• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☛ Official ☚ The Big & Dandy βK-2C-B Thread - Part 1

from what I've gathered this doesn't seem to be worth much, have yet to try any but I'm def. gonna wait for more positive reports before testing.

Personally I don't think it sounds as good as good ole 2C-B. I mean, I really enjoy 2C-B's duration and it's special kind of stimulation, why mess with that?. I don't hear the bk bringing anything needed to the party, so to speak.

Will be trying some tonight, around 110mgs parachuted in a rolling paper or two. I'll write up a report tomorrow when I have time.

Edit: Also does anyone know if taking it with something acidic would reduce the chance of having a bunk dose?

Last edited:
This feels quite random in effects, last time I tried, the effects were definitely noticeable and nice, this time 200mg (125 first, 75mg few h later) produced much less in terms of effects (also side effects).
Was from the same source so I doubt quality was a problem.

But when it does work, it is quite nice.

So I'm back after doing my 120mg dose on new years eve and I have to say I'm pretty disappointed. Parachuted the dose at about 9pm with a tiny bit of water and some magnesium as well as some green tea extract. Start to feel something in about an hour (I now attribute this to placebo) thinking I'm coming up I settle in to let the drug go through its paces. I got about 2/3 through the first Hobbit movie before realizing that the effects never got any stronger from when I first felt the come-up, had a twinge of nausea but nothing major. I decided to smoke some cannabis as this has triggered psychedelics for me before in the past. Got much higher then normal but still no major effects to speak of. So I finished my movie and smoked another bowl, now I'm starting to get some slight breathing and some pattern recognition but that was it. Fast forward 3 or 4 hours and the effect profile hasn't changed, no decrease or increase of effects. I was up until about 6am where I managed to get a terrible sleep for a few hours and awaken to a migraine. No after-glow of any kind just a slight depression after having a failed experiment. It may be worth noting that I ate a light meal 3.5 hours before ingesting the bk-2c-b.

I'll try a dose of 130mg in a couple weeks and if I get the same experience I'll be flushing the rest, a shame really as I've never tried 2cb and was hoping this one could have given me similar effects.

130 is only 1/12 larger than 120, maybe 150 would be a nice amount to try next. :)

Yeah I realize that but I've seen people recommend 100mg for a starting dose and I went higher then that, I don't want to have it work with 150mg and end up tripping much harder then I intended to.

To those of you having mediocre or non-existent trips: are you parachuting your doses? And to those who put it in capsules first, how was the experience? I'm wondering if there's a trend here. I have some of this that I'm waiting for a good time to test out (decided against it last week because of possible cross tolerance).

Also, what's the vasoconstriction like, if any?

I think encapusling this substance is the only way to achieve most of the effects.

I don't think it's that simple. First time I tried it (Friday the 20th if my math is right) I just had the powder in a small plastic container, mixed with a bit of cider and drank. Worked fine. Next time (Saturday the 21st) it was the same except that I mixed with some thing else (coke? tea? don't really remember) I also tried insulating a small amount of it to see if it's really that painful (yes it is). Both doses were around 125mg and both times it worked fine.

Third time it was 140mg on NYE in the same plastic container, also mixed with cider before drinking. Didn't really work, re dosed ~75mg (filled the baggy with what was left with juice and drank, baggy was originally 500mg, three 140mg doses were taken out, so about 75mg left) a few h later, still nothing. Now there's two theories I have other than it just not working every time. First one is that the next day when I checked the plastic containers there was still some powder left + we spilled a little while mixing, so the actual dose could have been much lower than 140mg. Second one is that we also drank some alcohol on NYE and that could have masked the effects (but than, we didn't drink all that much 0.7l of some 40% liquor for 3 people spread over 4h.

Guess I'll have to try it again some day....

Has anyone tried lower doses - say 30-50mg with any beneficial effects? I have some but really don't want a drawn out experience, or one that interferes with my day off too significantly?

Thanks Mela, I had allergy tested about 5-10mg nasally and found it well beyond the tolerable pain of railing larger amounts of EPH. Capsules or gel-caps for me I think.

Has anyone tried lower doses - say 30-50mg with any beneficial effects? I have some but really don't want a drawn out experience, or one that interferes with my day off too significantly?

I've tried 30, 40 and 75mg, all gelcapped and on an empty stomach with a few days in between.

For me, these doses all had a minor effect on me, but nothing I'd say was particularly beneficial. But then I'm after visuals, so I expect I need to go over 100mg to get them.

Thanks sartorius, I'm looking for a creative kind of push, if that makes sense!

Were those doses functional? Could you go outside for example/interact with people?

I have had problematic experiences on 20-25 mg of 2CB in the past and not keen to repeat.

At those doses, interaction was no problem for me, although I do tend to need higher than average doses for most things.

I would describe the 75mg dose as feeling just below the threshold in that I thought I might be on the verge of getting some visuals but they just didn't quite get there. I was going to go with 100mg for my next try with a 25mg redose ready if visuals aren't apparent after an hour or two. Duration of the lower doses was still a solid 4-5 hours.

Good to know the dosing ranges, thanks.
With 2CB I found that I got this kind of primordial, overwhelming fear/sense of panic on the come-up. I'm not the bravest of souls though and no desire to frequent regular glances into the nihilistic shitstorm 8(

Last edited:
To those of you having mediocre or non-existent trips: are you parachuting your doses? And to those who put it in capsules first, how was the experience? I'm wondering if there's a trend here. I have some of this that I'm waiting for a good time to test out (decided against it last week because of possible cross tolerance).

Also, what's the vasoconstriction like, if any?

When I did my dose it was parachuted in a single plain rolling paper and downed with a small amount of water. My next experiment will be 130-140mg in a capsule on a completely empty stomach.

As for vasoconstriction I suffer from chronic migraines and the bk-2-cb definitely triggered one on the comedown, similar to other vasoconstricting drugs I've tried. I took 400mg advil 2x at separate intervals during the experience and it seemed to eliminate any of the body discomfort that I had had.

After bombing 100mg about 5 hours ago, plus a redose of 25mg about 2.5 hours in, I too am coming to the conclusion this substance can be pushed a lot harder. I probably would have taken it up to at least 150mg today, but I need to stay relatively sober due to family commitments later.

125mg of BK-2C-B is having a similar effect on me as roughly 70-80mg of AMT, but the bodyload I get with the AMT has been much worse.

I monitor my blood pressure, body temperature and heart rate during trips and so far BK-2C-B has been a lot kinder to my system. Today, my BP has actually fallen from onset to peak and it's at my normal level as I type this. Pulse hasn't risen at all. Temperature is normal. No vasoconstriction symptoms to speak of.

I'm having a very relaxing, pleasant time, all things considered. I could interact with the world around me if I had to, but can also drift off to somewhere else if the feeling takes me.

Pretty mild OEVs at this level, which is slightly disappointing for me, but possibly the 150-175mg level for me could be a sweet spot and that's what I'd try next.

Yes. I'm using powder in gel caps. Have to say, I'm now 7.5 hours in and thought the visuals had ended, but looking at my monitor it's all started going wobbly again, so looks like a longer trip than I expected!

I'm off to stare at a couple of objects I use to establish if OEVs are still present... :)

ETA: Yes, definitely a bit of a roller coaster, this one today. Not that long ago, felt like I was coming down. Little or no visuals and pupils had got back to almost normal diameter. Now they're dilated again and OEVs have returned solidly.

Last edited: