View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy AL-LAD Thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not too sure, apparantly it's a legal lab making it, and even they are struggling so whether an illegal place could manage it who knows. I think most illegal places would simply make acid.

I feel obliged to contradict the position that AL-LAD is primarily a recreational and less worthwile compound than LSD or Psilocybin. I know of an experienced group of therapists that highly value the introspective effects of AL-LAD for personal and spiritual progress. Its main advantages are the comparatively short time of action and the less pronounced dopamine "madness" which is induced in the second Phase of the LSD experience.

the lack of later stage madness is its greater advantage

Not too sure, apparantly it's a legal lab making it, and even they are struggling so whether an illegal place could manage it who knows. I think most illegal places would simply make acid.

I'd love to continue this discussion, but we'd get too close to source talk :/

I'd just like to report that I found AL-LAD to have a taste. Placing the blotter on the tip of my tongue it definitely had a sour taste, and a little bit metallic, exactly how I've noticed LSD to taste in the past. I know there are a lot of skeptics saying you can't taste these chemicals, but there you have it, I'm not making it up. I do think it's possible that it's something else on the blotter, like the ink, the paper, or some other molecule that is laid in conjunction with the drug to help stabilize it. But I suspect it's actually the AL-LAD. If it was the ink, I would expect these plain AL-LAD blotters not to have much taste, since there's not much printed on them.

The blotter I took is the same plain white with AL-LAD printed on it that most everyone is getting right now.

The taste always seems to dissipate fairly quickly, within a few minutes.

PS: I would agree that AL-LAD doesn't seem to lend it self to the profound self-realizations and mystical experiences side of things as much as LSD does. I don't see that as a point against it (or for it), just a different purpose. It's kind of nice to have a trip without feeling like I have to rearrange my life, or completely change my worldview again. It's just plain old goodness.

Shulgin diciusses in Phikal that LSD does indeed have a taste. Also Ive had plain WoW for years and its always had that unmistakable Lysergic taste...sloightly bitter/metallic. Never overwhelming like Nboms or doX.. I think the reason people often report LSD to not have a taste is because the taste is negligable, honestly. You really have to suck on the tabs to taste something and actually look for it and pay attention.

Two things: I really don't have to suck on the tabs to taste the sour - it's quite plain as day from the moment it's moistened by my tongue. It's hard to imagine that it wouldn't be that obvious for everyone, so Im not sure if its a taste sensitivity or if people just don't pay attention to the taste.

Other thing: what the heck is WoW anyways? Been seeing this for a while and feel out of the loop on that one.

Two things: I really don't have to suck on the tabs to taste the sour - it's quite plain as day from the moment it's moistened by my tongue. It's hard to imagine that it wouldn't be that obvious for everyone, so Im not sure if its a taste sensitivity or if people just don't pay attention to the taste.

Other thing: what the heck is WoW anyways? Been seeing this for a while and feel out of the loop on that one.

WoW White Fluff on White Blotters aka White on White , well without fail whenever I take L with a group of people and the discussion of taste comes up Im the only one that tastes it. Further do a search on taste and LSD and see how many people are STILL under the false pretense that LSD is tasteless. Its astonishing that no one seems to taste it on th eblotters...its a rare occasion that I dont notice a taste when I drop L

White fluff is a "brand" of LSD that is at the top shelf. I believe needlepoint is the only higher purity that can be achieved

WoW White Fluff on White Blotters aka White on White , well without fail whenever I take L with a group of people and the discussion of taste comes up Im the only one that tastes it. Further do a search on taste and LSD and see how many people are STILL under the false pretense that LSD is tasteless. Its astonishing that no one seems to taste it on th eblotters...its a rare occasion that I dont notice a taste when I drop L

more accurately it's tasteless compared to other stuff that may be put on blotters :)

i agree with the above, thats why ive been trying to make clear that the taste is negligible

I've never tasted it, but it does give my tongue this electric energy sometimes. That's about as much taste as I get, in reference to LSD.

Please ensure this stays about the taste of AL-LAD if taste is to be discussed :)

Transorm, we are using LSD as refference , assuming these lysergamides will have a similar taste to them, because fewer people have had the chance to taste AL-LAD. It is in my experience that LSD, LSZ and AL-LAD all have a slightly bitter and almost neglibale taste, which I find to be indistinguishable from each other. One could definitely describe it as "electric" or like touching your tongue to a battery. But nothing in like the taste of nbomes or other potent phenethylamines

Yeah I'd also describe it as slightly electric/metallic, like licking a battery. But my impression is definitely of sourness rather than bitter. I wonder if this is a difference in interpretation, or in experience? There's no way to know really is there?

Back to stricter AL-LAD talk: My recent, and first time experience with this (150ug) seems to match with the general stereotype of this substance. I'd describe it as a very transparent, light, bright, and clean trip. It's like a fresh mist in a tropical forest, a sunshine breeze on a spring day, a bubbly creek in a mossy vale. Barely any physical discomfort, just playful, bright, giddy, soft. Much slower to come up than LSD, a nice steady plateau, and an easy drop off at the end. It's a perfect at being what it is. Not the sort of drug to go find god on, or re-align your purpose in life. This one is just plain good life. Nice to have a trip without having to go through profound realizations for the millionth time.

I think I've read this before, but it's just like how I always wanted the legendary Orange Sunshine acid to be.

I noticed a lot of visual tracers, geometry and patterning, and very little colour saturation. Music was good, but like others have said, not as extremely enhanced as with some other substances. A bit difficult to focus mentally on a task, slightly scatterbrained, but not impossible. Less manic than LSD. Physical without being stimulating, certainly not sedentary like mushrooms and some other tryptamines can be. Hard to tell if it is very sexual or not, setting was not conducive to such pursuits. I suspect it could be, but certainly wasn't overwhelmingly so.

I think this would be the perfect drug for daytime adventures with a small group of friends. Walks in the woods, bicycle rides, swims in the ocean, that kind of thing. Probably fantastic for festivals too.

I'm curious what higher doses would be like, but I also feel no need to push it higher. I'd be content to dose at 150ug many more times. It's not strong AT ALL at 150ug (IMO), but that's a good thing. This was a light hearted, light natured drug. Something I'd want to share with delicate forest nymphs for skinny dips in mountain ponds.

Higher doses get overwhelming very quickly. I tried 300mics after trying 150 - it's WAY more than twice as strong. I was sat there barely able to think straight and see across the room with the visuals.I didn't know if I was on this earth or fullers. I stick to one and a quarter or maybe one and a half blotters at most.

Higher doses get overwhelming very quickly. I tried 300mics after trying 150 - it's WAY more than twice as strong. I was sat there barely able to think straight and see across the room with the visuals.I didn't know if I was on this earth or fullers. I stick to one and a quarter or maybe one and a half blotters at most.

Good to know. So it seems it's not a linear dose curve. Have we figured out a saturation point for AL-LAD, like how LSD seems to saturate somewhere around 1500ug?

I'm also curious about doses smaller than 150ug. I find small LSD doses to be very interesting.

Interesting post about it's effects tho Transform - that's pretty much the same as I've got from AL-LAD. It's good with music but it's not spectacular like mushrooms or LSD. It seems to be the cheerful, sweet imp who'se only concern is filling you up with good cheer.

Good to know. So it seems it's not a linear dose curve. Have we figured out a saturation point for AL-LAD, like how LSD seems to saturate somewhere around 1500ug?

I'm also curious about doses smaller than 150ug. I find small LSD doses to be very interesting.

No idea about the saturation point - I can't see me taking big doses of Laddy as it gets confusing pretty quickly. Some people have mentioned being fine on 450 but that would leave me totally confused and running naked save for one sock down the middle of the highway.

Low dose needs to VERY low - talking about one-eigth of a blotter. Certainly taking half or even a quarter of a blotter is really noticeable. It is nice tho - gives you a pleasant mood lift and energy.

Last edited:
Perpetua Dawn, you have a way with words. Great description. Is it me or does Al seem to have almost an anxiogenic component to it at "normal" doses , like one tab. Alsmost as if you couldn't have a bad time at one tab. Also, do you think because of this there may be potential for long lasting positive mood loft much in th esame way as the recent psilocybin study at Johns Hopkins? Just a thought, I mean I know that this could be way off because that semi permanent mood lift associated with psilocybin seems to be related with the spiritual component rather than one of a more superficial "mood lift".

It would be quite interesting to find if AL-LAD may have a place in odern medicine , in regards to mental health. I mean I know that with LSD there is more potential than with psilocybin to have a negative long lasting impact on mental health (psychosis) and I think this may be strictly related to dopaminergic action. Ive had many bad trips on mushrooms but they don't seem to have nearly as much of an impact on mental health as LSD bad trips do, IME.

^ al-laddin, you mean anxiolytic, easy to confuse the two words, anxiogenic means causing anxiety, that's good to hear though.

I understand AL-LAD to be a shorter duration than LSD but what would people say are the other main differences? Is it similarly sonically pleasing and how does the mindset and visual effect differ? What other differences would anyone care to note?

Many differences would be based on subjective experiences but what would be the advantages and disadvantages of choosing an AL-LAD experience over LSD?

I agree about one tab having anxiolytic properties. I took one tab tonight and it killed my anxiety. Didn't have a care in the world.

I felt pretty underwhelmed at 150ug tbh. Had some good CEVs though and a cracking body high.

Can't wait to try again with a higher dose.

^ al-laddin, you mean anxiolytic, easy to confuse the two words, anxiogenic means causing anxiety, that's good to hear though.

Yes you are correct ....I did mean that...

I guess most people feel like its not that sonically pleasing...I havnt noticed...music did sound cool but I guess in comparison to lucy I didnt notice much differencs. The visuals DO have a different unique character to them...somehow they were larger , the colors were different somewhat...like focused on purples blues and hot pink...it was interesting..and the content changed less for me....like one visual would last longer before changing to something else. But its so weird how it feels like "a different kind of acid"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.