• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos The Benzodiazepine MEGA THREAD - Direct Benzo Questions Here

hey i currently get prescribed 25 2mg clonazepam tablets a week and it's indicated for anxiety. I'm currently tapering down slowly because of the effect it has on my sex drive. I also have trouble sleeping and because of the long HL of Clonazepam i just mainly dose once a day at night and it will hold me the 24 hours fine, but it's not, and never has been helping me sleep too well.

I want to ask my GP if he'd consider switching me to Hypnodorm. he knows how i dose and he knows that i'm having trouble sleeping but says he won't give me anything else because i'm already on one strong benzo. to be honest, I'm over clonazepam.... don't get me wrong, it's friggin great for anxiety, but i fancy trying the one benzo with legs that i've always wanted to get scripted to me.

So basically i'm wondering if it's worth asking for the switch..... i know it doesn't have quite as long HL as the Clonaz, and it's roughly the same strength.... so can Hypnodorm be indicated for anxiety and sleep issues? it would be like killing 2 birds with 1 stone and i'd still be reducing of the Benzo regardless,

just after anyone's opinion/experience with Hypnodorm being indicated for anxiety reasons primarily and as a sleeper for secondary reasons.... cheers

That is a huge dose of clonazepam... That said, clonazepam is a poor choice for sleep. Combine these two, and I'd say you'd definitely be better off on a more suitable benzo.

Wondering if anyone can tell me how effective Phenazepam is at sending you to sleep after taking psyches and stims?
It will work, but the half-life is extremely long and it will linger into the next day. It is good for occasional use, but not wise if you're going to be doing regularly.

any way to make xanax stronger at all like a potentator of some sort
White grapefruit/ cimtidine extends the length of the effects IME...

hey i currently get prescribed 25 2mg clonazepam tablets a week and it's indicated for anxiety.

You are taking quite a lot of clonazepam for what I assume is Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD). If anxiety is the only condition you are experiencing, I would suggest discussing with your physician the use of an SSRI or similar class of pharmaceutical to help with the anxiety.

Receiving ~300mg of clonazepam a month for anxiety alone is astonishing to me. This would be more justified if you had epilepsy or panic disorder, in my opinion.

I want to ask my GP if he'd consider switching me to Hypnodorm.

This is Flunitrazepam (Rohypnol is another brand name). I am not aware of the frequency that this is dispensed in your area, but I have noticed Psychiatrists around my area dispensing other benzos before they even consider flunitrazepam.

he knows how i dose and he knows that i'm having trouble sleeping but says he won't give me anything else because i'm already on one strong benzo. to be honest, I'm over clonazepam.... don't get me wrong, it's friggin great for anxiety, but i fancy trying the one benzo with legs that i've always wanted to get scripted to me.

It seems to me that you have a skewed perception of benzodiazepine use. It's no surprise that benzos are addictive; this is why use for anxiety should be kept low or temporary, as there are other first-line drugs that should be considered for long-term treatment of anxiety (i.e. SSRI's). Psychiatric literature recommends that benzodiazepines be used sparingly with anxiety disorders. CITE

So basically i'm wondering if it's worth asking for the switch..... i know it doesn't have quite as long HL as the Clonaz, and it's roughly the same strength.... so can Hypnodorm be indicated for anxiety and sleep issues? it would be like killing 2 birds with 1 stone and i'd still be reducing of the Benzo regardless,

just after anyone's opinion/experience with Hypnodorm being indicated for anxiety reasons primarily and as a sleeper for secondary reasons.... cheers

IMHO I would suggest the idea of using an anti-depressant, such as an SSRI, to help with your anxiety. You may discuss the option of getting a sleep-aid such as Eszopiclone or Zolpidem Tartrate to use until the anti-depressant takes full effect (~few weeks). Definitely do not abruptly stop taking your clonazepam, continue to taper.

Best wishes :)

^Good advice here as well; I agree that other medicines could be more useful to you depending on your exact circumstances...

i am also w/ding off benzos but im not taking valerian or kava to help with the w/d's because i can handle w/d's because of the shit in my life that has made me strong emotionally and mentally and i can just go no pain no gain. But if valerian was stronger, wouldn't they make 80% extract out of that or full spectrum out of that instead of kava? ive been through 5 oz of kavalactone extract and i have a tincture of valerian and my cat loves that nasty smell.. anyways kavalactones work on GABA more than valerian.. even tho valerian is the starting point for veleric acid which in turn makes Depakote a mood stabilizer script.. but i guarentee if you buy some 80% kavalactone paste and take the size of a pea you will think you just popped 30mg's of valium. That was back before i had a tolerance to benzos, now i probly wouldn't even feel the whole little jar it comes in with my tolerance being 10mg clonazepam. :\
and why do you say you know jack shit?

NSFW:
Effects of kavalactones include mild sedation, a slight numbing of the gums and mouth, and vivid dreams. Kava has been reported to improve cognitive performance and promote a cheerful mood.[14] Kava has similar effects to benzodiazepine medications, including muscle relaxant, anaesthetic, anticonvulsive and anxiolytic effects. They are thought to result from direct interactions of kavalactones with voltage-gated ion channels.[15] Research currently suggests that kavalactones potentiate GABAA activity but do not alter levels of dopamine and serotonin in the CNS.[16] Heavy, long-term kava use does not cause any reduction of ability in saccade and cognitive tests but is associated with elevated liver enzymes.[17]

Desmethoxyyangonin, one of the six major kavalactones, is a reversible MAO-B inhibitor (Ki 280 nM)[18] and is able to increase dopamine levels in the nucleus accumbens. This finding might correspond to the slightly euphoric action of kava.[19]

Kavain, in both enantiomeric forms, inhibits the reuptake of noradrenalin at the transporter (NAT), but not of serotonin (SERT).[20] An elevated extracellular noradrenalin level in the brain may account for the reported enhancement of attention and focus.
[edit] Effects

Medical literature sometimes claim it has a "potential for addiction" because "it produces mild euphoria and relaxation"[21] In a traditional setting, a moderately potent kava drink causes effects within 20–30 minutes that last for about two and a half hours, but can be felt for up to eight hours. Some report longer term effects up to two days after ingestion, including a feeling of mental clarity, patience, and an ease of acceptance. The effects of kava are most often compared to alcohol, or a large dose of diazepam.

The sensations, in order of appearance, are slight tongue and lip numbing (the lips and skin surrounding may appear unusually pale); mildly talkative and sociable behavior; clear thinking; calmness; relaxed muscles; and a sense of well-being. As with other drugs that affect the GABA receptors, there can also be paradoxical dysphoria. The numbing of the mouth is caused by the two kavalactones kavain and dihydrokavain which cause the contraction of the blood vessels in these areas acting as a local topical anesthetic. These anesthetics can also make one's stomach feel numb. Sometimes this feeling has been mistaken for nausea. Some report that caffeine, consumed moderately in conjunction with kava can significantly increase mental alertness.

The effects of a kava drink vary widely with the particular selection of kava plant(s) and amount. A potent drink results in a faster onset with a lack of stimulation; the user's eyes become sensitive to light, they soon become somnolent and then have deep, dreamless sleep within 30 minutes. Sleep is often restful and there are pronounced periods of sleepiness correlating to the amount and potency of kava consumed. After wakening the drinker does not experience any mental or physical after effects.[citation needed] However, this sleep has been reported as extremely restful and the user often wakes up more stimulated than he or she normally would (though excessive consumption of exceptionally potent brew has been known to cause pronounced sleepiness into the next day). Although heavy doses can cause deep dreamless sleep, it is reported that many people experience lighter sleep and rather vivid dreams after drinking moderate amounts of kava.

^wiki

Valerian extract worked quite well for me actually. You just need to drink like a whole bottle of extract at a time and it's a miracle(Maybe not that much, But definitely a lot more then the recommended dose). It just depends on the type you get. I haven't tried kava but it sounds good from the way your describing it. Valerian will make you stop twitching and actually give you some slight relief from benzo withdrawal in my experience. So it's worth it to experiment with some different brands.

Anyone here experienced with the magnolia extracts? I'm curious how they work as anxiolytics. I tried the magnolia 20x extract and it didn't work well, but the 90%+ magnolol/ hokinol stuff out there seems to be a bit of a different story. Still, it doesn't seem to be talked about that much and so I'm looking for more experiences here...

Where was he doing it then, his muscles? Either way he might seem fine now but his entire circulatory system is undoubtedly unhappy. I've read of people who like to i.v benzos just to feel it come on sooner even if there is no rush & they ultimately wound up experiencing excruciating pain all over their body.

I believe he was doing it in his upper arm and backside muscles. I don't know anything about what he is doing, but I have heard of those horrible sores that come that sometimes require emergency attention...forgot what you call them though. And my information is only limited to television.

Wow! That is crazy about the experience with pain all over like that! Very scary!! All the more reason people should take it as directed, huh?! I suppose that comes from him tinkering with his muscular system I suppose? Still, it sounds absolutely awful though! I would "think" he knows what he is up against. If not, he needs to! I didn't realize how bad that was.

is there any sort of herbal/legal/supplements to help with anxiety i have a big problem with xanax my tolerance went thru roof upward of 5 to 7 mg a day jus to stay sane!

I'm not asking for a source but can you give some indication of where you got Triazolam from? like online or something?

Again i'm not looking for a source it just baffles me people can get it, i didn't know there was any country that still has doctors prescribing it...

You can get triazolam prescribed in both Japan and the United States.

I have also tried some because my friend got some online.

If it's still being sold online or not - we don't discuss here, but people get them both ways, since you are just curious.

Why inject benzos when the oral bioavailability is already very high (around 90 percent)? I don't get it.

Midazolam kicks in nearly instantly when IV'd.

When used in medicine, you NEED to have midazolam IV'd. There's just no other way of having it kick in as quickly.

It greatly reduces human suffering, that's really why it should be IV'd in a medicinal setting.

Last night I found an old packet of my room-mate's Valiums. Being the stupid person I am, I decided to see what it would be like to experience a benzo high. I took four 5mg tablets, and later on smoked a little bit of weed.

Yesterday (before I took the Valium) I was feeling depressed (I have mild depression which only really comes on randomly but not that often), but today I feel horribly depressed to the point that I want to cry for no reason. Even when I hung out with friends, I felt like crying.

I don't know whether I'm just having another depression relapse or whether it's because of the Valium and Pot.

What do you guys think?

Diazepam just isn't for you.

Just diazepam, or all benzos, may do this to you.

The first benzo I tried - the same thing happened to me. The culprit was clonazepam. It was horrible. However - I have tried 8 other benzodiazepines, and ONLY clonazepam effects me this way.

Lorazepam, diazepam, and others such as temazepam and triazolam can cause random/opposite-from-its-intended effects like this, which are not intended. This would be known as a paradoxical reaction.

hey i currently get prescribed 25 2mg clonazepam tablets a week and it's indicated for anxiety. I'm currently tapering down slowly because of the effect it has on my sex drive. I also have trouble sleeping and because of the long HL of Clonazepam i just mainly dose once a day at night and it will hold me the 24 hours fine, but it's not, and never has been helping me sleep too well.

The only benzodiazepine that doesn't interrupt REM sleep is temazepam.

I wouldn't take benzos every day, and especially not that dosage of them, unless you wouldn't mind being physically dependent on them.

Last edited:
Crying the day after seems to be set off more by larger doses IME... If you do try diazepam again, I'd try 10 - 15mg instead of 20mg. For depressed people, benzos can be a bit of a mixed bag as they get rid of anxiety short term, but the anxiety generally comes back even stronger the next day. This is tolerable for most, but for some people it is too much.

I am new to this forum. I have been using benzos recreationally for about 4 months now. So far I have tryed diazepam, clonazepam, xanax, lorazepam, nitrazepam, flunitrazepam, temazepam dormicum and triazolam. My fave has to be xanax because it is the most potent without totally putting me out. Least favorite temazepam. The flunitrazepam I felt no euphoria just sleepiness. I liked the triazolam. It felt euphoric but the one dose 0.25 dose knocked me out and left me a little hung over in the morning. Next time I try triazolam I will have half my dose and see if I can stay awake so I can feel some of that I can euphoria feel some of that euphoria. I can say that I have had some small doses of euphoria from all the rest of the benzos. The dormicum is suppossed to be best IV'd but I am not intrested in IV drug use. Dont mean to knock anyone who is but I have fear of needles that I cannot overcome. Best just to use as a sleeping pill with slight euphoria. I am curious about exploring the world of benzos further and plan on doing more research.

Hi, I am a former abuser of all opiates and only Xanax.
But today, I was prescribed 1 mg Klonopin which I have never tried, my motivations were not the purest, but I am wondering what I can expect just taking 1 mg per day.
I do like a bit of a buzz, which I get from 1 mg at this point. Would it be better to not take them daily and use when I feel the need to get intoxicated?
Thank you all so much for future answers.

Hi, I am a former abuser of all opiates and only Xanax.
But today, I was prescribed 1 mg Klonopin which I have never tried, my motivations were not the purest, but I am wondering what I can expect just taking 1 mg per day.
I do like a bit of a buzz, which I get from 1 mg at this point. Would it be better to not take them daily and use when I feel the need to get intoxicated?
Thank you all so much for future answers.

That's a typical starting dose. You should expect to have your anxiety reduced. You should expect to not feel anxious, if your a anxious person this is great. There might be some slight memory problems. But for the most part it's going to kill your anxiety and make you sleep good.

When your dose goes up to 2mg's a day you should feel it completely.

I would suggest to keep taking them as needed or keep your dose really low.

Being dependent on klonopin isn't fun at all. Dont take them everyday, and trust me you'll thank me later :)..

And honestly if you want a buzz from klonopin's it's a hit or a miss. Somtimes they might get you high other times they wont do shit accept wire you. It seems to have that effect the most out of any benzo's.

If you have a drink with it, it will definitely help.

I would look into getting a different benzo and taking that as needed or just take what you have as needed. Maybe once a week or whenever you feel you need it. Just not everyday.

Honestly when I started takeing clonazepam. I mg taken subliguially did the trick for a couple of times a week. Maybe have a shot of vodka or two. Or beer or wine what ever is your preference towards alcohol. But no more than one or two. Overdrinking on benzos is not a pretty site.

You are taking quite a lot of clonazepam for what I assume is Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD). If anxiety is the only condition you are experiencing, I would suggest discussing with your physician the use of an SSRI or similar class of pharmaceutical to help with the anxiety.

Receiving ~300mg of clonazepam a month for anxiety alone is astonishing to me. This would be more justified if you had epilepsy or panic disorder, in my opinion.

and what you'll find more astonishing is that i was scripted 33 2mg tablets the first ever visit to this GP, i had however, been to that clinic several times before in the space of a year and seen other GP's that i'd be turning down xannax, or begging for a script of 50x5 diazepam. You could say that i am very good at charming certain people and getting what i put my mind to. depends on the person

This is Flunitrazepam (Rohypnol is another brand name). I am not aware of the frequency that this is dispensed in your area, but I have noticed Psychiatrists around my area dispensing other benzos before they even consider flunitrazepam.

yeah its a last line pretty much anywhere in the world because of the stigma thats still attached to it. In fact where i live it's the only Benzo to be scheduled 8, along with morphine, oxycodone etc... while all the other benzo's are schedule 4 here. Stupid really when you have a small white almost tasteless 2mg clonazepam tablet that would work better as it dissolves easy and isn't noticeable in my opinion. i know it's not a hypnotic, but it's a nitro benzodiazapine and related to flunitrazepam with amnesia being a common side affect for bezo naive people. Well i just got scripted 10 purple 0.125mg Halcion pills per week.....the highly anticipated Triazolam:) will be my fist time in 1 hour:) and i'm wondering how many i should take=D considering i have a 7mg clonaz tolerance a day, last dosing 4mg this morning.

It seems to me that you have a skewed perception of benzodiazepine use. It's no surprise that benzos are addictive; this is why use for anxiety should be kept low or temporary, as there are other first-line drugs that should be considered for long-term treatment of anxiety (i.e. SSRI's). Psychiatric literature recommends that benzodiazepines be used sparingly with anxiety disorders. CITE

I have a vivid perception on benzo's and at the moment, for personal reasons, i need the 50mg of clonaz a week. I have some pretty good sex drive considering so it's not affecting my personal life, but we both know it's a very high dose, and i was surprised as you were when he first scripted me clonaz..... i simply asked for it. now that i'm reducing slowing i'm finding that i need it more than ever, but only very short term. I'm going to stay static on 50mg a week on clonaz for a month, then start tapering.... and now that i've got 10 hypnotics to play with a week. I could go back, but we'll see how these go. BTW i take all of my clonaz in 2 doses since i've been tapering, the only reason i dose at once is because of the HL and nothing more. I turn down Xanax because i don't really like it and i can get it as easy as getting a train ride, the anti social way.

IMHO I would suggest the idea of using an anti-depressant, such as an SSRI, to help with your anxiety. You may discuss the option of getting a sleep-aid such as Eszopiclone or Zolpidem Tartrate to use until the anti-depressant takes full effect (~few weeks). Definitely do not abruptly stop taking your clonazepam, continue to taper.

Would never stop abruptly from any benzo tolerances again, ever. 6 weeks of valium. oxazepam and xannax(in that order) and then cold turkey from 8mgs a day was bad from day 1 and kept getting slowly worse and worse. On day 5 i couldn't hack it anymore and did some reading and drank about half a glass of red wine and it gave me more relief than i could imagine. finally got some sleep, and woke up feeling alright.

I'm 28. I've had all the above thrown at me as they say. i will not go back on an SSRI unless i know exactly everything about it, and even then, i'd just prefer to go back on Mirtazapine. or try something akin to something as worthwhile as mirtazapine. In my experience with all anti depressants, yess even a MAOI... the less you notice them the better. the positive affects are always very subtle. Anyway, i just got of the stuff about 6 weeks ago.

now i'm going to work out if i should take a .5mg of triazolam n fall asleep

Best wishes :) Oh and thanks for the advise anyway Shaman. Have any for Ibogiane? I'm planning to be off the benzo's in time for undergoing Iboga:)

Last edited:
Oh and to anyone thats familiar with Triazolam. I have a 7 mg a day tolerance to clonazepam(last 5 days it's been 5mg a day) what should my first dose be? i've never had it before. I want to have it and go to bed and feel the effects and hopefully fall asleep and be good for work tomorrow. My gut say's 3x.125

it's got kind of a bitter sweet taste, but not even a fraction of bitterness of xannax. i'm trying to have it as sublingual as possible as the BA is slightly better. Another question. i know most aren't soluble in water, but what about Triazolam. I know it's what they give you at hospitals as an injection, but can you manage IV'n them with using a .22 MF? and minimizing the harm. or is that just a stupid question? most likely the latter, but worth knowing non the less. And no i've never attempted tio IV a benzo, not even the Temaze gel caps

Last edited:
Oh and to anyone thats familiar with Triazolam. I have a 7 mg a day tolerance to clonazepam(last 5 days it's been 5mg a day) what should my first dose be? i've never had it before. I want to have it and go to bed and feel the effects and hopefully fall asleep and be good for work tomorrow. My gut say's 3x.125

it's got kind of a bitter sweet taste, but not even a fraction of bitterness of xannax. i'm trying to have it as sublingual as possible as the BA is slightly better. Another question. i know most aren't soluble in water, but what about Triazolam. I know it's what they give you at hospitals as an injection, but can you manage IV'n them with using a .22 MF? and minimizing the harm. or is that just a stupid question? most likely the latter, but worth knowing non the less. And no i've never attempted tio IV a benzo, not even the Temaze gel caps

Triazolam is the most potent benzo there is for human consumption (although, it seems like brotizolam may be more potent but we need more data to prove it). Triazolam is 2x more potent than clonazepam (0.25 mg triazolam = 0.5 mg clonazepam). If you can take 7 mg of clonazepam at once and be okay, I'd suggest you cut that dose in half for triazolam and then cut it some more because triazolam is an hypnotic agent, whereas clonazepam is not. What this means is that triazolam has stronger effects, especially sedative effects. I normally would never recommend such a dose, but since you have such a massive tolerance, I recommend you start off with 1 mg triazolam and wait for about 30 minutes to see what happens. If nothing happens, take another dose (0.5-1 mg) and that should get you to sleep.

No triazolam is NOT water soluble.

The only benzos that are water soluble are flurazepam, midazolam, and loprazolam (not lorazepam).

clonazepam potentiation with CYP3A inhibitors:

why is there a sticker on bottles of alprazolam and diazepam citing not to use grapefruit and NOT on a bottle of clonazepm if all are metabolized by cyp3a?

any cy inhibitor should potentiate clonazepam since its metabolized by the same enzyme yet there is no listing in the PDR or warning on the bottle. leads me to think something i dont know lurks out in the interwebs hmmmmmmm

clonazepam is very strange. unlike other benzos it seems to have a ceiling effect.. like after 4mg nothing else happens. I also seem depressed when I take clonazepam. due to the long half life I am trying to vcut down from 1mg a day to 1mg every other day. mayve 1/2mg every day I'm not sure yet.

also drinking on clonazepam has no effect on me. they almost seem to cancel each other out. any other benzo or even gabapentin/lyrica they potentiate each other. and I use to drink a lot but now drink maybe a 6 pack a week.

cliffs: klonopin is the worst benzo IMO. temazepam the best

^There is definitely not a ceiling like that with clonazepam... I understand what you are referring to though... You're just not realizing how intoxicated you truly are getting.