View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy AL-LAD Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you or your friend mind if I paste that in here? Seems a slightly ambiguous & unusual result, not that I am experienced at reading the results or with reagent testing itself... Do PM me or post if you want the pic removed...

My own tests turned a reddy/brown colour after about half an hour, a darker colour than in this case. Perhaps the most immediate reaction is the important one & after a little time other factors or contaminents affect the reaction. I don't know, I too am new to reagent testing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Of course it's okay to paste it in the thread. This was obtained with a quarter of one blotter. How much did you use for the picture you posted earlier, and after how long was it taken?
I don't think my friend waited half an hour, I will ask him and report back.

Only the instant result is important. Light, heat, moisture etc will all cause the result to change over time.

Excellent! Thanks Trans, I've been awaiting that comment! Great news, my test WAS worth doing.

Of course it's okay to paste it in the thread. This was obtained with a quarter of one blotter. How much did you use for the picture you posted earlier, and after how long was it taken?
I don't think my friend waited half an hour, I will ask him and report back.

Popping the little ball in starts the reaction so I'd say the sooner you record the results, the better, provided the reaction has commenced.

I used a smaller piece of blotter than your friend did, perhaps only a 10th of the blotter... & my photo was taken within no more than 2 minutes, perhaps 90 seconds...

OK, we didn't know the little ball was part of the reaction. Frankly the instruction manual SUCKED. We thought it was just to help mixing. Here's what he just told me he did:

"I put one eigth of the blotter in the vial, waited 5 minutes, then put another eigth along with the ball which I had just found in the lid (I thought great, that will help mixing!). The picture was taken about 4 minutes thereafter."

So obviously he didn't do it properly, right?

I don't think he did, no... But I am far from an expert in this department. I just thought that continued exposure to air & it's particulates would affect the result as time went on, whereas, if you add the blott then the ball immediately & record the results, there's much less ambiguity.

For the purposes of reference, here's my blotter, the one I used. You can see how small a piece I cut out...

Trans & mods, please feel free to resize the pics if possible & if need be, even the ones at the top of this page indicating the two results, I havent got a clue & to be frank, I hate computers Lol

TqdCvSx.png

Will anyone who has experimented with AL-LAD please let me know if this has effects on sexuality/arousal?

My first trip my cock shriveled up like a motherfuck, we'll see how subsequent experiments go.

Also for what its worth.. I loved it, but I needed more water. Got really hot during the peak/comedown. The note that there is "less" or "little" mindfuck that I've read from others wasn't true for me, I was speechless during the peak.. Then again this was my first dose of any psychedelic in over 12 months. I have one 300ug experience so far, I loved it, very similar to lucy just less long lived. If it wasn't so expensive from the US guy I'd probably get a lifetime supply.. Its a substance I'll be extremely careful sharing as the experience was deep, deeper than say a casual dose of mushrooms for me mentally. I'll never trip the day before work again though, made me realize the futility of working a shit job for rent money..

Last edited:
My first trip my cock shriveled up like a motherfuck, we'll see how subsequent experiments go.

Fingers crossed.

I think these "losing potency" arguments might come into play after about 10 years or so. Until then and probably many decades beyond then, any "loss in potency" will be completely undetectable by the human brain.

I think these "losing potency" arguments might come into play after about 10 years or so. Until then and probably many decades beyond then, any "loss in potency" will be completely undetectable by the human brain.

Shulgin reported a clear drop in potency in SOLUTION for the closely related ETH-LAD win a few monhs (source: TIHKAL).

It's not really relevant to the topic, but I think it's very reasonable of the vendors to state the identity of the compound in the blotter paper. This is very professional, unlike those douchebag vendors who sell NBOMe drugs on classic LSD blotter art.

Shulgin reported a clear drop in potency in SOLUTION for the closely related ETH-LAD win a few monhs (source: TIHKAL).

Yep but we're gonna have to wait and see whether that's relevant or not.

Compound is said to be more stable in powder than in solution. Where would that leave blotters? Time will tell , maybe. Who is going to be able to keep theirs that long to know?

Reason: fixed the image link because I like you. Please don't link to source discussion sites in future.

whoops, shit, thanks, sorry!

It's not really relevant to the topic, but I think it's very reasonable of the vendors to state the identity of the compound in the blotter paper. This is very professional, unlike those douchebag vendors who sell NBOMe drugs on classic LSD blotter art.

I'm with you, missrepresentation is a major concern in the RC & drugs scene. It's very pleasing to see tabs & "pellets" clearly printed or stamped & that such professionalism exists in a grey market governed primarily by supply/demand.

Compound is said to be more stable in powder than in solution. Where would that leave blotters? Time will tell , maybe. Who is going to be able to keep theirs that long to know?

It's gonna be hard to tell by anecdote alone because you're just going to get endless druggies saying "Yep, I think it lost 0.02 of a microgram from my last trip".

It's going to have to be one hell of a sudden and massive potency drop - like one week the blotter works and the next it has no effect - to get any real idea of whether it's happening or not.

So I sampled about 5/8ths of one of the blotters posted above last night. Great stuff, feeling rather clear headed now after some sleep about 14 hours after dosing. I really enjoyed this. Held it in my mouth for 5 mins (no taste) and then swallowed. Very similar to LSD but somewhat of a more calming role to it. I can see the come up time being a problem here and people redosing after 90 mins or so. I was having my doubts at the 2 hour mark, so I broke into some mxe. As I organized that I could feel the al lad kick up a notch and really start. Closest to lsd I have tried, the nbomes have nothing on this. I dropped at 8pm, first alerts within 45 mins, actual start time 10-10:30pm (plus 50 mgs mxe), easy sleep with hash and .5-1mg etizolam at 2:30am. Plenty of ice cold beer and smoke through out. Great musical enhancement, lots of tracers/bluring of images. I look forward to trying this again in the future. I have been getting a shitty hangover my last few lsd trips and this doesn't seem to have that.

Has anyone got any thoughts on combining AL-LAD with MDMA candy-flip style? I'm on a 3 month break from all drugs, but in September, I plan on giving the AL-LAD + MDMA combination a whirl. However, I'm not quite sure on the dosage timings etc....

Thanks

SR

I've tried it. It was great at first but then I got carried away and did too much AL-LAD as the MDMA was wearing off - I got really confused and spun out a bit. If you can refrain from redosing it's a great combo.

^ I'm interested in that combo as well. With acid it's my favourite drug experience. What was your MDMA dose and how long did you wait to take it? The standard 3 hours?

That would be sick.. With AL-LAD, for those who plan on candyflipping, I dropped at 7p, up strong by 8p mostly baseline by 2am, fully sober slept at 4am with no chemical intervention. FWIW.

My doses were as follows (timing might be a bit out):

9.30PM - 200mg MDMA, 300mcg AL-LAD
11.30PM - 300mg MDMA, 200mcg AL-LAD
01.00AM - 525mcg AL-LAD

I shouldn't have taken that last dose, I was a fool and got lured in by the bliss of the MDMA. I must say even though I was mentally disturbed for some hours after that last dose I noticed no body load what so ever. I think it is a safe combo. Personally if I was to do it again I would take them together and leave it at that, however AL-LAD only last for 4-5 hours with me before I'm more of less back to baseline.

Status
Not open for further replies.