• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy 2C-X Comparison Thread

I wouldn't call 2C-D bold or generic, although I can see why people call it generic!

To me 2C-D is the lightest psychedelic of them all. The psychedelic equivalent of a half pint of a clean summer lager. Not the kind of psychedelic to get to some great vantage on, or to fly to the moon. Instead, it's a comfortable little turnup to the sensory volume knob. IIME it shines best at 10-25mg dose range. At that dose it enhances the social, some colour and sound saturation, a bit of warmth and excitement - a hint of the flavours from mescaline and MDMA. Just really nice for that chill night out, hanging out with friends, warming up again on psychedelics if you've had a break, or introducing someone who's brand new to PDs and doesn't want to jump into the deep end. People say it's good at high doses too, but it seemed to me like it starts getting a bit discordant beyond 30mg, so I think I'll stick below that for now and go to something else when I want a real trip.

100mg+ for 2C-D - another drug which Shulgin got the dose wrong although he lists a 150mg but at 100 it starts to get great (personal opinion)
Forgot 2C-P - another pretty good drug. They all have offered something except 2C-I

2c-c is surely underdosed often but I think the same can be said with 2c-d. While with 2c-c a small dose gives you a taste of what's ahead I found that the character of 2c-d changes completely at the 40-50mg mark for me. It goes from being an extremely bland 2c-e lite experience to an extremely euphoric and recreational psychedelic. I did experiment with 'nootropic' doses but never too extensively as they didn't really impress me.

I didn't like 2C-I at all either. Very shallow plus not the nicest bodyload.

2C-B is ok, just tried it in a party environment years ago, and it was good for that. Not on my magic half dozen though...

2C-E is pretty amazing when you hit the right dose, but lacklustre on low dosage, which is just 4mg apart. I just have those 2 experiences though. Next one just around the corner.

I've got 2C-P in my stash, waiting list. I cannot keep really with my curiosity. I should like that one for what I read.

Would love to try 2C-T-7 but is ilegal in my country so too much hassle.

Sometimes I think of trying 2C-C and 2C-D, but I think I just would like a taste of those and not the minimum amount that you can get. As times goes I lose interest in soft psychedelics more and more. They are good for social trips and partying, and I don't trip in those contexts anymore.
Maybe it would be a good idea to have one of those for introductions to neophytes.

Last edited:
I wouldn't disregard 2c-c just because its somewhat softer, same with 2c-D. I love occasional heavy trips with stuff like 2c-e and LSD but also really like some psychedelics for a more guaranteed pleasant experience with stuff like 2c-c. Out of all 2c drugs I think I'd prefer to have a life time supply of 2c-c over others just because its so versatile and the duration allows me to have a short trip or use it in combination with something else for a longer and deeper experience. I treat 2c-d the same way although I have less experience with it so have less to say about it. Ive went through almost 3g of 2c-c over the past 4 years or so, a real gem in my eyes.

Yeah agreed about 2C-C, I ended up taking some to aid in music production last night, and it was really great, I also had a pretty intense and interesting revelation about the development of my entire personality. Really good stuff, better than 2C-B IMO. It can go fairly deep, not like 2C-E or tryptamine deep, but in that worldly/insightful phenethylamine way.

I also agree. 2CC seems like the psychedelic I was looking for to have a gente trip while having a beer with non-tripping friends. If I have the chance of ordering it I will try it in that environment.

I haven't tried 2C-C yet to compare, but I've found 2C-D to be the perfect for that occasion as well ^.

I haven't tried 2C-C yet to compare, but I've found 2C-D to be the perfect for that occasion as well ^.

2c-d has a little bit of a push to it I find. Not at all to the degree 2c-i or something like that does but it's certainly a lot more active for me. I think 2c-d is better for exploring or partying. It would be just fine for a chill evening with friends but 2c-c is really absolutely ideal for that. It's very warm and relaxing in a way that 2c-d isn't.

2C-E was my very first psychedelic (against the advice of my source) and boy was it quite an introduction. I had the time of my life, but man, what a trip, in every sense of the word. Music took on an entirely new meaning for me. I'll never forget my very first moment realizing that I was tripping, I was sitting outside at night with some friends (who weren't tripping) listening to a classic rock radio station on a clock radio stretched outside via extension cord, and the song Dog and Butterfly by Heart came on. I had my eyes closed and suddenly realized I was being transcended to a blue, green and purple alternate universe, just floating down a tubular river of geometric colors and patterns, feeling completely and totally ecstatic and serene... I've been trying to reach that place again for years, somewhat unsuccessfully, but it sure is fun trying. :)

There's something physical about the 2C-x's that draw this connection between my entire body and the music I'm listening to. It's like a full-body euphoria that MDMA could never dream of touching, it feels so pure and from the soul as opposed to chemically induced. Absolutely incredible.

Regarding comparison, I always felt like 2C-I was a slightly milder version of 2C-E, they were very similar. A low dose of 2C-I gave me an hours long panic attack one time which was unfortunate. 2C-E can be very uncomfortable on the body, sort of like an ever present anxiety in the gut, but once you get lost in the trip, it doesn't matter anymore because the visuals are out of this world. Visually, I would have to say LSD and 2C-E were very similar in my experience. I possess some 2C-B, but have yet to take it with Mrs. Stranger.

Sasha Shulgin (and his wife) pinned 2C-B as their without-question #1 favorite substance. Remember, this is the guy that not only synthesized nearly every psychoactive chemical we all know and love, but tested them on himself as well, and he says 2C-B is his hands-down favorite. 'nuff said!! =D

Yeah but most of us feel 2cb is kiddy stuff. I love it but compared to a "real" psychedelic drug, 2cb doesnt hold much.

I also agree. 2CC seems like the psychedelic I was looking for to have a gente trip while having a beer with non-tripping friends. If I have the chance of ordering it I will try it in that environment.
I've found it very good for this. Dose is everything though.

of the 2Cs I've only had 2c-E and 2c-P. The 2c-P I had to identify myself because it was given to me as "mescaline" (yes I am a magnet for misrepresented drugs, I like to imagine that the benevolence of the universe chooses me to do this to because it is aware I am responsible and able to handle it by taking the rational-logical approach, but that's sort of a contradiction isn't it? Assuming there is a benevolent force in the universe that nobody can see, which recognizes my strict logical nature.... I wonder how many people out there think they've tried mescaline when they actually took DOC or 2C-P, same goes with people thinking they've had MDMA when they've only had methylone or 5-mapb or some sort).

Both are 4-alkyl 2C compounds, so their effects are more similar to one another than I have read the halo-2Cs and thio-2Cs are to them. I remember that 2C-E was much more intense as far as visual alterations and synaesthesia goes, but that 2C-P was much longer-lasting and felt remarkably more similar to mescaline, with only having a digital aspect to it during the peak. Also I found that 2C-E wore off when it wore off, and had a more typical duration, somewhere between the durations of mushrooms and LSD. 2C-P lasted longer than mescaline normally does, and its positive-euphoric-psychedelic effects wore off several hours before its stimulant-annoyance enhancer effects wore off, leaving me feeling unable to sleep and anxious during the come down. Otherwise it seemed like an excellent and underrated drug. I did prefer 2C-E overall due to its sheer intensity, but found that I would be more likely to take 2C-P more often if I had a stash of it.

of the 2Cs I've only had 2c-E and 2c-P....
...2C-P was much longer-lasting and felt remarkably more similar to mescaline, with only having a digital aspect to it during the peak. 2C-P lasted longer than mescaline normally does, and its positive-euphoric-psychedelic effects wore off several hours before its stimulant-annoyance enhancer effects wore off, leaving me feeling unable to sleep and anxious during the come down. Otherwise it seemed like an excellent and underrated drug. I did prefer 2C-E overall due to its sheer intensity, but found that I would be more likely to take 2C-P more often if I had a stash of it.
^^^ I second the 2C-P. It is amazing when you take a bigger dose of it (if you're ok with a little body load that is), and it produces the most intricate visuals that last very long time for me. I wish it would be more available...8)

I have always found that 2C-B is perfect for daytime activities such as hikes. Gives you a bit of extra energy and really brings out the beauty and visuals whilst still being one of the only psychedelics where i feel comfortable and fully in control in public. Usually I dose between 20-30 mg. Don't really like it at raves, much prefer MDMA.

I agree with everyone else that 2C -E is much deeper and emotional experience with music being greatly intensified. I actually feel that its more emotionally deep than the LSD I have done, but not as intellectually deep.

How would you guys honestly compare 2C-I to these two? I've heard from others that its not worth it as it's neither as fun as 2C-B or as deep as 2C-E, kinda neither here nor there

A little presumptuous? What if I told you I took 2cb up to 100mg and still found it tame? Well, Id be lying as 36mg has been my max. But as you said yourself, 2cb is more on the fun side and not so serious so uh...we agree?

It's more on the fun side like al-lad/4-ho-met and you are underdosing.

Sasha Shulgin (and his wife) pinned 2C-B as their without-question #1 favorite substance. Remember, this is the guy that not only synthesized nearly every psychoactive chemical we all know and love, but tested them on himself as well, and he says 2C-B is his hands-down favorite. 'nuff said!! =D

Didn't Ann Shulgin say she might actually slightly prefer 2C-B-FLY? I'll have to dig around for that interview.
That said, she also later clarified that there is no single all-around "best" psychedelic that will do it for everyone.

Ann Shulgin never got anything positive out of DMT and Sasha didn't enjoy weed, yet that doesn't detract from the fact that many people find these compounds extremely valuable.

It's not just that the psychedelic experience is affected by one's set and setting, it's also that certain psychs work better with specific mindsets/personality types and settings than others.

2C-B, in general, might be ideal for someone looking for a relatively mellow social experience that lets them appreciate the beauty in the world; something like 2C-E would usually be better suited for someone looking for a more challenging experience that can be powerful enough to allow them to shatter their preconceived notions.

Last edited:
I'm a big fan of some of the lighter psychedelics, like 2C-D and AL-LAD, but I've always found 2C-B to be quite empty and plasticy. It's light in the wrong kind of way that I find it hard to put my finger on. I guess it has a lot to offer for many people though, of all the PiHKALs it must be the most famous. 2C-I seemed edgy, but I haven't explored it much. 2C-T-2 and 2C-T-7 seemed interesting, but I haven't explored those in any depth. I really wish I grabbed a stash of 2C-T-7 when I had the chance for that brief moment in time.

A little presumptuous? What if I told you I took 2cb up to 100mg and still found it tame? Well, Id be lying as 36mg has been my max. But as you said yourself, 2cb is more on the fun side and not so serious so uh...we agree?

I'd tell you that a) 2c-b isn't 2c-c so that's like saying since I've found a Ferrari boring to drive a BMW will suck too.

and b) Were you expecting something deep or fun?