View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy AL-LAD Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a "prominent member" by any means, but you could make some quick notes on the effects it has on you and your body so that we can get a much clearer picture on what this chemical subjectively does. Not that I agree with ZFCs comments though, narrative trip reports of people having a good experience are 9 out of 10 times far too boring, so why bother?

Sure!

Just want to do what I can to maintain access to such things as these. I'd hate to think that past trip reports, of which I've posted quite a few, might have supported any bureaucrats efforts of banning desirable chemicals.

Unfortunately it seems you cannot win. With novel substances I generally keep things very factual if they are really new, so that others can learn from them. If they are becoming popular then I will not assist that process. Once the ACMD are looking up trip reports as evidence it's already too late and nothing you do or do not post is likely to stop that.

IMHO

And it's not like this one is going to become the next big thing in RC land because of the synthesis

Yes, to be fair I think this will sadly be gone by the time it appears on official radars in a serious capacity.

Yes, to be fair I think this will sadly be gone by the time it appears on official radars in a serious capacity.

Which is shit because I can't even get it in the US! I live in fucking Mississippi so it's rare for me to come across nbome tabs, fucking forget about LSD.

If this compound is better or more visual than lysergic acid (isnt that whats in HBWR?) then I'm in love.

You think so? I invite some of the more "prominent" members to voice their opinion on this one.

In the long term, I do think so. Of course AL-LAD will probably be scheduled within a year in most western countries, but what about the forthcoming generations, 20, 50 years from now?

Most of the LSD science we have at the moment dates from the pre-prohibition period (less than two decades). All the trip reports after that have no scientific value, and the only purpose they serve is spreading the truth to society. However, all the recent official studies are either meta-studies based on studies from the sixties or have used these studies in order to argue in favour of the validity of protocols for new studies.

Try to imagine what the community would be like if Shulgin had selfishly kept his research underground in the 90s. But he didn't, he published, no matter the consequences, because in the long term, it is the only way to go for the truth to be exposed: through scientific integrity, humility, and patience.

In the long term, I do think so. Of course AL-LAD will probably be scheduled within a year in most western countries, but what about the forthcoming generations, 20, 50 years from now?

Most of the LSD science we have at the moment dates from the pre-prohibition period (less than two decades). All the trip reports after that have no scientific value, and the only purpose they serve is spreading the truth to society. However, all the recent official studies are either meta-studies based on studies from the sixties or have used these studies in order to argue in favour of the validity of protocols for new studies.

Try to imagine what the community would be like if Shulgin had selfishly kept his research underground in the 90s. But he didn't, he published, no matter the consequences, because in the long term, it is the only way to go for the truth to be exposed: through scientific integrity, humility, and patience.

True that. You make a good point. In the past I've enjoyed writing the colorful narrative style experience reports that kidklmx said "are 9 out of 10 times far too boring, so why bother?" lol While I don't think mine are boring (that's up to you), I do think they scare and trouble people who don't enjoy/understand psychedelics (and really, then, have no business meddling with them) -- I'll keep my reports subjective, factual, and scientific. Everyone wins.

I think that if I stick to

You're so right. This is why Shulgin deserves so much respect :)

Yup, mine are objective reports about timings, intensity and side effects. Any activities that would affect those are also noted.

That way it's never boring, remains anonymous and easy to use as a reference.

Do any of you think that I will carry a tolerance over from a morning glory seed experience I had a few days ago if I dose AL-LAD on Saturday?

I suspect you will... yes. A week long wait would be better, Al is not exactly in your face to start with...

Guys be careful and start low with this one if you choose to partake, a 150ug tab was way too strong for a while and the body load had me scared for my safety. Drugs effect everybody differently. I felt like I was over-heating for a while really.

Who knows though, it could have just been because I was tripping out. Just stay safe and play it smart.

I'm just about to go to sleep here, so I didn't have time to read through the entire thread, but I just wanted to make one quick comment. I saw several people on the first page mention that they believe that this is coming from one source only, and that the source was an operational LSD lab. Let me just say this: I was looking into buying this several months ago at least. I found sources in the far east that I could get multiple grams of it from for a decent price, actually a price that almost made me spontaneously ejaculate with glee when thinking of an LSD analog in multiple gram quantities for such a price. Trustworthy sources, not ones that peddle one substance as another. Sources I've used before for other rare compounds and confirmed the quality of my order with GC/MS and NMR with perfect success. Sure, there might be a bunch of scammers out there peddling NBOMe compounds as LSD analogues, but I can say with near certainty that this is available from many more sources than people think. Just wanted to put that out there.

Will anyone who has experimented with AL-LAD please let me know if this has effects on sexuality/arousal?

Will anyone who has experimented with AL-LAD please let me know if this has effects on sexuality/arousal?

YMMV, but from a post I made a few years back:

...I tried 6-allyl-6-nor-lysergic acid diethylamide tartrate (AL-LAD) at 200 µg (+/- 10 µg), and generally found it to be less inspiring than its parent molecule. Of course, set and setting are confounding factors that are impossible to really control and may have skewed my one and only impression. Also, I've had so much variation between my LSD trips that it's difficult to directly compare the two based on a single experience. The length was the most obvious difference (steady decline from 4-6 hours, mostly down by 8 hours, sleep easy at 10 hours with 0.25 mg alprazolam). I have never slept on LSD before 14 hours...I'm generally pretty sensitive to sleep disrupting effects of psychs. Visually, AL-LAD was quite spectacular, but it seemed to lack, to some extent, the sense of open space and synesthetic qualities of LSD. The other big difference was that I could not for the life of me get much in the way of an erection. Erotic was there, erection was not. Vasoconstriction? I don't recall cold extremities. I also felt somewhat scattered throughout the experience, despite being cognitively intact. I was able to converse without problem, but I never quite settled in and felt at home with the compound. That said, keep in mind that I'm comparing it to my best LSD trips (there have been a couple of mediocre ones as well).

Last edited:
With a 225 ug dose I did notice some minor side effects: had slight tremors/spasms in my upper legs, specifically in the 'rectus femoris muscle'. Also from time to time a sedated feeling, and the feeling of being a bit short of breath. But nothing serious, I wasn't worried one bit. No vasoconstriction noted at all, no sweaty hands either, perfect eye hand coordination at the 5 hour mark, very clear thinking but a bit hard to communicate. Arousal was fine after the peak. Total duration 9 hours and while I found the trip very enjoyable I'm staying with a lower dose for my next experiments.

175 mcg proved to both be very enjoyable and colourful, but powerfully emotional as well. One of those trips which leaves you thinking "well, I sure hope insight translates into action". This is good therapeutic material. 1,5 hour comeup, a plateau clocking around 3-4 hours, smooth sailing comedown of 1-2 hours. Following all this, sleep is not impossible (but having benzos available might be a reasonable idea, still).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.