• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big and Dandy Basic Mescaline/Cactus Questions Thread (Archive 3-19-07 - 4-12-08)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The nausea from tricho cacti is well worth the experience it provides...

Newmoonrecord said:
seriously. I think your body releases a lot of endorphins after you puke, because I usually feel this extreme glow, and the nausea and body load usually evaporates.

QFT

automaticmojo said:
i'm planning on buying one pretty soon. basically i'm worried about the nausea/vomiting... i recently took some hawaiian baby woodrose and puked my ass off with mild to moderate nausea.how do the woodrose compare to cacti? do cacti produce more nausea? is the experience still worth it even though theres nausea?

LSA seeds have been a lot worse than mesc cacti in terms of nausea for me but I will experiment with the pure forms of both in the future. I expect that pure lsa will give less nausea than pure mescaline.

automaticmojo said:
^ are you talking about concentrating it by boiling it down, or are you talking about a mescaline extraction....please show me a link on how to do it.

the only method I've used is where you cut it up into little pieces or use a blender, then soak it in acetone for up to a week or so then filter and soak the remaining plant matter in some more acetone then filter and then take the acetone with dissolved plant stuff and let the acetone evaporate off. then scrape up the resin, put it in some gelcaps if you want then eat it.

I've never gotten nausea with this method. but I also have yet to take a large dose and don't usually get sick on psychedelics, so ymmv

Merged in Tricho brigdesii question....imo, the nasuea is worth it; I actually don't find it that bad....I've had worse nausea off LSD, but I have a weak and frightened little stomach at times. If you perform the alhohol extraction listed somewhere in this thread, then you will certainly minimise nausea.

can anyone comment on the possibility of a freeze precipitation using the alcohol extract?

i had some solids form, but it may have been water content from the ethanol i used.

would the mescaline remain in the solution at low temps or would it fall out? would any of the waxes or other plant stuff fall out?

and then take the acetone with dissolved plant stuff and let the acetone evaporate off.

Does that work? I though most mescaline salts were insoluble in acetone, hence the acetone wash to remove gunk in some extraction teks.

I don't agree with the nausea being characteristic of mescaline thing, TMA up to 200mg never produced much nausea for me, no more that any other phen anyway. I bet gulping down cactus slime is horrific!

Colors, you might be able to crystallise it from an alcohol extract, it depends how clean it is. What does it look like if you evaporate the alcohol? Powdery or slimy? Try washing the residue with (dry) acetone, should dissolve most of the gunk that would have been extracted by the alcohol. With luck you'll have some almost white powder sat at the bottom of the acetone.

It doesn't seem worth it though, just do straight to base into naphtha, and extract into dilute sulphuric acid, concentrate and crystallise (if you want nice crystals), or dilute HCl and evaporate if you're not bothered with big crystals.

i had some solids form, but it may have been water content from the ethanol i used.

would the mescaline remain in the solution at low temps or would it fall out? would any of the waxes or other plant stuff fall out?

If its more than i guess 50% alcohol it shouldn't freeze in a freezer. The mescaline will crystallise if it's concentrated enough, cold enough and there's not too much other crap in there. What did it look like?

Last edited:
dorothyperkins said:
Colors, you might be able to crystallise it from an alcohol extract, it depends how clean it is. What does it look like if you evaporate the alcohol? Powdery or slimy? Try washing the residue with (dry) acetone, should dissolve most of the gunk that would have been extracted by the alcohol. With luck you'll have some almost white powder sat at the bottom of the acetone.

It doesn't seem worth it though, just do straight to base into naphtha, and extract into dilute sulphuric acid, concentrate and crystallise (if you want nice crystals), or dilute HCl and evaporate if you're not bothered with big crystals.

If its more than i guess 50% alcohol it shouldn't freeze in a freezer. The mescaline will crystallise if it's concentrated enough, cold enough and there's not too much other crap in there. What did it look like?

extract was very gooey. the frozen solids were like typical water ice flakes and they dissolved when the solution was agitated. might try the acetone wash. will try the full extraction in the future. thx!

If you're going to try the acetone wash, add some HCl to make it fairly acidic before you evaporate the alcohol if you can. I wouldn't count on salts of organic acids not being soluble in acetone.

Both goo and acetone should probably be as dry as possible to make sure nothing dissolves that you don't want to. And bear in mind acetone absorbs water vapour from the air. Maybe its not that important with mescaline, but i've seen a phen HCl salt mostly dissolve in hot, not particularly dry acetone, heated in the open air.

The Big and Dandy Basic Mescaline/Cactus Questions Thread (Brand New!!)

Your numerically challenged fellow here needs some mathematical help from friends...

How many individual buttons on avarage would constitute, say, a gram of dried peyote?

I know this is a stupid question, but I couldn't for the life of me figure it out. I know there is variation between button sizes, so an avarage would be more than enough...

Thanks in advance! :)

Jammy, you know where to pst this sunshine ;) Anyway, I could not tell you; bar the fact that an 'average' peyote button should yield about 20mg of mescaline~ which is not helpful to you at all. But a gram dried would most likely yield a fair bit of mescaline; it is in highish concentrations.

I don't know if I could eat buttons. they take so long to grow plus they are endangered. But, I feel it would be a mescaline experience par none. I am currently beggining to grow peyote, so I'll speak to you in 4-5 years about it. :D If you find out, post it here- the wieght that is.

Remember da big n dandee threads jammy :) <3

Erm, oops.. haha. Fixed.

Thanks for the info though, sweethears ;) <3

Hey,

I am thinking about trying san pedro cactus, and would like to know what you people think of it. I havnt really tried any psychedelics besides salvia and dxm, and am wanting to expand on my psychedelics experiences.

Would you recommend it as a good psychedelic ?

what sort of effects do you get off of it, colours or hallucinations of shit that looks real etc? any info on experiences would be good(imma start reading experiences on erowid aswell)

also: The place i was thinking of getting the pedro, it comes 'dried'. Here:

'SIZEs 500 LENGTH X 270 ROUND, 500 x 200, 300 x 180, 300 x 240.
All pieces have been dried and are ready for planting out'

xooyec.jpg

How much of this would i have to eat(from that pic as example)? And does it matter that its dried?

Last edited:
if you're getting it dried you should only get the outer green part, you don't need to eat the inside white part.... and if it's all dry i imagine it very difficult to separate

mescaline cactus are nice. a true psychedelic that is quite clear minded.

if you find only the green part dried 15-20g should allready be a good starting dose depending on cactus alcaloid content

ya i have read preparations etc and i am going to cut it into stars about an inch or so thick, then cut off the skin and cut the core out of each one. Then just blend/chop up and boil for a few hours, strain, then down the goop.

Any problems with this preparation?

Oh and if they say its 'dried' will this effect anything? how dry, like BONE DRY? i dont understand this, they say you can re-plant them, but i dont understand how if there dry. Sorry, i dont know much about cactus'.

My advice is just to prepare the smallest amount you can and see how far you get with drinking the goop. If you don't start gipping and vomiting after the first sip then go ahead with a full preparation.

What are peoples prefered method of cactus ingestion?
Dried cactus chips? cactus goop? eating raw cactus, etc?

And on that note.
Which cactus?
peruvian torch, san pedro, brigesii, etc?

I prefer the dried layer of green flesh of P. Torch in chip form because it's been the most potent in my experience, has some at least some assurance of authenticity, and is easiest to store. If it's powdered the vendor could easily include parts of the cactus body and reduce potency. If it's fresh it's a pain in the ass. I just put the chips in a blender and powder them that way. Then I stuff it in caps and eat it over an hour or so after an MAOI (never caused problems...well, any more problems then the cactus alone).

I wish mescaline extraction was as easy as DMT extraction.

I concur about the peruvian torch... it's also my favorite. But to be fair I have not tried brigesii. Ah, I can't wait until mky next mescaline excursion. Actually just now the song I listened to during the perfect peak of my last mescaline journey just came on. I suppose that means that I should do it this spring in the mountains like I was thinking at that point.

:) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.