• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos The Benzodiazepine MEGA THREAD - Direct Benzo Questions Here

I recently got a couple free zopiclone (either 7.5mg or 15mg pills, I think...does that sound about right?).
From what I can find online they are similar to, but not actual, benzo's. They apparently are proving to be even ore addictive than benzodiazapines, despite having most of the negative side-effects of benzo's, they seem to have very little of the euphoria or pleasant qualities.
Am I missing something here or do they just have no recreational value? Apart from as a sleeping aid. Which also can cause hallucinations at higher doses, a huge negative for me. I hate psychedelics or anything that causes even mild hallucination or depersonalize or similar. I suffer anxiety and am prone to panic attacks as it is.

Is there any use for me in taking it at all? Unless I get one of frequent bouts of insomnia, What is the lowest therapeutic dose?

How do you stop or hide the glassy-eyed look?
I live with my parents. They know I take a lot of painkillers and that I take "anti-anxiety tablets". I need both. I cannot function without opiates due to pain. Honestly, I could live without the benzos, but sometimes I take a higher dose when I just can't sleep or to potentiate my oxycodone if I'm running low the last couple days before I get my prescription refilled.

My main benzo is alprazolam (Xanax). I take 0.25mg a couple times most days because that dose keeps me calm and slightly enhances the opiates but I don't "feel" the xanax, I just don't "feel" anxious either. I guess that means it's the right therapeutic dose.
I take 0.5mg sometimes when I wanna feel it. Like a little relaxed and happy in a peaceful sort of way. Any more than 0.5mg I tend to be a little forgetful and my speech gets (very noticeably, apparently) slurred. I rarely take more then 0.5mg, really. Sometimes I do 1mg at night and that plus my opiates has me nodding. Any more then 1mg I end up falling asleep.
I mostly stick to 0.25.

However, whenever I take (I'd guess) more than 0.3-0.5 mg alprazolam or 4mg Diazepam, my parents (mother especially) notice right away that even if I don't FEEL it myself, she says my eyes look distant or glazed over like I'm spaced out.

Is there any way to avoid the eye thing? Or the slurring? I don't think taking 0.5mg instead of 0.25 is hugely abusing it. It's still on the lower side of the therapeutic dose. The far-away eyes and slurring make me seem like I've taken a lot more than I have. My brother said he thought I had relapsed (I'm just over 7 months sober from alcohol) and was drunk the first time I had taken 0.5mg shortly before.

Is it just because I have such a low tolerance? When I say I take 0.25mg I sometimes take 0.125mg. And I'm starting to take days off to avoid physical dependency. Especially as I'm dependent on opiates (I was even before I abused them, I have severe chronic pain so my therapeutic dose was enough for physical addiction) and I try to take Xanax "as needed" AKA when low on opiates or feeling anxious

I'd also like to ask (remembering I'm taking short-acting benzo) if taking it only every other day is enough to prevent addiction? Physically, I mean?

Last edited:
No it won't protect against addiction. I can't tell you how to avoid being caught high.

Last edited:
No it won't protect against addiction. I can't tell you how to avoid being caught high.

How infrequently should I take benzo's (alprazolam to be precise) to avoid a physical dependency on them?

I never "get high" on benzos. Taking them to potentiate opiates is arguable getting high on them, yes. But taking 0.5 or less for anxiety is not getting high. I take enough to stop all anxiety (0.25mg) or if I'm low on opiates or unable to sleep 0.5 to 1mg. I just seem to get glazed eyes, a slur and mild forgetfulness even low doses, used for honest reasons.

How infrequently should I take benzo's (alprazolam to be precise) to avoid a physical dependency on them?

I never "get high" on benzos. Taking them to potentiate opiates is arguable getting high on them, yes. But taking 0.5 or less for anxiety is not getting high. I take enough to stop all anxiety (0.25mg) or if I'm low on opiates or unable to sleep 0.5 to 1mg. I just seem to get glazed eyes, a slur and mild forgetfulness even low doses, used for honest reasons.

Everyone is different, but if you kept your dose at the .25, you could probably risk avoiding physical (not psychological IMO) if you took them a few days a week. The problem with xanax is, especially if you're mixing with opiates, I doubt you will be able to keep it at that, lol.

I get a fortnightly prescription and fortnightly pay so I get what I get between the two within a couple days of each other and that's my opiates for 14 days. The last 4-5 days I often take like 120-180mg Oxy a day instead of 200-250mg (like most users I tend to run short at the end, no matter how hard I try...personally a lower, but still nice feeling dose for several days is better than 1 or 2 cold turkey at the end). So I take a total of 0.5 to 1.5mg per day Xanax for anywhere from 3 to 7 days in a row and then have a 7-10 day break from it while I have a satisfactory amount of opiates. I tend to use a recreational (0.5 - 1.25mg) dose once, sometimes twice, during that entire period (and it's usually toward the longer time, so even if I do it twice it's like 2mg total in 9 or 10 days).

The Benzo Mega Thread

DO NOT DRIVE IF YOU GET HIGH ON THESE! IT'S WORSE THAN ON ALCOHOL!

The way it affects your driving is terrible. You're reaction time is shot. It seems every week I read of an accident related to benzos and I live in a small city. The reason you are such a bad driver when high on this stuff is becaue you don''t realize you are really that high. But you ARE!​
[/B][/SIZE]
^^^ this
last week my friend (we were both high on clonazepam) took me home on his moped, it was quite a long ride and eventually we fell off the moped. the amazing thing is that it didn't hurt me in any way and i didn't give a fuck that we harmed our lives! the ride home was really strange, i fell asleep an amount of times and my friend kept on hitting the sidewalk (maybe he fell asleep too) but i didn't give a shit! and i could have likely die from this! hopefully i did not and i learned the lesson. and yeah your coordination is way more fucked up than when you are drunk.
so take this warning very seriously

How can you tell if etizolam are knock-off?
Should they be blue but white inside or blue all the way through?

The guy I got them off I have known for years and he is friends with my brother. I bought a baggie of 50 from him for a pretty low price. He added 6 extra for the crack, he's like that (a big user/seller in general) at parties, he'll often just leave like half a dozen fat lines of coke or speed just for whoever. I don't think I've ever been to his house without him pouring me a double shot of vodka and preparing a bowl.

Anyway, I have no idea of their strength but I guessed 1mg as that seems to be the street drug size and they look identical to the ones when I google "1mg etizolam" on google images lol.

The first time I took one, it knocked me out and I slept for over 20 hours. Didn't wake up to pee or for a glass of water, just 22 hours in a coma-like sleep.

I got some Xanax (10, at first). Started at 0.25mg, now I usually take 0.5 but will sometimes still take 0.25, sometimes as much as 1.5mg over 5 hours or so at night to sleep. I bout 60 more. Love love love Xanax.

2 days ago I ran out and won't be getting more for probably a week. So I started on the etizolam since.

They don't seem to work anymore. I've had 2.5 of them in the last couple hours and barely feel a thing (and what I do feel is probably the 30mg ocycodone I had).

What are the appearance, texture, taste and inside colour like?

My cannabis supplier says his guy has liquid diazepam (Valium) now. He told me he had the guy put some of the liquid diazepam on a quarter oz of his weed (which is retarded imo).

I'm curious about the straight liquid diazepam it's self. Valium was always my fav benzo. I've read this stuff is only used in a veterinary environment. When I asked about prices (not going to discuss that here) I was told I have to buy it by the ounce. I asked how many mg diazepam per mL and he didn't know (probably not even what it meant) and said he'd try to find out. Also told me that the liquid supplier is putting the stuff on blotters for sale.

My cannabis supplier is reliable and I really like him, but every aspect of this sounds soooo fishy. Im just curious if any fellow BLers have any input on this or experience with liquid diazepam. I'm definitely not too convinced or interested in buying this product, but it'd be awesome if it was legit.

Hi Professor,

What are you suspicious about? The fact that the diaz is in solution?

I have clonazepam in solution at 2.5mg per ml. Brand name Rivotril.

I know that's not diazepam, but if you're sus of the fact that it's in liquid form then you need not be. Sometimes benzos are prepared in a liquid solution for easy oral administration.

Well, the guy with the liquid told my supplier that we'd have to buy at least 'an ounce' of the liquid diazepam.

As far as I'm aware, ounce is not the right unit in this context. How many ml are in an 'ounce' of this stuff. I asked my supplier how many mg per ml the liquid is, and he didn't know and didn't say much. It just sounds like one of these guys dont really know what they're doing or trying to pull some dealer crap. Im trying to get more info about it from the source/the guy who has the liquid.

UK laws about benzo dependancy?

Hi.
I have been taking oxycodone, in the form of OC's and also "roxy"codone instant-release, for the past 8 months. I have also been taking Alprazolam for about 4 months.
I was prescribed the oxy for severe chronic pain. After years of crippling anxiety and panic-attacks, and doctors refusing to help because "benzodiazapines can be addictive"...well, other people get them....I self-prescribed them. My anxiety was off-the-chart bad. I was isolated and sweating/palpitations/crying/shaking/nauseous all day every day and I had daily panic attacks. Surely not even the most hard-faced person out there would blame someone who spent 9 years of their life in that state (teen years, at that). I started buying alprazolam. I settled at a dose of 0.5mg 3-4 times a day.
I did start taking more oxycodone and would chew or insufflate the OCs...my doctor found out.

Anyway, I've been at a detox place as a day-patient for 6 days now. While patients there are given valium taper for alcohol or benzo addiction, I was shocked to be told to "use my own" and "cut down myself".
I'm running low now and would rather not start buying them again.

Shall I ask my GP for help? Surely I can't be left to cold turkey? I've had several severe grand mal seizures from alcohol withdrawal (currently 8 months sober) and surely they can't just leave me to either a) continue to self-prescribe benzos or b) cold turkey and seizure out?

Oh, I should have made it clear: I do not have have never abused my anxiety medication. I have never taken it more than 4 times in one day (the suggested amount is 3 or 4) and have never taken more than 1.5mg in any one dose. I occasionally take 1mg if I'm having an actual panic attack (1mg sublingually) because I have been hospitalized for my panic attacks so logically I need a higher dose. I have taken up to 1.5mg in instant of panic attack. My normal dose is 0.5mg.
I do not have an addiction (apart from, obviously the physical dependency that occurs so quickly with benzos) or an abuse problem with benzos. However, it is CLASSED as abuse at the day clinic I'm at as I do not have a legitimate prescription for it.
Personally, I know dozens of people who's anxiety is no where near the severity of mine who are prescribed higher doses of alprazelam or diazapam than I take.

someone said this to me the other day when i said i had blacked out on benzo and they told me this is a form of brain damage caused by it and was wondering if any of you can back this up . thing is its not just these i black out on these day but stims and booze as well

Hi to all my fellow BL`s,

I`ve had some real trouble lately concerning Benzo`s. I`ll give you a quick background on my problem. My mum died in march from cancer,i was very close to my mum,she was my best mate as well as my mum,i told her everything and the bond we had was the best ever. My mum died at home and i witnessed her death which was terrible,i coped for a while but after her burial i imploded,i couldn`t sleep so the doc prescribed me zopiclone which i couldn`t take after a while because of the awful after taste,so i started to self medicate as he wouldn`t give me anything else,i`m already on 16mg Subutex a day.

I got hold of 500mg Phenazepam and 100mg etizolam,i added both to 600ml of vodka so i could measure out my doses,i made the mix and shook the bottle vigorously then gave the cap a lick before putting the bottle in my drawer ready for bedtime. I then decided to drive to my sisters. My sister owns a pub where i had a couple of beers,on my way home i blacked out and crashed my car,the car was a wreck,nobody was hurt including myself.

The police came and arrested me for suspicion of driving whilst under the influence of drugs,i`m on bail and waiting to see what happens...Im hoping that everythig taken into consideration i might get off,i mean i wasn`t thinking properly,i was grief stricken and trying to block out the pain i was suffering at my loss,i wasn`t doing this for fun,i know i should have been more careful when using these powerful drugs but i just wasn`t myself.

I was in the police cell for a couple of days and they had to let me go without interviewing me because i was unfit,i was out of it for about two weeks,after i got home i apparently proceeded to drink all my medication,i probably thought it couldn`t get much worse and tried to kill myself or something,my sister found the vodka bottle empty with lots of crystals in the bottom. In the time i was out of it i was told that i was out in the street with only my under wear on,headbutting lamp posts,standing on the roofs of cars,dancing in the street and so on and so on...I had a complete benzo breakdown.

my doc took me off 25mg diaz an 15mg zopiclone an put me on 12x 2mg clonazepam a day 24mg! in theory if I was to take as prescribed 12 a day how long a detox would that be ,he just gave me mg for mg diaz/clonaz couple months ago I only take 12mg a day paperwork says start on .25mg no more on day 1 he started me on 24mg which fucked my head bigtime , a reasonable detox would take how long an bee how hard as I want to get back to rigs but not allowed on this med and amount! im on 200mg oxy and 2800mg gabapentin too

There is a lot of information in this thread, and I have a question which is more about use than abuse. I.e. the goal is not to get high, but, rather for a comfortable sleep.

Presently, I take keep a buzz going with Fentanyl Citrate. I don't nod out, or do anything crazy. I enjoy a shot every couple of hours to keep relaxed. Then every couple weeks I take a suboxone vacation for a couple of weeks. While on suboxone, my tolerance drops rapidly. When on suboxone, I literally take 1 8mg pill every other day. The first couple of days I feel crappy, but, it's actually not so bad.

When starting back on the fent, I start very slowly, as I am aware there are more significant resp depression issues with Fent than Heroin. I actually switched off heroin because I have very little control while on it, I abuse the hell out of it because I enjoy the strong euphoria just too much. With Fent, there is no euphoria, so, I just feel a pleasant relaxation. I haven't been using the Fent for very long, but, I like it way more than Heroin. I don't abuse it like I do heroin, I enjoy the feeling, and I can function at 100% while on it. I also noticed the negative side effects are non-existent compared to what I get from heroin.

Now, enter the benzo. I know its extremely dangerous to mix. However, some nights I just cannot get to sleep. What I've always done is that I will wait about an hour after a shot, then I will take a single 1 mg Ativan (Lorazepam). About 30 minutes later I enjoy a deep sleep. I've tried sleeping pills, and all kinds of stuff.

The combined sedative effect of the Lorazepam and Adivan are very pleasant, as well as well documented. This combination is used in medicine all the time.

I feel well rested, and dream well, enjoy good REM, etc.

I will never increase above 1mg, nor will I ever do it everyday. I would say that I take 1mg at bedtime about 2 times a week. Even if I cannot sleep, I refuse to take more than 2mg a week for fear of dependency.

It's this kind of discipline thats kept me around as a casual user for over 40 years now. Not bragging, just saying that I really mean it when I say I won't go over 2mg a week, nor will I ever spike pop an adivan back to back. I do always wait an hour for IV, and 1.5 hours for IM.

Unreleated, but, related in theory, In the past, when I've overdone heroin, I would not feel rested after waking up. Now, this is completely without the use of benzo's, but, in the past, when I've used a lot of heroin to sleep, I've woken up tired. I have a theory that too much heroin will make you sleep, but, that the resp. depression going on will cause a type of apnea which will result in you not getting a good nights rest. This is a theory built on it happening to me many times. I've long since done big doses of opiates. I now find that low tolerance, and a small amount is good for me.

So, because I didn't feel rested the next day after nodding from Heroin, and it likely being related to resp depression, and because I do feel very well rested after taking 1mg of Adivan, my thinking is that it is okay.

Am I completely off on this, or is my thinking in the correct place?
Thank you.

Phoenix, that is quite a story friend. My condolences to you for what you've been through. I have a lot of experience abusing and using drugs. I used to love tragedy because it became my best friend. The reason for this is that misery loves company, and drug addicts like my self love misery. The reason is because it's the perfect time to use. Use and use and use. I'm still figuring all this out and it's been many decades. The only thing I've figured out by now is that I always feel the same way after binging out. I always feel the same as I felt at the beginning of the binge. The only difference is that I have to start all over in NA, and lose the trust I've built in my friends and family. That is why I finally stopped binging and switched to casual use.

First of all, alcohol and benzos don't mix, this is why you'll find yourself dancing naked in the streets. If you need to take both, spread them way far apart. This will make the damage to you and your property less severe. Like take benzos one day, and alcohol the next. Or drink in the morning, and take the edge off the come down in the afternoon. This way the binge isn't as harsh.

Thats what I would do if I was going to binge. Now, you need to decide how to handle the grief. It's not something can tell you what to do about. Everyone grieves differently. You mentioned a sister, are you close to her? Believe me, I understand if you tell me that she won't talk to you. I totally understand that too. Been there, many times. But, if she'll talk to you, keep in mind that she is likely grieving over the loss of her mom too, so, I would think it would be a perfect fit for the both of you to get together and talk about it. Cry together, and lean on one another for awhile.

Binge using works, but, the messed up part is that it hurts just as bad when your done. The pain doesn't get any better, at least in my case. But, if you can talk through it with someone, it'll help a little bit. Thats why you need to keep talking about it. Each and every day you work through it, it gets better.

I hope this helps bro.

Is it just me or are the sub films half the strength of sub tablets? I had to switch to the films because of insurance and they absolutely sucked for me. Then my insurance ran out so I decided to stop taking it all together. Withdrawls not too bad yet but I never had anything from the films so not a big difference. My dumbass doctor said they are discontinuing production of the tablets and now I see teva making them in generic form. They still soo expensive the doctors and pharma companies can all kiss my sack. I'll do it the old fashioned way, weed and benzos.