Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

The Aus/NZ/Asia Drug Busts Mega-Thread El Número Cuatro DISCUSSION thread

Sustanon

Bluelighter
I have been speaking with a number of mods and waiting for their approval regarding this thread. I'm pretty sure most of you guys including me would like to ask questions or add discrete comments to some of the articles posted in the Aus/NZ/Asia Drug Busts Mega-Thread. We could link the article here if any of us would have any questions, comments etc and that way we could thoroughly discuss it without having to derail that thread or clutter it with posts as I'm fairly certain most people just prefer to read the bust articles and this is one of my number one threads to read through.

I have a question already about an article posted in that particular thread. Before any mods would delete this thread could I ask them to really discuss this topic, Poledriver and I would really like this thread to be around and I'm certain a lot of us would to.

16-year-old returns positive reading for drug driving

A 16-year-old Southside boy has returned a positive reading to a prescribed drug while driving when stopped by police yesterday (Wednesday, January 25) in Weston Creek.

Members from ACT Policing’s Road Safety Operations team were patrolling the area after a member of the public reported a possible unregistered trail bike riding through the suburb of Chifley.

About 6.45pm police located the trail bike rider at the intersection of Streeton Drive and Hindmarsh Drive, Weston, and had the rider stop.

The 16-year-old was riding an unroadworthy bike with a home made number plate attached to it and is an unlicensed rider.

The youth, in the presence of his parents, underwent a roadside drug screening test with the test indicating the presence of a prescribed drug in his system.

He will be summonsed to attend the ACT Children's Court at a later date charged with unlicensed rider, unroadworthy trail bike, and possession of a prohibited substance.

The oral fluid sample will be submitted for formal laboratory testing. If the laboratory confirms the roadside test result, the youth will be summonsed to court for a further charge of driving with a prescribed drug in oral fluid.

From my understanding the roadside swabs only test for THC, MDxx and also Methamphetamine. Is there something I'm missing here? None of these 3 substances are available for prescription. Is there a new test that many of us do not know about? Been trying to figure it all out for a while. I know there are a lot of substances that are similar in structure but I thought that they only look for the 3 that I mentioned, quite confused about it all.

A 16-year-old Southside boy has returned a positive reading to a prescribed drug while driving when stopped by police yesterday (Wednesday, January 25) in Weston Creek.

- from ACT

from my searches NSW, QLD, VIC all seems to only test for what you mentioned above on swab tests -

In Victoria, roadside saliva tests detect drugs that contain:

THC (Delta-9 tetrahydrocannabinol), the active component in cannabis
methamphetamine, which is found in drugs such as "speed", "base", "ice", and "crystal meth"
MDMA (Methylenedioxymethamphetamine), which is known as ecstasy.

These tests do not detect the presence of legally prescribed drugs or common over-the-counter medications.
http://www.druginfo.adf.org.au/fact-sheets/the-facts-about-roadside-drug-testing-web-fact-sheet

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
QLD-
What drugs will be tested?

Police will ask you to provide a saliva sample for the purpose of testing for:

• THC—the active ingredient in cannabis

• Methylamphetamine—also known as speed and ice

• MDMA—the active ingredient in ecstasy.

Saliva tests will only be able to detect the active ingredients of the nominated drugs THC, MDMA and methylamphetamine.
Even though methamphetamine is manufactured from substances such as pseudoephedrine (found in cold and flu tablets) those substances will not be detected by the saliva tests.
QLD - http://www.police.qld.gov.au/programs/roadSafety/drugDriving.htm

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NSW
Police have powers to carry out roadside drug testing on any driver, rider or supervising licence holder in NSW for the following drugs:

Delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), the active component of cannabis.
Methylamphetamine, also known as speed, ice, crystal meth, or base.
Methylenedioxymethylamphetamine (MDMA), also known as ecstasy.

Driving with the presence of cocaine or morphine (heroin)
There is also an offence of driving with the presence of cocaine or morphine (heroin) in blood or urine (unless the morphine was taken for medicinal purposes).

http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/roadsafety/alcoholdrugs/drugdriving/roadsidetesting.html

Couldnt find ACT...

Fuck oath, I often want to post in the busts thread, which I thoroughly enjoy. I think this thread could be a good thing, in saying that, I honestly felt sick to the stomach reading a disgusting post involving dirty pigs strip searching a 12 year old girl. TWICE! What, didn't they get a good enough look the first time!? Did the other boys in blue want to watch as well?! What the fuck?!? http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/threads/...ero-Cuatro?p=10293612&viewfull=1#post10293612 - It is quite possible that posts like mine is why mods don't want discussion. But seriously, doesn't anybody else think that this is disturbing?

With the roadside test, could it be something like dexies that he tested for?

Susta: Prescibed this word, in this context, is not used as in prescrition drugs yo.

its used as meaning substances that have been listed in the section of the law etc.

another example is so and so being caught with "priscribed glassware"

and you can see clearly, there really isnt prescrition glasswares is there? :D

anybody else think that this is disturbing?

Yes, they had an enquiry into it, and deemed it ok, with suspicion or whatever, but i don't like the whole idea. I really hope it was a female cop doing that search, even tho in the presence of her mother.

One of the things I was most disturbed at, is the fact they didn't have a real enquiry. I quote:

Mr Tilyard says a review was conducted rather than an internal investigation because the facts did not suggest any of the officers involved had acted unlawfully.

So somebody has looked at the case and said this wasn't worthy of an investigation. I am still fuming at this, it could be considered sexual abuse. What would the child be thinking, being strip searched twice, by uniformed officers, when there was nothing found on her?

^^^ Correct me if I'm wrong but I didn't see any mention of a strip search or two in this post and it's a guy.

Great thread sustanon, I too have wanted to discuss some of the busts here and there. Great idea.

I guess they will sink to all time lows in order to "win" this drug war hey? Either way i would feel rather violated if i was that young child.

it's an unwinnable, indefinite war - by design.
it's not about winning, it's about control. same terms of reference as the "war on terror". control, fear, control.

Regarding the "prescribed drug" question above, I assume the journalist, sub-editor, or proof-reader made an error, because "proscribed" means prohibited, while "prescribed" means, for example, what doctors do with medications. My understanding is that there are relatively quick urine tests that can detect "prescribed" benzos and opiates which theoretically could be done "roadside", but the article above referred to a saliva test done by the cops, and, as already explained by those who posted above, these only detect TCH, meth, and MDMA, which are "proscribed".

^ well said. you can never really underestimate how factually - or in this case, technically - inaccurate the media can be.

what about ritalin? It supposedly contains a small amount of mdma. Maybe they were reffering to tnat when they mentioned prescribed drugs

MDMA in ritalin?? I dont think so man. Ritalin contains methylphenidate.

Man arrested on drugs charges - Mosman

Police have arrested and charged a 68-year-old Chipping Norton man after finding drugs and a large amount of cash in a car he was driving.

About 1.55pm yesterday (Sunday 5 February 2012), police pulled over an Audi vehicle in Ourimbah Road, Mosman.

Police conducted a search of the driver and the car, and allegedly located over five kilograms of cannabis and more than $13,000 in cash.

The man was arrested and taken to North Sydney Police Station where he was charged with a number of offences, including supplying a prohibited drug and dealing with the suspected proceeds of crime.

He was granted strict conditional bail to appear in North Sydney Local Court on Tuesday 28 February 2012.

Scratching my head as to how he got bailed out? Have heard of people getting caught with way way less but getting no bail? Really surprises me. Are the police payed off or something?

might be this 68old's first ever offense. lets face it, someone that old, is not really a flight risk is it now?????

or the police do believe he was just a dumb drug mule etc etc.

or this guy has loads of $$$$ and have the best criminal defence lawyer money can buy

Man arrested on drugs charges - Mosman

Police have arrested and charged a 68-year-old Chipping Norton man after finding drugs and a large amount of cash in a car he was driving.

About 1.55pm yesterday (Sunday 5 February 2012), police pulled over an Audi vehicle in Ourimbah Road, Mosman.

Police conducted a search of the driver and the car, and allegedly located over five kilograms of cannabis and more than $13,000 in cash.

The man was arrested and taken to North Sydney Police Station where he was charged with a number of offences, including supplying a prohibited drug and dealing with the suspected proceeds of crime.

He was granted strict conditional bail to appear in North Sydney Local Court on Tuesday 28 February 2012.

Scratching my head as to how he got bailed out? Have heard of people getting caught with way way less but getting no bail? Really surprises me. Are the police payed off or something?

Yeah, whilst this guy gets 8 yrs jail (minimum 6) for 1.3 kg's of meth in his car...
Kometer jailed over drug stash found in car

A 44-year-old Kalgoorlie man will spend at least six years behind bars after being caught with more than 1.3 kilograms of methylamphetamine hidden in his car.

Ralph Roger Kometer was found guilty by a jury of possessing the drug with intent to sell or supply.

The District Court was told that in November 2010, Kometer and another man had collected the drug in Perth and were intending to distribute it in Kalgoorlie for reward.

At the time, police said Kometer was believed to be associated with the Gypsy Jokers bikie gang.

Judge John Wisbey described the crime as premeditated and carefully planned.

He sentenced Kometer to eight years jail with an order he serve six before being considered for release.

Maybe he had few priors or something, doesn't say.

I did a bit of a sigh when in the paper this morning I saw the headline "New Drug Threat Danger" or some such...turned out to be about BZP though! Nice :)

On about page 11 of the Advertiser...wasn't a bad little article (compared to the usual)

I was sure it was going to be about roflcoptr or skat-cat.

Here we go -

095021-drugs.jpg

SOUTH Australian drug dealers importing and selling large amounts of a dangerous new drug have triggered a nationwide crackdown.

Dealers are pressing Benzylpiperazine, which has caused seizures and contributed to deadly drug cocktails in New Zealand and Europe, into tablets and then selling it as ecstasy to unwitting users.

The Australian Crime Commission - the country's peak crime body - has found the drug networks are operating mainly out of SA.

The stimulant gives the user a sense of euphoria and causes other cardiovascular effects. Legislation was introduced to the Australian Parliament in November to list the drug - also known as BZP - as a controlled and border-controlled drug.

It gives police and authorities greater power in monitoring and charging people dealing the drug, who can now be hit with a number of import and export, trafficking and possession offences.

Prior to the change, the maximum penalty for importing BZP was a $110,000 fine. Traffickers now face up to life in prison.

"The regulations . . . make Australia hostile to groups attempting to import BZP," ACC chief executive John Lawler said. "The legislative change provides the basis for law enforcement to use sophisticated investigation."

The commission began its push to have BZP declared a border-controlled drug after authorities seized a drum containing the substance while searching an Adelaide ship in November 2010.

"This was the first instance of BZP being located suspended in liquid in Australia," Mr Lawler said.

University of South Australia School of Pharmacy and Medical Sciences head Professor Jason White said the drug's use in Australia had become apparent over the past few years and that BZP had similar effects as amphetamines.

"It's generally regarded as somewhat weaker than amphetamines but can produce similar adverse effects with large enough doses," he said.

"People who take the drug may experience a racing heart, vomiting, agitation, confusion and there is a risk of seizures. It can be quite an unpleasant and potentially dangerous experience if people have adverse effects."

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/...tional-crackdown/story-e6frea83-1226264133179

Last edited:
Thank fuck for that, "Traffickers now face up to life in prison" At least there will be one less piperazine traffickers. Good to see that they have removed this dangerous shit off the market.

Today 06:57 Report Post

Suspect package left at court contained drugs

Police have confirmed a suspect package left at the Federal Court building in Perth contained drugs worth about $50,000.

Officers were called after a black sunglass case containing two bags of a white crystal substance was found behind a statue outside the building.

Preliminary analysis of the substance has confirmed it to be methamphetamine.

Investigations into the identity of the man who put the case there are continuing.

bahah. looks like someone went to the courthouse with their crackypack. and then at the last moment realising drugs arent really allowed in the courthouse so then quickly hid it somewhere outside. bahahaha!