• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy 2C-X Comparison Thread

2C-C has a shorter duration, less potency, often described as being not very visual, although this varies. Very dreamy..
2C-B is a bit less predictable and the effects can 'wave' sometimes. More bodyload issues. Potentially very euphoric, and 2C-B has the most beautiful visuals of the psychedelics I have done (2C-B,C,D,I,LSD)..

2C-C is less potent, I'd say it lasts shorter than 2C-B but Shulgin says longer, and it is very relaxing... and the sensation I get with 2C-C is that things get a photoshop effect that makes them metalic-lasered with cold blue and green color shades while 2C-B feels more fuzzy with warmer pastel color shades. But both can produce neon effects.

This describes my experience pretty well in terms of relaxation, colors, etc. I found that 2c-c lasted a bit longer than 2c-b though, and the comedown from 2c-b is more rapid and sudden. I got a lot of morphing with 2c-c whereas with 2c-b, my visual acuity was pretty much unchanged. The most important difference is that 2c-c has a bizarre sedative effect that can be rather disorientating at times. 2c-b makes me want to dace, or have sex, or go run around outside but with 2c-c, I can't even leave the couch.

In comparing 65mg of C with 20mg of B, I have to say I much prefer C.
But perhaps I just haven't explored B fully enough. I've done C many times, and I consider it my all-time favorite.
Both of them are about as easy as it comes on the mind. Especially B. It's almost like ecstasy where it forces you to be in a good mood.

imo, 2CB is more recreational, as in good for parties. it's more stimulating, and much more euphoric. Comes on quick, and has a sharp quick plateau.

2CC is more stoning/relaxing, and has a slightly longer duration with a more drawn out plateau.

How would you order the 2C-x series in terms of duration?

Here's my stab at it. I'm not completely confident on how the all order, especially with the 2C-T's:

2C-D < 2C-C < 2C-B < 2C-I < 2C-T-2 < 2C-T-7 < 2C-E < 2C-P

Feel free to add less common 2C's to the list.

Duration: 2C-D < 2C-C < 2C-T-2 < 2C-I < 2C-T-7 < 2C-E < 2C-T-4 < 2C-P

Preference: 2C-C < 2C-D < 2C-T-2 < 2C-I < 2C-E < 2C-P < 2C-T-7 < 2C-T-4

I haven't tried 2C-B, 2C-T-21 or the rarer ones. I have 2C-iP, though... I'll try it a few times at some point.

I prefer 2C-B over 2C-I (more experienced with the B)

I have many kind of trips on 2cb.
Some very freaked out ones, some with amazing visuals and some with great spirituality. I never know what to expect with this stuff :'), Setting seems to be a great factor (duh)

I second that Awesome Bump!
I just read this entire thread from start to finish. XD I learned so much.

I have previously only had experience with MDMA (about 13 times now?), just heard of 2C-B for the first time on a Dutch harm-reduction show a few months ago, and only this month learned that there is an entire 2C family! Whatdaya know!

I'm currently very inclined to try 2C-B as my first, simply because it's the one I've been able to find the most information about. But based on the replies to this thread, I might expand my exploration into 2C-I after that! Then maybe 2C-C and -E?

Wow, I forgot about this thread.

marta, you mention 2C-E. I will say that 2C-E is a MUCH more powerful and psychedelic substance than the others you mention (or indeed, any 2C-X I've tried). I place it as powerful as anything else. Most overwhelmingly intense and psychedelic trip I've ever had was on 18mg of it (I've taken 18mg other times and still had powerful experiences but one time it was really something else). 2C-E is really special, IMO. It can go SO deep.

This describes my experience pretty well in terms of relaxation, colors, etc. I found that 2c-c lasted a bit longer than 2c-b though, and the comedown from 2c-b is more rapid and sudden. I got a lot of morphing with 2c-c whereas with 2c-b, my visual acuity was pretty much unchanged. The most important difference is that 2c-c has a bizarre sedative effect that can be rather disorientating at times. 2c-b makes me want to dace, or have sex, or go run around outside but with 2c-c, I can't even leave the couch.

For me, 2C-C is more mentally psychedelic than 2C-B, and it lasts about the same amount of time. I am a bit more comfortable on 2C-B, for me it has absolutely no bodyload and it makes me feel pretty social and euphoric. 2C-C is a little less euphoric and social although still easy, and it's a bit edgier (although, again, very easygoing still). I also find that the visuals are crisper and more fractally, but much less colorful. Also the dose is really similar. My last time with 2C-C, I took 32mg, and had a pretty strong and great trip, and I need to take 35mg or more of 2C-B to really get fully in it. I've taken 40mg of 2C-C before and had an incomplete experience. But they seem relatively equal in potency to me.

I prefer 2C-C slightly.

In comparing 65mg of C with 20mg of B, I have to say I much prefer C.
But perhaps I just haven't explored B fully enough. I've done C many times, and I consider it my all-time favorite.
Both of them are about as easy as it comes on the mind. Especially B. It's almost like ecstasy where it forces you to be in a good mood.

65mg of 2C-C is way higher of a dose, comparatively, than 20mg of 2C-B. I barely get anywhere on 20mg of 2C-B, it seems pretty threshold for me. Whereas 65mg of 2C-C would have me floored I think, I've actually never taken it that high.

So, I've now tried 2C-B on several different occasions and can attest to what DutchBloke says about having very different experiences each time. I've always read what a huge impact setting and situation have on your experience, but it's something else to experience it firsthand.

My first experience was with a group of five close friends at my house. We each took 20 mg except for one who still didn't feel anything until he took another 10 mg upon which he had what he described as the same experiences as us. This was by far my favorite, with us sharing the same crazy, colorful visuals - mainly breathing, morphing, and some fractals - and the same extreme pleasure from trying different foods (we all ended up with diarrhea the next day from having eaten way too many different things and strange food combinations - LOL!). We tried going outside, but there was a cool breeze that made us uncomfortable and some of us got pretty paranoid that we were being watched. We enjoyed listening to music, but I had a lot of trouble focusing on it and couldn't even tell what song was playing most of the time. We all felt very giggly and giddy throughout the experience.

My second experience was with the same group of friends and the same dosages, but this time at one of our friend's homes. The come-up felt much faster this time, even though I had eaten a moderately-sized meal a few hours prior. I was the first to feel effects about 15 minutes after taking my dose. We had still laser lights turned on in a dark room and they'd begun to look like twinkling stars and appeared to float around on the ceiling. The floor boards in the living room also appeared to flow like water. This time we all had slightly different experiences and had a bit more trouble relating with each other. Food was still very enjoyable but not as extremely pleasurable as last time. We all shared an increased fascination with art and spent almost half an hour observing art works around the house. Three of the group claimed that they could see a panda sitting in one of the trees in a painting of a forest and that the trees appeared to sway in the wind. One friend, who usually finds art very boring, said it felt like each painting was speaking to him, and spent an extra half hour looking up different art works and analyzing what they might mean. The same feelings of giddiness permeated the experience as last time and there was a lot of giggling, but about two hours into the experience I began to feel somewhat depressed and like nobody in the group could truly understand me. I felt an intense sense of loneliness in the world despite being surrounded by my closest friends and had a strong urge to self-isolate. I first went to a bathroom, where the visuals became very intense. I spent some time watching the floor tiles, which appeared holographic and constantly changing in design. Then, I caught a glimpse of my face in the mirror and it scared me because it appeared deformed and I could not recognize it as my own. I then went outside with a couple of friends and the trip took a positive turn again as we spent some time rolling around in the grass, which felt incredibly soft, and watching the stars and airplanes.

Next, I got brave and tried the same 20 mg dose at a local music festival. At first, the experience was very pleasurable. It appeared to hit even faster and stronger than last time, with effects kicking in within 10 minutes. I felt giddy and energized, and spent about half an hour dancing non-stop to Ghastly. The effects continued to intensify and I could no longer pay attention to the music. It faded into background noise and I spent the rest of the set sitting at the sidelines simply observing my surroundings. The grass field appeared to flow and undulate like water, and the feet of those passing by appeared to sink into it. I found it very funny and could feel my face getting sore from nonstop smiling. The sun was particularly bright and brilliant, and the clouds were simply marvelous. My favorite part of the trip was lying down and watching the clouds flow, swirl, and morph into many beautiful shapes and patterns. Then, the confusion began to set in. I can barely remember the next couple of hours of the trip, only the distinct feeling of being outside of myself, my body not being mine, hearing people talk to me but not understanding what they were saying, and trying to touch my arms and poke my face with my glasses but finding the feeling very dull and numb. I became preoccupied with the thoughts of why I felt this way, why I couldn't understand what was happening around me, and how strange it all was. I kept repeating to myself that this is all due to the unfamiliar setting and that I should just ride it out, which helped avoid the onset of panic. The confusion wasn't unpleasant, but it wasn't fun either. At one point a friend brought me an ice cream cone and I remember staring at it for what seemed like an hour (but was probably only a few minutes) just wondering what this object was and what I was supposed to do with it, until my friend finally pushed my hand towards my mouth and talked me through how to eat it. After the peak of the experience finally waned, the confusion faded and I felt very very happy for it to be over. The trip returned to a similar feeling as the onset, and I spent the next hour enjoying the remainder of a Marshmello set (who I hadn't realized was already playing due to the confusion), just dancing nonstop and simultaneously watching the clouds. I decided that day that if I ever try 2C-B at a festival again, it would be at a lower dose than usual.

And that I finally did at EDC last weekend, with only 10 mg during the second half of the night. It gave me a light energy and mood boost, made the music seem louder and clearer, made lights and colors brighter, and gave me some mild breathing and flowing visuals. I didn't notice any changes in sociability and no confusion, though sometimes the increased loudness of the music became a bit overwhelming. It was an overall enjoyable trip.

Aaand, those are my experiences with 2C-B thus far that I just wanted to share with you all. :) Each trip has been pretty unique and it has been interesting observing the effects of different settings and situations on the trip. All experiences described were from the same batch, and the doses were measured out with a milligram scale. I am yet to try any other 2C's, but I will probably save 2C-E for much later in my journey thanks to Xorkoth's and other's comments on it.

I'm not sure which one I like more, they both shine for different reasons. 2C-B gets points for being fun, 2C-C lacks the fun aspect of 2C-B; its fair to say that both tend to be lackluster at lower dosages. On the other hand, low dosages of 2C-C are good for museum trips as it will give a smooth and steady effect in the lower dosages. 2C-B fails to give me a 'trip' below 20mg....it gives me an 'effect'. Regarding potency, I'd say 2C-C has about 2/3rd the potency of 2C-B. They both last around 6hr, but with 2C-C there is a latency in getting started....the peak doesn't come until the 3rd hour...2C-B is fully developed by the 2nd hour. I've had some powerful experiences with 36mg 2C-B, there were moments of utter profoundness....but just moments. A high dose 2C-C trip (60mg is the highest I've gone) is quite profound....surprisingly so.

2C-B feels amazing, such a clean clear high but 2C-C is utterly relaxing, 'intense' relaxation as Shulgin says. Not too many psychedelics have the relaxed distressing effect of 2C-C so........yeah I prefer 2C-C too.

I've taken 40mg of 2C-C before and had an incomplete experience. But they seem relatively equal in potency to me.

I prefer 2C-C slightly.

65mg of 2C-C is way higher of a dose, comparatively, than 20mg of 2C-B. I barely get anywhere on 20mg of 2C-B, it seems pretty threshold for me. Whereas 65mg of 2C-C would have me floored I think, I've actually never taken it that high.

Idk if it's been said already, 2c-c is underdosed a lot of the time... if you find it to be lacking you probably just didn't take enough. It's really weak compared to most other 2c-x and only really shines at high doses..... and it's pretty benign physically so you shouldn't have problems with bodyload at high doses (it's not 2c-e or something).

Had an amazing solid +++ experience from 15mg 2c-d followed by 25mg of 2c-b. Tried to write a trip report but ended up on a psychedelic binge of sorts due to having the free time and ideal setting, so I only have a first draft of day 1 of 3. Its the only experience that Ive was significant enough to write a trip report about, after 6 years of tripping. Intense euphoria, 3D holographic visuals, even experienced some crazy synchronised electrical problems as if some sort of force was toying with me. This was quite a shock to me at those doses because Iv'e been struggling to have a meaningful, visual trip for quite a while but this combo delivered it and more!

Really interesting, looking forward to your report headfuck123
How much time was there between when you dosed the 2c-d and the 2c-b? I wonder if 2c-d + 2c-c would be a similarly fruitful combo.

2C-B is fab - easy and fun but has a lot of grace. 2C-D is a bit bolder. 2C-C only been up to 70-80mg - strange one but good sort of serious - think I need a bit more. 2C-I worst of the lot shallow which should mean fun but it always makes me feel unpleasant, stimmed anxious. 10-15 not very nice trips at every dose range. impossible to enjoy for me. 2C-E Outright weird one. Deeper than the others (but not LSD deep - less intellectual) and can be wild and impressive but not a barrel of laughs/fun. Something of a bodyload. 2CT-7 felt stimmy and never really got off on it - maybe it would have got past the sharpness to something more interesting above 50mg (i think). 2CT-2 good and friendly. Rational and easy. Very functional. Strong body but not troublesome (been upto 34mg). 2CT-21; soft and wooly and easy going/functional. Not deep from what I had but quite pleasant. No ones mentioned 2CT-4; serious but very friend and elegant.

Last edited:
I wouldn't call 2C-D bold personally, I would call it a very generic 2C-X.

Because of shit that happened in general I am now pretty careful and am apprehensive about taking 2C-T-7 again although I loved it so much and only had good experiences with it. Probably because it has such an unpredictable dose-response relationship that it is difficult to dose which scares me a little. Irrational mostly, I don't think it's actually unsafe if you are reasonable with it.

Am seriously considering 2C-E next saturday... such a deep but transparent feeling drug mentally (reminds me of mesc and so does T-7 though the 2C-T's are really glowy as if an SRI is in the mix), a real chance of bodyload with 2C-E... I am feeling confident though because I am living in a more healthy way right now and know that you must use anxious energies and channel them through meditation / yogic exercises... so hopefully odds of bodyload are reduced.

I wouldn't call 2C-D bold or generic, although I can see why people call it generic!

To me 2C-D is the lightest psychedelic of them all. The psychedelic equivalent of a half pint of a clean summer lager. Not the kind of psychedelic to get to some great vantage on, or to fly to the moon. Instead, it's a comfortable little turnup to the sensory volume knob. IIME it shines best at 10-25mg dose range. At that dose it enhances the social, some colour and sound saturation, a bit of warmth and excitement - a hint of the flavours from mescaline and MDMA. Just really nice for that chill night out, hanging out with friends, warming up again on psychedelics if you've had a break, or introducing someone who's brand new to PDs and doesn't want to jump into the deep end. People say it's good at high doses too, but it seemed to me like it starts getting a bit discordant beyond 30mg, so I think I'll stick below that for now and go to something else when I want a real trip.

2C-E is super cool, and I'm looking forward to exploring it more. Because it has such a long shelf life, mine is shelved until I deplete stores of more fragile molecules. But I envision myself going deep with 2C-E into my late years.

2C-P was a surprise, and an epic material. My one proper trial with it was utterly lovely at a low dose of 4mg. Very relaxed, grounded, enhanced, social, warm. Lasted forever at over 12hrs of noticeable color saturation and effects, but no problem sleeping. I didn't think I'd like 2C-P, but turns out it's great. I'd keep doses low on this one since it's such a long lasting one.

I got some 2C-P and 2C-E recently. I never really properly tried 2C-P back in the day, but for me 2C-E is pretty much the most mentally/logically deep psychedelic I have ever tried, very unique and incredibly powerful. Looking forward to exploring it again, and also 2C-P.

I'd say this is how I'd describe all the 2C-Xs I've tried in a nutshell:

2C-B - The warmest and most easygoing of the "main" ones. Very visual and a bit empathogenic and quite euphoric, fuzzy-headed though. Great for combos.

2C-C - Really nice stuff, one of my favorites. It is visual and empathogenic similar to 2C-B, but the mindstate is deeper. Possibly more euphoric than 2C-B for me but probably because I feel sharper and more energetic.

2C-D - I only had a bit so I only tried "noootropic" dosages of 5-10mg. I liked it, but it was subtle. Haven't given it a "proper" try.

2C-E - Immensely powerful and variable, I have had euphoric recreational experiences as well as the most powerful and terrifying (but ultimately beautiful) ego death of my life on anything. It amplifies sound like nothing else I've experienced, it's very visual, very intellectual, and it has a pretty unique effect of causing intense synesthesia at high doses. Also more potent than any except 2C-P. Very special stuff, definitely my favorite as a psychedelic of all the 2C-Xs I've tried by far.

2C-I - I've had some fun times on it but it's my least favorite. It can be euphoric but it is stimmy and at higher dosages it makes me feel like I've gone insane (in a funhouse kind of way, but still a little unnerving and ultimately not worthwhile as a psychedelic). Quite visual though, lots of Aztec themes and it makes letters look like heiroglyphics, while I can still read them. Strange stuff.

2C-T-2 - Wonderful stuff, probably my second favorite. It reminds me of mescaline in many ways, very warm, good-natured, friendly with lots of real-world, useful and loving introspection. Quite euphoric too especially after the peak. Probably the most immediately useful in a self-improvement sort of way, I feel it would make a good drug for therapy like how one might use MDMA, but deeper than MDMA. I kicked myself out of a lingering period of depression and anxiety in 2005, shortly before I joined Bluelight, with 2C-T-2.

2C-T-7 - Never quite got there, even though one trip at 42mg produced worrying physical symptoms (vomiting for hours, overstimulation) and felt too strong. I wish I could experience the sort of experience that I have read about, but it's been a dud for me.

2C-T-21 - Really nice but subtle stuff, not really fully psychedelic at least at dosages up to 12mg. It's potent and quite euphoric, extremely functional and sociable. Just good-natured stuff, nothing groundbreaking but entirely pleasant. I'd get it again if it was available.

Last edited:
Really interesting, looking forward to your report headfuck123
How much time was there between when you dosed the 2c-d and the 2c-b? I wonder if 2c-d + 2c-c would be a similarly fruitful combo.

Id say about 15 - 30 minutes between doses. I took the 2c-d intending to add a nice spring to my step for a sunny walk with the dogs. Arrived home in a great mood with free time so had some 2cb. The trip was so successful I ended up trying to push it further, completely disregarding tolerance and wasting drugs. Ald-52, Acid, MDMA, 2c-c, 4aco-dmt, alcohol and more 2c-b where all thrown into the mix over the following 48 hours which is why this trip report is going to be difficult to write. 8)