• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big and Dandy DPT Thread V1 (Archive 10-3-03 - 5-13-08)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried it twice... both times it was sheer panic... and I vowed never to touch it again.

The panic was so bad, in fact, that it carried over to my first and second times with DMT.

What was there to fear? I have a theory about 5-MeO-DMT...but my theory will make me sound "elitist." But the only people who experience fear with 5-MeO-DMT are those who fear themselves....if one truly loves oneself and accepts all aspects of who they are...there will be no fear with 5-MeO-DMT...only bliss. Because 5-MeO-DMT ultimately strips us of all the bullshit and takes us down to our most basic element...and some people are scared of what they see, reject it, and fight. Then the 5-MeO-DMT kicks their ass.

I've shared 5-MeO-DMT with four or five people, and it always lead to a +4. That is why I consider it the best psychedelic there is. Maybe I am way off base in your case...but that is my experience

MagickalKat777 said:
5-MeO-DMT was only one thing to me. Pure fear. Nothing else.

I hate snorting chems too man... but I had my left lung collapse not even a month ago... I really shouldn't be smoking anything lol

Yeah you shared that idea with me.

Unfortunately, I don't ever see myself getting to a point where I'll truely love myself.

But I should also note... that there were extenuating circumstances involved... like him telling me it was ___mg when he really had no clue.

But even still, it wasn't like I smoked the whole bowl... and honestly 5-DMT tastes MUCH worse than DMT...

Really? Not for me. It actually tastes like "grapey" incense. DMT on the other hand, tasted like plastic.

I agree it tastes, and smells, like grape something. I find DMT vapour much harder to smoke than 5-MeO-DMT, you have to inhale so much in comparison

Wow you guys are the first to agree with me on the grape notion. Crazy.

But yeah, I hate grape anything... unless its the real thing. I'd rather smoke plastic. I know, I'm weird, lol.

I tried this one earlier tonight at 70mg IM. My first intramuscular injection with this chemical, and IM in general.

I proceed and inject 70mg in 50 units into my left thigh (in my vastus lateralis). I expect the come on to be more instantaneous, but it took 4-5 anxious minutes to notice any effects. I first notice the visuals creeping in on me, my visual snow becoming more complex/pronounced. Then the wonderful body high set in. It built over the next probably 30 minutes or so, peaked briefly, and I was back on my way down. I'd say it lasted around 1.5 hours in total, from injection to being mostly come down. It's really a ride up and ride down with this route.

I found this to be quite different than my other 2 experiences, both insufflated. To be expected I guess, but it really turned out for the better. Before the nasal congestion basically killed any positive effects, or made them less pleasurable. Now I wont have to worry about that.. And truth be told, I kind of liked sticking myself with the needle 8o

Now that I've found a much better ROA, I think it's time to try pushing the dosage with this one.. I feel more comfortable 'breaking through' with this one over DMT/5-MeO-DMT (at this point at least).

I apologize if this is a stupid question, but what sort of interaction would you expect between DPT and an ssri like zoloft?

^^I wouldn't expect too much of an interaction. You might be slightly less sensitive to the substance, but you can titrate up the dose to a comfortable level.

In my book, DPT takes the cake for the most mind-blowing psychedelic ... at higher doses it ceases to be "enjoyable" in the usual sense of the word, but provides possibly the most fascinating state of consciousness I've ever experienced. Start low, and if you are struggling with depression, perhaps you should seriously consider if it is worth putting your mind through such an experience.

I recently tried DPT ... the sheer intensity was overwhelming. The night consisted of 20 mg AMT IM, followed by 40 mg DPT IM @ T+4:00. The first dose of DPT was outstanding and not threatening in any way … I felt the need to dance like never before! =D However, less than an hour later I took another 60 mg IM thinking that the first dose may have started to subside ... oh was I wrong!!!

The next two hours are best described as a mind-melting blend of utter beauty and horror. The experience was immensely fascinating, but has left me feeling that I need an extended break from all drugs. I need a few months to really grasp everything that happened that night and try to integrate as much of the experience as possible. I fear that if I ignore and try to forget the experience there will be some psychological repercussions. DPT has humbled me! It truly is a powerful sacrament.

DPT has humbled me! It truly is a powerful sacrament.

ya it does that everytime for me.
I have ALOT of DPT and never feel the need to use it more than 3 times a year.

Yeah I feel like the 850 or so mg more that I have will last quite some time!!!!

But, its going to be good when I need it!!!! And sometimes this boy needs a spankin'!!!!

Dondante said:
^^I wouldn't expect too much of an interaction. You might be slightly less sensitive to the substance, but you can titrate up the dose to a comfortable level.

In my book, DPT takes the cake for the most mind-blowing psychedelic ... at higher doses it ceases to be "enjoyable" in the usual sense of the word, but provides possibly the most fascinating state of consciousness I've ever experienced. Start low, and if you are struggling with depression, perhaps you should seriously consider if it is worth putting your mind through such an experience.

I recently tried DPT ... the sheer intensity was overwhelming. The night consisted of 20 mg AMT IM, followed by 40 mg DPT IM @ T+4:00. The first dose of DPT was outstanding and not threatening in any way … I felt the need to dance like never before! =D However, less than an hour later I took another 60 mg IM thinking that the first dose may have started to subside ... oh was I wrong!!!

The next two hours are best described as a mind-melting blend of utter beauty and horror. The experience was immensely fascinating, but has left me feeling that I need an extended break from all drugs. I need a few months to really grasp everything that happened that night and try to integrate as much of the experience as possible. I fear that if I ignore and try to forget the experience there will be some psychological repercussions. DPT has humbled me! It truly is a powerful sacrament.

Glad you finally tried DPT, and with aMT no less. This is among the best combos I've ever experienced. However 50mgs is the most DPT (IM) I've ever used in conjunction with 20mg of aMT hcl (IM); I usually opt for just 25mg. Sorry to hear about the nausea you posted about in the aMT thread. Did you use freebase converted to a salt or did yours originally come as the hcl? Did you stagger the IM aMT doses over an hour? I've never had body issues with the hcl or with staggered doses.

Edit: If anything, I've notice the aMT extends DPT's duration. Users be advised.

You're taking a break from drugs at the beginning of summer? Terrible timing! But I understand. Good luck, but I'm intrigued to know about the kind of trip you think might cause psychological repercussions if you ignore it. Personal I assume, but if not write a report and post it, it'll be cathartic.

psood0nym said:
Did you use freebase converted to a salt or did yours originally come as the hcl? Did you stagger the IM aMT doses over an hour? I've never had body issues with the hcl or with staggered doses.

Edit: If anything, I've notice the aMT extends DPT's duration. Users be advised.

I used citric acid to get the AMT freebase to go into solution and took it in two 10 mg doses spaced 30 minutes apart. The nausea was worse the day after oddly enough. Skydiving had something to do with it. Once the chute opened we may have done a few too many spirals. 8( I didn't sleep until 12 hours after the first AMT dose, and my pupils were still somewhat dilated when I got up at T+15:00. The effects of DPT were apparent for at least 5 hours after the second dose. It was a bit more than I'd bargained for.

You're taking a break from drugs at the beginning of summer? Terrible timing! But I understand. Good luck, but I'm intrigued to know about the kind of trip you think might cause psychological repercussions if you ignore it. Personal I assume, but if not write a report and post it, it'll be cathartic.

Ha! ;) :p

Well, I usually don't like to use psychedelics more than once a month anyway, but I'd used them 3 times in just over 3 weeks. I'm sure I'll trip again this summer, but I'm going to take at least a month to do other things ... read, travel, see family, etc. ... it'll give me time to integrate aspects of the trip as well.

The experience left me feeling a bit drained and a lot confused. I felt like there were many parallels with this incredible DPT experience report ... http://www.erowid.org/experiences/exp.php?ID=30698.

In short, as DPT proceeded to it deconstruct my sense of reality, it unremorsefully rejected, one by one, every core value I held dear. It showed me that any search for truth or meaning would ultimately prove fruitless. I kept trying to envision the pantheistic notion of "Deus sive Natura," which I am inclined to believe is true, but DPT seemed to say, "You pitiful being, you will never understand." I tried find the light, since my consciousness seemed to be teetering on the edge of the nondual, but I only found darkness; I felt very alone.

So when I say psychological repercussions, I mean that I need to reorient myself after being put through this mental meat grinder. I need to pick up the pieces and discern the hallucinations from genuine introspection. DPT gave me a lucid look at my deepest fears, faults, and insecurities. My knee-jerk reaction was to just sweep it all back under the carpet, but I think this experience could be very therapeutic if I take the time to reflect. I have come to the conclusion that DPT is probably this ruthless to any human at such a dose, and it was not any particular abreaction in me. Still, every recent trip seemed to be a reaffirmation of or building upon my spiritual/philosophical beliefs, but this experience seemed to discredit everything I thought I knew. It's important to note that this post focuses on the dark aspects of the trip. There were some moments of beauty as well.

Dondante said:
my consciousness seemed to be teetering on the edge of the nondual
Strange how this edge is where so much that's so different seems to happen isn't it? My first experience of ego death was with DPT; the three subsequent times on different substances have gotten slightly easier. I've taken numerous strategies to deal with the repurcussions of these and experiences similar to what you've described.

The two that are most easy to tell of are qualified acceptance and denial. In the former, I put my faith in the wisdom of the deconstruction itself; cogently demonstrating against 25 years of instinct and socialization is no idle task, what is the under girding of wisdom capable of that? In such a reality hope, and an understanding our place within it, may require time we simply don't have, to fully develop. In the latter I take an opposite approach and draw analogies to dreams, where impressions about complex realities can be imported whole and complete into my belief without my questioning these impressions. For example, I may have the impression in a dream that many days have past over the real time period of a night. However, there is strong evidence that the "content density" of our dreams and waking lives is not substantially different, which means that the sense of time in dreams is not due to actual dream events, thoughts, and actions all actually passing through the mind in full representation, but that our sense of time and our sense of the quantity of content in our dreams is an illusion put over on our temporarily "disabled" minds. Likewise, feelings of profundity or fear, or the ignorance and loose judgment that naturally comes with a brand new perspective, or any of the other manifold effects of psychedelics, may simply import, all or in part, a mere impression of total meaninglessness that we believe, and will even rationalize to be true, because it's felt so strongly, even if it's an impression that actually has no real substance.

Beyond this, unless you took very clear notes during it (and how could you have), scrutinizing the experience will be difficult due to the fuzzy recall associated with such experiences anyways (think of dubious eye witness reports of sober people). So ignoring it, at least in what you "remember" to be its fine details--whose precisely accurate recall may be integral to the integrity of the experience's whole message--may in fact be a very sensible reaction. That's for you to decide though.

Edit: Thanks for linking to that report on Erowid, I hadn't seen it. I wish all reports could be at least half as perceptive as that one.

Last edited:
It is a fantastic report ... some of the commentary is so similar to what I experienced, it's eerie. I enjoyed your AMT + DPT report as well ... I always do.

Does anybody want to come out of the woodwork or the woods or where-ever you stay to talk about their IV DPT experience?

I ache for an intense psychedelic trip....and I've decided on IV DPT or IV 5-MeO-DMT.

I was thinking about with DPT starting off at 20mg and with 5-MeO-DMT starting off at 2-3mg.

Do you have an IV DPT story!!!???

I've pondered about IV DPT. Even told myself long ago it would be the first chem that I would IV. I've since come to re-think that. As it sits I have just enough for my two planned IM experiences, 90mg and 100mg respectively. I'll have to get some more before I can IV any, and I have to make sure to get enough to convert to freebase and try smoking it!

samadhi_smiles said:
Does anybody want to come out of the woodwork or the woods or where-ever you stay to talk about their IV DPT experience?

I ache for an intense psychedelic trip....and I've decided on IV DPT or IV 5-MeO-DMT.

I was thinking about with DPT starting off at 20mg and with 5-MeO-DMT starting off at 2-3mg.

Do you have an IV DPT story!!!???
if you want an intence psychedelic experience then try ~120mgof DMT 30min after 5 grams of rue.

Look out for the shadow people who come inbetween the shuddering colors, they'll take you to the rainbow land!!!!

or eat all 10 gels on some rue with some DMT blasts when eevr you need it.

I mentioned earlier that I have IV'ed DPT once at 19mg in the other thread about DPT but i guess i could give a more descriptive report in here.

It was about last year march.
woke up one morning and cecided to IV 19mg of DPT.
I had only one previous expierence with DPT before this and it was a 40mg IM.

I stuck the needle in my arm and then registered...saw he blood squirt in. I was a little scared, because I have IV ketamine numeruous times and was expected an instant BAM!!!
So i pushed down after 1 sec of hesistation and felt it within 1-3 secs.
It wasnt really that powerful surprisngling. The visuals were alot less than my 40mg IM injection.

I look at it this way. A chemical will take you to certain levels at certain dosages. esp psychedelics.
IV takes you there faster and quicker and IM takes about 2-8min.
SO a 19mg IV of DPT is really on 19mg of DPT in your bloodstream. didnt take me that far.....
40 mg IM took a little longer to comeup but eventually 40mg of DPT was in my bloodstream which is more than double than 19.

That is whay afte probably over a hundred IM/IV psychedelic trips i always choose IM. It takes you more out there as you are getting more into your bloodstream and is smoother, but at the same time POWERFUL compared to oral.
PM me if you have anymore info on details

Status
Not open for further replies.