• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

The "Best" Anxiolytic?

You are asking for medical input only but it looks very much like there is no medical solution to your issue considering your conditions and stated requirements. It just doesn't exist.

Find yourself a credible mindfulness meditation program. Look up the true practitioners and communicators work like Jon Kabat-Zinn. Practice the 8-week program properly. It's not a massive commitment either, your daily commitment will range from 20 minutes to 40 minutes (excluding reading the book). Then tell me it doesn't help massively (you won't!)

If you haven't tried kava kava yet, then I wouldn't write it off. The excellent safety and tolerance profile recommends it.

The NRI activity is very real, but differs dramatically between strains. Heady kavas are bad for it, but tudeis aren't typically. I'm unusually susceptible to the stimulation from kavain, but most people aren't bothered by it.

Getting a heavy strain isn't a guarantee, either. Sometimes lighter, heady strains (like Tongan) can be better for anxiety, but they tend to be shorter acting.

Kava Kava obliterated my usually nervousness every time I've used it so far.

Xanax was such a boring clinical drug I've never wanted to try it more than the one time.

Hi, I know you're trying to help but I'm asking only for medical input. ...

Right now selank appears to be the only exception to this rule.

I know, it in no way was ment as anything other then it is, a good watch. Funny but with some for me good reminder's about how the brain actually works.

To bad Pregabalin is out of the question. It did a good job in combo with Mitrazepine when I was in some deep shit. Very effective for the probably mild case of GAD that was going on in my head. Probably there was some Red Vein Borneo and Green Malay aswell. But I totally get that you are in a different league, so to speak. Did you try Kratom? The ones I mentioned are on the sedative/ painkilling side of the spectrum. There are more stimulating strains.

These Russian med's do seem promising. Selank is only one of them, you tried any of the other's?

I personally find clonazepam to be an excellent functional anxiolytic. You said it only took the edge off for you but what dose did you try? It's also not a drug you really "feel" so much, but it should kill off anxiety without smashing you in the face like alprazolam for example would.

Bromazepam is also a very good one for both recreation and anxiety, same goes for etizolam.

The right strain of weed can also act as an excellent anxiolytic.

But if you want a more long-term solution since it sounds like you got some serious childhood issues etc, may I recommend an acid trip in a calm controlled environment? It's like a therapy session inside your own head and trust me psychedelics have actually helped me work through a lot of my own problems including family shit, traumatic shit, etc.

There's plenty of scientific research backing this up, psychedelics like LSD were invented for medical use in the first place - in the case of LSD it was Sandoz pharma who first released it as a medicine which was prescribed to people and used for medical research into mental illness.

MDMA can also help PTSD in the right controlled environment, MAPS are running clinical trials to get it FDA approved for PTSD treatment as we speak.

Regarding the Russian anti-anxiety med's. The ones that seem available like Etifoxine and Afabazole make me very curious.

Opipramol was a weird one, sold as Insidon, but it was a remarkably good sleep aid. Without lasting drowsiness ala anti-histaminergics or sedating your cognition like a benzo. I felt quite good after a night on that stuff. Still wonder why it left our 'holy' FarmacotherapeuticKompas. The prescription bible dr's have at their disposal.

"Opipramol works differently from other TCAs, however, by acting as a sigma receptor agonist. This means that it attaches itself to the sigma receptor of a cell to generate the good feeling of the patient. As an AD, it is primarily used to treat major depression. Also known as major depressive disorder (MDD) or clinical depression, this condition is marked by extremely low moods.

Additionally, opipramol is used in a conjunctive manner as an anxiolytic, which is a drug for the treatment of anxiety disorders. One type of anxiety disorder it is applied to is generalized anxiety disorder (GAD)."
https://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-opipramol.htm

Find yourself a credible mindfulness meditation program. Look up the true practitioners and communicators work like Jon Kabat-Zinn. Practice the 8-week program properly. It's not a massive commitment either, your daily commitment will range from 20 minutes to 40 minutes (excluding reading the book). Then tell me it doesn't help massively (you won't!)

You know what's funny? My dealer of all people actually recommended meditation instead of medication. I'll give it a try when I'm done exhausting all my other options.

If you haven't tried kava kava yet, then I wouldn't write it off. The excellent safety and tolerance profile recommends it.
The NRI activity is very real, but differs dramatically between strains. Heady kavas are bad for it, but tudeis aren't typically. I'm unusually susceptible to the stimulation from kavain, but most people aren't bothered by it.

What I never understood is why anyone suffering from anxiety needs more adrenaline in their system in the first place. I know many benefit from it apparently and aren't bothered by it. But I sure the fuck am. I need less, not more adrenaline.

Did you try Kratom? The ones I mentioned are on the sedative/ painkilling side of the spectrum. There are more stimulating strains.

I haven't, no. I tried researching it a while back but couldn't really find any info besides anecdotal reports (one of which reported significant withdrawal effects) so I'm highly skeptical. I'll add it to the list I guess. I haven't had a chance to try the other Russian meds (besides Phenibut and Fluorophenibut), customs intercepted every one I tried to order. They let Selank thru, likely because the drug died by the time it reached them. I'll need to find ways around this.

I personally find clonazepam to be an excellent functional anxiolytic. You said it only took the edge off for you but what dose did you try? It's also not a drug you really "feel" so much, but it should kill off anxiety without smashing you in the face like alprazolam for example would. Bromazepam is also a very good one for both recreation and anxiety, same goes for etizolam.

Klono certainly worked out the best so far. I took 1.5mg every 2 days. Anything less was ineffectual and anything more was hypnotic. I drive power equipment for a living and it didn't interfere with it at all (unlike Buspar).
Etizolam has similar half-life of Xanax so I expect the same retard-inducing effects.

The right strain of weed can also act as an excellent anxiolytic.

While weed would reduce my general anxiety, it would probably increase my paranoia.

But if you want a more long-term solution since it sounds like you got some serious childhood issues etc, may I recommend an acid trip in a calm controlled environment? It's like a therapy session inside your own head and trust me psychedelics have actually helped me work through a lot of my own problems including family shit, traumatic shit, etc.

Hallucinogens are a huge no-no. The first and last time I've done acid was the worst, most traumatic mindfuck I've ever had, a nightmare I couldn't wake up from. 'Nuff said. And this was back in my confident teen days, I can't imagine doing shit like that right now as a nervous, apprehensive cripple.

MDMA can also help PTSD in the right controlled environment, MAPS are running clinical trials to get it FDA approved for PTSD treatment as we speak.

That's just a fad that will end up something way different than the ignorant pushers of these fads expect it to be. I've done molly. The first time became a bad trip where all my paranoia got amplified to the max (I OD'd). The second time (responsible dose) was quite beautiful and among the happiest days of my life. The third time (same dose as the second) resulted in a panic attack where I experienced chest pain, violent mood swings and shortness of breath for hours.
As much as I want to repeat that good trip I had, which had lasting positive effects, I can't take that roller coaster bullshit during the comeup. This is why I hate stimulants in general and have no idea why so many of them are marketed to help anxiety, even having "anxiety" on its list of side effects right on the bottle. It's confusing as hell.

Regarding the Russian anti-anxiety med's. The ones that seem available like Etifoxine and Afabazole make me very curious.
I wrote both of those off, the side effects are not worth it. I'll add Opipramol to the list, it does sound interesting.

I have not. It says here it's an opiate. While opiates have anxiolytic effects, I'll take those for pain, not anti-anxiety. What does Tramadol do for you?

It's a weak opioid with SNRI properties.
It keeps me motivated and active, unlike benzos, wich only keep me doped and acting weird. Tramadol don't make me look or act high.
Unlike Zoloft or other classic antidepressants, the effect is immediate. It also reduces the anxity that coffee gives me.
Personally, Zoloft and other SSRIs did very little to my anxiety and depression. Just insomnia and weight gain.

I was going to suggest Selank. Are you using the original form of it? How's it going? NA Selank Amidate has noticeable anxiolytic effects for me.

It's a weak opioid with SNRI properties.

SNRI properties? I cringe. Does it actually increase the level of norepinephrine?

I was going to suggest Selank. Are you using the original form of it? How's it going? NA Selank Amidate has noticeable anxiolytic effects for me.

What is the original form? I have the liquid nose drops. It's been almost a week and I'm noticing nothing so far. I was told it's a two week supply but there's no way in hell this will last 2 weeks. 2 more days at best.

I'm not sure how Tramadol works but I used to take O-DSMT (a metabolite of Tramadol) daily for most of two years and it acts as only an NRI and hasn't the serotonin aspect. It works wonders for anxiety and depression, but it makes me more irritable (like any opioid).

I cannot recommend that though, for me it became an addiction that was hard to kick. I now only use O-DSMT to soften acid trips and the like, or for genuine pain relief when the doctor says, "Ibuprofen is good enough."

What is the original form? I have the liquid nose drops. It's been almost a week and I'm noticing nothing so far. I was told it's a two week supply but there's no way in hell this will last 2 weeks. 2 more days at best.

The original is Selank. The other forms are NA Selank and NA Selank Amidate. If you have the russian pharmaceutical version you have the original. The N-Acetylated versions are more potent, and the Amidate version is supposed to be more anxiolytic I think?

SNRI properties? I cringe. Does it actually increase the level of norepinephrine

https://www.drugs.com/monograph/tramadol-hydrochloride.html

This explain why Venlafaxine was the only antidepressant kinda works for me. I tried Sertraline, Fluoxetine, Escitalopram, Paroxetine.

The original is Selank. The other forms are NA Selank and NA Selank Amidate. If you have the russian pharmaceutical version you have the original. The N-Acetylated versions are more potent, and the Amidate version is supposed to be more anxiolytic I think?

I think I'm feeling something low key from it. Today was a very hectic day at work where I'd normally stress the hell out yet I felt rather calm. This Selank is a nice, clean peptide with no side effects but it's too subtle and the method of administration is too inconvenient. I'll have to cycle some more Russian pharmaceutical goodies and while I wait for the other to arrive, I can observe the after-effects of Selank.

I'm staying away from Tramadol and anything that pumps more adrenaline in my body. I don't need that shit. Buspar was effectively an SNRI, Tramadol appears to be an opiate-based one.

I think I'm feeling something low key from it. Today was a very hectic day at work where I'd normally stress the hell out yet I felt rather calm. This Selank is a nice, clean peptide with no side effects but it's too subtle and the method of administration is too inconvenient. I'll have to cycle some more Russian pharmaceutical goodies and while I wait for the other to arrive, I can observe the after-effects of Selank.

I'm staying away from Tramadol and anything that pumps more adrenaline in my body. I don't need that shit. Buspar was effectively an SNRI, Tramadol appears to be an opiate-based one.

How is the ROA too convenient? Which ROA are you doing?

re: kava, you really should look at the binding affinities; it is relatively strong for CB 1; is this a receptor you like (i.e. do you get anxiolysis from cannabis)

NRI is more from repeated kava use (once in a blue moon is ideal with this sort of thing IMO)

especially since it has noticeable effects and long half life.

Guys, this Selank feels like a toned-down version of oxytocin (mainly alleviates social anxiety but not general anxiety). I felt really nice and calm the past few days, though my attention span is now shit. I'm noticeably more comfortable and less stressed out, especially around people. My defenses are lowered in social situations though I still create defenses consciously because I still don't trust anyone. However, the important thing is that the automatic, unconscious defenses are gone. I now have control over my paranoia and it's not involuntary where I'd always be apprehensive about everything. This is what I've always wanted for a long time now, the freedom to be as cynical and paranoid as I want but not for it to take hold of me and render me dysfunctional.

I even feel somewhat happy. I now remember again what the good days felt like. And the best part is I've summoned up the courage to contact my former dealer whom I ditched and tell him to go fuck himself.

It took a while to kick in but Selank is pretty legit even if mild. It definitely kicks the shit out of SSRIs and all the other crap here in the West.

How is the ROA too convenient? Which ROA are you doing?

Nasal drops via dripolator. It says to apply drops in a standing-up position but I don't see how that's possible to do and know exactly the dose you snorted, so I drop them in a laying-down position and miss my nostril half the time. I've gotten better at it but lost 1/3 of my selank this way.

re: kava, you really should look at the binding affinities; it is relatively strong for CB 1; is this a receptor you like (i.e. do you get anxiolysis from cannabis)

I haven't smoked weed in a long time but yes in the past it would relax me and make me enjoy socializing (I'm very antisocial), however it would also increase my paranoia.

NRI is more from repeated kava use (once in a blue moon is ideal with this sort of thing IMO) especially since it has noticeable effects and long half life.

The mechanism of action states that it inhibits the reuptake of norepinephrine, why is this only relevant with repeated use? Or are you saying this is a secondary, trivial aspect of the mechanism?

EDIT: So before I order more stuff from Russia, can anyone confirm that none of these act as MAOIs? I tried to research most of them but information is difficult to find in English. The vendor is not a pharmacist either so maybe I'll make a lot of new Russian friends as I look for one. :)

Last edited:
If it's saying to apply while standing up it likely means to soak your nostril then? Dunno. Mine came as a nasal spray to spray into the sinuses, and I've been subq'ing it instead.

RE: MAOIs I have no idea. Try the peptides groups on facebook or /r/nootropics.