View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big and Dandy 4-AcO-DMT Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats strange that 25mg was a ++ for you. Do you guys trip more than once a month? I think anymore than once a month and AT LEAST pyschological tolerance builds (and probably some sort of physical tolerance).

14mg had me rockin' and rollin' (and curled up into a fetal position for a time bein' to boot!).

All I'm sayin' is 25mg may be a bit to chew, if ya know what I mean, know what I mean?

Trogdor said:
From talking to orbital, I know for a fact that what he's getting his hands on is of the exact same batch, and is of the light tan fumarate variety, and although his experience may vary, 25mg clocked in at a strong ++ on my part.

Man oh man, what I wouldn't give for gc/ms access.

25mg for a strong ++ looks to be within the normal range of dose responses, however that range is extremely broad. It really does look like it comes down to individual body chemistry (more so with this chem than others), so there's no way of getting even a ballpark idea of how one will react, which means everyone should start lower than 25mg for their first experience. They can always take more right after they’re sure they’ve plateaued, as I don’t notice significant tolerance effects developed by this point, at least not when insufflating.

I was talking with someone who said that they had the tan fumerate analyzed. It registered at 99.8% purity. If this is true then the tan fumerate is already about as potent as any fumerate gets, and no one should think they need more of, or a minimum amount of this batch to reach a certain level. The person who had it analyzed thinks the sleight impurity may have resulted from the plastic bag being scraped too hard. I can't confirm any of this as it is just hearsay, but I feel no reason not to believe it. I don't know how to explain the sleight tan color, but it doesn't seem indicative of anything substantial (such as the white fumerate possibly being more potent).

Sometimes color impurities can make up a very, very tiny part of the sample and still color it significantly (look at samples of MDMA that have been checked out.. that stuff varies in color a lot.).

I do wonder if perhaps there is a different salt in circulation, as that could definitely change the dose range. Though as others have said, much of this may be personal differences. When I took the 24 or 26mg dose that beat me down, a friend took 28mg or 30 (can't remember)and said he would have taken substantially more had he known what this would have been like ahead of time.

I think he took 20mg or so a few weeks prior.

psood0nym said:
25mg for a strong ++ looks to be within the normal range of dose responses, however that range is extremely broad. It really does look like it comes down to individual body chemistry (more so with this chem than others), so there's no way of getting even a ballpark idea of how one will react, which means everyone should start lower than 25mg for their first experience. They can always take more right after they’re sure they’ve plateaued, as I don’t notice significant tolerance effects developed by this point, at least not when insufflating.

I was talking with someone who said that they had the tan fumerate analyzed. It registered at 99.8% purity. If this is true then the tan fumerate is already about as potent as any fumerate gets, and no one should think they need more of, or a minimum amount of this batch to reach a certain level. The person who had it analyzed thinks the sleight impurity may have resulted from the plastic bag being scraped too hard. I can't confirm any of this as it is just hearsay, but I feel no reason not to believe it. I don't know how to explain the sleight tan color, but it doesn't seem indicative of anything substantial (such as the white fumerate possibly being more potent).

I have some of the tan fumarate and responses have been all over the place. Trial 1 for me was 33-34 mg and was a very weak +++ if that. I must qualify that by including the fact that this was my third trip in eight days. Trial 2 for me was 28 mg with no tolerance and was a very strong +++ (near double the intensity of the first run). Trial 1 for a friend was 25 mg and, as previously mentioned, he blacked out for two hours ... absolutely no recollection of the time (extremely intense +++). Trial 1 for another friend was 19-20 mg and was a disturbingly strong +++. Trial 1 for the third friend was a moderate +++ with 29-30 mg. The variation in responses amazes me.

Last edited:
Dondante said:
I must qualify that by including the fact that this was my third trip in eight days.

Ha! I'm betting this is more common than people on this board have let on. I'm usually a once a month person when it comes to tripping, but I've used this stuff about once a week during the past month and a half (twice because of introductions to new users). I think it's a combination of being so good, so versatile, and so damn clean. I never have any kind of hangover from it, so it's hard to feel guilty--not that I would anyway. Ultimately, it will be my simply not wanting to ruin it through overuse that will make me slow down, right after this weekend...

^^ Yeah, I was roughly once a month from about May 2005 to May 2006, then I started trying to squeeze in more and more that summer before I started medical school. Three in eight days was the apex of my use ... and turned out to be disappointing because of the excessive frequency. Now, it's probably going to be 5 or 6 per year max. But that is plenty for me since they seem to lose their value when overused.

^^ I have also found that I want to trip on this more often than with other psychedelics. It obviously isn't physically addicting but I could definitely see how it could become habit forming for some people.

I view this chemical as more of a spiritual medicine than a drug. DMT is as crucial to proper emotional/spiritual functioning as other more known neurotransmitters like seratonin, dopamine etc. in my opinion. I don't see a problem in frequent use in the right context. DMT/Ayahuasca have been proven extremely safe even with long term frequent use (in fact the 'Hoasca Project' even showed improved functioning in many areas vs. the control subjects) and I hope the same holds true for 4-AcO-DMT. The few extremely high dose reports we have so far seem to indicate it is relatively safe physically, but with such a wide range of effects being reported the same may not hold true for all users.

It would be good if people mention what batch of 4-AcO-DMT they have when reporting (i.e. very fine tan color or white powder). Which may help us see a pattern in the seemingly random responses from people. The batch I have looks indistinguishable from a batch of 5-MeO-DMT that I know is of a very high purity.

Lucky for me 10 or 12 mg gets me to a light +++

I don't know anybody except one pretty fat kid who doesn't get a solid +++ from 15mg of the batch I've worked with.

trogdor: What you worked with, was it tan or white? I could have sworn mine was fairly white...

I have my 4-aco-dmt stored very near some 5-meo-mipt, the 5-meo-mipt is definitely white, and the 4-aco-dmt is definitely a light cream color in contrast. It was listed as the fumarate salt and is an extremely fine powder, and although it does not tend to clump well, it does a good job of not sticking to the baggie.

I wish I could get this stuff tested.

perhaps I just never had a good contrast for mine, I never noticed a cream color but it may have been there. Oh well.

mine sounds exactly the same as yours Trogdor

Have any of your friends worked with your batch and only gotten a ++ @ 25mg ?

A while ago I had slightly less than 25mg (call it ~22) and was at a heavy +++. Full-blown audio hallucinations (like Bernie Worrell testing out an analogue synthesizer the controls of which he was unfamiliar with), physical discomfort (including difficulty with perception of temperature) and nausea (no doubt psychosomatic due to less than ideal set and setting, familiar to me from difficult experiences on mushrooms and 4-HO-MiPT), thought and sound loops (fragments of songs stuck in my head and playing at full "volume" repeatedly), and some confusion/mindfuck. If anyone else had been present it would have been very difficult to communicate verbally. In a summer setting it would have been a very comfortable +++ and probably a very enjoyable experience. Silly rabbit, SET AND SETTING.

Many valuable insights gained, however. A more instructive trip, with more depth than any of my 4-HO-MiPT experiences.

No psychedelics consumed for some months beforehand, so no physical tolerance.

Plugged 18mg of this stuff recently. Between ++ and +++ somewhere only. Definitely not very "world" but incredibly internal. OEV's were ok, interesting swirls and tints, but CEV's were where it was really at. Kinda out of the body but not fully. Pretty sedating and reasonably insightful, though nothing world-shattering in any way. I'd had a 20mg oral trial before, which felt similar to this, though perhaps a little stronger. Not at all like mushrooms, imho. Far more benign, but definitely less insightful because of it. Physically pleasant - none of the muscle twitches I get with some tryptamines, no nausea, no discomfort. Felt relaxed. One of those that make it hard to verbalise but that make me intuitively understand that the physical realm is but one of many - merely the one most human brains are most attuned to in their natural state. With the understanding it provided, the chemical felt extremely safe. Perhaps the easiest and most comfortable of all tryptamines I have tried, but not the most exciting.

I slept at T+4, though the reason for that could have been that I had to catch up on lost sleep and that I plugged the 4-Aco-DMT in the morning after a night of 200mg Methylone and a mild dose of mushrooms. Had also done 200mg methylone in the afternoon already and AMT the day before. So there just might have been some tolerance/desensitization.

I have a feeling this stuff will mix very well with psychedelic mushrooms.

I'm thinking 10mg 4-aco-DMT combined with 2 grams of 'shrooms... hopefully I'll get back to y'all on that in a week or two :)

BD, I think the same thing. This could be an excellent way to have a 'clean' heavy dose mushroom trip. Whenever I take more than 2 grams of shrooms (rarely these days!) I feel almost toxic, body wise. Otherwise, the experience is GREAT and usually transcendental/life changing.

Let us know how it goes and how it compares to just a high dose of mushrooms. I also think 4-AcO-DMT might be a good 'booster' for a mushroom trip if one realizes 20-30 minutes into their mushroom trip that they have dosed a little low and wants a little more intensity.

Someone has 2 grams of aborts8o that I might take with some 4-AcO-DMT once it gets warm.

Peace and Love!

Question about refrigerating 4-ACO-DMT

If I were to obtain a little less than a gram of 4-ACO-DMT fumarate, and I only planned on having it for 3-4 months or so, would it be absolutely necessary to refrigerate it? I am definitely going to keep the 4-ACO-DMT in a sealed glass jar and definitely refrigerate my 4-HO-MIPT fumarate/miprocin, but I am not sure if I need to refrigerate the 4-ACO-DMT fumarate. I had 750mg a while ago and I had it for a month or two at room temperature in a sealed jar with no air/light in it and it didn't seem to degrade, but maybe I didn't notice.

Can someone tell me how stable this compound is? Is it safe to keep it in room temperature away from light, air, and moisture (I use silica gel)? Or is it necessary to refrigerate it with the miprocin? I'd like some advice from one of you wise members on this subject if possible.

Thanks so much!
Ryan

It would be better to keep it as cold as possible. Why not take the best precautions to keep it from degrading?

Suppose you're right. My mini-fridge doesn't seem to get QUITE as cold as other normal refrigerators. Almost, but not quite (from my observation, i could be wrong). It's by the brand Oster. Would it be necessary to store the RC's in a big fridge or freezer? Or will my mini-fridge work fine (I'm hoping for this; I live with my parents still and I don't want to have to smuggle a psychedelic tryptamine into their freezer with all their food, but i could if absolutely necessary)?

Status
Not open for further replies.