• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big and Dandy AMT Thread - Part 1 (Archived)

Ximot said:
But what I just cannot understand is how anyone can go so far down the rabbit-hole with substances that last so long and have such powerful and long-lasting after-effects. To me such an undertaking is far too taxing both physically and mentally...

After the initial dose, the psychedelic/ empathogenic effects drop to (almost) nil and the emphasis becomes more about the speedy, amped aspects of the drug- and several days of continued use do drain you mentally and physically- but you are in such a good mood that you don't pay much attention to it. That was my experience with it anyway.

I must be wired differently from most folks then, or I have different perceptions, for I am hardly ever in a good mood when i am exhausted...

I did amt for a week straight at 40 to 50mg orally this summer, sometimes mixing with 4-aco-dmt and 4-ho-dmt, and always smoking green. When I finally stopped, I slept for almost 40 hours. Then I was getting the sleep paralysis and a feeling like I was falling or jumping out of an airplane or something. Every time I closed my eyes, it felt like my stomach was in my throat. It was very scary and hard to sleep, and once a sleep the dreams were disturbing. I used opiates for a week to help with the recovery. \

-Peace

e1evene1even said:
Does anyone other than Xorkoth have experience combining AMT and alcohol? There's nothing on Erowid.

Just wondering if there are likely to be any interactions between a low dose 10-20mg AMT and a few drinks?

Drank plenty with AMT. It gets you erm muddled with sufficient alkyhol.:\

I found AMT to combine well with alcohol. ot that there are many or even any rough edges to smooth out in the first place but when I went out to a party on the second half of an AMT trip and started drinking I found I could take a fair bit of drink and they combined very well. I just felt a bit crap 2 days later... that's wen it hit me that it may not be that good to do that.

samadhi_smiles said:
AMT seems like a horrible drug to choose to use repeatedly, daily, whatever. Seeing as it releases as much SE as MDMA.

Do you have any references for that?

e1evene1even said:
A bit off topic of AMT, but I also agree about ketamine. I got a 250mg sample about a month ago, and although I still have about 40mg left and I have never taken more than 40mg at one time, I can see how it could be very habit forming. I'm still at the stage where I love it and find it very useful, but if I had a few grams of it laying around I could foresee problems arising...

Xorkoth stay away from it!

I know, right? 8(

The funny thing is, ketamine never really got me much at all. I had 3 grams of it last me 2 years... I barely ever thought about it but did use it several days in a row once. Marijuana and serotonergic psychedelics seemed to get me, and kratom (strangely, full opiates do not have the same appeal with me - I find them boring).

Ximot said:
I must be wired differently from most folks then, or I have different perceptions, for I am hardly ever in a good mood when i am exhausted...

Yeah, my fiance and best friend and sister are like that. They get really, really off the next day if they don't sleep enough. Quite dramatic - they just can't have a normal day.

Boognish said:
I too have gone down the road of frequent use, and it's amazing how much I agree with xorkoth & ximot - everything down to a "t". I've worked out my resulting anxiety issues with very, very occasional(a few times per year) medium-ish doses of LSD. What kinda freaks me out is how xorkoth had the same lucid end-of-the-world dreams that I had with daily dosing of AMT, freakin weird mang.

That freaks me out a bit, too. I had one with DOM as well, and wrote a trip report about it. What aftereffects did you experience, and how long did they last, if you don't mind me asking?

Last edited:
i find that the lethargy and depression to be something that isnt half as bad as MDMA can be (for me that is) Infact i only really feel like absolute shit the next day if i use repetedly and keep upping the dose, i find that if i stick to 10-15mg i dont really get that crippling depression, i find the stimulation does go with repeated use/regular use which can be a good thing if someone were to use this as an antidepressant, i find that with regular use too i can eat much easily on it, yes food tastes better on it but i have become accustomed to eating big meals on small doses (even doses up to 30mg)..

Does anyone find it hard to eat off aMT? I do sometimes, and other times i find it really easy.

Also agree about the dream enhancement, i have always suffered night terrors and a few times a week i will have vivid dreams, only dont dream if i have quite a few sleepers (like tempazepam) but obviously that is not the answer, infact i have come to love the lucid dreaming although it can be exteremely scary at the time

^^ Man, I feel like I could have written your post. Every word of it. Very interesting...

I found AMT to combine well with alcohol.

After AMT, the thought of alcohol is less appealing than usual to me. From the POV of a state of grace, drunkeness seems so crude...

/\ I know what you mean actually. Especially now, not having had a drop of alcohol in several weeks now, I do....... and still, as you know, alcohol - like many drugs, has its own logic, and once one has started, ehm........ and so, one drink can become a few and it's all good.

Totally know what you mean about "state of grace" though when you compare AMT with alcohol. Nice way of putting it.

That freaks me out a bit, too. I had one with DOM as well, and wrote a trip report about it. What aftereffects did you experience, and how long did they last, if you don't mind me asking?
Well basically when I woke after a binge, everything seemed strangely different. Nothing seemed normal, everything was alien; it was like I awoke to a different dimension. This was after a three day AMT binge with no sleep (back in my more careless days). These strange lucid apocalyptic dreams and alien-feeling reality lasted about three days as well - I think I'll write up a TR about it.

I know this has been discussed before, but I have 2 100mg mdma pills and want to roll with my girl tonight. The pills aren't strong enough alone and I have some amt. Not up for a 15 hour amt trip tonight, so I want to know if I could use a small dose of amt to potentate my roll with my girl. I know amt burns but maybe a small line each with the pill? Any suggestions as to time frame and dose???

Thanks,
-Peace

mixing 5-10mg of aMT will definately potentiate the mdma, i suggest taking the aMT first and then dropping the estimated 100mg pills about 2 hours after injestion, will be in for a good night for sure =D

you could snort a small dose but i find it causes the side effects to increase like headache and such and i find orally (preferably dissolved in alcohol) to be the best way :)

I would prefer to take it orally, but don't want to wait 2 hours for the amt to hit, thats why I thought about snorting. If I was to snort would it still be 5-10mg? Thanks alot.......

yeh wouldnt say that much of an increase in potency, more just hits quicker is less psychedelic and more speedy, if ya get me ;)

Thanks alot, I've tried to find info on this combo and most just say it will kill you. Which I don't doubt in large doses, I just want a little amt to make my roll better, you feel me?

Well, AMT is a mild MAOI, so the possibility for serotonin syndrome exists. But, I think if the dose is kept small, then the possibility for any nasty serotonin syndrome symptoms manifesting (extreme dizziness, nausea, tingling and numbness in body parts) is probably pretty small.

AMT is a MAOI on the order of amphetamine. Ecstasy pills are cut with amphetamine a lot, depending on the region, so I would say the chances of a 5-10mg dose of AMT causing major problems is really unlikely.

But, I could conceive of how the AMT would potentiate the neurotoxicity of MDMA. AlphaMethylTryptamine raises intercranial temperature and one of the proposed routes of neurotoxicity for MDMA is associated with elevated intercranial temps (it seems especially during the comedown from MDMA that the neurotoxicity happens, which would coincide with at least the tail end of the peak of the AMT dose for you two).

I'd recommend against combining the two, given that the complete pharmacodynamics are not mapped out for either.

I recommend against combining also. AMT alone provides an overall better experience, particularly in that it is much more positive afterwards. Adding MDMA to the mix:

A - will increase the chances of a headache and other negative symptoms, and once the roll drops off the entire experience will be brought down a considerable degree.

B - will most likely dramatically increase the chances of neurotoxicity and aftereffects.

i really like a bit of amphetamine with aMT .. it does indeed make the euphoria alot better although the comedown does feel rougher. Even mixing methylone with aMT produced some really special euphoria which was prolonged by the aMT.. its great mixing with some things. does anyone find weed clouds the aMT high at all?

I love to mix AMT with weed. It does cloud the high somewhat as it tends to do with everything, but it also increases the euphoria for me. In fact, my favorite combination for recreational use is AMT + kratom + marijuana.