View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy 4-AcO-DMT Thread - Act Three

Status
Not open for further replies.
Check out The Big & Dandy 4-AcO-DMT Thread, it should provide some answers :)
I haven't tried this one yet myself, but when I do I'll probably start out with around 10-15mg oral and see how that turns out.

I store my powders in amber vials in a little box with moisture and oxygen absorbers in my fridge, some people use the freezer.
Fumarates are generally pretty stable, but dry, dark and cool is the best for any chem.

keep it out of the light in a dark cool dry environment. Like the above poster said, fumarate is really stable.

I would try about 20 mg to start off with. Fumarate tends to be a little less intense than the freebase.

be safe brother and have a sitter. Just because that shit is an RC, it can get on top of you real quick and I find it just as intense as mushrooms.

I find that it doesn't last as long as mushrooms, you should be fine by hour 4 and back to base level by hour 5.

I found this stuff to be great
I don't want to attempt to describe my own experience yet as I don't have too much time right now, but I was definitely +++, flirting with- if not ++++ on the scale. It was bliss. I loved it. Much gentler than almost any psychedelic. I was on a rocket up and said to friends if I could I'd dose 3 times as much. (initial dose ~29 mg fumarate + a less exact approximate eyeballed dose of say 10-15 mg, insufflated, totalling around 40-45 for the night, although it could be 40-55... Or so. Sorry. Second dose was at T+1 hour approximately.)

I did weigh out 4 doses for 4 people who ended up doing it, and found that I could not have gone above around what I estimated, based on how much of the bag was left considering what was used.

Need to stop describing... But I said this stuff was gentle... But powerful. Coming down, I felt like a feather falling.... Very slowly... Sometimes still flying. Even the next day. Made things easier.

But I want it in my blood. I've never shot anything.

No jaw tension to speak of. Nobody noticed it. Clean feeling.

I notice my voice seems more resonant... This happens on mushrooms, and like this, extends for a few days. I don't remember AMT having this effect. I'm wondering if its tryptamine, or something the DMT does... Or trypramine, or 4 substituted tryptamines. I speak clearer, and with more energy. I also have the desire to vocalize on it/mushrooms, and form new sounds... Paying attention to word structure/feeling of sound. Anyone else notice this effect, though? Even on one hour of sleep the following day, my vocal-ability was as if I was on some (good) stim, or DMT related tryptamine? :)

Last edited:
keep it out of the light in a dark cool dry environment. Like the above poster said, fumarate is really stable.

I would try about 20 mg to start off with. Fumarate tends to be a little less intense than the freebase.

be safe brother and have a sitter. Just because that shit is an RC, it can get on top of you real quick and I find it just as intense as mushrooms.

I find that it doesn't last as long as mushrooms, you should be fine by hour 4 and back to base level by hour 5.

Thanks very much. What would be the best way of consuming? Is it just a case of swallowing the powder? Cheers

Oral works perfectly fine for 4-AcO-DMT, obviously nasal & plugging work as well, but for a first time use, definitely best to stay with oral. Make sure you have proper weighing apparatus & always double if not triple check the weight. And i usually use an empty gelatin capsule because the stuff tastes none too good, but swallowing the powder will work fine as well. You may wanna mix it in a small amount (shot glass full or so) of something to mask the taste. Fruit juice comes to mind, but i'm not entirely sure of the solubility of the fumarate. For a first time dose, i'd go with 10-16mg. More is certainly doable, but its always best to err on the side of caution when getting a feel for a new substance. I know plenty of seasoned trippers that find 16-17mg perfectly adequate for their tastes. Provided the material is pure of course. Happy trails ;)!

Also, i'll leave this here for now, but i'll probably merge it with the Big & Dandy 4-AcO-DMT thread in a day or two so that all the info is in one place.

am i the only one that wishes people would indicate the form of 4acodmt, when they indicate a dosage??

the HCl should be more potent by weight, than the fumarate

purely by molecular weight, i calculated that the fumarate is .735 times as potent as the HCl
or the HCl is 1.36 x times as potent as the fumarate

meaning that 25 mg of the HCl is equal to about 34 mg of the fumarate

my guess is that the fumarate is more common, since it's more stable, but maybe people are still working with the HCl?
i suppose it's safer to assume that people are talking about the fumarate, when they indicate their dosage

i personally have found 25 mg of the fumarate to be barely active. around 32 mg is a good, but light trip, for me (strong enough for a couple friends), and 45 mg of the fumarate is the highest i've went. this would be about 33 mg of the HCl if i am correct, and that is approaching TOO HIGH for me. body was shaking, eyes were tearing up, nose was runny

The fumarate is far more common IME. HCl seems to be pretty rare these days, as is the freebase. I think you may wanna double check your math there, Nukes dosage calculator is correct, and the difference is generally less than the margin of error of most of our scales. Also, if 25mg is barely active i'd be suspect of the purity (unless you & everyone who you've shared that batch with has a hefty tolerance to this substance). Most people have noticeable activity at less than half that, & solid +++'s at 12-17mgs.

this is going to end on a 4-aco-DMT note: i was in the MDMA/MDA section and i noticed a ton of negative things about E.. Things that make me not want to do it ever again.. Now i did E about 4 times and i took Ecstasy pills (unknown but most likely amp/pipes) about 6 times.. I wonder if its better to take one pill twice a month or 2 pills in one night, well that's just me thinking out loud.. but anyway i read a bunch of bad things like permanent mental changes, some for the better but most for the worst.. now back to 4-aco-DMT and the like..

Does 4-aco-DMT cause the same potential issues? or is it so new that its just unknown at this point.. I gather 4-aco-DMT is less neurotoxic but i am not sure how much less..

Put it this way, i want to trip in a few weeks but i dont want to think i am going to really mess something up.. I have trouble talking to girls as it is, i have always been shy and I blush when i talk with a girl i like.. i dont want to mess something up yet i feel the 4-aco-DMT might actually help me with these issues,, what do you guys think about the way I feel.. What is your view of the RCs Vs. the MDA-MDMA types?

Woah woah woah man, psychedelics, are not at all comparable to enactogens like MDMA and friends. You are not looking at the same kind of experience, at all.

If worried what's in your e-pills, look into testing kits, and in general talk to the guys over in ED about that. As for psychs, you're opening a whole different can of worms about potential issues, granted wit stuff like this you're not going to get any physical damage, but the likelihood of some heavy psychological stuff is much higher, and the risk of maladaptive psychological changes is a real one.

As for your particularly issue, while there is indeed great therapeutic potential in psychedelics, a normal social phobia is not what you should bring out the big guns for. The best advice is, keep on doing it and you'll get better over time. It's a skill and you gotta practice to become proficient, yeah embarrassing situations will happen, but you'll learn to deal with it.

If you want to use a drug to aid interaction that's your choice, but a stimulant, or GABAergic, or somesuch would be better suited for that purpose. If you want to trip, go into looking to trip and enjoy it, accept what the drugs bring out of you, and consider any therapeutic effect a bonus.

I find I'm more talkative/social the day after tripping, anymore. Have you not tripped before? Are you planning to be on it when talking to them, or to find the chords to tap (it however to say it?), in life. I figure the latter is your intention, but is also the former?

I found I envisioned a girl through much of my experience. I often do. I

Woah woah woah man, psychedelics, are not at all comparable to enactogens like MDMA and friends. You are not looking at the same kind of experience, at all.

If worried what's in your e-pills, look into testing kits, and in general talk to the guys over in ED about that. As for psychs, you're opening a whole different can of worms about potential issues, granted wit stuff like this you're not going to get any physical damage, but the likelihood of some heavy psychological stuff is much higher, and the risk of maladaptive psychological changes is a real one.

As for your particularly issue, while there is indeed great therapeutic potential in psychedelics, a normal social phobia is not what you should bring out the big guns for. The best advice is, keep on doing it and you'll get better over time. It's a skill and you gotta practice to become proficient, yeah embarrassing situations will happen, but you'll learn to deal with it.

If you want to use a drug to aid interaction that's your choice, but a stimulant, or GABAergic, or somesuch would be better suited for that purpose. If you want to trip, go into looking to trip and enjoy it, accept what the drugs bring out of you, and consider any therapeutic effect a bonus.

These pills are MDA i weighted them, and measured them and they match up on the Edata site.. On pillreports they also come from the same area that i live. Not to mention they feel clean and MDA like.. I almost fear that regardless of how normal I feel since i did the pills last Friday that some small damage can be done.. Now i hope this is not the case.

I guess ill stick to my Psychedelics as that has been my major drug of choice and i probably use them once every 3 months..

I find I'm more talkative/social the day after tripping, anymore. Have you not tripped before? Are you planning to be on it when talking to them, or to find the chords to tap (it however to say it?), in life. I figure the latter is your intention, but is also the former?

I found I envisioned a girl through much of my experience. I often do. I

I like to think about my issues under the effects and i notice that i can gain insights but i need to write them down so i don't forget.

These pills are MDA i weighted them, and measured them and they match up on the Edata site.. On pillreports they also come from the same area that i live. Not to mention they feel clean and MDA like.. I almost fear that regardless of how normal I feel since i did the pills last Friday that some small damage can be done.. Now i hope this is not the case.

Oh, alright then. Occasional recreational use of MDA or MDMA shouldn't cause any lasting issues, and most issues associated with frequent use will clear up once you stop taking it. You can use once every two months if you want to be particularly cautious, and be sure your serotonergic functioning is tops.

Happy tripping, in any case.

Oh, alright then. Occasional recreational use of MDA or MDMA shouldn't cause any lasting issues, and most issues associated with frequent use will clear up once you stop taking it. You can use once every two months if you want to be particularly cautious, and be sure your serotonergic functioning is tops.

Happy tripping, in any case.

but it would seem that doing the psychs every two months would be the better option.. besides, i get more out of the psychs.. MDA is just a feel good time.

^YMMV, but you may be in for a pleasant surprise if you take 4-AcO-DMT, if you like MDA. I know it's possible someone might have a contrasting story, but my experience with it was just about as pleasant (if not as, or more?) as MDA- from my memory. My first time trying MDA was, internally, very similar to this. My eyes were shut much of the time. I spent it around people, in a relaxed, somewhat intimate atmosphere. I was smiling. The experiences, although very different, well, this 4-AcO-DMT experience reminds me of it (just the one experience).

^YMMV, but you may be in for a pleasant surprise if you take 4-AcO-DMT, if you like MDA. I know it's possible someone might have a contrasting story, but my experience with it was just about as pleasant (if not as, or more?) as MDA- from my memory. My first time trying MDA was, internally, very similar to this. My eyes were shut much of the time. I spent it around people, in a relaxed, somewhat intimate atmosphere. I was smiling. The experiences, although very different, well, this 4-AcO-DMT experience reminds me of it (just the one experience).

I am worried about taking 4-aco-DMT again after my 9mg experience at the music festival i had the shakes and tremors.. but i want to try it again.. just typing about it makes me feel like i have to go to the bathroom and i get a bit sweaty in the palms.. not to mention butterflies in the stomach.. and a tingle in the gums..

I am worried about taking 4-aco-DMT again after my 9mg experience at the music festival i had the shakes and tremors.. but i want to try it again.. just typing about it makes me feel like i have to go to the bathroom and i get a bit sweaty in the palms.. not to mention butterflies in the stomach.. and a tingle in the gums..

I also tend to get shakes from 4-aco... in general, the come-up is not pleasant for me, but I know it's worth it for an amazing peak and plateau.
And I totally know what you mean, whenever I even think about doing this chem, it gives me butterflies. Like my body knows what to expect and it's like OH GOD NOT THAT AGAIN. I mean that in the best way possible though P:

I also tend to get shakes from 4-aco... in general, the come-up is not pleasant for me, but I know it's worth it for an amazing peak and plateau.
And I totally know what you mean, whenever I even think about doing this chem, it gives me butterflies. Like my body knows what to expect and it's like OH GOD NOT THAT AGAIN. I mean that in the best way possible though P:

there is a reason why we always go back.. when i am dealing with the come up i say to myself, this is why i was worried about doing this again, but by the time I am getting into the experience i say to myself this is why i am doing this again.. Over all the experience is positive.. But i must admit i was really in a ball last time i took 4-aco-DMT and i only hope it was because i was drinking early in the day and i was by myself in a tent away from home.. but who knows and i am alive to tell the tale..

I think that rectal is the best method. 4-AcO-DMT can be a really gentle and fully psychedelic trip at around 10 mg plugged.
It sets in really quick, but it doesn't last too long (maybe 2-4 hours, dose dependent). It hits right away, too, and you will probably be starting to peak at around 15 minutes, give or take.

What I like about plugging is that it bypasses first pass metabolism. First past metabolism is supposedly converts 4-AcO-DMT to 4-OH-DMT (psilocin). So when you plug it, you get the effects of 4-AcO-DMT, rather than psilocin. It's possible that a plugged dose is later converted to psilocin, allowing you to first get the 4-AcO-DMT effects, then later psilocin effects.

When I've plugged it, the effects were like a slowed down DMT trip, with massive euphoria. It wasn't much like a shroom trip at all.

My recommendation for a first time dose (assuming you've already done a ~1mg allergy test) would be anywhere from 7-12 mg plugged. This probably equals something close to 14-24 mg oral.

I store 4-AcO-DMT at room temperature in a glass vial with argon gas (the stuff in wine preserver bottles). I'd prefer to put it in the freezer, but that's not an option for me. I've had it for a year and noticed no degradation. If you make a solution for liquid measurement, don't forget about it or it will turn brown after a while.

The brown liquid is still active, though.

Dissolved in a liquid (water, or something else if the taste bothers you) is my favorite way to dose most rc's especially 4-aco. Hell, most psychedelics i consume in a shot of water, even pharmahuasca and mescaline. Its just alot harder with 250mg of indole alkaloids vs. 15-25mg of a 4-substituted tryptamine like 4-aco-dmt. Maybe thats why it doesn't bother me lol.

Fuck gelcaps, half the time they get stuck in my throat, and take longer to kick in. I can handle a bitter shot chased with a glass of water just fine.

Try to not eat for 3-4 hrs beforehand to prevent queasiness and have it kick in faster/stronger. Once your peaking your free to eat if you like.

Status
Not open for further replies.