• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos The Benzodiazepine MEGA THREAD - Direct Benzo Questions Here

Multiple disciplinary actions were taken, let's just try to remain on topic with some civility and not provoke any further altercations.

I'm sorry about the PAWS mate, hope ya pull through.

love benzoa klonopin zanax pref....... i take suboxone as well its a great combo

If you crush up your pill, or just put it in your mouth and chew it, AND you have no tolerence a 2mg pill should have you feeling it good, and have you relaxed as fuck and your mind will be all sleepy and confused a little bit. .5mg can help relax you, 1mg will help relax your body and you will also be 'sleepy', 1mg+ it will make you more and more sleepy and you will probably have a good night's sleep. It's not a bad idea tough taking like .5mg with a bowl of weed at night or at some stresfull time of day or whatever for taking your stress of and still keeping you up. I've fooled around with about 90 pills of 0.5mg Xanax pills for about 2-3 weeks almost daily, and had no adverse effects like withdrawl.

I am prescribed 2 mg Xanax bars not The xr one, People say the best way to get high off then is to take them sublingual, Basically taking them like a Suboxone dissolve it under your tongue then drink a few sips of water, I have also snorted them before I understand that they are not water-soluble but I did get a quick and potent feeling off it when I snorted them, Lately I have just been letting them dissolve in my mouth then swallowing whatever is left but a month ago I was snorting them every day just looking for some advice on what's the best way to get the most bang for your buck out of them,

I always tell people who parachute pills to just always keep some vitamins or supplements around the house that are in gel capsules. That way you can empty out the gel cap and fill it with the crushed pill, instead of having to swallow toilet paper (yuk!) and it works exactly the same. Just saying...

I ingested a few points of methamphetamine almost 16 hours ago. I hate long acting stimulants, I've gone through 15 mg of etizolam (decent benzo tolerance) trying to sleep and I'm as wide awake as ever.

What's the consensus when it comes to which benzo is the best for sleep? I'm guessing something with primarily hypnotic effects, but I thought etizolam was suppose to be a decent hypnotic? I'm sure Triazolam or Flunitrazepam would do, though acquiring some isn't going to happen.

Last edited:
Xanax works fine for me if I'm trying to get to sleep. Esp. if I take at least 2mg.

Serious question and I need a knowledgeable response. Today is 34 days clean from opiates for me. (60-180mgs of oxy or 40-80mgs of opana). Since quitting I've been taking roughly 3mgs of xanax daily to avoid PAWS. What is a reasonable taper regiment I can use to stop taking it?

Serious question and I need a knowledgeable response. Today is 34 days clean from opiates for me. (60-180mgs of oxy or 40-80mgs of opana). Since quitting I've been taking roughly 3mgs of xanax daily to avoid PAWS. What is a reasonable taper regiment I can use to stop taking it?

Shit man. You just substituted one addiction for a worse one in a lot of peoples eyes. Benzo dependency is no joke. You need to come off incredibly slow. Try reducing your dose by 15-25% a day and see how you feel.

Higher conscious nitrazepam is a decent hypnotic benzo much better than temazepam. If you're on meth take a few depending on your benzo tolerance 2-4. They come in 5mg tabs and called mogadon, generic is alodorm

Shit man. You just substituted one addiction for a worse one in a lot of peoples eyes. Benzo dependency is no joke. You need to come off incredibly slow. Try reducing your dose by 15-25% a day and see how you feel.

Let's not be too dramatic...a little over a month on benzos is perfectly reasonable (1-3 month courses, when medically justified, is acceptable) and the fact that you've only been taking 3mg a day which is within the clinical dosage range means that while you will experience some withdrawal symptoms they won't be too extreme- brutal insomnia, heightened anxiety and maybe 'brainzaps' (strange muscle spasms) for a week-week and a half. Not that it won't suck the monkey, it absolutely will when layered over PAWS, but I seriously doubt that you've developed a dangerous (seizure inducing) dependency.

I'd probably go for a rapid taper, go down to 2mg and hold it there for 3 days, drop down to 1mg for another three days and depending on how you're feeling either drop off there or go down to 0.5mg for 3 days. In my experience the most disruptive element of 'minor' benzo withdrawal is the insomnia- the cumulative exhaustion & complete inability to sleep really takes its toll...and the temptation to take a little junk to get a nights sleep is very strong.

To put things into context, when I kicked a ~300-500mg morphine/day habit I did it in a blaze of benzos. The first 10 days I took 20-40mg of diazepam for the general daytime unpleasantness and 12-27mg midazolam (vials, plugged- so about equivelent 24-50mg midazolam orally), then I dropped down to 20mg of diazepam/day and 20-40mg temazepam/night for roughly another 2 weeks. I was on extremely heavy doses of multiple powerful benzos for 3 weeks and I barely experienced any withdrawal, just rebound insomnia. I didn't take any for about 2 weeks, then the PAWS hit like a motherfucker and I spent another month taking ~10-25mg of alprazolam each night to sleep (yes, equiv 200-500mg diazepam a night)...I did a short taper from ~20mg down to ~4mg as I was running out. THAT was brutal, fucking terrible insomnia...to the point that after sleeping about 4 hours over 4 day I took some junk and slept for 20 hours (yes, dumb) and that was enough for me to get through the last of it. The withdrawal lasted about 10-14 days and although the insomnia was kinda crippling (you just can't do shit when you're that overtired), but compared to coming off a heavy junk habit -even with all the benzos- it wasn't that much of a big deal. Had I not fallen into a benzo bender I'm pretty sure I could have avoided all my withdrawal symptoms.

I'm not trying to trivialise the situation, I'm just telling you that in my experience (which may have no relevance to you) the withdrawal after approx. 2 months of ultra-high doses (the equivelent of hundreds and hundreds of mg of diazepam) was not particularly severe as far as benzos go. That seems to be their main redeeming feature- unlike opiates, even when taking massive doses you really do need to spend quite a bit of time taking them to develop any serious dependence.

Now if you were to stay on them for another 60 days then yeah, sure, you could run into problems. But even then, as long as you don't follow my lead and go completely overboard on your dosage it's unlikely to be anywhere near as bad as your opiate withdrawal.

Yes benzo withdrawal can be more unpleasant and dangerous than opiates, but I'd put money on the withdrawal from 3mg alprazolam/day will pale in comparison to a 180mg/day oxy habit. And I doubt you have to worry about seizures at this point, as I said, 1 month is well within medical guidelines.

Good luck with handling the PAWS and coming off the benzos, the worst of it (from my experience) is over...all you've gotta do now is take those few last steps over the finish line.

Oh and one other thing- do not drink alcohol when you're coming off the benzos. It DOES ward off the withdrawal somewhat, but it also massive increases the risk of seizures. I know it's tempting and I drank a lot after I came off the benzos completely (post benzo-withdrawal), but heavy drinking is really a step in the wrong direction.

^ Thanks. That was a knowledgeable response. I fail to see how I substituted a worse addiction Mr.Scagnattie. Do you realize the financial burden I was putting myself and family through? I'm a working man and I think I'll stick with the rapid taper. I don't have time to be sick.

Psychical dependence to benzos is often much worse than opiate withdrawals, has a high risk of seizures, and has killed many people. It's not easy to just stop, even after taking them everyday for a month.. which is plenty long to develop a psychical dependency. What is this pick on Scagnattie, day? Chill the fuck out.

^ Didn't know there was such a day lol. Sorry man, but I fully understand that there is great risk when withdrawing from benzos. Hence why I just wanted a little advice on a reasonable taper. I wasn't lookin for the "holy shit you could die from those withdrawals response." I know that. I'll chill the fuck out

^ Didn't know there was such a day lol. Sorry man, but I fully understand that there is great risk when withdrawing from benzos. Hence why I just wanted a little advice on a reasonable taper. I wasn't lookin for the "holy shit you could die from those withdrawals response." I know that. I'll chill the fuck out

Haha, all good man. A couple other people were hounding me yesterday in other threads too so it all just added up.

But, I didn't mean to put down you getting clean using benzos, I've done it too. I just know a lot of people who did that, had the idea they were going to get off in a month or so, but ended up on them for a while and fully dependent on benzos and I just don't want that to happen to you.

Does anyone else find that they are MUCH more sociable and generally somewhat wittier on benzos (specifically alprazolam)?

LOL=D

I'm sure lots of people FEEL that they are wittier, more attractive, more charming, and generally more fantastic while on a benzo binge.

I can recall having a grand old time feeling like the funniest most chilled out loveable guy on the planet, and then the next day it slowly dawn on me that I had acted like a complete fuckwit and annoyed the shit out of everyone. Some things that I thought were immensely amusing at the time: burping loudly in public, making inappropriate suggestions to people I didn't know (generally females, and generally while my girlfriend was within earshot), doing 'spontaneous' things which could in fact be seen as petty vandalism.

Now, I'm not suggesting that you, draevon, are like this. I'm just saying that, a bit like someone on a cocaine binge, people affected by alprazolam or other benzos - especially in combination with alcohol - can feel extremely relaxed and fear free, and this does not always bring out the best in them... even if they FEEL it does.

I at least THINK I'm wittier. I remember one morning when I was on a break from my morning college class, I had taken 3mg of Xanax and I went outside with a few friends to smoke a cig. Suddenly this homeless guy approaches me, claiming he was friends with Warren Zevon, which I thought was delightful, and the next thing I knew an hour had passed and we were sitting against a dumpster singing 'Werewolves of London'.

Anyway, recently I've found myself having real problems with Xanax and/or Clonazepam. For a long time I had stabalized my dosage to 2mg, 1mg on a good day. However, this past call and winter had been incredibly stressful and I found myself once again slipping into uncontrollable use with the damn things. In fact for the longest time I wasn't even sure how much I needed just to get by without withdrawal symptoms.

Well, anyway, I completely used up my stash of clonazepam in about 2 weeks, using approximately 6mg/day, often in addition with 2mg of Xanax. I then began obtaining Xanax, sticking to pretty much the same dose, and then I got 10mg of clonazepam before I ran out of Xanax and used that for two days. For some reason or another, when I ran out of the clonazepam, none of my freinds/acquaintances had shit (Oh, and btw I'm now prescribed 45x.5mg Xanax). I stupidly thought that since I'd taken 5mg of clonazepam the previous two days that I'd have a good three days to acquire some more, thanks to clonazepams generous half life.. Well, the kpins did keep me feeling human for a little over 48 hours, but I still couldn't find any one that had them, and I was too afraid and paranoid at that point to go down towards a specific methadone clinic near me that used to flourish with pills of every kind before massive amounts of people ended up getting arrested. Anyway, I ended up going five days without any benzodiazepine (for really the first time in almost 3 years).

Truth be told, I had never fully experienced benzo withdrawals, and to this day I have never successfully come off of them. However, I never imagined that they could be that fucked up. What disturbed me the most were these involuntary, violent jerks that would happen. I'd be laying in bed, on my left side, and all of a sudden I'd flip over and smash into the wall on the right side of the bed...and when I say smash, I mean it sounded like someone punched there fist through the wall. It would also happen when I'd be sitting down. It began to occur so often that my girlfriend was scared to sleep next to me.

My question is, have others experienced such a thing? Is it a lead up to a seizure? I eventually managed to get my mom to give me .5mg of clonazepam, which didnt stop the jerks completely, but they occurred a lot less. Thankfully I now have some Xanax and clonazepam and I'm trying to keep my dosing as low as possible.

Oh and excuse the sky high block of texts...damn amphetamines..

i was wondering what everyone's favorite bars are? i've acquired some of the green bars and everyone in my town is in love with them, they dont seem to be as strong as the white bars i have, yet the greens do last a little longer IMO.

Last edited:
I'm copying this from another thread that I posted in, which I strongly suspect will never receive a response there:

Let's take someone such as myself. No prior benzo tolerance, and minimal prior experience. Consumes alcohol socially once or twice a week, typically in a low amount of between 2 and 4 drinks in a night (I don't like what it does to me that night when pushed beyond that, much less the next day!). In the past two weeks has consumed etizolam in small amounts, on average once every other day, with an average dose of 1.5mg on that day.

Obviously, alcohol is a GABAergic substance that is contributing to some unknown level to a rise in tolerance/creation of dependence (or at least hindering its decrease) on the days without etizolam. But how much is it actually? Perhaps my question stated most curtly is: exactly how GABAergic is alcohol really?

I have little doubt that if this pattern of use was extended into the range of 1+ or 2+ months that a physical dependency would set in. But for the range of a couple weeks or a month, my gut tells me that it wouldn't be appreciable and that alcohol in this amount is not GABAergic enough to physiologically "substitute" as a benzo/etizolam.

Please note that this is only my gut talking, and would appreciate any input/sources that confirms or denies its speculation!

Please note also that I realize that in the interests of harm reduction that 3-4x weekly use of a benzo/etizolam for someone without an anxiety condition is not encourageable. Alas, that is where I find myself, however. I intend to cease this immediately (a dwindling supply certainly helps!), but for the purposes of my own health/peace of mind/simple curiosity, I would like to know.

Thanks in advance!

My question is, have others experienced such a thing? Is it a lead up to a seizure?

Hi Z:)

Yes, I have experienced the same on a rapid clonazepam taper. I never had a seizure, but when your body starts jerking violently and involuntary (which is what seizures are generally characterised by) then you know that you are pushing the limits.

Out of alprazolam, etizolam, diazepam, temezepam, and clonazepam; I can honestly say that clonazepam had the worst WDs for me.

I'm sure I don't have to tell you this, but... Please don't put yourself into the situation where you have to rapidly taper - or worse, cold turkey - from clonaz. Taking 6mg for days or weeks and then nothing is just tempting fate.