• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big and Dandy AMT Thread - Part 1 (Archived)

I agree that AMT goes well with cannabis. The other day when I took ~20mg, I smoked cannabis and was getting rushes of bliss that I didn't get with higher doses (up to 40mg) without cannabis.

Its sort of like AMT increases (or makes a person more aware of) the bodies subtle 'energy' but unless its directed by the mind, that same 'energy' can feel like over-stimulation rather than bliss. Similarly, cannabis also makes me extremely aware of the flow of 'prana' or 'chi' throughout my body, so the two are a good combination. Most times I smoke cannabis cautiously with psychedelics and don't usually smoke until I know the peak has passed because it can greatly potentiate the high and add a sense of confusion and paranoia, because of AMT's relative lack of 'depth', this isn't so much of an issue.

For me, its almost like I need to learn how to use AMT most effectively, as its quite a bit different from most tryptamines.

e1evene1even said:
Its sort of like AMT increases (or makes a person more aware of) the bodies subtle 'energy' but unless its directed by the mind, that same 'energy' can feel like over-stimulation rather than bliss. Similarly, cannabis also makes me extremely aware of the flow of 'prana' or 'chi' throughout my body, so the two are a good combination.

This is exactly my experience as well. Any time I've taken AMT in a bad setting, it ends up being an uncomfortable experience that feels like some really nasty overstimulation, but in a good setting, it invariably feels very euphoric and warm and soft.

I must say that, for me, marijuana is a must with AMT. I tried it last weekend without any weed and I had headaches, felt overstimulated and physically just felt like shit. The two go hand in hand together - I would rather not trip at all then dose AMT again with no weed.

What dosage?

Boognish said:
I must say that, for me, marijuana is a must with AMT. I tried it last weekend without any weed and I had headaches, felt overstimulated and physically just felt like shit. The two go hand in hand together - I would rather not trip at all then dose AMT again with no weed.

well i never have no weed so tripping withoput aMT is always a no go =D

I do liek the body high it creates, i find joints really give me a good body high, and gravity bongs (as you call them in the US) really gets me rushing again :)

only tried it once at 15mg, but after 5 hours took some ephedrine because I was tired, and then some k at +6, and then again ephedrine+kava kava at +8 and then k at +9 and +11, each time the k was taken, it was an extreme bliss. energy and euphory like I couldn't imagine before.
i had cev starting at +2-3 made of small rounded squares. At +9 cev were all black and white, very trippy

I can't wait to try again, but i'll take more amt and earlier, and leave out the ephedrine. At +13h it was the most psychedelic, I was very intoxicated and almost had delusions...

i smoke some weed but it didn't seem to affect the experience...

Yeah, I usually find that AMT becomes more psychedelic than empathogenic as time goes on, although it's also heavily dependent upon set and setting, as I have had many trips with it that were empathogenic to the extreme the entire time.

You took ephedrine with AMT? I would recommend not doing that!

You took ephedrine with AMT? I would recommend not doing that!

Personally I wouldn't recommend ephedrine with or without AMT, it's just a plain nasty drug for recreational use

Agreed. I went through an ephedrine stage (before I had tried much but weed and alcohol), and at first I loved it. But then it changed, and from then on if I take it it feels like a horrible, nasty, gross stimulation with lots of side effects and no euphoria, or very little anyway.

ephedrine and ephedra as well = nasty shit in my experience

I can't wait to give this substance another go in a few weeks with a higher dose. Last time I only got mild "rolling" feelings but not much of the psychedelic state. I could feel that it will be good once I venture into a higher dose.

I find AMT to be much more empathogenic than psychedelic. it's psychedelic in that it speeds up my thoughts and cognitive branching, but not in that it's outright psychedelic. In combination with strong psychedelics, though, it's fantastic.

In any case, I find it tremendously better than MDMA, all things considered. I hope you enjoy your experience! I would recommend 40mg to start as far as full doses go. Maybe 30mg if you think you're sensitive. What was your last dose?

I actually think that my last dose was in the 40MG range...but now that I recall, it was a pretty bad setting. I learned how important set and setting were in a trip a few months later. So now when I revisit it, it we be in a planned environment...not a motor home ha.

I tend to not be sensitive to well, any drugs I have encountered (Which is a lot), most take more then an average dose, but I always start out small to make sure. I plan on taking 40MG or so again to start off, and work my way up from there.

I can't wait to try some DMT with it too ;)

i actually almost never take ephedrine (took it 3 times in all...). I think if you only take it very occasionally it cant do you wrong. Choosing between speed or ephedrine which is worse? I don't really know but at least ephedrine is natural...
if I could have avoided it I woudn't have taken it in the first place. Though it didn't feel overstimulating and bad that day (something I can't say for the stimulation after the peak of m1 for example...). Maybe bad at the end but who knows what did what by that time.

Xorkoth said:
Just FYI, my last dose of AMT is going be consumed today, and then it's gone, and no more shall enter my bloodstream. It's just too good, and my addictive personality can't moderate it. Wish me luck and all... a break from everything is long, long overdue. And I've got lots of things I need to work on apart from drugs and consciousness exploration.

---

Anyway, just some ramblings from me. I both look forward to and dread the break I am forced into now. I just wanted to supply my experience with abuse of AMT and the kinds of effects it can have. And when it's over, I'll write a full retrospective report.

Anything of note to report? I hope it went well.

Well, I haven't had any more AMT. I have had more psychedelics, mostly 4-substituted tryptamines, and I haven't had any emotional instability problems since. That 4-HO-DMT report I wrote a little while back was the next trip I had after the AMT was gone, and it was when I was just starting to get tiny brain zaps from the absence of AMT. They stopped then and have not returned at all, even though I have not been tripping at all during the weeks.

I am considering getting a small amount of AMT for the holidays to share with a few friends who have never tried it. I dare not get more because I have never loved a drug more and I would be compulsed to use it too often again.

I still plan to write a final retrospective with my entire condensed experience plus combinations and such, but it's not far enough in the future yet to be a good retrospective :)

Good to know it went reasonably well. I've too noticed the 'carefree' nature of AMT. If I'm going out or something I wouldn't think twice about taken a small dose ~15-20mg for a bit of energy and a mood lift. I still haven't gone above 40mg, but perhaps soon.

Also I know this might have already been answered, but did you notice much cross-tolerance with more traditional psychedelics?

I could only find this old thread which didn't give a definitive answer

Last edited:
Yes, definitely noticed cross-tolerance, with both phens and tryptamines (especially tryptamines). In fact I only had a couple of strong trips while I was using a lot of AMT, one of them being a +4 with 4-AcO-DMT. But for the most part my trips were all just seeming to change and increase the AMT buzz without becoming particularly strongly psychedelic. Since the AMT ran out, I've had several trips that were quite a bit more psychedelic. Whenever I combined AMT with another strong psychedelic at the same time, the effect was strong, but usually I would have had the AMT earlier and by the time I added something else, it was too late to get full effects.

Wow! I finally got to see the "magic" associated with this chemical. Last night was amazing, me and a buddy took 40 MG, with some medical pot. It was fantastic! Conversation just flowed, with me and him being able to talk all night, about everything. Even 8 hours after taking it I still had energy, was still up and in general still felt good. I noticed my brain would switch back between some stoner stupidity, and speedy intelligent conversations.

How much of a curve is there with tolerance? I plan on taking it again tomorrow night, and I figured I would need around 60MG to hit about the same area of stimulation like last night. I still keep smiling about last night, really good afterglow. I can see how this compound can be addicting.

taking a Monoamine releaser in the days following dosing on a monoamine releaser very likely increases the neurotoxicity associated with it-

tread carefully - not just psychological dependency but there is also the very real threat of physical damage you could be doing to yourself by dosing multiple days in a row-