• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big and Dandy Basic Mescaline/Cactus Questions Thread (Archive 3-19-07 - 4-12-08)

Status
Not open for further replies.
^the 2-3 day thing may take into account the ENTIRE religious experience.. from the first day of fasting to the very end..

and you've got to remember as well that the native americans defiantly don't hold the same viewpoint of "tripping" as you and me.. i say "tripping" because even though a native's cacti experience may die down in the visual aspect after 10-12hrs, they might still view the next 24hr as still part of this wholesome experience.. just because one might not still feel the cacti doesn't mean their quest is over, the cactus experience could only just be the beginning..

fasting for an extended period of time should also greatly effect one's conscious, add this to a 12hr experience and you too would defiantly still feel a bit altered though the cactus is well and gone

Mesculine drug tests

Hello, A certrain friend X has some dried San Pedro Cactus and was wondering what is the best way to prepare it? He has looked online but many methods seem to lead him astray... Can he just grind it up and eat it?

Also how long does mesculine stay in ones systems for? And do people test for it?

Manyyy thanks!:)

to my knowledge it is not tested for, but I wonder if some of the other metabolites and chemicals in san pedro may show up for a false positive for amphetamines?

willmuse said:
Hello, A certrain friend X has some dried San Pedro Cactus and was wondering what is the best way to prepare it? He has looked online but many methods seem to lead him astray... Can he just grind it up and eat it?

Not unless he is tastebudless and has the stomach of rhino. I learned this the hard way gag yuck... Check out the big and dandy cactus thread, lots of info there.

First, it's mescaline. And second, I haven't ever heard of it showing up on a drug test. That doesn't mean it couldn't though.

Last edited:
Merged in a question about mescaline and drug tests.

erowid says mescaline is not tested for and can be detected in urine for up to 4 days. it doesn't say anything about false positives though.

San Pedro Mutations

lookin around on the internets i randomly stumbled into these pictures:

Mutant San Pedros
mutation2-1.jpg

mutation1.jpg

anyone ever seen one of these in real life? quite an interesting looking cactus, i'd love to have one

Last edited:
nealcassady said:
lookin around on the internets i randomly stumbled into these pictures:

Mutant San Pedros
mutation2-1.jpg

mutation1.jpg

anyone ever seen one of these in real life? quite an interesting looking cactus, i'd love to have one
That is like the coolest looking cactus I've ever seen.

Peyote...

So... yes i know hard its to find a source for this around where im at.. but hey i ran into one... They are selling ( 4 yearold 3-4 cm) buttons...

How many of these would you need per person?

I would plan on cutting them in slices, putting them in my dehydrator... and than turning them into powder and than putting them in Pills... But im lost on how many i would...

I don't know how to answer the dosage question, I'm not familiar with figuring out potency, but the capsule idea works. Turn it into a powder in a coffee grinder, and fill them. It still produces some nausea, so drink water with them.

XperienceMe said:
So... yes i know hard its to find a source for this around where im at.. but hey i ran into one... They are selling ( 4 yearold 3-4 cm) buttons...

How many of these would you need per person?

I don't think they would work - unless you took maybe 40 or 50. The younger the peyote is the less mescaline it contains. K Trout said that 10 year old is the minimum before they contain much mescaline - preferably you need 15-20 year olds.

I think I've read reports about something around 10 grams of powder for a recreational dose, but I also know in ritual some practices call for anywhere between 20-30 buttons over the course of the night.

LSDreamer said:
So what accounts for the Native American reports of 2-3 days? These reports are from a good 500 or so years ago.

IMO mescaline has the longest lasting 'after glow' or HPPD type after effects more so than any other psychedelic i've tried. I also noticed (after consuming 6-8 feet of san pedro within 3 or 4 months) that after each time i took it, the after effects lasted longer.

It could just be that i had some mild HPPD, or maybe if you do it alot it becomes harder for your body to metabolize. Another thought could be that it (probably) takes your body a while to break down all that raw plant material, so as you digest it, you slowly release more mescaline? maybe?

I don't have any data to back it up, but thats just my theory after eating plenty of cacti. :)

LSDreamer said:
So what accounts for the Native American reports of 2-3 days? These reports are from a good 500 or so years ago.

Probably mis-translation. The spanish never took too much effort to understand what the indians were telling them and the indians were reluctant to tell them the truth once they started burning them for taking peyote.

Unless you're confusing the peyote "ceremony" with the peyote "trip" - preparing the tent and water takes a day, and they take time the day after to give thanks. But the peyote trip itself just lasts a single night.

I recently had my first real experience with San Pedro, it was a lot of preperation but it was worth it. Next time I plan to double the dose, I split 2 feet with my girl and only got mild visuals but had a great time

Is it peruvian or san pedro?

Hi all.

I did some research on how those cactuses should look like. I found some cactus in my local flower store that seems to be either Trichocereus Peruvianus or Trichocereus pachanoi (San pedro) though I think it is T. Peruvian.

I have experience with Psilocybe semilanceata so I know somehow what effects I should expect from a phsycadelic cactus. Well i did try this cactus with no effect at all. I know that I should consume more than I did, but I think I should have found at least something from this dose.

Now my questions are... Is this 100% for sure the right cactus? Is my method of boiling the cactus not right?

I took all the needles and the transparent layer of the cactus.
I chopped it up.
I put it in a small pot with 200ml of lemon juice and 400ml of water.
I boiled it at low temprature for 3.5 hours.

It was slimy thick stuff in the end and I let it drain through cloth and threw away the "stuff" and drank the mixture.

Please only those of you that are 100% sure comment on the cactus brand. I'll put some images.

P.s. The cactus is about 20cm in height and I used two of those on my drink.

Regards....

http://i32.tinypic.com/2h51z4n.jpg
http://i25.tinypic.com/2q0j3lv.jpg
http://i32.tinypic.com/v5hkcn.jpg
http://i26.tinypic.com/vi2kvs.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.