View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big and Dandy 4-AcO-DMT Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ this is not the first time that people have reported alarming tingling and numbing sensations with 4-AcO-DMT. There is at least one report I am aware of leading to hospitalization. But as far as I know, other substances or medications were believed to be a comtributing factor.

Do you take ANY medications or supplements, or had you taken any other 'drugs' in the 24-48 hours prior to taking the 4-AcO-DMT?

I have also noticed the 'electric' potential of 4-AcO-DMT which has caused me to experiment cautiously.

My personal belief is that this is merely part and parcel of the effects of this compound. 35mg of psilocin, or a high dose of of ayahuasca can easily cause the feeling of impending physical death. This feeling must be fully convincing and immersive, for the full transformative potential of the experience to be fully realized.

I can completely understand how these feelings can be much more worrisome and harder to surrender to when dealing with a relatively novel and un-researched compound like 4-AcO-DMT rather than something like ayahuasca, which after countless death/rebirth experiences over millenia, has yet to cause a documented death that I am aware of.

Thanks for your report.

willkell420 said:
And if anyone knows about these side effects(tears, and painful numbness) please let me know.

I've experienced tearing on 4-AcO-DMT and DMT both. It is milder with 4-AcO-DMT than it is with DMT. I believe it's a histemic reaction (though I've never experienced hives or itching like in a histemic reaction to opiates; this doesn't discount drug-mediated selective symptoms though, as I've never sneezed or had watery eyes on opiates despite their both being histemic symptoms). I've never experienced limb numbness with 4-AcO-DMT, but I have during a recent "overdose" of DMT (IM) and syrian rue. I don't know if "numbness"--as it concerns blood flow--is the right way to descibe it though (no pins and needles). For me it was more like a tremulous weakness combined with extraordinarily scrambled proprioceptive signals. There was no pain either, but it was quite similar to a feeling of numbness overall.

No, I do not take any prescription meds and the only other drugs I had done was smoke buds. I know the feeling that I was going to die was part of the "bad trip", but the pain and numbness was real and I don't know if it had anything to do with blood flow or not, that is what worried me the most when I look back on the experience. I've had other bad experiences on large doses of shrooms where I thought I might die, but this time I know if I had not had the klonapine I would of been in trouble. I would of lived, but I would of at least passed out and might of ended up in the hospital without the right kind of sitter. The point of my original post was to discourage Psilosybonaut, who in their post said they wanted to try 40-60mg, from doing something they might regret.

-Peace

I've gotten the same numbness feeling off of 4-AcO-MiPT in high doses as well.

I think its just one of the side effects of these chems.

I was a cartoon

The other day I got the opportunity to try some 4-aco-dmt again. I went with 18mgs, I was at a peak in 45mins or so good visuals, mandalas and large patterns, kind of dim, next time 20mgs. I have noticed a sharp edge on the come up, I have never been in it but I notice it is there. My headspace was fairly clear but scattered with a few different loops that wouldn’t clear up, nothing major just scattered, I have had a lot going on and been busy that might have had a lot to do with it. I wanted to try a breakthrough dose of n,nDMT so after about 45min into the trip I smoked 30mgs in 2 nice big hits in 2 breaths. I went to a place were I existed in between a thought and a moment everything was patterns and strange shapes with bright colors and big contrast like a psychedelic cartoon land and I was a cartoon but a made up of parts from about 5 different cartoons. The only thing of myself I could retain was “I am me”. I exist here for a bit seemed like a week but it was timeless very powerful like being on the edge of the universe or existing in a free fall in a timeless endless place. The 2 chemicals blended very nicely and made a different experience then either one of them, alot of bright colors and big contrasts it gave the whole experience a cartoon theme. When I came back to myself in this realm the pieces of my ego started coming together again and making me who I was but it was still a cartoon theme and everything looked cartoonish. All of the scattered loops that I had earlier came back and just turned to love and understanding and resolved. I was filled with love and joy. The was a very powerful experience more then a normal DMT experience, I am amazed at the awareness and amount I can remember form this experience most powerful breakthroughs I remember bits and peaces but I remember almost the entire time it has giving me a lot to reflect on and is in the top 3 experiences for me, a solid ++++. I felt some fear on the come up of the n,nDMT but that is normal every time I try a new comb of chemicals and up the dose, but other then that very loving and nice.

Last edited:
I just received some 4-aco-dmt from a popular overseas source and the last batch I recieved was a tan color and disolved very easily in water. the batch I just got is a chalk color and is harder to disolve. Can someone confirm is the recent batch of 4-aco-dmt is tan or white? Thanks....

[Do not even make vague references to suppliers]

Last edited by a moderator:
i took 6mg earlier today and then went and meditated by the ocean.
the experience was blissfull.

6mg+meditation brought me as far into the psychedelic state as 14mg has in the past.

what a wonderful substance.

20 mg. Oral. 160 lbs. I'm an experienced tripper.

This stuff feels pretty similar to shrooms. Everything is pretty funny.

More on this experience tomorrow. =D

Edit:
Ok, I've come down a bit, and I think I've just experienced a +4. I feel like a sex crime victim with a rape fetish. So violated... yet good in a way I cannot describe. My ego went "kersplat" against the windshield of 4-AcO-DMT.

Last edited:
Thanks Samadhi, it did dissolve with heat. Still this almost seems like slightly different chemical, maybe it's just in my head because the color and texture was so different this time.

Not bad... pretty good information. I found two spelling/word choice issues, and I wish they had not stressed that the effects are nearly identical to psilocin quite so much, because in most peoples' experience, it's a good bit different.

I think I'll submit some more information to them for the vault.

How does this chem do when dissolved in water? I don't have a mg scale, so I'd be using liquid dosing, and I'd probably keep it for a few months...

Also, how does it dissolve in water, and ethanol?

it dissolved in distilled water very easily.

... only thing is, i wouldn't recommend keeping it for much more than 3-4 weeks in a solution like this. I kept some in distilled water for about 4 weeks and did notice a slight degradation in quality. (& tolerance wasn't an issue i believe.)

Has anybody tried using low doses of aco-dmt for social settings / clubbing as a replacement for MDMA? In the past I had used low doses of shrooms in a similiar maner and I found them to be quite effective at boosting conversation, wit and desire to dance. I was wandering if same could be achieved with this very interesting substance. If so, what were your doses?

I haven't used it in a social setting, but I have taken a dose gradually over time like alcohol and found it quite worthwhile. I would put around 4mg in a glass of OJ and drink it like a mixed drink. After about 3 of those I was in a very nice, but also a very controllable state.

The one time I used it whilst out socializing at a techno event was not very successful. I found it difficult to dance/keep rhythm and couldn't really communicate with others. People were talking to me and I was sort of seeing "through" them--not metaphorically, but literally--seeing the stuff on the other side of them. I wasn't unhappy or freaked out, but luckily the party was in the park and I could wander off into nature and still hear the music a bit.

Maybe my dose was too high? Around 14mg.

Might be better at 4 or 5 mg.

Status
Not open for further replies.