• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

The Aus/NZ/Asia Drug Busts Mega-Thread El Número Cuatro DISCUSSION thread

interesting little fact; "WA still has the most pure heroin at 46 per cent, though the amphetamine found had a sharp decline in purity from 25 per cent in 2010-11 to just one per cent in 2011-12."

good to know about the smack being the best in the country, although I disagree with the comment made in regards to the meth purity.. seems to me that whatever they're confiscating is just, coincidentally, pure shit because the stuff were gettin is deff. ~50-60% pure (thats just a guesstimate, lol)

WA again recorded the second highest number of clandestine drug laboratories found - behind only Queensland, which had 381.

In 2011-12, 160 WA laboratories were found, almost all producing amphetamine-type drugs.

Interesting that WA has the most pure heroin in Aus tho.

Last edited:
Very odd. I wonder if that's just one major pure bust impacting on the statistical relevance of others, or there really is more pure heroin west.

I think there has been a miscommunication somewhere or the reporter who produced the article has misunderstood something. I strongly suspect that there was one entry for amphetamine and one entry for methylamphetamine in the relevant table this person has worked off. Do to the very low level of amphetamine seizures, it may be that there was only a couple and they were of very low purity, and hence the 1% figure.

There is no way the average purity of MA seizures anywhere in this country is 1%. The report should be available online if anyone has the time to chase it down and prepare our own "article". I think a massive bust influencing the purity to that extent is unlikely and if it was occurring then they would use the median figure as opposed to the average.

Man's designated drug area at home lands him in court

A PALMVIEW man who had a "smoking room" in the shed in the back yard "to keep the drug activity out of the house" has been fined $800 for drug possession.

Police visited the home of Peter James Wakeford, 36, who took them on a "walk around" to reveal his various drug-use pastimes.

His activities included sessions with his mates where "he would shout them cones of cannabis, and they would smoke the cones in the smoking room", an admission which led to charges of supplying dangerous drugs.

Police also found 24 LSD tablets, which the Maroochydore Magistrates Court heard were for his personal use, as well as a grinder, metal box, scales and water pipes related to cannabis use.

Wakeford, who is qualified in politics, is hoping to work in the public service in international relations.

He pleaded guilty to several offences.

No conviction was recorded.

So, charges of 'supplying dangerous drugs' and '24 trips of lsd', 'scales' and 'bongs' and no conviction recorded? Wtf, score or what?

Yeah, and 24 trips and scales sounds to me like dealing not personal use. I guess he had a good lawyer or the judge was in a good mood or something.

Then you get this guy -

Cops find drug crop in ensuite

A CONNEWARRE man made $10,000 in six months by trafficking cannabis grown in his ensuite and walk-in wardrobe, a court has heard.

Alan Haigh, 45, pleaded guilty in Geelong Magistrates' Court yesterday to charges of trafficking, cultivating and possessing a drug of addiction.

Police prosecutor Leading Senior Constable Geoff Lamb said, at 7.55am yesterday, police executed a drug search warrant on Haigh's property.

"When asked if he had any drugs in the house, Haigh led police to the ensuite which had been converted into a hydroponic set-up where four large cannabis plants were growing under light shrouds," Sen-Constable Lamb said.

"Four smaller plants were growing in the walk-in robe."

He said police also found small bags containing ground cannabis and equipment and chemicals associated with a hydroponic set-up.

"He told police he began growing cannabis for his own use but then started trafficking it to make money," the prosecutor said.

"He also told police he had made $10,000 during the last six months through drug trafficking."

Defence lawyer Shane Balkin said his client had no priors and at 45 should have known better.

"He lives on a property at Connewarre, has animals and works as supermarket shelf filler at night," Mr Balkin said.

"He also receives some income from a rental property in Melbourne."

Mr Balkin said his client was shocked when police arrived at his property, but had co-operated fully with them and had not "mucked them around".

"Ending up in police custody is the new reality for him and he knows that if he chooses to continue dabbling in this stuff, jail is what awaits him," he said.

Magistrate Ann McGarvie convicted Haigh on all counts and sentenced him to three months' jail suspended for two years.

4 large plants and 4 small plants and gets 3 months jail (suspended for 2 yrs) and also admitted the weed was first for personal use and then started trafficking it and made 10 grand. Why? Why not just say its all for personal use.

Could a mod please add this thread to the 'Australian Drug Discussion Introduction and Directory' in the 'discussion' section, as I looked and it wasnt there. Thanks.

That is whack, yo.

Why would 24 LSD tabs, scales AND admitting to police that he "shouted" his mates not get a conviction, or even a suspended sentence (I thought there were no longer any suspended sentences allowed in Aus? Is that just Victoria?)

Something definitely smells fishy with a hint of bacon.

this cunt obviously knew the right people.. bit of a co-incidence he's 'qualified in politics'? lol

at the end of the day, I dont see why he should receive any harsher of a sentence... he just had a choof shed out back which he ate some tabs and shouted his mates a few billies.. whats wrong with that :?

although the law says otherwise, those scales could be used to weigh choof that he bought for personal use?!

still.. one lucky bastard

A total of 16 cannabis plants as well as an amount of cannabis, LSD tablets and cash were seized during the search warrant.

What is it with LSD tablets? Are there actually tablets that contain LSD or are the media so dumb that they assume a "tab" is a "tablet"?

[JUMPTO][/JUMPTO]
interesting little fact; "WA still has the most pure heroin at 46 per cent, though the amphetamine found had a sharp decline in purity from 25 per cent in 2010-11 to just one per cent in 2011-12."
good to know about the smack being the best in the country, although I disagree with the comment made in regards to the meth purity.. seems to me that whatever they're confiscating is just, concidentally, pure shit because the stuff were gettin is deff. ~50-60% pure (thats just a guesstimate, lol)
Looking at the tables more indepth i think reveal this..
There were far less heroin seizures made in WA compared to states like NSW and VIC which no doubt has skewed the results. For me the table shows that heroin is much more prevalent on the east coast thhn WA and i think that the high purity seizures in WA have more to do with larger original busts being made in NSW or on the east coast and the subsequent busts made over australia because if it rather than actual purity levels found in WA.

As for Meth. Again the table dlesnt really give accurate results. All capital cities (bar perhaps darwin) would have meth available in similar purities (from the very good to very bad). The only major difference ia the price for meth

Yeah I don't use smack so I couldn't tell you what kind of purity reaches the street in WA usually. I think there were a few ODs around or before the time that paper came out so its possible there were some good batches. I seem to remember talk of strong stuff being around but perhaps someone on the scene could comment on that more accurately.

I wonder if due to the lack of prevalence people are bringing in their own from online sources? That wouldn't surprise me either.

Perhaps this belongs in Drugs in the media, but it also involves a bust...

Person behaves like chicken as ecstasy linked to bizarre behaviour

Date
July 29, 2013 - 4:57PM

inShare
submit to redditEmail articlePrint
A bad batch of ecstasy has been linked to a series of bizarre incidents in Adelaide including one person licking the dance floor at a nightclub and another acting like a chicken in the back of a taxi.
Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/national/pers...e-behaviour-20130729-2qujh.html#ixzz2aR2C6ujk

Looks like the old 'Chicken Powder in the ecstasy pills' trick is doing the rounds again.
I've seen one of the actors on Playschool acting like a chicken. I've also seen a kid with ADD lick the ground at a camp.
Come on guys, lets rally for enough public outrage to ban Playschool and retarded kids.

^ They (the SA cops) rekon the pills contain NBOMe... Chicken powder is PMA right? They don't mention that yet.

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/threads/685298-South-Aust-Pill-warning-MTV-s

But yeah, people act stupidly on all sorts of shit, some people also act silly even on nothing at all as you were saying. I'm, pretty sure loads of pissed people have probably done weird things like licking the dance floor or acting like a chicken in the back of a taxi before and all sorts of stuff really.

^ They (the SA cops) rekon the pills contain NBOMe... Chicken powder is PMA right? They don't mention that yet.

The chicken powder thing was intended as a pun. I'm not asserting that those pills contain PMA. Yes, 'Chicken Powder' is PMA.