• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big and Dandy AMT Thread - Part 1 (Archived)

Hmm, I'll have to think more about it then. Good thing to know though. It just that I'm going to a big rave, and I only do this sorta thing maybe once every 6 months. I just felt like it would be awesome to experience that, and be very social too. So, I dunno, tending to lean to not do it tomorrow, but not sure yet.

Thanks for the info though!

AMT would be much better for you as an occasional-use drug than MDMA would. You might find it more worthwhile as well. And certainly much longer-lasting.

samadhi_smiles said:
I would have guessed its day or two lingering anti-depressant effects are due to its MAOI activity, but I could be wrong.

yeah. it does provide a post-ayahuasca-like feeling, doesn't it?

Xorkoth said:
AMT would be much better for you as an occasional-use drug than MDMA would. You might find it more worthwhile as well. And certainly much longer-lasting.
AMT releases just as much serotonin as MDMA does - AMT's reuptake inhibiting action is a bit weaker than MDMA's (accounting for its less forceful nature maybe)-

but, to think that AMT won't deplete your serotonin is simply fallacious-

it will and it does-

take care with this chemical - the same amount of care a mature person suggests taking with MDMA-

peace,
S_S

I didn't say that it wouldn't deplete your serotonin. All I'm saying is that, having experience with both, I have found AMT much more worthwhile and forgiving, at least used responsibly. In fact in leaves one feeling positive and anti-depressed for days afterwards, and there is no appreciable crash at any point. At least for me.

But yes, DO take care with this chemical, as it can be quite reinforcing and the effects of its abuse will not become evident for some time.

AMT releases just as much serotonin as MDMA does - AMT's reuptake inhibiting action is a bit weaker than MDMA's

Do you have anreference for this, or is it an educated guess?

Oh also, has anyone combined this with 2C-B? I'm very low on 2C-B and would like to stretch it by taking around 10mg on top of about 30-40mg AMT. Tonight I'm going to see a Pink Floyd tribute with lasers, surround sound, video screen etc. it should be an optimal psychedelic concert experience. I'm hoping the 2C-B can make up in the visual department where AMT lacks.

Last edited:
samadhi_smiles said:
AMT releases just as much serotonin as MDMA does - AMT's reuptake inhibiting action is a bit weaker than MDMA's (accounting for its less forceful nature maybe)-

but, to think that AMT won't deplete your serotonin is simply fallacious-

it will and it does-

take care with this chemical - the same amount of care a mature person suggests taking with MDMA-

peace,
S_S

Depends on the dose you're using. If you're going for the 'theraputic antidepressant' range (5-10mg daily), you're on fairly safe ground as there's lots of Russian toxicological studies into AMT as it was used as an antidepressant. If you're talking about 30mg+ per day, them you have a completely different ball game

Xorkoth said:

Oh for sure! I never use MDMA anymore. Maybe once in 6 months...and its almost been a year since last time I dosed. To me this compound is so much better then MDMA could be for me...the happiness doesn't feel pushed, it feels natural and real.

Still undecided if I'm going to dose tonight or not.

AMT is great. It doesn't feel anywhere near as damaging as MDMA, although still a bit toxic feeling (I'll try plugging next time). If AMT had the "cleanness" of 4-AcO-DMT, it would be my favorite drug by far.

MDMA is not a recreational drug for me at all, (I think AMT can fill that role in a better way). I only use MDMA once a year, New Year's day. I find its a good way to look at the last year and plan for the new one. The only downside is that you feel depressed for a few days after which can make it hard for the insights to stick.

I regret taking it the last time though as I had just gotten back from Peru and my brain was well-balanced after ayahuasca and MDMA fucked it all up. :!

Another plus is that I don't think there is the same "loss of magic" (unique from tolerance) often reported after a certain number of doses, as there is with MDMA. Xorkoth would probably know more about that though.

The length is also a major plus, with MDMA I feel rushed because I know the state is very fleeting. AMT lets you kick your feet up and stay awhile ;)

^ I've been dipping into the well of joy known as AMT for nearly 20 years now and I've never had a "loss of magic". Personally I rate AMT much higher than MDMA for several reasons

^ I look forward to for at least another 19 years with this "well of joy" myself ;)

Can anyone comment on AMT combined it with 2C-B (or 2C's in general)?

There isn't a single report on Erowid. Actually Erowid looks very sparse on AMT/phenethylamine combos, and the ones there don't seem all that positive...

Trip reports titled "Aftermath of a Disaster" (AMT/2C-T-7) and "A Classic Mistake" (AMT/2C-E), how reassuring :\

I was thinking of taking AMT (30mg) an hour from now, and the 2C-B (~10mg hcl) an hour before the show (t+3).

Since 2C-B goes well with MDMA, I think the synergy could be nice, but just because there are similarities between MDMA and AMT, it doesn't mean there are interchangeable, especially in combos. I'll be required to stay seated and I'd like to still function socially, which has never been a problem on either substance alone.

Last edited:
well, all I'm saying is be careful taking these chemicals - it doesnt really mean much that you don't feel like it is toxic - it could very well still be neurotoxic-

check out the study "The Effects of Non-medically used Psychoactive Drugs on Monoamine Neurotransmission in Rat Brain" by Nagai, Nonaka, et al-

^ true enough. Just because something feels safe, doesn't mean it is. I think AMT has had a lot more research done on it than most substances, but good advice in any case.

I'll probably just take the last of my 2C-B hcl tonight...

AMT has had a lot of research done on it with its low-end doses (ie antidepressant therapeutic effects) -

AMT has NOT had a lot of research done on recreational 30+mg doses - as F&B points out - its a whole different ball game there with distinct pharmacodynamics from the low end of the dose range -

remain vigilant - this is for your own personal well-being -

fastandbulbous said:
^ I've been dipping into the well of joy known as AMT for nearly 20 years now and I've never had a "loss of magic". Personally I rate AMT much higher than MDMA for several reasons

Thank you for saying that F&B, your opinion should hold more weight than most on this site. :D MDMA gets waaaaay too much praise I think. I'm being redundant but I still think a good sized dose of AMT with a smallish dose of 4-aco-dmt makes E look like a child's toy as far as being empathogenic as well as being very sensual and tactile enhancing. I <3 that combo, best eva!=D =D

dbailey11, can you share what doses and timing you found worked best for you?

It seems like a few people really like AMT with 4-AcO-DMT/4-HO-DMT...

e1evene1even said:

Well for me that was around 50 mgs (AMT, initial dose) and 10-15mgs of 4-aco-dmt.

Yeah, a low dose of 4-AcO-DMT works VERY well with AMT. So does kratom, by the way.

AMT... overall, my favorite drug. I also find it to blow MDMA out of the water, in every way. True euphoria, unrushed, unforced, real. No gushing of endless love for everyone... instead, deep thought that leads you to realize your deep love for everyone as your fellow living beings.

AMT really shines rectally, IMO. It cuts out all the potential nastiness that can happen from oral dosing and makes the tail-end shorter and smoother. And the body feeling is overall more smooth and euphoric as well.

e1evene1even said:

I'm one them. A while back I used 15mg aMT HCl IM, 7.5mg at a time seperated by about a half hour. I waited until it plateaued about an hour after the second injection and then injected 13mg of 4-AcO-DMT. It was strange, the true weight of what I was doing didn't really register until after it was all in. "Shit, did I really mean to do THAT?" 13mg IM on top of aMT is a lot. A potential life-changer.

Prior to that I used 50mg of aMT orally with, I believe, 6-7 mg of 4-AcO-DMT insufflated. That was pretty ecstatic, and completely under control. I recommend being plateaued on the aMT first before the 4-AcO (which in my limited experience has been better than 4-ho-DMT with aMT, more euphoric. Though that's comparing IM and insufflated 4-AcO to oral 4-ho at 10-11mg).