an experience with a solid dose and the right setting, though - or at least so would the John Hopkins team doing psilocybin studies have you believe.

to put it simply it seems as though the spiritual component to al-lad is dampened or missing. It just doesnt cause people to have life changing experiences in the same way as psilocybin or LSD. This seems to have its pros and cons. If you are look for "medicine" then AL-LAD is probably going to let you down. If you are looking for a trippy headspace with some far out visual effects then have at it. The more "medicinal" psychedelcis seem to be more capable of inducing negative experiences while the recreational ones are a bit more gentle and are more of a gaureenteed good time, or neutral at worst. It seems as though AL-LAD pretty much defines "recreational". Although I have read a few trip reports where people have been overwhelmed.

I feel obliged to contradict the position that AL-LAD is primarily a recreational and less worthwile compound than LSD or Psilocybin. I know of an experienced group of therapists that highly value the introspective effects of AL-LAD for personal and spiritual progress. Its main advantages are the comparatively short time of action and the less pronounced dopamine "madness" which is induced in the second Phase of the LSD experience.

Last edited:
I feel obligated to contradict the Position that AL-LAD is primarily a recreational and less worthwile compound compared to LSD or Psilocybin. I know of an experienced Group of therapists that highly value the effects of AL-LAD for introspection and healing purposes. It's main Advantages are the short time of Action and the less pronounced dopamine madness which is induced in the second Phase of the LSD experience.

Can someone shed some light on what exactly dopaminergic drugs do, subjectively speaking? Also, how it compares to prescribed dopamine agonists for say, parkinsons.

To clarify, I never meant to imply that AL-LAD is a recreational-only, or shallow compound. It's not some happy-go-lucky, party-friendly psychedelic by any means. It has provided me with valuable insight into my thought process and on a couple of occasions, when I allowed the state to develop fully by placing myself in a setting where it was only my mind and the drug, it really took me places.

Still, I never had what I'd refer to as a mystical experience on AL-LAD, despite pushing the dosage and getting the setting right. In this sense, and this sense only, it has proven to be a little disappointing.

what is the highest dose of AL LAD anyone here has taken?

450ug at once

and 1.5 mg staggered (2 blotters and 8 more about... idk 1.5-2 h later, don't remember anymore since it was almost a year ago)

The 1.5 mg trip was stronger than the 450ug one, but the increase wasn't linear with dose. Duration was also longer than the usual 6-8h for AL-LAD... again I don't remember exactly, but I think I was still tripping slightly after 12h (started around 1900-2000, still had light visuals at 8 in the morning). Idk how long it would have taken to end, since I knocked myself out with benzos at that point. Physically there were no notable side effects. Would I do it again? If I had an unlimited supply of AL-LAD (or money) sure, but since I don't, probably not.

Regarding the mental component... I'd say it's still there.. it's a bit different than LSD (generally more positive and easier to push aside if you want to)... but this may differ from person to person and trip to trip.. psychedelics being unpredictable and all that.

I'd just like to report that I found AL-LAD to have a taste. Placing the blotter on the tip of my tongue it definitely had a sour taste, and a little bit metallic, exactly how I've noticed LSD to taste in the past. I know there are a lot of skeptics saying you can't taste these chemicals, but there you have it, I'm not making it up. I do think it's possible that it's something else on the blotter, like the ink, the paper, or some other molecule that is laid in conjunction with the drug to help stabilize it. But I suspect it's actually the AL-LAD. If it was the ink, I would expect these plain AL-LAD blotters not to have much taste, since there's not much printed on them.

The blotter I took is the same plain white with AL-LAD printed on it that most everyone is getting right now.

The taste always seems to dissipate fairly quickly, within a few minutes.

PS: I would agree that AL-LAD doesn't seem to lend it self to the profound self-realizations and mystical experiences side of things as much as LSD does. I don't see that as a point against it (or for it), just a different purpose. It's kind of nice to have a trip without feeling like I have to rearrange my life, or completely change my worldview again. It's just plain old goodness.

Last edited:
Al-lad is pure lysergic sunshine. A playful little imp in a waterfall beneath a forgotten rainbow in lysergic land. Get him while you can because I presume he will be gone forever in a short while. At least in the UK.

Even if (when) it becomes illegal in the UK, I doubt it'll be the last time we see it. The demand is just too high :) Now LSZ might well disappear once the current batch is gone, because it's harder to make than LSD and not all that popular.

Status
Not open for further replies.