View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy 4-AcO-DMT Thread - Act Three

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't find too much potency difference between fumarate and HCl. Maybe the duration of the former was slightly longer than the latter, but that's about it. And I've tried both forms at comparable doses. 25mg of either seems to be a sweet spot where it's just intense enough without being too much of a mindfuck.

I recently did about 18 mg two days ago and I felt it wasn't quite as intense as I had wanted. I felt somewhat grounded if not sober at times.

I was thinking about taking 25 mg tonight since I have a prime opportunity to do so but should I up the dose a bit more since I tripped so recently?

I normally don't trip twice in a week but this stuff is beautiful and I felt like the chemical only gave me a kiss on the cheek last time and I'm trying to get laid if you catch my drift.

EDIT: This was fumarate, and the gooey brown shit discusses on the last page.

Last edited:
^I'd advise waiting a week at least, even if you up the dose, the acute psychological familiarity with the experience may lessen its grandeur. But I mean, it's not like you'd be alone in not being able to wait, we've all been like that on some occasion, and there's no particular reason not try it.

The fumarate is far more common IME. HCl seems to be pretty rare these days, as is the freebase. I think you may wanna double check your math there, Nukes dosage calculator is correct, and the difference is generally less than the margin of error of most of our scales. Also, if 25mg is barely active i'd be suspect of the purity (unless you & everyone who you've shared that batch with has a hefty tolerance to this substance). Most people have noticeable activity at less than half that, & solid +++'s at 12-17mgs.

oh jeez, i see what my mistake was now. i'm embarrassed. i treated the HCl as the "fully active" form, rather than the freebase. so i just took the percentage of the fumarate relative to the HCl, instead of relating both the the freebase.

anyways, i'm glad to have that cleared up. now i can stop spreading misinformation haha

the time i took 25 mg was from a friend. then i got my own different batch two years later from a different source, and tried 32 mg. both of these trips were pretty mild. i have a bit of tolerance to tripping in general i feel, or maybe i'm a "hardhead." i doubt that i got an impure batch both times.

also, on another forum i frequent, it seems like most people dose at least 25 mg, but often 30, 35 or even into the 40s. so i'm not alone there. some people like to take more (or maybe we all have shitty sources on the other forum)

Dissolved in a liquid (water, or something else if the taste bothers you) is my favorite way to dose most rc's especially 4-aco. Hell, most psychedelics i consume in a shot of water, even pharmahuasca and mescaline. Its just alot harder with 250mg of indole alkaloids vs. 15-25mg of a 4-substituted tryptamine like 4-aco-dmt. Maybe thats why it doesn't bother me lol.

Fuck gelcaps, half the time they get stuck in my throat, and take longer to kick in. I can handle a bitter shot chased with a glass of water just fine.

Try to not eat for 3-4 hrs beforehand to prevent queasiness and have it kick in faster/stronger. Once your peaking your free to eat if you like.

Thanks - dissolved sounds deffo sounds like the way to go.

Anyone able to comment on how this might closer resemble DMT, than mushrooms? I have never tried DMT, but I know this wasn't mushrooms, and others compare it- 4-AcO-DMT to, or relate it rather, to DMT, in ways.

hmm...100mg is a lot more miniscule than one would imagine. Are there are any preparatory precautions needed to be taken when splitting into equal doses. And...how on earth do you get it all out of the little baggy. Use a paint brush or something??

also, a package labelled: 3-[2-(Dimethylamino)ethyl]-1H-indol-4-yl ...is this the right stuff?

Last edited:
I've never heard it called that, but a quick google check and Wikipedia says yes, that is 4-aco.

I always have used the tweezer-esque tool that came with my scale to get the powder out of the baggie.

I know this will be met with some fierce opposition but I don't have scales and can't see myself getting any in the near future because I don't plan on researching any further than 4-aco at the moment. I'm going to split the 100mg into 10 doses and put in gel caps. That should last me a good 6-7 months, to be fair.

^ then why not use volumetric measurement?
disolve the r.c into a water / alchohol solution [ alcohol to prevent bacteria - i think ] and stick it into the freezer ?
an oral syringe will make getting a 10th of your solution easier than eyeballing a 10th of pile of powder thats tiny to start with ?
just a thought

^ then why not use volumetric measurement?
disolve the r.c into a water / alchohol solution [ alcohol to prevent bacteria - i think ] and stick it into the freezer ?
an oral syringe will make getting a 10th of your solution easier than eyeballing a 10th of pile of powder thats tiny to start with ?
just a thought

yeah I read about this, justinsayno, but doesn't it degrade terribly? And...don't you have to defrost it everytime you wanna dose?

^^ its far more similar to mushrooms than DMT IMO

you really didnt think this was similar to shroomies?

i mean you say i know this wasnt mushrooms, well of course its not mushrooms its 4 aco dmt but they are very similar

if i had to compare it to DMT i would start by saying

you cant swallow DMT for it to be active on its own, IMO 4 aco is best swallowed
DMT is far shorter acting at around 10-20 mins where as 4 aco is around 4-6 hours
DMT is very fast and abrupt where as 4 aco is smooth and mellow
DMT is much more visual although 4 aco can be quite visual with higher doses
DMT totally blows my mind to the point where my thoughts arent "in tact" where as with 4 aco i can fully function in public on lower doses

its hard to compare the two but thats my best job

if anyone has anything else to add or disagrees lemme know

I find 4-aco-dmt very similar to both mushrooms and smoked DMT. I find all the 4-sub-trypts very similar to mushrooms. 4-aco-dmt is the only one I'd compare with DMT. I find them similar visually as well as mentally. They both take me to the same place in my brain, where mushrooms open up a unique headspace that can only be achieved with mushrooms. I've also had a couple 4-ho-met experiences that have had visuals reminiscent of DMT.

Enough babbling from me. They are all tryptamines, and as such should all be similar. I do believe they are all unique though. Each one has its own character.

i encountered this substance for the first time about a week ago. after having dosed it twice in the span of one weekend i saw both sides of this drug. i had incredibly deep and peaceful experiences watching the sun rise the first morning i tried. however day 2 was a bit of hell i had to march through that involved getting naked and some other indecencies that most definitely still taught me something. but thats the way it goes, i will hopefully have more time to explore this substance in the future and will definitely not try to cram in all my exploration, thats how i ended up naked i do believe haha.

i believe the "brown degraded" 4-aco-dmt that is being mentioned a lot recently is this
http://i.imgur.com/6FHBa.jpg

its a fumarate, reportedly 98.9% pure. i believe it is a rocky substance, largely made of large chunks. does not dissolve well in etoh or h20... perhaps slightly gooey? the person who posted this picture said it was slightly gooey, but it certainly doesn't look like it.
I have a similar looking sample that is living in the freezer. it seems pretty stable and grainy rather than gooey. however, tiny amounts have kind of "melted" onto the bag

who has tried this stuff? what did you think?

I just had some of that. I know what vendor it came from. It was good but not nearly as good as the freebase that same vendor once had in stock. It could have been a tolerance issue for me though.

A few of my buds that are big into E and meth but not psyches got to sample this stuff and it blew them away at 20-40 mg. I guess it can't be that bad.

Last edited:
I find 4-aco-dmt very similar to both mushrooms and smoked DMT. I find all the 4-sub-trypts very similar to mushrooms. 4-aco-dmt is the only one I'd compare with DMT. I find them similar visually as well as mentally. They both take me to the same place in my brain, where mushrooms open up a unique headspace that can only be achieved with mushrooms. I've also had a couple 4-ho-met experiences that have had visuals reminiscent of DMT.

Enough babbling from me. They are all tryptamines, and as such should all be similar. I do believe they are all unique though. Each one has its own character.

Smoking 4-aco-dmt freebase is pretty close to smoking dmt. Oral 4-aco-dmt feels like shrooms with a hint of dmt. I imagine high doses could be more like dmt but I have not gone above 40 mg yet.

Last edited:
synaptic gap: yea, its easy to make money off this shit

specially when an eigth of shrooms can go for as much as it does in some places

This stuff is smooth, yet deceptively deep. I've only gone up to 25mg of fumarate orally so far, and even at that dosage it can seriously incapacitate a mind for hours at a time. While I'd recommend this stuff to a new timer, one can't underestimate its potential.

If 2C-B is commonly accepted as the friendliest/warmest/best of the RC phens, I'd almost want to grant that title to 4-AcO when it comes to trypts. The difference being that while it might not be as visual, it's every bit as mental, plus some.

This stuff is smooth, yet deceptively deep. I've only gone up to 25mg of fumarate orally so far, and even at that dosage it can seriously incapacitate a mind for hours at a time. While I'd recommend this stuff to a new timer, one can't underestimate its potential.

If 2C-B is commonly accepted as the friendliest/warmest/best of the RC phens, I'd almost want to grant that title to 4-AcO when it comes to trypts. The difference being that while it might not be as visual, it's every bit as mental, plus some.

Add a little 25I to your 4-aco-dmt to get your visual plus some.

How would one suggest dosing? I'm speaking about timing, and won't it alter the flavor? What first, what after? How long between?

Status
Not open for further replies.