• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

The "Best" Anxiolytic?

It says to apply 3 drops into each nostril. I can't really do that while standing up. I mean I can but how will I know it's exactly 3 drops? It also must stay in the nasal mucosa, it said. Also recommended to clean out the nose before applying. As someone with a partially broken nose who constantly deals with congestion and excessive snot, it was a concern that it might limit Selank's efficacy. I don't like putting stuff up my nose period.

RE: MAOIs I have no idea. Try the peptides groups on facebook or /r/nootropics.

I don't use fecesbook or reddit. There's no Russians on there anyway, I might have to get a VKontakt account.

Id recommend you also start exercising/moving as much as you can!

That shit acts as a very good anxiolytic.

The first half of your name is my mental affliction. Yet for almost 3 decades I've never until now heard 'schizopath'. Freaky! :D
My physical job has my exhausted by the time I get home, though there's no excuse not to work out over the weekends. I can never focus long enough to make it a routine but I will try.

The first half of your name is my mental affliction. Yet for almost 3 decades I've never until now heard 'schizopath'. Freaky! :D
My physical job has my exhausted by the time I get home, though there's no excuse not to work out over the weekends. I can never focus long enough to make it a routine but I will try.
:ROFLMAO:
Thanks. Think I just combined schizoid/phrenic and sociopath on my name lol.

Do you have any creative ways to express/dismantle your feelings? Id assume that to help too.

It says to apply 3 drops into each nostril. I can't really do that while standing up. I mean I can but how will I know it's exactly 3 drops? It also must stay in the nasal mucosa, it said. Also recommended to clean out the nose before applying. As someone with a partially broken nose who constantly deals with congestion and excessive snot, it was a concern that it might limit Selank's efficacy. I don't like putting stuff up my nose period.

I don't use fecesbook or reddit. There's no Russians on there anyway, I might have to get a VKontakt account.

Gotcha. Well, you can always subcutaneously inject. I've never injected any drugs before, nor do I have any large desire to, so it's been new for me. And, not a big deal at all. You just need insulin syringes and alcohol swabs.

Wow
Guys, this Selank feels like a toned-down version of oxytocin (mainly alleviates social anxiety but not general anxiety). I felt really nice and calm the past few days, though my attention span is now shit. I'm noticeably more comfortable and less stressed out, especially around people. My defenses are lowered in social situations though I still create defenses consciously because I still don't trust anyone. However, the important thing is that the automatic, unconscious defenses are gone. I now have control over my paranoia and it's not involuntary where I'd always be apprehensive about everything. This is what I've always wanted for a long time now, the freedom to be as cynical and paranoid as I want but not for it to take hold of me and render me dysfunctional.

I even feel somewhat happy. I now remember again what the good days felt like. And the best part is I've summoned up the courage to contact my former dealer whom I ditched and tell him to go fuck himself.

It took a while to kick in but Selank is pretty legit even if mild. It definitely kicks the shit out of SSRIs and all the other crap here in the West.

Nasal drops via dripolator. It says to apply drops in a standing-up position but I don't see how that's possible to do and know exactly the dose you snorted, so I drop them in a laying-down position and miss my nostril half the time. I've gotten better at it but lost 1/3 of my selank this way.

I haven't smoked weed in a long time but yes in the past it would relax me and make me enjoy socializing (I'm very antisocial), however it would also increase my paranoia.

The mechanism of action states that it inhibits the reuptake of norepinephrine, why is this only relevant with repeated use? Or are you saying this is a secondary, trivial aspect of the mechanism?

EDIT: So before I order more stuff from Russia, can anyone confirm that none of these act as MAOIs? I tried to research most of them but information is difficult to find in English. The vendor is not a pharmacist either so maybe I'll make a lot of new Russian friends as I look for one. :)
Selank it is, then, as my depression and anxiety are tearing me to shreds over here, while western psychopharmacy junk never really worked. Thank you for posting the results. I've tried aniracetam and noopept before, and was satisfied. Aniracetam is specifically an anxiolytic, but burns through choline like crazy, so choline supplements are a must.

Wow

Selank it is, then, as my depression and anxiety are tearing me to shreds over here, while western psychopharmacy junk never really worked. Thank you for posting the results. I've tried aniracetam and noopept before, and was satisfied. Aniracetam is specifically an anxiolytic, but burns through choline like crazy, so choline supplements are a must.

Bad news, the calm effects are wearing off. I'm sliding back to where I was. Now I'm wondering were the past few days just placebo or what? Fuck me.
So it takes 7 days of snorting selank to notice the benefits, lasts for 4 days. It does say to take for 2 weeks and quit but I ran out after 10 days.

Tell me more about the racetam you took and I'll add it to the list.

Gotcha. Well, you can always subcutaneously inject. I've never injected any drugs before, nor do I have any large desire to, so it's been new for me. And, not a big deal at all. You just need insulin syringes and alcohol swabs.

The problem with that is that I'm skinny. It's why IV is no problem for me but good luck finding any fat to slam the needle into.

:ROFLMAO:
Thanks. Think I just combined schizoid/phrenic and sociopath on my name lol.

Do you have any creative ways to express/dismantle your feelings? Id assume that to help too.

So you combined schizoid AND schizophrenia? That's cool, but the sociopath part rattles me. Me no like ppl who hurt puppies.

Are you asking me if I have any hobbies? I do but lately I've been just drowning myself with work work work. My anhedonia has gotten so bad that I've largely stopped seeking pleasure as nothing really pleasures me anymore. I feel like I've done everything and nothing is new. I can't derive genuine fun out of anything for longer than about a minute. I'm trying to keep myself occupied with random stuff but my motivation is so low I can't focus on anything for long. I do something for 30 seconds before needing suddenly to do something else and then I never finish that either. I procrastinate like a motherfucker.

Guys, I need help interpreting this piece on Mexidol.

The effects of original Russian 3-hydroxypyridine and succinic acid derivatives (emoxypine, Reamberin, and Mexidol) on monoamine oxidase (MAO-A and MAO-B) activity in rat liver were studied in vitro. The study drugs used in vitro at concentrations in the pharmacokinetic range (10 9 to 10 6 M), were found to have MAO-modulating actions, the directions depending on their chemical structural properties. The isolated 3-hydroxypyridine derivative emoxypine decreased MAO-A activity by 34 – 44% and MAO-B activity by 9 – 10% (p < 0.05 in both cases). The succinic acid derivative Reamberin increased MAO-A activity by 2-3% and MAO-B activity by 14% (p < 0.05 in both cases). Mexidol, which is a derivative of both 3-hydroxypyridine and succinic acid, decreased MAO-A activity by 13% and MAO-B activity by 4% (p < 0.05 in both cases). The 2-ethyl-3-methyl-3-hydroxypyridinium cation and the succinate anion were antagonists in terms of their MAO-modulating actions. Combining these antagonist ions into the structure of Mexidol led to complete loss of the MAO-stimulating effect of the succinate part and a significant reduction in the MAO-inhibiting action of the 3-hydroxypyridine component.

Is it saying Mexidol inhibits or increases MAO? I'm trying to figure out if this is an MAOI basically.

It looks like Mexidol is a combination of the various isolated derivatives mentioned in the beginning of the quote, and that Mexidol itself has a little of the MAOI action of some of the derivatives, but not as much? I think?

Bad news, the calm effects are wearing off. I'm sliding back to where I was. Now I'm wondering were the past few days just placebo or what? Fuck me.
So it takes 7 days of snorting selank to notice the benefits, lasts for 4 days. It does say to take for 2 weeks and quit but I ran out after 10 days.

The problem with that is that I'm skinny. It's why IV is no problem for me but good luck finding any fat to slam the needle into.

So you combined schizoid AND schizophrenia? That's cool, but the sociopath part rattles me. Me no like ppl who hurt puppies.

Are you asking me if I have any hobbies? I do but lately I've been just drowning myself with work work work. My anhedonia has gotten so bad that I've largely stopped seeking pleasure as nothing really pleasures me anymore. I feel like I've done everything and nothing is new. I can't derive genuine fun out of anything for longer than about a minute. I'm trying to keep myself occupied with random stuff but my motivation is so low I can't focus on anything for long. I do something for 30 seconds before needing suddenly to do something else and then I never finish that either. I procrastinate like a motherfucker.
Lol its the psychopaths and narcissists who hurt animals. We sociopaths just tend to not like people cause they suck.
And we are not in sync with the majority of people obv..
I have never once in my life hurt animal and dont fucking want to. Tho Id hurt the people who hurt animals..
Simply put, the people who hurt animals are the worst fucking cunts there are.

You sound like you have legit adhd/add with some mental "purpose" issues. Is your job rewarding?

Last edited:

Thanks for the reply and I'm sorry to hear that your experience with Selank is lacking in effects. The racetams I've taken were Noopept and Aniracetam, both requiring additional supplementation with choline which they deplete very fast, something that might be an issue with your use of Selank. Perhaps you just ran out of choline, preventing the Selank to work properly, at least I hope that's the case. I hope I hear from you once and if you add choline to your diet while on Selank.

Guys, I need help interpreting this piece on Mexidol.
Is it saying Mexidol inhibits or increases MAO? I'm trying to figure out if this is an MAOI basically.
Not if it potentiates dopamine levels as article in wikipedia suggests:
Changes the monoamine level and increases the dopamine content in the brain

Thanks for the clarification on Mexidol. I re-read what I was too tired to last night and I agree, the description sounds like a low-key Maoi. But I'm wondering, is it still dangerous to roll after a meowy is out of your system? Like, if I'm still enjoying the therapeutic effects of a meowy I took weeks ago, is there still risk of a negative reaction?

Snowy, does Selank really deplete choline or are you just guessing? I'll buy the supplement just in case but I've run out of Selank. If I find the other drugs less beneficial than Selank, then I shall combine it with choline. When I said describe the racetams, I meant I wanna hear what they did for you.

Lol its the psychopaths and narcissists who hurt animals. We sociopaths just tend to not like people cause they suck.
And we are not in sync with the majority of people obv..
I have never once in my life hurt animal and dont fucking want to. Tho Id hurt the people who hurt animals..
Simply put, the people who hurt animals are the worst fucking cunts there are.

You sound like you have legit adhd/add with some mental "purpose" issues. Is your job rewarding?

Sociopath and psychopath are interchangeable. What you're describing is a nihilist or misfit. Schizopath does sound badass tho so I'll take it. *brofist* I hate everyone cause they suck too, let's be BFFs. Lmao.

Is my job rewarding? Sure. Without it I'd surely go insane and be depressed as well as anxious. Ironically, the reason I relapsed and started doing drugs again at the time I joined this forum was because I wanted to celebrate when I got my first job I actually kept.
My attention deficits stem from my schizophrenia, not lack of dopamine per se. Drugs that lower my dopamine levels have actually made me feel better. So Ritalin would probably make me irritable as fuck. Selank and oxt for some reason increased my absent-mindedness but I'm not complaining. I believe if I can attain some long term stability then I won't be so scatterbrained.

Sociopath and psychopath are interchangeable. What you're describing is a nihilist or misfit. Schizopath does sound badass tho so I'll take it. *brofist* I hate everyone cause they suck too, let's be BFFs. Lmao.

Is my job rewarding? Sure. Without it I'd surely go insane and be depressed as well as anxious. Ironically, the reason I relapsed and started doing drugs again at the time I joined this forum was because I wanted to celebrate when I got my first job I actually kept.
My attention deficits stem from my schizophrenia, not lack of dopamine per se. Drugs that lower my dopamine levels have actually made me feel better. So Ritalin would probably make me irritable as fuck. Selank and oxt for some reason increased my absent-mindedness but I'm not complaining. I believe if I can attain some long term stability then I won't be so scatterbrained.
Psychopaths have no ability to feel empathy towards anything. Sociopaths have. Psychopathy is something you are born with and sociopaths are "created" in the childhood. Im the firstborn of firstborns so its only natural Im a sociopath. (Borderline pd male -> barely a sociopath but a sociopath nevertheless) and psychopath = hc narcissist sociopath

Misfit? I ll take it. Thanks :)
Brofist incoming ?

Ooh I get you. I more or less struggle with the same thing and dopamine lowering drugs often make me "feel better" by reducing the schizoism. And they dont even make me zombified!
The stability is important. For a person struggling with a "mind virus" the stability is alot more important thank you can think of.

Last edited:
So honeywhite's thread inspired me to create a thread like this of my own. He didn't update his progress, unfortunately, but I will.

I need an anxiolytic like this:

a) Lysis of anxiety (it's in the name of the thing!).
b) Lack of hypnotic effect (VERY important).
c) Long duration of action.
d) Not required to take daily (SSRI's, I'm looking at you!)
e) Lack of sexual side effects. I'm a man; the most important organ in my body is my, erm, joystick, and I won't have it out of commission.

Also, it must not interfere with a roll. Rolling while on Buspirone was a big mistake and I'll never know if that candyflipping adventure caused the suicidal hell I suffered for an entire year.

The anxiolytics I have tried so far:

Buspirone - Utter garbage which made me worse and then caused suicidal mood swings when I stopped using it despite the available info assuring the safety of quitting it cold turkey.
Lorazepam - Takes the edge off but that's about all it does. Required to use every day. Temporary small fix with no lasting effect.
Klonopin - Same effect as lora and lasts 2 days instead of one.
Valium - No effect besides drowsiness and insomnia.
Xanax - Blacks me out or knocks me out. If amnesia is the cure for anxiety, then a bullet to the head is the cure for all my problems.
Phenibut - My tolerance to this builds WAY TOO FAST. This one's a disaster waiting to happen.
Gabapentin - Useless in therapeutic doses, hypnotic at higher doses. Makes me feel drunk and unsteady too.
Selank - Subtle anxiolytic with no side effects. This one has been the best so far.

The anxiolytics I've written off:

Pregablin - I can't afford it.
SSRIs - I need anxiolytics, not antidepressants. Mood stability is very precious to me and I do not plan to fuck with it.
Kava - Wikipedia: Inhibition of the reuptake of norepinephrine NO THANKS
Afobazole - It acts as an MAOI, not only does that interfere with a roll but is potentially fatal.

The anxiolytics on my try-list:

Tofisopam - label warns of possible insomnia, I already have trouble sleeping so this is disappointing but I won't know for sure until I try.
Adaptol (Mebicar)
Anaprilin - possible insomnia
Mexidol - possible insomnia, label says use for 2-6 weeks then taper off
Pantogam Active - possible insomnia)
Picamilon - label lists anxiety paradox as a side effect
Pyrazolam
Opipramol
Kratom

Any input is welcome and appreciated.

It does not require daily dosing as in prn dosing, or that it lasts even longer than 24 hours?

A prn anxiolytic which I could suggest is hydroxyzine.

Psychopaths have no ability to feel empathy towards anything. Sociopaths have.

That's not true, psychopaths actually are capable of empathy, they can just switch it on and off at will.

Ooh I get you. I more or less struggle with the same thing and dopamine lowering drugs often make me "feel better" by reducing the schizoism. And they dont even make me zombified!
The stability is important. For a person struggling with a "mind virus" the stability is alot more important thank you can think of.

You can say that again. After achieving financial stability, I've come to believe I was suffering because I was in an aloof emotional 'limbo'. Then when I candyflipped mdma with that shitty Buspirone and got suicidal mood swings, I've begged for that 'limbo' to return.

It does not require daily dosing as in prn dosing, or that it lasts even longer than 24 hours?

A prn anxiolytic which I could suggest is hydroxyzine.

I already don't like what I'm reading...

A systematic review concluded that compared with other anxiolytic agents (benzodiazepines and buspirone), hydroxyzine was equivalent in efficacy, acceptability, and tolerability.[10]

If the efficacy of this is equal to buspirone and benzos then it's a shitty anxiolytic.

Studies have also been conducted which show that long-term prescription of hydroxyzine can lead to tardive dyskinesia after years of use, but effects related to dyskinesia have also anecdotally been reported after periods of 7.5 months,[14] such as continual head rolling, lip licking and other forms of athetoid movement.

Eww, no. Buspirone did that shit after only 3 months, and it persisted for months after that.

Btw, what is prn?

I got some 300mg Mebicar (Adaptol) pills right now. Any pointers for dose/frequency? If not, I'm going for 3 pills a day. That will deplete my supply in about a month. It says here not to use longer than 6 months. It also says it increases body temperature which I dread as I'm already dealing with hotter than normal temperature and it doesn't help that my workplace insists on boiling us alive in that fucking place with their heating. But it also says the side effect is temporary so we'll see.

Damn you lol

I have no doubt about that, they also tend to make great CEOs, financiers and politicians. Hardly surprising given they're all scumbags.

Interesting that you point out the limbo. I have recently achieved a rather positive and "healthy" limbo myself and wouldnt change this for any other limbo.
It just takes time as usual.
Wise words, I will never be complacent again. I've forgotten already what the extreme mood swings felt like but I do remember they were horrible enough to warrant suicidal ideation. I'll never fuck with that again and never stop being grateful for stability even if it means boredom and unhappiness.

Last edited:
I dont actually know about that drug so I cant help :S

There are actually 2 kinds of psychopaths. One is "unsuccesful psychopaths" and the other is "succesful psychopaths". It seems to really come to how they were raised and what they value in life. Do they have friends and what kind of since it matters really much for psychopaths. Also it might depend on their personal view of "success" you know, so I wouldnt call them all scumbags... twisted they sure are but not necessarily scumbags ;)

Glad you are doing better and I agree that boredom is something that everyone should get used to.

Last edited: