• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big and Dandy Basic Mescaline/Cactus Questions Thread (Archive 3-19-07 - 4-12-08)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xorkoth

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome, psychedelic adventurers and novices alike!

I have created this thread with the intention of providing a new place for basic mescaline/mescaline-containing cactus questions to be asked and answered. This, I hope, will cut down on the sometimes very large influx of new threads started by mostly new members who have questions about where to start with mescaline/mescaline-containing cactus.

From now on, please refer to this thread with any basic questions you have about mescaline/mescaline-containing cactus, and please feel free to post in here about the topic as much as you'd like! In the future, new threads started asking these questions will be closed and directed to this thread, or merged with this thread if they haven't been covered yet.

Enjoy! ;)

*ONLINE EDITION OF ALDOUS HUXLEYS "The Doors of Perception*

Last edited by a moderator:
best extraction?

What's the best extraction tek? What's the easiest? How easy is it to get ahold of the chemicals required for the extractions?

Easiest extraction is:

1. Blender cactus
2. Boil with lots of citric acid; filter out the mush and wash with lots of water with more citric acid.
3. boil this down until it's small enough to drink

Time taken: not more than 2.5 hours.

It tastes vile, but the taste goes away quickly, and let's be honest here, will you really care in an hour?

The Hoff Bomb said:
How does mescaline compare to LSD and 2c-substances

It's not much like LSD at all. it shares some similarities to the 2C-X class of drugs as they are chemically similar, but it is also quite different from them. Mescaline is a little hard to explain. It's extremel;y warm and earthy and natural-feeling. It's also quite spiritual, but not in the same analytical way as LSD. it seems to focus on beauty and light and pastel colors. Visuals don't really develop much until higher doses, which I have yet to experience. But people mostly report the visuals as breathing, shape changing, and pastel blobs of color, rather than intricate patterning and fractallizing.

could someone create a mescaline effects list (positive, negative, neutral) in the erowid style sense? there isn't any effects vault for mescaline on erowid.

I have a question, can anyone pointme in a direction to the other active alkaloids in the various mescaline cacti and what effects they have alone? and possibly what effects the concentrations of these alkaloids in regaurds to time of year, age, and soil/light conditions.

Visually, 420 mg mescaline hcl reminded me of a very light 2C-D or 2C-E dose. There was a glow to everything ... this was emphasized by hiking along a trail following a beautiful stream. CEVs were later noticed in the dark.

The state of mind was very comfortable and lucid. I could have interacted with people and maintained a relatively sober façade. The best part was a sense of profundity and weightiness in the air ... like everything in existance was trying to reach out and let itself be known. Mescaline was the softest and friendliest chemical I've had that still had all the elements of a great psychedelic. This is, however, only one experience. If I try it again, I may push the envelop with the 600 - 700 mg range.

will freezing fresh cactus work as well as a hard boil? one erowid tek suggests freezing then throwing it in a blender with water and straining . . . anyone ever compared the two methods? I froze and then boiled to be safe, but I'm still curious.

The taste doesnt seem so bad, esp after wormwood tea 8)

also, is the cactus / maoi combination safe, or not? I had read in a past bl thread that cactus tissue contains tyramine-like compounds, however alot of other threads and experiences contradict this.

I've tried low doses of cactus with an MAOI a few times. I only took a third to a half of the dose I wanted to take though, and potentiated it with syrian rue. I would not recommend anywhere nearn full doses with an MAOI. The on,ly use I see for them with cactus is to extend your supply, but even then if you can afford it, more mescaline would be preferrable to an MAOI.

connor said:
could someone create a mescaline effects list (positive, negative, neutral) in the erowid style sense? there isn't any effects vault for mescaline on erowid.
gotta bump this question. sorry, but im curious.

Xorkoth said:
I've tried low doses of cactus with an MAOI a few times. I only took a third to a half of the dose I wanted to take though, and potentiated it with syrian rue. I would not recommend anywhere nearn full doses with an MAOI. The on,ly use I see for them with cactus is to extend your supply, but even then if you can afford it, more mescaline would be preferrable to an MAOI.

Wouldn't that be REALLY dangerous, phenethylamine is not meant to be combined with MAOI's I thought.....?

connor said:
gotta bump this question. sorry, but im curious.

Compared to mushrooms or LSD it's very gentle on you. Bodyload is faintly similar to Ecstasy but a lot gentler. Mentally it feels very ancient, goes extremely well in nature, particularly emphasises blues and greens in the colour spectrum. Beautiful, positive state of mind, plenty of energy.

But this is all with an acid/base extraction from cacti. Eating the cacti itself gives me serious nausea that pretty much spoils the entire trip.

i have never had pure mescaline but i have eaten peruvian torch cactus 3-4 times.
i usually eat 50 grams of peruvian torch catus. It is very mellow and feels closet to about 10-12mg of 2ce.

I have tried peruvian torch with syrin rue once.
I actually ate 30g of cactus+2.5grams or rue+1.7g of mushrooms.
it was a great trip and i didnt notice any bad side effects.

But cactus does feel ancient and at the same time is very mellow yet spiritual.
My next trip i plan to try an extraction

willow11 said:
Wouldn't that be REALLY dangerous, phenethylamine is not meant to be combined with MAOI's I thought.....?

Taking the cacti itself with an MAOI can be increadibly dangerous. They have tyramine, etc in them and you can end up causing a hypertensive crisis.

My rue + cactus trips have been very smooth and pleasant, with no hint of increased heart rate aside from that which mescaline causes. I would be very careful though, and keep the dose low if you want to try to do it. Also, if you have plenty of cactus I would definitely not use an MAOI because its only purpose is to lower the dose needed.

I might be willing to try capii vine with relatively pure mescaline, but if you look at the alkaloid profile of most mescaline containing cacti, they tend to contain alot of tyramine, so I will not risk it with a normal cactus tea. It is just not worth the risk when it works so well without the mao inhibition:\

Is there some kind of mescaline extraction, however crude, that you can perform without much chemistry knowledge or equipment and using solvents etc which are easily available?

EDIT: I mean other than just boiling it up as a tea.

TheLolCake said:
Easiest extraction is:

1. Blender cactus
2. Boil with lots of citric acid; filter out the mush and wash with lots of water with more citric acid.
3. boil this down until it's small enough to drink

Time taken: not more than 2.5 hours.

It tastes vile, but the taste goes away quickly, and let's be honest here, will you really care in an hour?

Does the citric acid aid in the extraction, or does it just help mask the taste of the cactus? Would lemmon juice work?

joe

Status
Not open for further replies.