• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big and Dandy Basic Mescaline/Cactus Questions Thread (Archive 3-19-07 - 4-12-08)

Status
Not open for further replies.
you boiled it too long, you only need to boil it for like 20 minutes. if it had 5 little ridges or whatever then it was likely san pedro. when i got mine it didn't have needles though. and i got it in peru at the market.

also the cactus was probably not mature enough to have any pyschedelic effect if it was only 20 cm. they grow much bigger and it's when they are mature that they are more potent psychedelically.

next time you get it, if you get a mature one, don't drink as much as you did. that's enough to go completely insane. you only should need a little bit, so my guess is that the cactus was just not mature enough or was not actually san pedro.

wait, i just looked at the rest of your pics and saw it had 6 ridges. not san pedro.

You really dont know what you're talking about do you dyslecstasy? If it has 6 ridges its not san pedro? Umm, it varies, the amount of ridges isnt always the same, sometimes its 5, sometimes its 7 and so on. Also, every guide i have seen on preperation of mescaline cacti has said to boil for atleast a few hours, and i have read quite a few different ways. Ive also never heard of this maturity crap either, sounds like even more bs you have made up. Unless you actually know what your talking about, stfu.

i never read it anywhere but i was told by people in the markets how to prepare san pedro and later told when i didn't trip off my san pedro that it was probably not mature enough. like ...i thought it was bullshit too but i was in peru at the time and the people i were talking to had definitely done a lot of it themselves. at the time i thought they were just fucking with me, which could be the case, but it makes sense in comparison to what this guy posted about his san pedro.
the woman at the market also told me how to tell san pedro from other cacti by counting the ridges and making sure it had 5.

sorry for not mentioning that i have never read this from a published source, but it seemed like reputable information being that i received it from native peruvians who live in the country where san pedro comes from.

Id say it was probably just the locals fucking with you man. That or they are just making up shit on the spot to get you to buy it. Who knows.

Id say this guy didnt have any effects because he either didnt take enough, he didnt prepare it right(your not meant to boil, meant to simmer) or it wasnt a mescaline containing cacti.

What cactus

Anyone... Can you take a look at the images?

Regards..

skos said:
Hi all.

I did some research on how those cactuses should look like. I found some cactus in my local flower store that seems to be either Trichocereus Peruvianus or Trichocereus pachanoi (San pedro) though I think it is T. Peruvian.

I have experience with Psilocybe semilanceata so I know somehow what effects I should expect from a phsycadelic cactus. Well i did try this cactus with no effect at all. I know that I should consume more than I did, but I think I should have found at least something from this dose.

Now my questions are... Is this 100% for sure the right cactus? Is my method of boiling the cactus not right?

I took all the needles and the transparent layer of the cactus.
I chopped it up.
I put it in a small pot with 200ml of lemon juice and 400ml of water.
I boiled it at low temprature for 3.5 hours.

It was slimy thick stuff in the end and I let it drain through cloth and threw away the "stuff" and drank the mixture.

Please only those of you that are 100% sure comment on the cactus brand. I'll put some images.

P.s. The cactus is about 20cm in height and I used two of those on my drink.

Regards....

http://i32.tinypic.com/2h51z4n.jpg
http://i25.tinypic.com/2q0j3lv.jpg
http://i32.tinypic.com/v5hkcn.jpg
http://i26.tinypic.com/vi2kvs.jpg

looks like peruvianus to me, but i'm not sure. definitely not a pachanoi. the cactus looks quite small though, so it does not surprise me that you didn't feel anything. a medium dose should be around 30cm of larger cactus (having a much wider circumference), and peruvianus is even more variable in potency than san pedro…

Thanks... Anyone else that have something to say about the brand? I also think it is a peruvian. Do you know that the mescalin content is less in younger cactus? I mean mescalin mg in same amount of cactus flesh gr...

Black said:
looks like peruvianus to me, but i'm not sure. definitely not a pachanoi. the cactus looks quite small though, so it does not surprise me that you didn't feel anything. a medium dose should be around 30cm of larger cactus (having a much wider circumference), and peruvianus is even more variable in potency than san pedro…

skos said:
Do you know that the mescalin content is less in younger cactus?.
no. actually the amount of cactus material in a piece of a certain length is lower in younger (and thus thinner) cacti.
if you compare this pachanoi to your cactus, the diameter of the pachanoi is about twice (if not more) the diameter of your cactus. my san pedros have a similar shape and size as your torch, so i'll let them grow for at least a year before harvesting.

I'm not sure man, I don't have a key with me right now, but the spines/areoles look wrong. It might just be the picture, though.

How fast is it growing?

Well, I'm not sure how fast it is growing since I just bought it couple of weeks ago. But it would be nice of more people would comment on the specie of the cactus.

fizzacyst said:
I'm not sure man, I don't have a key with me right now, but the spines/areoles look wrong. It might just be the picture, though.

How fast is it growing?

Ok. Thanks alot :)

P.s. Do you know if Pilosocereus azureus does contain mescaline ?

-SB- said:
Short answer - no.

It's a Pilosocereus.

Last edited:
Does anyone have any experience with synthetic mescaline hcl? I came across 200mg of it, my friend says that 100mg of it will produce a nice fun experience, though most sources online say 200-300mg is the common dosage for it. Any input would be appreciated.

200-400mgs of pure mescaline is a good estimate. Mescaline is the most gentle psychedelic i've ever done, so dosing on the slightly higher dose will still provide awesome, intense, but still gentle effects. In the name of harm reduction i'd say to dose around 200-300mgs. But I've accidentally dosed in the 400-500 mg range and even though it was more than I expected i never felt scared or worried or freaked out at all. Mescaline Rulez d00d I can't say enough about how gentle it is. It's a very friendly psychedelic.

BTW it's a lucky find to come across pure mescaline, i'd buy it up if i were you. check out the pics of mescaline on erowid to make sure it's mescaline and not really some RC. Have a good time and post a trip report if you feel like it.

I'm 100% sure it is what it is, I got it from the person who made it, I could possibly get more but he gave it to me along with a whole lot of other stuff so I don't want to be greedy and ask for more. I was hoping to split the 200mg with another person camping sometime this sometime this summer, I'm wondering if taking 100mg would be worth it or if I should hold off on splitting it and take the whole 200mg by myself sometime. And trust me I know how special of a find this is I'm really anxious to finally have the opportunity dabble with this stuff.

Has anyone tried plugging the cacti tea?

I was just wondering if this might produce better results.

Status
Not open for further replies.