• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy 2C-X Comparison Thread

I've always found 2c-e to be the most gentle.

This is very uncommon! lol

2C-C is the most gentle in my opinion. 2C-I is pretty easy as well and I don't know many people who have had bad experiences with it.

This is very uncommon! lol

2C-C is the most gentle in my opinion. 2C-I is pretty easy as well and I don't know many people who have had bad experiences with it.

I guess I am an oddball then :)

Like I said the halogens never got along with me too well. However 2c-b is very lovely material.

I would say 2CI or 2CB aswell, for sure.

good starter dose for 2CI would be 15 mg. for 2CB it would be something like 12 mg, its been awhile for me with that chem though.

2CD is also very freindly. But it might disappoint. Personaly I loved it.

on second thoughts: just go for the 2CI =D it´s your best bet.

I would say 2CI or 2CB aswell, for sure.

good starter dose for 2CI would be 15 mg. for 2CB it would be something like 12 mg, its been awhile for me with that chem though.

2CD is also very freindly. But it might disappoint. Personaly I loved it.

on second thoughts: just go for the 2CI =D it´s your best bet.

I find 2ci more potent than 2cb at least at the <25 dose range.

I like the 15 mgs 2ci dose but I would without hesitation reccomend 20 mgs 2cb first dose.

I find 2ci more potent than 2cb at least at the <25 dose range.

I like the 15 mgs 2ci dose but I would without hesitation reccomend 20 mgs 2cb first dose.

I am much more experienced with 2ci than 2cb. I only once got 1/2 a gram of 2cb, And that was several years ago. 2ci I have taken loads of, though it also is getting awhile.

I think 20 mg of 2cb sounds like a little too much for a first time. But I might be wrong :\ well, Anyway, if it gets too much, the peak is quickly over anyway.

2ci and 2cb have totaly different dosage curves. Although being similar. so it´s really hard to compare dosages between the two.

I still put my vote on 2ci, to me it´s so much better than 2cb, which I find kind of generic and dull.

I find 2cb quite a bit easier on the body than 2ci and produce much more enjoyable and interesting effects personally and have never heard of anyone having trouble with 20 mgs. I've dosed a few at the dose for first trips. Regardless 'generic and dull' I think is unfair to attach to any of the 2c's keeping in mind it would be someones initial trip.

That being said 2cb is explicitly scheduled in some countries so may be difficult to come by and if 2ci is available its a quality experience as well.

I find 2cb quite a bit easier on the body than 2ci and produce much more enjoyable and interesting effects personally and have never heard of anyone having trouble with 20 mgs. I've dosed a few at the dose for first trips.

yes, Your right. As far as I remember (it´s been awhile) 2ci does have more bodyload than 2cb. I always get strong nausea coming up on 2ci.

actually I am changing my mind here. I do actually think that 2cb would be better for a first experience with psychedelics/2cX´s.

Regardless 'generic and dull' I think is unfair to attach to any of the 2c's keeping in mind it would be someones initial trip

Yes, of cause, your right. Also it was just my own experience. Of the 2c´s I have tried I just found 2cb a bit blah. But there´s loads of people who love it.
Thank god that we are all different :)

I would go for 2C-C or 2C-I.
2C-B is less favorable in my opinion, as it can be quite chaotic.
2C-D might be good in terms of intensity, but it is also prone to disappoint you because it is not very potent.

2C-C is probably your best bet, it gives you a chill and laughy trip in the lower dosage range (20-30 mg), once you top 35 mg's it's off with more visuals.
In our group, no one has ever experienced real body load issues with 2C-I btw, but I guess we're just lucky judging by the comments below.

Out of the 9 friends I know who I have tripped on 2C-C with, none of them have ever had anything less than a very fun, positive experience with it. It seems pretty predictable as far as psychedelics go. Just be sure to read up on the dosage information and take it orally - doesn't taste too bad anyway. I find Shulgin's dosage range of 20-40mg to be kind of conservative, but that's probably for the best. Start somewhere in that range, (depending on your weight, gender, sensitivity to other things), and if you feel like you want to go higher the next time, go ahead.

I've heard some great things about 2C-B as a first trip, it lacks the potential mental anguish of various other strong psychedelics. I personally only have experience with 2C-E of the 2Cs and it was my second psychedelic, it was definitely a good choice and just right for me, but I do not experience some of the negative side effects others do with 2C-E, e.g. nausea etc, so I think my experience might have been very different if I did.

It really depends on what you want from your trip. Do you want introspection and analytical thoughts? Do you want pretty visuals? Do you just want to have fun or are you looking for something more serious?

On all the other 2Cs it seems easy to get into weird thought patterns and confusing states of mind that can be off-putting to the virgin tripper, but 2C-I just always seems so clear-headed and "crystalline" it seems perfect, to me anyway. 2C-C and 2C-D seemed to me to give just a vague feeling of intoxication that could hardly be called "tripping", but that was probably just me being so used to these things. 2C-B I felt could get strange... everything seemed to become very flat an superficial, even my thoughts, I didnt care for it. 2C-E may be too intense for someone's first time. So in my mind that leaves 2C-I... it seems to have a thought-calming effect that actually averts feelings of freaking or panic, and does not shred the ego, so you are still you, but with an impression of what these things can do, making a good taking off basis for future explorations into other things.

Last edited:
I only had 2CE and its very clear headed, you won't feel fucked up like shrooms or forget your name, it will be like writing on water in comparison to paper, everything is just so clear.

I have no experience with getting people started with psychedelics, but I agree with Dwayne that 2C-B can get strange. I think this is really the most important aspect of these drugs though, and with 2C-B, if you choose/find the right dose, the duration of these effects can be very short. For example, one of the first times I tried it was at 15-16 mg and the typical psychedelic thought patterns were fairly mild and lasted maybe 1 hr max. But maybe I wouldn't even have recognised it if I hadn't known what to expect, or been distracted by other things.

I haven't tried any of the others, but if you want to avoid the weirdness while still giving something of a taste then MD(M)A is probably the best bet.

Generally, you're lighter halogenated 2c-x's tend to be the easiest on the mind. Though 2c-d in low doses is quite euphoric & not too deep, for most people anyway. If you're looking for a somewhat introspective trip, i'd recommend 2c-d, if they just want fun & visuals, then 2c-c, or 2c-b if you can find it. Many people seem to get introduced to 2c-i first as it seems to be the most common "in the wild" so to speak, but its duration can be off-putting for some. If i were to introduce someone to a 2c as a first psychedelic, i'd probably go with 2c-d. I might be a bit biased since it was my first, but the halogenated 2c's seem to totally lack the introspection & psychedelic thought patterns that are an integral part of an experience. If someone were introduced to psychedelics through 2c-c for example, then happened across some LSD thinking it would be more or less the same, they would be in for one hell of a ride.

I'm going to merge this with the main 2c-x comparison thread shortly so this info is easy for others to find.

Where is the "main 2c-x comparison thread"? I've been searching for some time and you can't use 2c or any of the 2c-b, 2c-e etc since the search terms are too short, so it's just clicking around and looking for it ...

Also while I'm here, what is the advantage of trying 2c-b over acid, if you're already familiar with acid and enjoy it? Is 2c-b a very different experience? (or 2c-e, 2c-i, etc.)

Acid is longer lasting and can be more of a mind trip, though 2c-e is more than capable of matching it's intensity. Many people feel the 2c's are less fluid, natural, and more chemical than LSD. This is especially true for 2c-b though it has the advantags of keeping clear headed, short duration and just crazy visuals. If you like LSD and are comfortable with pyschs I'd say go with 2c-i as a starter.

2C-I is a nice starter, but 2C-T-7 has some LSD/mescaline-like qualities too.
You could also try a soft combination of LSD with one of the 2C series.
It gives some extra to your acid trip, and if you don't overdo it you'll have the best of both worlds. :)

I would advice to start off with a normal dose of acid (150-200 mics max), with 12-14 mg of 2C-I or 8-10 mg of 2C-E.
Perhaps dose a bit lower if you're the steady explorer type. ;)

Where is the "main 2c-x comparison thread"? I've been searching for some time and you can't use 2c or any of the 2c-b, 2c-e etc since the search terms are too short, so it's just clicking around and looking for it ...

Also while I'm here, what is the advantage of trying 2c-b over acid, if you're already familiar with acid and enjoy it? Is 2c-b a very different experience? (or 2c-e, 2c-i, etc.)

If you hadnt experienced either I wouldn't say there is an advantage except a shorter duration maybe but it is pretty different. Some of it is dose dependent but 2cb is fairly sensual and leaves you clear headed. I find it less visual but less frantic than acid, it has qualities of MDMA and LSD but light on both ends and its a unique experience, not like a candyflip.

As someone else mentioned it feels less fluid, more artifical/synthetic but I feel I don't have to plan a whole day/weekend around taking it, it feels like less of an event than preparing for LSD but still very worthwhile. I tend to feel its less forced of an experience than most the other 2cx chemicals ive done, alot of the others give me some undesirable physical effects and headaches/hangovers post trip.

Last edited:
So far I've tried the following 2C-X's (C, I, E, T-2).

2C-I was a lot of fun and I had no negative bodyload or nausea. I had taken it with kratom so perhaps the kratom helped with that, and perhaps the kratom dulled the mind a little bit. I will have to evaluate further with 2C-I, but I'd say these are the key words involving 2C-I: stimulating and energetic with blurring, ghosting/freezing, colorful, and textured visulals. There was almost no depth, but that may have been partly because of the kratom. Very fun compound.

2C-E was a very full experience, and would definitely allow for introspective thought, although I knew I could redirect my energy away from introspection and towards socialization with other trippers if I try. Definitely need to explore this compound more. I'd describe 2C-E as: rich, equally mental and visual, profound. Visuals such as morphing, sliding, and shifting would be most accurate. Transient nausea on come-up existed as well as extreme time dilation and relatively long duration.

2C-T-2 had a long come-up and seemed like a lighter version of 2C-E (maybe it was the dose). Wish I tried this at a higher dose. Only did it once at 18-20mg. Can't say more, except that it seemed very interesting and unique. I liked the mind-space.

2C-C was done twice at 20mg and once at [40mg@T+0hr; 23mg@T+1hr; 12mg@T+1.5hr]. Disappointed in the lack of depth in this one along with the weak visuals. Decided to flush the rest of my chemical after the 75mg (total) trip barely resulted in a ++. I noticed sedation, like all I wanted to do was lay on my comfy bed and listen to music. Body high can be very good. Disregard erowid's dose chart if you are experienced. If I didn't stupidly flush mine I'd take 65mg next time. 40mg was an extremely weak ++, and redosing didn't do much. Will stay clear of this one for a while and give the higher acclaimed 2C-D a more thorough run.