• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big and Dandy DPT Thread V1 (Archive 10-3-03 - 5-13-08)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just had the opportunity to try dpt last night. I had insufflated it at 50 mg(jesus was a big line, material wise) , on the tail end of a 2C-C trip that had been fun, but a little too low-dose for the interests yesterday. So my friend offered some DPT and I avidly said yes, hearing all the hooplah and whatnot. The effect for me was visually like a really strong trip of acid (peak was only like 30 mins long tho), tho mentally UNLIKE acid or mushrooms or salvia (the three i have experience with). I constantly felt the need to freeze in whatever random position i would find myself in; I wasn't as tense as i CAN be on some acid, and also it wasn't as introspective a trip. Felt nauseous almost immiediately after doing the line and ran to the bathroom to puke. It was then the trip came on, and fast. Specifically, the first thing i saw was my puke in all these cool patterns(don't you love it when that happens haha)

Anyway, in summary, I would recommend this dose to anyone with prior knowledge and experience with psychedelics, and of course with a stable set and setting -- oh damn, did it fuck up my sinuses....the next day too. If you have sinus problems, this stuff may irritate them a bit.

I can attest to DPT's lasting humbling power. I am still in the process of integrating my last trip (posted here in february, I believe).

samadhi_smiles said:
will do commander! Indole away!!!! :)
I love these spontaneous over-the-top posts of your's samadhi_smiles.

Just searched for the funniest one I could remember. From the blindsight phenomena thread:
" Parallels are being bridged, chasms are being filled, the THING is awakening!!!

ROARRRRR!!!!!"

Going to try this one with ketamine soon, intramuscularly. It takes me 75mg insufflated to k-hole (with the s isomer, which is supposedly a bit more potent than the racemic).

I've never had either ketamine or DPT, intramuscularly. I want to trip very hard.

I was thinking 55mg K +55mg DPT IM. Suggestions?

^ You mean you've never tried DPT before?

I really, REALLY, suggest you try DPT on its own first. I consider Ketamine and DPT the two drugs I am most experienced with, and I was SHOCKED at how different their effects are when combined.

Ps. I think 55mg DPT is a bit low even in combination with K if you honesty want to "trip hard" ;)
[EDIT: Nasal dose. IM, it is more than plenty]

Last edited:
^Really? 55mg of DPT IM on its own is enough to put me in the +++ range almost every time, and that's factoring in the wild variability in potentcy the same dose has for me (sometimes 25mg feels like 50 and vise versa). Plus samadhi_smiles is a fairly small guy; I think he said his weight was around 120lbs somewhere.

Samadhi_smiles, consider using psilocin, which you've already done, with ketamine first. Both at the same time IM. I can't talk up this combo enough. I've done it while taking hits of freebase DPT as well--which is a good way to get a taste of DPT without much of a commitment--and though it is very nice, DPT, or even DMT (IM), do not have as radical a synergistic effect in combination with ketamine as psilocin does, for me. If you want to trip hard--salvia-like hard in some cases--this combo's the ticket there. I've found it's important to already be tripping, at least lightly, on psilocin (for me it's usually 11mg orally or 8 insufflated) prior to injecting the psilo/ket solution (6mg/50mg, but I'm sensitive to ketamine for a 170 pounder), so that the IM psilocin onset is less stimulating and can more quickly be incorporated into the already established trip. Also, I think using a route of administration with a faster onset on top of the same psychedelic taken orally affects the qualitative nature of the overall trip in more elaborate ways than the same relative addition via a slower route. Though keep a freebase hit of DPT bedside if you're still feeling up to it.

samadhi_smiles said:
Going to try this one with ketamine soon, intramuscularly. It takes me 75mg insufflated to k-hole (with the s isomer, which is supposedly a bit more potent than the racemic).

I've never had either ketamine or DPT, intramuscularly. I want to trip very hard.

I was thinking 55mg K +55mg DPT IM. Suggestions?

Trip report with almost exactly the same starting conditions here

50mg IM if DPT was enough to completely blow me away with ketamine

Jamshyd said:
Ps. I think 55mg DPT is a bit low even in combination with K if you honesty want to "trip hard" ;)

Considering your report on 90 mg DPT + 60 mg K insufflated, I don't think you'd recommend going too far above 55 mg IM, correct?

It's starts off, "Holy fuck!" Followed by, "I don't remember 90% of what happened for the next hour." Keep in mind that was insufflated, not IM. I guess it depends on what Samadhi's idea of tripping hard is, but I can't imagine he had an experience like this in mind. Yikes! ;) :D :D

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?p=4817674&highlight=DPT#post4817674

I'm really looking forward to trying the combo sometime in the future, especially after my recent soul-shaking experience. I feel like I need to go back there, to the DPT world, and set things right. :D I think a good IM dose for me would be somewhere along the lines of 60 mg DPT, 60 mg K (I'm about 170 lbs BTW). ;)

Last edited:
Oh DPT how I love Thee... I used to post here under the name "john mason" not sure if anyone remembers me... I can't get my old account working and no mods will help me with it :(

But DPT is absolutely the holy grail of psychedelics as far as I am concerned - at least out of the ones I have tried, which is a lot.

There is just something about that state of being (the DPT space) that gets me EVERY SINGLE TIME. No matter what. It's just so elusive, the "edge" is so present, and the character of the DPT is so distinctive.

To be honest, it seems almost as if DPT is a person, or an entity, and for the period when I am "tripping" I have simply been let into his realm to chill for a bit. Just as a visitor. I I knew him pretty damn well about 3 years ago but sadly I have not had a meeting in quite some time.

I think it is time to become re-aqquainted soon...

Hmm I took 50+ mgs ( howls of outrage ~ no scales tsk tsk) well u know after a while one 'can' estimate pretty well, enough of that anyway ~ i took around 60mgs ( intranasally) and got decent effects but certainly wasn't floored , though I feel the difference between nice and smashed is probably quite a small margin with DPT.

DPT + K is deep deep

Oh, not for me. 30mg IM is plenty for a +3, though I've gone as high as 60mg IM. The highest amount of DPT that I've used with ketamine was 45mg....which was plenty. Even 20mg of DPT with ketamine does it for me.

Last edited:
Good to know, MGS. I tend to not need as much as some on this board, despite tripping almost every weekend. :|

Jamshyd, I've tried DPT, smoked, rectally, and nasally. It wasn't great either nasally or rectally (although I didn't push the dosages), but vaporizing it freaking BLEW me away. I have this whole great story I tell about that trip, it was uhm AMAZING.

After the amazing part, I stood up and looked in the mirror and noticed my body and saw it as a withering corpse like figure, with sunken in eyes, etc. Very VERY VERY scary. In fact the scariest sight I've ever seen on a psych.

I love the chemical though, it is generally very very positive trip, like 5-MeO-DMT and DMT is.

I'll think about it a little while longer. The next one up anyways is 2 hits of really potent LSD with a big line of ketamine during the peak.

Smoking of the HCl salt seems to work very well for me.

A screen of ash is covered in a few grains of DPT HCl at a time (3-4mg) and a lighter is held over the bowl not allowing the flame to get near the crystals. With suction, heated air is brought through the crystal and it vaporizes into a slightly sweet, not too cloudy vapor. Repeating until a great tryptamine buzz comes on is a matter of lather, rinse, repeat. =D

I have successfully vapourised what I had thought was HCl but it melted and vapourised just like freebase, in my vapouriser. I imagined that the total package of effects might ease off ala smoked DMT, but the physical energy is still their a good hour after the dose. The famous respect for this stuff seems warranted to me. See my journal for todays little trip. . .

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/journal.php?do=showjournal&j=1402

Isn't DPT freebase supposed to be an oily substance? ie certainly distinguishable from the HCl powder.

Anyway, nice side-activity for doing laundry mate. Do you know the amount you smoked?

I weighed about 60mgs (My scales are probably dicey so give or take 6mg.) If it is, as you suggest Hcl then I see no problem vaping. Laundry completed despite some residual energy.

Really clean DPT freebase forms waxy crystals. Less pure DPT freebase is an oil. Both are certainly distinguishable from the hcl salt, which is a course powder.

The hcl is smokable, but most of it burns up as it doesn't vaporize as easily/smoothly as the base. You are probably wasting far more than smoking with the hcl. Definitely convert to the base for smoking.

MGS

Recept said:
Isn't DPT freebase supposed to be an oily substance? ie certainly distinguishable from the HCl powder.

Anyway, nice side-activity for doing laundry mate. Do you know the amount you smoked?

I was left with a dark viscous liquid product in the bulb afterwards.

ACK!! Sorry, I somehow thought the 55mg for DPT would be nasal. Yes, for IM it will be plenty!!

I edited the main post. That was bad.

Ha I consumed some DPT last night. <3 The result was rather wonderful. I ended up dancing 8o ( or an approximation therof) around my house for a while . Then I took some more and began to think about Cheshire cats, I kinda became this cat & was horrified at the idea of killing things. So being somewhat stumped as to what to do about this and looking for a way out of murdering countless mice etc to stay alive, I chanced upon the idea of Floraterian cat ( that is a cat that eats only flowers) :) I was (mindseye) walking through a meadow, it was beautifully warm & sunny, and occassionaly ( with great delight) biting the heads of these massive daisies to sustain myself.:D :D
However then I began to consider the feelings of the daisies and whether they were actually suffering in some way intangible to me 8) :D ( Floraterian cat) then I just realised how absurd the whole thing was becoming and laughed a lot. It was great! =D =D =D =D =D

Status
Not open for further replies.