• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dissociatives The Big & Dandy 3-MeO-PCP Thread: 3-MeO 4 Leaf Clover

Yea taking a higher dose of this one left me lying in bed feeling like I was fighting for my life against demonic energies. It was one of the scariest experiences of my life.

I would call high dose positive outcomes with this as breakthrough experiences, but the term 'hole' just doesn't match the phenomenology. Its more like reaching a singularity of consciousness and letting go into a high vibrational evolving energy system. Letting the ego out of the way accelerates the evolution and further collapses the singularity. Its an exercise in letting it happen and just observing the incredible energy manifestation. Lord it is hard to put it into words, Ill give it another shot someday.

I would call high dose positive outcomes with this as breakthrough experiences, but the term 'hole' just doesn't match the phenomenology. Its more like reaching a singularity of consciousness and letting go into a high vibrational evolving energy system. Letting the ego out of the way accelerates the evolution and further collapses the singularity. Its an exercise in letting it happen and just observing the incredible energy manifestation. Lord it is hard to put it into words, Ill give it another shot someday.

That's actually a really great way of putting it. I've never holed on K and DXM is the only other disso I've tried (not even nitrous) so I just assumed my experience was analogous to a K-hole.

I would strongly recommend against using this drug for the most part, because it definitely costs you some karma points in some very important places as Solipsis mentions. This is definitely a functional anti-depressant for me for the most part but I feel like 90% of people who I give a small dose of this to will have an unpleasant reaction. This is really kind of garbage head territory imo, and best left for people who are desperate to overcome desperate times.

Otherwise, using it functionally can work for a few people and I think that's fine, i just don't think this drug is anything we should be promoting at all. While my bandmates all agree I play like Geddy Lee while using it, ultimately my emotional shifts make it a little too much to handle in the end. After my current bag is gone, I won't be using any PCP derivatives for a long time. Gonna move to mellower substances. Probably just milder dissociatives, milder empathogens and psychedelics. I couldn't be more thankful for how its helped me though.

edit in bold.

I kind of agree with this. With 3-meo-pcp, there's no "there" there. It's like a template for a dissociative that's yet to be fleshed out. Yes, you can crank it up high and get manic, but virtually any chem in this class can do that with better results. I lived almost 9 straight months in mxe mania, but it was warm, textured, euphoric mania. I know it's cliche but I'll say it again: mxe had magic. There's just nothing behind the eyelids of 3-meo-pcp. You take it, you sense a familiar dissociative feeling creep up and you prepare for the 'here it comes' moment but it never arrives. Dare I say, it is somewhat boring once you peek behind the dissociative sheen of this one, surprisingly uninteresting at its core.

The search for a successor to mxe continues.

^^ Agreed, as a dissociative I think there are many better alternatives, but I still use 3-MeO-PCP more than any other dissociative because I don't like getting fully dissociated very often, but the ability of 3-MeO to unlock a subtle and magical mania, that is extremely functional, is better than any other dissociative I've tried. It reliably gets me to this flow state when I use concurrent tiny doses where music, expression, and confidence flow strongly without any amount of impairment, it's really valuable to me. In essence it functions more like a stimulant the way I use it than a dissociative, without any amount of actual stimulation or any of the negatives of stimulants.

Yeah, spot on Xorkoth. I still have a couple of grams of MXE stashed away, but I'm using 3-MeO-PCP much more often. Even though MXE is arguably more "magical" and psychedelic, I think 3-MeO-PCP fits better my casual drug use.

Yeah I would never suggest this as a successor to MXE. But to reply additionally to the post above my last one, you don't have to dose high to get manic from it. Concurrent tiny doses spread over the course of hours will also get you there. I like to do little 2mg bumps, every 1-2 hours, and by the evening I will be very nicely manic but not at all dissociated.

How do you guys feel about 3-MeO probably having the same long term effect potential as PCP considering how similar it acts?:

• "Runs" - Chronic users may binge use PCP, taking it repeatedly for 2 or 3 days at a time without eating or sleeping, followed by a period of sleep. These runs may occur as many as four times in a month.
  • Impaired memory
  • "Flashbacks" similar to those experienced by chronic LSD users
  • Persistent speech problems, such as stuttering, inability to articulate, or the inability to speak at all
  • Chronic and severe anxiety and depression, possibly leading to suicide attempts
  • Social withdrawal and isolation
  • Toxic psychosis may appear in chronic users who do not have a prior history of psychiatric disturbances. The symptoms of toxic psychosis are aggressive or hostile behavior, paranoia, delusional thinking and auditory hallucinations.

http://www.cesar.umd.edu/cesar/drugs/pcp.asp

See my comments in red

How do you guys feel about 3-MeO probably having the same long term effect potential as PCP considering how similar it acts?:

• "Runs" - Chronic users may binge use PCP, taking it repeatedly for 2 or 3 days at a time without eating or sleeping, followed by a period of sleep. These runs may occur as many as four times in a month. Yes, runs for sure, except I have no impairment of eating or sleeping during them. Well my sleep quality is probably less but I still sleep, and I have absolutely no problems eating plenty. I actually will go for 4 or 5 days in a row sometimes. Keep in my when I use 3-MeO-PCP I only use it in 2-3mg doses separated by 1-2 or more hours. I will use like 15mg total in an entire day. I feel no urge to use more than that, except once in a while I will purposely take larger doses and get "wonky", but maybe once a month.
  • Impaired memory Yes, I get word recall issues during usage that become worse as the run becomes longer. Not too bad. Again, I use pretty low doses. But frequently.
  • "Flashbacks" similar to those experienced by chronic LSD users Never had such a thing from any drug
  • Persistent speech problems, such as stuttering, inability to articulate, or the inability to speak at all I get minor stuttering when I become dissociated on 3-MeO. When I dose normally (for me), I never become dissociated, I do it because it gradually builds a really lovely and inspiring hypomania and I like that state. Any dissociative makes me stutter/slur when I become dissociated and this is no exception, MXE does it quite a bit worse. I have a friend who does a lot of 3-MeO who slurs very badly on it. She tends to take much larger doses than me.
  • Chronic and severe anxiety and depression, possibly leading to suicide attempts I have gotten worn down from it which leads to feeling flat emotionally, but I would say various other drugs produce much deeper lows for me after abuse. I have had months where I low-dosed 3-MeO probably 6 out of every 7 days, and had surprisingly few issues. Once again I want to emphasize that I use it almost as sort of tonic or something, for me it is not a drug for getting fucked up on.
  • Social withdrawal and isolation I generally don't like using it anywhere near as much except in social situations (I enter social situations most days of my life). If anything, the hypomania from it makes me want to be social more.
  • Toxic psychosis may appear in chronic users who do not have a prior history of psychiatric disturbances. The symptoms of toxic psychosis are aggressive or hostile behavior, paranoia, delusional thinking and auditory hallucinations. Never had this from it. However I have never had this from anything.

http://www.cesar.umd.edu/cesar/drugs/pcp.asp

Pretty much same as Xorkoth. I use this for the mania, eat well, sleep well, live well. This drug has caused me the least problems of all drugs I've used. But I'm sure it won't work like that for majority of people. You need a certain amount of experience and wisdom to use 3-MeO-PCP like that. Most importantly you need to have your life in order to use it like that. It's still probably the most dangerous and potent drug I've used.

I probably used over a gram of 3-MeO-PCP over the summer and fall - experienced no problems. Another gram over the spring. Which has ruined most drugs for me because this really gives me no negative effects I can notice if I take breaks and sleep well.

Last edited:
Yeah, when they mentioned the flashbacks thing I instantly got the impression that the source isn't very serious.

Besides that, the "negative effects" mentioned are for the most part behavioral, which I think are a risk for any drug of this class. Dissociatives can make you socially isolated, can impair speech if used chronically, etc... But staying in check with oneself is something we must all practice if we choose to overindulge in drugs. Be honest with yourself and try to stay away from self-destructive patterns.

I would imagine if taking this in large doses frequently, it could cause a lot more problems. It seems like generally when you hear about PCP users, they're getting all kinds of fucked up on it.

I think it mostly has to do with the fact that typically, unknown doses are being smoked.

I guess If I was using 3-MeO-PCP always eyeballing it, I would have certainly run into some problems by now.

I eyeball it sort of, but I use this tiny scoop that holds about exactly 2mg so it's not really the same. I used to weigh my dosages. Sometimes away from home I use a tiny bump on the end of a key so my dosages vary slightly but certainly far less than with dipped cigarettes or some such, which really leaves you with absolutely no idea what you're taking. Also, 3-MeO-PCP and PCP, while certainly sharing similarities, are also most certainly distinct drugs with different actions. But who knows, maybe someone with pure PCP powder who dosed 1-2mg at a time would experience similar reactions? I honestly can't say since I've never seen PCP, even in a dipped cigarette or something like that.

Been really digging this one lately, very hard to resist the temptation to use daily. At the end of the day I know that I would rather not do anymore, but then I wake up and it's like why not? Taking the path of responsibility with this one though, not gonna ruin it for myself haha. I promise! 8(

I agree with you, Xorkoth, that 2 or 3 mg. is a great dose. Even up to 5 or 6 mg can still be highly funtional, but I learned a valuable lesson when I took a 13 mg. dose and tried to be fuctional, and while I was still able to pull it off, I was close to going over the edge to non-functionality. I won't be doing that again. I now stick to 2 or 3, even though it's kind of a pain dealing with that tiny amount of powder, the effects are well worth it.

^^ Yeah that's how it is for me too. Oddly the first time I tried combining them I felt they combined terribly. But after that it's been crazy how well they synergize. It's just like how you describe, it's like the 3-MeO opens your brain up and allows the LSD to seep into every crevice. You can trip really hard off a small amount.

One time after I had run through my entire 250mg-ish of 3-MeO-PCP over about the course of a week I realized I had a 100mcg blotter of LSD sitting around and took 1/4 of it. I started feeling so good that I ended up taking the rest over the next hour and it was probably the best I've ever felt from LSD, the only word I could use to describe the feeling would be "divine." I never really got much visual distortion but music sounded amazing and it felt like every pore in my body was radiating joy in it's purest form.

Yep, you got tuned.
One time after I had run through my entire 250mg-ish of 3-MeO-PCP over about the course of a week I realized I had a 100mcg blotter of LSD sitting around and took 1/4 of it. I started feeling so good that I ended up taking the rest over the next hour and it was probably the best I've ever felt from LSD, the only word I could use to describe the feeling would be "divine." I never really got much visual distortion but music sounded amazing and it felt like every pore in my body was radiating joy in it's purest form.

As stated before, I find this drug is truly special when using it on low doses. This is not an MXE/K substitute. I am even pondering whether to catalogue this as a "dissociative", cause it just does not really feel the same. Most drugs known by man clearly fall into a specific category and there is no doubt they belong there. Psychedelics, stimulants, delirants, empathogens, dissociatives, opioids... you name it. But every now and then some drugs just don't completely belong to any of those pre-existing categories. Yes, 3-Meo-PCP does feel like a dissociative somehow, but it is also a strong stimulant and many other things. And the head space is NOT the headspace I would expect from other dissociatives.

I think we are limiting the experiences we can get from this drug because we are forcing it inside the category of dissociatives, but we should not do so. It's the classic example of when expectations destroy something. Even if that something was even better than the expectations themselves (yet unexpected or different).

For instance, before MDMA was used recreationally, the concept of "empathogen" did not really exist. Not even Shulgin mentions the word "empathy" in his PIHKAL entry for MDMA. It was a new feeling, and people tried to force it inside an already existing category such as "stimulant" or "psychedelic". And yes, in a way it's both of those, but it's also more. MDMA is an empathogen.

The same thing happens with these powerful arylcyclohexylamines such as 3-MeO-PCP. We can fit them inside the "dissociative", "stimulant" or even "delirant" categories, but they just don't belong there. In the same way eugeroics are not stimulants, this is not just a dissociative.

It's time to invent new words to describe new concepts, instead of trying to fit new concepts in old drawers.

Last edited: