View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy AL-LAD Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
WOW is all i can say. i must have had a tolerance when i took 300ug last week bc it NO WAY compared to my 300ug trip last night. im gonna stick to 150-200ug from now on. i could feel my brain overheating and the feeling of "frying" in my head lol i just took .5 etiz and 30mg methadone and rode it out. fyi

Uninteresting slow effects so far. Took the first 150ug tab two hours ago. Then I took my second an hour ago. I just swallowed the third. This experience so far, has been gentle, somewhat weak. I've been waiting for the tell-tale signs (dilation, rippling effect, vaso-constriction, heart-rate, pressure) but they are much milder than I am used to. I have low level color enhancement. Slight pulse of stimulant like euphoria. Maybe it has yet to come on. I did eat right before all of this, so... here's hoping this turns out to be worth my time!

Headphones are going on next. Some Siberian Khatru?

Five minutes later... ok now I'm getting the giggles. Now I'm smiling. :D

I have taken AL-LAD two other times, once at 150 ug and once at 37.5 ug. The first trip was much stronger than I expected, and was similar to Shulgin's first report (
(with 150 µg) "I felt it in less than a quarter hour, and was shooting up past a +++ in another quarter hour. Fast. Just like LSD but without the vaguely sinister push. A little time slowing, randy, no body disturbance. Dropping at six hours and totally tired and going to sleep at twelve hours. I will repeat."
) except I was rolling around on my bed in fits of hilarious laughter during the peak. The second trip still produced mild psychedelic effects, though it was more of a very mildly psychedlic dose and closer to the nootropic end of the effect scale. Anyways, for my third trial, I've decided to go in between and try 75 ug and see how it affects me.

+0:00 - Took ~75 ug AL-LAD orally (swallowed since I've read that it is best absorbed through the stomach).
+0:05 - Not sure if it's just me, but I'm already starting to feel some of the mild sensations on my head (slight pressure, dreamy waves) that typically accompany ergoline drugs for me. I am also a bit excited, as I believe that this will be my sweet spot with this drug at this time of my life. The first two trips were great :)
+0:08 - Starting to feel slow, warm relaxation flowing from my temples down into my shoulders.
+0:16 - Just finished reading a trip report and am surprised that it has only been 8 minutes since I last made a note. Feeling more relaxed, almost stoned now. Full body relaxation.
+0:20 - Is it just me, or did someone just turn up the heat in here? Sweating slightly while cleaning up/organizing the house, which I like to do when coming up on psychedelics. Helps clear the headspace and also the physical space for the trip. Hydrating accordingly and removing shirt. Whoa, just had some issues putting these sentences together. Interesting stoning effect. Looking back, I think that the other two times I tried AL-LAD, I took it with my normal medication, 50 mg of lisdexamphetamine (Vyvanse). I consider that this may be the reason 150 ug felt like 2 or 3 hits of strong LSD in strength. I am hoping that this current dose still hits me in the sweet spot :).
+0:25 - Going deeper in the mental realm slowly but surely. The comeup on AL-LAD has always been very smooth.
+1:00 - Feeling a much stronger head trip now, cleaning and organizing tasks are becoming a bit more difficult and actions and things are taking on more metaphorical meaning. Actions are more like meta-actions if that makes sense.
+1:04 - Listening to CHVRCHES - Gun (Auntie Flo Remix) and reading about Sepher. Though I didn't know him, I am deeply moved to know about a fellow psychonaut moving on from this world. I think about all the deaths of close friends and family that I have experienced in my past and am touched with a nostalgia. I am filled with joy at the knowledge that what I am doing with my time here on Earth and with the people I encounter is positive. I am filled with joy to know that I am a light in this place. I hope to continue being so until the day I move on.
+1:08 - Music is an absolute necessity. So glad I decided to put some on! Music pretty much turned on emotions and has made thoughts flow so much more. It's rather astounding. Usually I spend my days in silence (as a meditative practice), but I do love music. This is beautiful :) I am blessed. No, we are all blessed. This life is a wonderful opportunity. I am seeing how effective I am being in my daily life with finding love in all things, even the moments that are most negative or difficult. Reflecting on how I can continue doing this and living a life full of peace rather than war. Patience, Love, Understanding. Oops, I just almost said PLUR. :O
My old candy kid came out for a minute. For me, Patience is the solution to many of my problems, so I am seeing much more clearly where I may be more patient in the future. Each moment is a lesson. Each experience a classroom.
+2:10 - Had a wonderful conversation with my mother on the phone. Realizing how far we've come over the years and how accepting my parents are now that we have a more adult relationship. We have grown onto the same level with many things and I realize also that they really don't care about whether or not I use drugs. They just care about me being happy and healthy, which is what all adult relationships should be. People genuinely caring about one another without judgement. The only reason they should criticize some kind of drug use is if that drug use is interfering with that person's happiness or health in my opinion. Feeling absolutely delightful and just glowing. I also don't feel like the phone conversation was affected too strongly either. We normally have intellectual conversations, and this one was just accompanied by stronger positive vibes from the drug I was on. Did not feel "fucked up," nor that I was "tripping" in the traditional sense. I personally love the clear-headedness of this analogue. Incredibly therapeutic for individuals that know the direction they are headed, and also a huge magnifier of positive emotions.
+2:23 - Good body feeling with some minor tension in ligaments and back, but I suspect that is due to dehydration and/or lack of nutrition lately (due to saving someone's life while on a trail on the last few days). It seems that the 3 hour mark is more or less the peak for this drug. I am still climbing a bit higher, with minor synaesthesia happening primarily "feeling" sounds. For example, I am feeling the sound of cars driving by my window. They feel like soft strokes on my head. Right now, it feels like my hair is standing on end, which actually feels quite silly. I know that it isn't but it's like I'm bursting with positive energy right now. Eating feels quite good at this stage too. I contemplate other drugs that I use/plan to use and have that thought of "wow, I really don't need any drugs besides this one." I've had that feeling with other drugs such as 2C-E and even LSD, and I think that it's just part of the process of taking psychedelics...they open me (and I think others also) up to the truth. If I'm living my personal truth, then the trip is an enjoyable reinforcement, and if I'm not then I have the opportunity to work some things out. Leaving the computer. Writing this report is engaging, but I have other matters to attend to :)

+2:36 - Oops, got distracted with reading...
http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/archive/index.php/t-108592.html

^ A wonderful description of the AL-LAD trip imo.
I am considering taking some GHB soon, as I've never combined it with psychedelics and I have heard that they can synergize quite nicely.

+2:42 - I'm a bit tired and have some muscle tension, so I decide to dose 1.5 g of Na-GHB and go make dinner. I also take note that my pupils are not significantly dilated any longer and are quite responsive to light at this point.
+3:00 - Wow, music is on another level at this point with this combo. So THIS is why they call GHB "liquid E." I never really understood that name before, although I love GHB. Lovely and not too sedating or blunting.
https://soundcloud.com/late-nite-tuff-guy/boy-u-turn-me-lntg-edit
I love disco :)
+3:30 - Things are coming down (I estimate there are about 3 hours of effects left, but I don't expect to have much new information as I've experienced the comedown before), so I'm going to wrap up this report. Overall this was a great dose for an evening of introspection, an evening with a friend, partner, or any personal time. Wonderful afternoon and beautiful chemical :)

Note: During the comedown I did have quite a bit of muscle tension in my back, but I assume that is due to lack of nutrition.

I hope this report may be helpful to others.

lol.. wut?
I think he's referring to that total amazement of how the AL-LAD experience fits together...it seems so perfect in a weird way. Whereas with LSD you're more focused on wtf is going on, on AL-LAD you're focused on HOW the fuck everything is going on haha.

constantly! and of course now I'm reintegrating, but the circumstances of this particular night...I just can't believe it. but the one thing I'm left with its how old everything is. but myself, my daughter, we're still alive and separate from the "oldness." I think I understand what Philip K. Dick meant with his term "kipple." full in depth trip report to come. ( and the crazy last seven hours worth of posts throughout BL...)

I had written a response to Dan k earlier but never sent it... his was the comment that grounded me. :) thanks man!

"
Kipple is a word coined by the remarkable science fiction writer Philip K. Dick. It refers to the sinister type of rubbish which simply builds up without any human intervention. Eventually, one day, the entire world will have moved to a state of kipplization.
From Phil Dick's "Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?"

JR - Kipple is useless objects, like junk mail or match folders after you use the last match or gum wrappers of yesterday's homeopape. When nobody's around, kipple reproduces itself. For instance, if you go to bed leaving any kipple around your apartment, when you wake up the next morning there's twice as much of it. It always gets more and more.
Pris- I see.
JR - There's the First Law of Kipple, "Kipple drives out nonkipple." Like Gresham's law about bad money. And in these apartments there's been nobody there to fight the kipple.
Pris - So it has taken over completely. Now I understand.
JR - Your place, here, this apartment you've picked - it's too kipple-ized to live in. We can roll the kipple-factor back; we can do like I said, raid the other apartments. But -
Pris - But what?
JR - We can't win.
Pris - Why not?
JR - No one can win against kipple, except temporarily and maybe in one spot, like in my apartment I've sort of created a stasis between the pressure of kipple and nonkipple, for the time being. But eventually I'll die or go away, and then the kipple will again take over. It's a universal principle operating throughout the universe; the entire universe is moving toward a final state of total, absolute kippleization."

Pretty intense. I was forced to reintegrate my ego right after having lost it, because of an emergency -- and to act "normal" in front of someone chemically ignorant -- I couldn't stop laughing, especially when this person's clothes were positively glowing and the things they were saying were just so innocent and profound. I kept getting, with a smile, "You're so weird!"

Smoked a lot of cigarettes. Left me with tremendous bowel activity. I almost shit myself this morning on the way back from the gas station.

The visuals were intense. Nothing remained still or flat for that matter. Music was amazing, but I only had about forty five minutes to listen to music with the headphones. Very different than the morning glory trip. Less static patternization but tremendous constant vapor trails and the colour hue that ran the show was a sunset pink. There is this vent that has some rust on it, and I couldn't look at it without the rust constantly boiling and seething into smoke and morphing back into its original form. The ceiling at one point ws rippling so much that I thought it was going to suck me in.

Very visual for me. And there were so many thoughts and lessons that came with this one. I was not disappointed after I realized I was coming down. Drank a few beers and nine hours later I had a time of falling asleep but was quite comfortable laying down with my face covered by a blanket. Body a little achy this morning.

Trip report tonight.

For those interested in the details of my AL-LAD experiment, you can read the report here: http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/threads/...he-Mistral-and-Kipple?p=11696402#post11696402

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

I have some AL-LAD too, well I figured it's the real deal right ?

ClDAp.jpg

Is this the real one ?
Also, anyone know the shelf-life of the compound or storage ? I wanna store some for years :)

"Kipple" sounds a lot like entropy!

@Hofmannblotter: Seems like the real stuff.

The shelf-life is not a static and fixed thing, it depends entirely on how well you are able to store it. For example leaving it exposed like for the photo is a no-no, I assume that was only for the pic.
As with all drugs: protect from heat, moisture, oxygen and in this case also light.

I personally got it in a baggy that is put in another baggy in a thick plastic baggy, in a mini mason jar containing a desiccant pack, in the freezer. Store the part you want to keep long term (i.e. like longer than 4-6 months) completely separately from the part you wish to experiment with or share with friends. That way you don't have to thaw the whole lot each time, which is bad for stability.

Theoretically, if you are able to evacuate a container of all water and oxygen (for example by filling it with an inert gas and sealing it with lab equipment e.g. an ampulle or vacuum dome) even unstable compounds can be kept for years.
So if you can get argon gas, ampulles (vials you can melt shut) and a burner to do said melting, that would be best. : p

ClDAp.jpg

I performed an ehrlich test on the Al-Lad tabs, identical to Hoffs pic above... The results are similar to those of another tester who coincidentally also posted pics last night... My result is first, left hand side, Al-Lad, pinkish result indicates likely precence of an indole, right hand result unknown blotter, appears inactive or at least, non-indole -

The other chap's results are very similar -

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, it is indeed! A quarter is very HR to start with, I salute you, please go from there! Enjoy...

175 mcg proved to both be very enjoyable and colourful, but powerfully emotional as well. One of those trips which leaves you thinking "well, I sure hope insight translates into action". This is good therapeutic material. 1,5 hour comeup, a plateau clocking hours, smooth sailing cowedown of 1-2 hours. Following all this, sleep is not impossible (but might be aided).

That's the most concise, perfect report ever.

I especially agree with "well, I sure hope insight translates into action".

If anyone feels like submitting reports to erowid could they do so and PM me the ID#. I'll fast-track it through the reviewing process.

Thanks!

YOu are all making me feel like i'm tripping just by reading these reports. Great stuff, this AL-LAD sounds like an incredible chemical.

Can't believe I still haven't done any psychs yet

Important Note: I have very strong natural tolerance to psychs, so divide dosage at least by two for average person to reach same effects.

I took 10 AL-LAD blotters, same as pictured above. My Ehrlich test for some reason did not give me proper result, but then, I had no exp. performing it.

About my exp.
I got separated from my friends on a festival, but felt like it meant to be this way. I felt like legend acidhead, doing thumbprint. I don't brag, this decision was not wisest in my life, but I just describe how I felt. It was stunning, amazing and truly 10/10, **** experience.

2 hours of it was DMT-like trip: all my field of vision covered with visuals, I can't understand where I am, and what is around me, barely can who I am. People were concepts and archetypes, trees asked me questions and looked like question marks, thousand silhouettes going to and from me, sky was pulsating with enormous web of acid 3d colors. Every cell of my being having full body orgasm, electric skin and feeling of air/humidity, like I am standing in the column of fire going to the sky. Thousand metaphors and associations going trough my mind every second. I learned and felt the Truth and Absolute. But I'm atheist, so no god(s) for me.
Overall, it is very forgiving chemical, extremely visual and similar to LSD. I got this feeling, too: "I learned as much as I could, now its time to act and live my life, and not trip for some time".
Main property of this substance is curiosity and awe. Almost no part of trip was really scary/bad, despite huge dosage. But again, I felt very confident this is safe substance (because it is LSD-like) and I cannot overdose for real, and I know a lot about psychedelics, I'm sceptic and atheist, and I never had bad trips on any psychedelic.

Overall, this is very good chemical, but my principle in life is variety, so its time to get some LSZ!

My theories about this shit having a similar safety profile as LSD is fortunately being borne out! I wouldn't recomend everyone did 10 of them though! Lol

I took 10 AL-LAD blotters, same as pictured above. My Ehrlich test for some reason did not give me proper result, but then, I had no exp. performing it.

That's interesting. My friend (really a friend, I'm not doing the annoying swim thing) got also very arguable Ehrlich results with the same blotters.
He says he will try to swallow (directly) the remaining 3/4 of that blotter some time next week...

Status
Not open for further replies.