• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Phenethylamines The Big & Dandy 2C-E Thread - ver. 3.0

Do you have a particularly high tolerance to 2C-x?

I don't know man, I find 20mg really strong, and there's no break at all. I feel that 14-16mg is where it's best and allows to make most of the headspace. It's really very potent, and it has a very steep dosage-response curve.
It's also important to mention that some people are very prone to throwing up a lot (and I really mean a lot, a friend of mine was sick for the whole duration of the trip, no problems with nausea on shrooms, 2C-B and LSD) on 2C-E, 20mg effects on top of that would for sure be unpleasant.

That said, if you're willing to take that risk and trip hard, you'll probably come out fine, I would just compromise and take like 17mg or something. Do let know how it eventually went, top tier stuff :)

Do you have a particularly high tolerance to 2C-x?

I don't know man, I find 20mg really strong, and there's no break at all. I feel that 14-16mg is where it's best and allows to make most of the headspace. It's really very potent, and it has a very steep dosage-response curve.
It's also important to mention that some people are very prone to throwing up a lot (and I really mean a lot, a friend of mine was sick for the whole duration of the trip, no problems with nausea on shrooms, 2C-B and LSD) on 2C-E, 20mg effects on top of that would for sure be unpleasant.

That said, if you're willing to take that risk and trip hard, you'll probably come out fine, I would just compromise and take like 17mg or something. Do let know how it eventually went, top tier stuff :)
Thanks for the quick response I'll give 17mg a go next time I've got a full free day to trip.

Wondering if darkness effects the trips intensity or is it equally good for day tripping?

I do seem to have an iron stomach so hopefully I don't get bombarded with it. Can't remember the last time something made me throw up uncontrollably.

^ I've used it during the day and night and like it a lot in both settings. I'm more of a night tripper in general though, and I find it well suited for night tripping. But I wouldn't hesitate to take it during the day

I like it for night tripping tbh, last year I tripped a lot on it and I always spent most of my trips quite deep in a forest at some good spots. Then I had a scary trip on 25mg and some unsuitable music and didn't do that for many months. The only problem with tripping on it at night is the duration, and it fights off fatigue but not like a DOx, I just mainly like the silence and sereness of the night :)

I would keep the option to move around and go somewhere open, sitting inside could make the bodyload more pronounced. It might take some time or even trips to really get to terms with it, it did for me at least, but once you do the bodyload/high fits the experience great.

Last edited:
@couldbesojs
I am one of those who require higher doses of 2ce (2c's in general tbh).
But I think starting low and increasing slowly is a good idea, as is mentioned the dose response curve is steep. Especially once you reach the critical point in the curve for yourself.

As for day or night, Ive had deep trips, at the same dose both day and night

2c-e was one of the first RCs i took when i started my "RC career" 5 years ago. the three of us each took 12mg. at the end of the night we were so freaked out we dumped the remaining 224mg down the toilet. we immediately regretted it upon awakening the next day.

Yea i agree 2ce is a pretty freaky substance for me everything I looked at looked like it had been made by the myans everything was circular or hexagons I was crazy insane lol n when the wind blew it sounded like a train was rushing by me also the last hour and a half were really crazy i wasn't able to speak like my mind was thinking faster then I could talk so I litterally kept stuttering i had to write out my thoughts wich I could barely even do id havta rethink the same thought over n over to be abl r to write it

2ce and shrooms are my favorite psych drugs

2ce I would refer to as an intense psychedelic when it comes to intensity

Shrooms are a normal psychedelic when it comes to intensity

This trip was on 36mg truthfully I wish i had an unlimited supply of 2ce

The only thing that coulda interacted with the 2ce to make me loose my speech was maybe the fact I take lithium carbonate

I was reading an old big and dandy lately, and I really don't get those very high dose 2C-E trippers, it's not like it's 3 people taking 40mg and more, there's like so many of them, it must affect people quite differently.

I was reading an old big and dandy lately, and I really don't get those very high dose 2C-E trippers, it's not like it's 3 people taking 40mg and more, there's like so many of them, it must affect people quite differently.

Definitely does. 35 mg and Im not nearly as impressed as some of the reports Ive read at much lower doses - as the side effects (nausea, body load, etc) become more prevalent and overtake the positives. Ive only tried one batch, albeit a fair few times (>15), but my friends get off significantly ie "travelling across dimensions" (their words not mine) from half as much (15 mg).

Yep some people seem to be very insensitive to 2C-E and find it more euphoric/easygoing than the people who find it to be extremely potent. Ever since 2C-E came on the scene, it's had split reports like that.

I wonder how visual 2C-E is for you guys, I've read of many people saying that it's like the most visual 2C-x and one of the most visual psychedelics in general. I never found it thát visual myself, there's a lot of morphing regardless but it's not like your whole fov is warping around, in a way the visuals maybe feel like more of an extension of the headspace.
I find 2C-B definitely more visual, probably 2C-P too, just something I've been walking around with for a while :)

I've had Persian Carpet visuals crawling over one of my girlfriends skin while I was fucking her, powerful OEV's. On the majority of the trips over 30mgs I'd go on these like mental journeys during the peak where I would feel like I was somewhere else with closed eyes. This one comes to mind where I was in a desert surrounded by all these cacti it was wild. I've always found it a Euphoric drug sometimes I'd puke on the comeup but after that its smooth sailing. But yeah the visuals are stunning, but so are those of other 2C-x when you start pushing dosages.

2c-e is extremely visual for me and I personally find the visuals to be VERY similar to regular LSD.
In fact, I find 2c-e to sort of reminds of "dirty acid" I had taken as a teenager. It has a similar body load and gives me the same neck/back tension that I also get from lsd...I think it's by far the most like acid of the 2c-x series that I've tried. But yeah super visual for me anyways even at a light dose.

2C-E is extremely visual for me, too. In fact it greatly alters all of my senses, it's profoundly altering on the perception of sound as well. I remember on my first 18mg trip, I was watching TV for part of it from across the room, and I couldn't tell at all what was happening... it seemed like there was a blue alien shouting guttural curses in some strange language, and the sound of it was flanging in and out. I got closer to try to see what was happening and the closer I got, the more clearly I could see what was actually happening. Turns out it was the pope giving a speech. :LOL: On that trip, too, every surface was multicolored fractals that I got sucked into when I looked into them. And eyes closed with music produced incredibly vivid, fractal alien landscapes, probably the strongest CEVs I've ever had.

My second 18mg trip was the most powerful psychedelic experience of my life, a total ego annihilation, past oneness and into the void. The visuals there were as strong as anthing I've ever had on DMT, but very different. At one point near the apex where I became a one-dimensional point of awareness in infinite nothingness, I started to see my possible future moments spreading out before me, I saw them all at once, overlapping, like I could either step to the left, or to the right, or backwards, or stay still, or move my arm, etc etc. These started to branch out before me, and also behind me (in time I mean), possible moments that could have been right before the current moment. At that level it wasn't so much just visuals, it was a total sensory melding experience, it went beyond visuals.

That was the last time I have taken 18mg of 2C-E, it was one of the best and most profound trips of my life but it was actually extremely terrifying at the time.

The last time I took it, I took either 10mg or 12mg and went on a hike, every surface was crawling with patterns, sort of like the persian rug effect of 2C-B but much less colorful, and there were also large-scale perspective shifts (like my entire field of vision would move as a whole or ripple at the same time as individual surfaces were crawling). I had moments of sublime euphoria later in that trip but the first part and the peak were largely plagued by anxiety because we kept having to pass people and I had no idea how to behave and was extremely self-conscious (this is a common thing for me with 2C-E). later in the trip I kept having this euphoric rushes that start at my feet and rise through my body and come out the top of my head, that made me feel like I was about to rise out of my body, those were awesome.

The halogenated 2C-Xs like -B, -C and -I all are very visual, but it's in a different way, it's just a visual feast of colorful patterns. 2C-E is more organic in its visuals, it does remind me of LSD's visuals but I find it far more visual than LSD.

2C-E is also very visual for me, and I agree on the audio distortions. You know how psychedelics sometimes make your vision more "crisp"? I feel like 2C-E does the same to hearing, every sound can be heard separately and clearly, but at the same time it adds a lot of echoing noises and auditory hallucinations. I keep hearing mental melodies and strong sound-to-thought synesthesia on it. It also gives me the most music enhancement of almost any substance.

Yeah I totally agree about the hearing crispness, one time I was on 12mg and went out on my deck at night in the summer. There were thousands of tree frogs and insects making the summer jungle sounds, and I felt that I could pinpoint exactly where all of them were coming from all at once, it was wild, I had a mental map of everything moving and making noise in all directions.

Funny you mention this because when I'd given my Sister a bit of 2C-E for the first time one of the things she got most excited about was how she could hear all of the birds singing while she was in the shower. Her expression was that of a person completely ecstatic about everything and anything, she loved the Visuals and Kaleidoscopic and Geometric Patterns.

Remember her getting stuck on them forming on the white ceiling of my room while we smoked Cannabis and listened to Freelance Whales. Was on a hefty dose of 2C-T-7 myself and saw plenty of rainbow's bubbling up from the scenery in a state of bliss, that drug is also something magical and once you move past the purge it transforms into an all encompassing euphoria that is similar to Mescaline in it's own way but much more Swirly and Mindfuckery going on than with Cacti.

Tho I do have alot of love for Mescaline....all three of the drugs I mentioned are in my top ten psychedelics I'd venture to say. I'd say that 2C-E is the most close to my heart tho and I've taken it about a bajillion times and feel that's nowhere near enough. Would like to have some given to me in an intramuscular injection on my deathbed in conjunction with some Methoxetamine and 4-AcO-DMT in the following ratio.

85mgs ~ Methoxetamine

16mgs ~ 4-AcO-DMT

12mgs ~ 2C-E

Excuse me while I kiss the sky!!!

I've definitely noticed and loved the sonic enhancement of 2C-E too. It really gives you that High-Definition 3D enhanced hearing mode. The sounds of leaves blowing in the wind is another amazing sonic experience I've enjoyed. Sometimes you get dry leaves rattling around in the air currents making the most mind-tickling sounds. Palmettos are really interesting to, the big leaves catch the wind and flip back and forth making delightful sounds. And of course music listening..

@Cosmic Charlie really interesting to hear your passion for 2C-E. I've mostly shelved mine basically because I know it's probably going to store forever without degrading, so I've still only sampled it maybe 5-8 times. But I super look forward to exploring it as the years go by, it's been one of my faves as well for sure.

What are the 3 you are referring to? 2C-E 2C-T-7 and mescaline?

Yeah, I've only taken it like 4 times because it's always so intense and mind shattering, but it's for sure one of the greatest psychedelics. Haven't had it for quite a while now, looking forward to trying it again when/if the time is right !

Funny you mention this because when I'd given my Sister a bit of 2C-E for the first time one of the things she got most excited about was how she could hear all of the birds singing while she was in the shower. Her expression was that of a person completely ecstatic about everything and anything, she loved the Visuals and Kaleidoscopic and Geometric Patterns.

Remember her getting stuck on them forming on the white ceiling of my room while we smoked Cannabis and listened to Freelance Whales. Was on a hefty dose of 2C-T-7 myself and saw plenty of rainbow's bubbling up from the scenery in a state of bliss, that drug is also something magical and once you move past the purge it transforms into an all encompassing euphoria that is similar to Mescaline in it's own way but much more Swirly and Mindfuckery going on than with Cacti.

Tho I do have alot of love for Mescaline....all three of the drugs I mentioned are in my top ten psychedelics I'd venture to say. I'd say that 2C-E is the most close to my heart tho and I've taken it about a bajillion times and feel that's nowhere near enough. Would like to have some given to me in an intramuscular injection on my deathbed in conjunction with some Methoxetamine and 4-AcO-DMT in the following ratio.

85mgs ~ Methoxetamine

16mgs ~ 4-AcO-DMT

12mgs ~ 2C-E

Excuse me while I kiss the sky!!!

My deathbed request would be

300mg ketamine I'm injection
2ce 50mg
And 65mg oxy iv

Shit id go all out

What are the 3 you are referring to? 2C-E 2C-T-7 and mescaline?

Yes, those are my three favorite Phenethylamines.

With 2C-E being the most important drug I ever took my Avatar was drawn while I was on it and I'd say more than half my entire lifes artwork was directly inspired by that particular drug. I'd say I'd eaten it at least fifty times but possibly eighty who knows I go thru periods where I'll trip twice a week for a few years. It's such a powerful mind expansion tool it's hard for words to do a thing like that justice. Stuff is pretty much one of the classics IMO alongside LSD, DMT, Mushrooms and Etc...