View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy 5-MeO-DMT Thread - First Launch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, surprise, surprise, being outside in the nature with trees and birds.. really helps not freak out and maintain control. Also, in general, I wouldn't describe this drug as visual. So far it's been barrrrely visual. It's quite a mindfucker though. The realness of it, the spark of insanity it brings is beyond anything I could put into words. I don't feel enlightened after any trip; instead I periodically laugh like a madman.

Last edited:
I think 5-MeO-DMT is almost an anxiogenic or panicogen type substance....it feels so close to 'normal' panic, physically (as does salvia I reckon), I imagune the effects of 5-MeO-DMT being mediated by the masses of catecholamines released when smoking it- panic eleicts a strong mental and physical response, add panic to 5-MeO-DMT and voila- ultra bad. It needs plain DMT to reduce the edginess. 5-MeO-DMT is one of those psychedelics that is more borderline 'psychic toxin' then illumaintaing, for me at least.

^ have you ever tried smoking low doses (building up) over the course of a few hours?

I find that done that way it almost feels like the tail end of an acid trip.

Also, surprise, surprise, being outside in the nature with trees and birds.. really helps not freak out and maintain control.

Agreed

Last edited by a moderator:
swilow said:
I think 5-MeO-DMT is almost an anxiogenic or panicogen type substance....it feels so close to 'normal' panic, physically (as does salvia I reckon), I imagune the effects of 5-MeO-DMT being mediated by the masses of catecholamines released when smoking it- panic eleicts a strong mental and physical response, add panic to 5-MeO-DMT and voila- ultra bad. It needs plain DMT to reduce the edginess. 5-MeO-DMT is one of those psychedelics that is more borderline 'psychic toxin' then illumaintaing, for me at least.

That's why I'm frightened of trying this. I had an insane salvia trip that blew my mind and I came back to reality drenched in sweat, shaking and confused. DMT and Ayahuasca are also intense, but so kind and warm. I guess I'm still not ready for a gigantic head trip again since that salvia experience (4 months ago).

Some day I'll feel the call, I'm sure.

swilow said:

And yet I wonder how much your reaction to it has to do with you more than anything else. I mean MGS experienced nothing but the most profound entheogenic experiences. Others had nothing but visual trippiness. I experience neither of those. Just a mindfuck i can't put into words. I do it for the rush!

Gaian Planes said:
no more postponing! I will IV 5-meo-DMT soon! :D

The horror!! the horror.. the horror....

I can't wait to see how that goes.

Gaian Planes said:
^ have you ever tried smoking low doses (building up) over the course of a few hours?

I used to do it that way and in between tokes I would prostrate before buddha statues and chant sanskrit and do yoga/sit in lotus. It was wonderrrrrrrful. <3

I'm not really all that good at meditating, letting go, etc, but I have been toking throughout the day. Tolerance builds up quickly though, so I don't know how you 'build up' to anything?

Hello Psychedelic drug folk :)

I received 250mg of 5-MeO-DMT today. I've read much about it and believe I'm nearly read to take it. I see that 8mg seems to be enough for a breakthrough, but should I perhaps dose 10mg to make sure that I breakthrough rather than being stuck in the horrible "half way through the door" experience? I will be smoking it, and possibly converting some to its acetate form so I can take it sublingually.

Thank you everyone.

I received 250mg of 5-MeO-DMT today. I've read much about it and believe I'm nearly read to take it. I see that 8mg seems to be enough for a breakthrough, but should I perhaps dose 10mg to make sure that I breakthrough rather than being stuck in the horrible "half way through the door" experience? I will be smoking it, and possibly converting some to its acetate form so I can take it sublingually.
You cannot take it orally or sublingually without an MAOI, just to let you know. And you could eat the freebase, it would convert to HCl in your stomach. You DO need an MAOI, just like DMT, however.

Make sure you have a puke bucket right near you. It is extremely common to puke right before the peak. Almost everyone I know has puked.

10mg was a pretty good dose for me...not a full breakthrough, that's for sure. If you smoke 15mg you will for sure break through, just make sure someone sober is there, because they might have to restrain you or keep you from hitting your head/hurting yourself. 5-MEO-DMT is no joke. DMT's mindfuck is nothing compared to 15mg smoked.

I would recommend having a trip sitter everytime you do it. Because I've seen people go into complete muscle tremors, screaming curse words, vomiting on themselves, and hitting their head/kicking the wall. We had to restrain him till he came down. He thought he was laying still the whole time, and he said he had the time of his life, though it didn't seem like it...lol?

10mg was a pretty good dose for me...not a full breakthrough, that's for sure

Same here - I've yet to try more than 10mgs tho - so we'll see.

I don't like the sound of the vomiting cursing & kicking very much at all :\

psilocybonaut said:
You cannot take it orally or sublingually without an MAOI, just to let you know. And you could eat the freebase, it would convert to HCl in your stomach. You DO need an MAOI, just like DMT, however.

You most definitely don't. If you look back at this thread Egor has used 5-MeO-DMT sublingually without a MAOI and it working perfectly.

lately iv been thinking alot about adding just a mere few mg's (3-6mg) to a bowl of DMT to aid in breaking through.

will this change the character of the DMT trip much.
Im not a fan of 5 meo dmt, and would not want it overpowering the beauty of n n DMT

i think its an AWESOME idea. Try it and tell us how it goes. I've always meant to do this.

fizzacyst said:
How weird is this? 5-MeO-DMT showing up in MDMA tablets? wtf? Has anyone run into this or know anything about it?

I kind of wonder if it was supposed to be a joke or something, like that one pill that tested positive for heroin (that had to have been someone's idea of a joke).

(Feel free to delete this if its off-topic crap.. I just thought this was really strange)

It's not a joke. I've taken this pill. It was my first pill too. How fucked up is that?

Will be doing 10mg smoked tonight with 3 trusted friends.

I have a rather nice pipe but I don't want to mess it up first time, so do you think it'll be ok if I put the 5-MeO on some foil, put the flame underneath the foil (but not touching), and then inhale the vapour via a straw? I'm very excited :)

Thank you.

use the regular pipie
with some ash under and over it

trust me

the other methods waste material and are harsh on the lungs (i've tried foil and lightbulb anough time to be sure of what i say)

with a regular pipe, you barely feel it and breath in everything in 2 seconds

I never tried smoking it out of a pipe in fear I may incinerate the powder into nothing. Does it decompose at high temperatures?

Hello everyone. First I am very grateful for this site and everyone's contribution. I have lurked around for quite some time and due to the wealth of knowledge I just haven't had the need to post until now.

I acquired about a gram of 5-meo-dmt in freebase form. It's off white and has a very fine powder texture to it. Looks like protein powder. No visible crystalline structure to it with the naked eye. It's smoke has a very pleasant sweet smell.

Here is where the issue comes up. Smoking it doesn't produce anything at all. I am going to go on record here and state that I have never smoked this material before nor have I seen anyone smoke this material before. So is it possible that if your technique is wrong that you will feel absolutely nothing?

The material was loaded into a bowl and sandwiched in between two layers of tobacco. The lighter was applied directly to the top layer of tobacco. The smoke was held for about 10 sec. The bowl was repeatedly hit until all the material was gone.

After trying this method to no result chasing the dragon was tried with a sheet of tin foil. During this process the flame was kept as far away as possible to vaporize the material. The smoke was collected with a funneled piece of paper and held in for 10 sec. This process produced no results either.

After re-reading this thread I have come up with the conclusion that smoking the material out of a bowl sandwiched between some smoke able material can be tricky and I probably brought the flame to close to the material to quickly and perhaps destroyed it. Secondly the poor technique of the first try possibly canceled out the second try using the foil.

I am going to build a machine for a final attempt with this batch. The flame will be kept far away from the material and brought closer in 1 second intervals until smoke starts to appear and bringing it closer as needed to vaporize all the material. The smoke will be held for a minimum of 15 sec.

Any additional information on procedure of smoking this substance is greatly appreciated. Any thoughts as to why the first attempts where unsuccessful is greatly appreciated. Finally what has kept me from not labeling this material as a bad batch is the fact that I am new to it and error on my part is a strong possibility but what is most convincing is the sweet smell that this material produces. It matches the description of many posts on this thread. Thank you in advance for your help.

^Howdy there, welcome to Bluelight :) I don't actually have anything useful to say, but I am going to merge this with the Big and Dandy 5-Meo-DMT thread. Peace! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.