• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

The 70s rock, punk and new wave thread...

Eeeee, Stonehenge 84 will forever be etched in my memory as the best of times and the worst of times.

Me and a mate hitch hiked down from Warrington with heads full of speed. The last stretch of the journey was with a couple of hippie chicks who we totally failed to get off with.

I'll never forget traversing the brow of a hill to find the whole site laid resplendent before us like a medieval war encampment. The smell of wood smoke and black hash hung heavy in the air.

Having been thoroughly binned off by the hippie chicks, the first thing we did was score some hash. Set up camp, got wasted and crashed out to the throbbing vibrations of over amplified dub reggae.

Woke up in the morning desperate for a shit.

Problem. Only one set of toilets on site.

Joined the endless queue with an interminable rumbling in my guts.

After 30 minutes of queueing, the rumbling became critical. Realised I couldn't hold on much longer and made a run for the surrounding fields. Unfortunately, a mistimed fart became a shart, which subsequently became a tsunami of shite in my pants. These were left unceremoniously on the branches of a tree in some poor farmer's field. (No wonder people hate hippies.)

Luckily, I'd packed a spare pair of jeans.

After the gutrot subsided, I ran into a couple of scouse bikers I knew who happened to be selling smack on site. Unfortunately, they had been selling to one of the angels, who then decided to slash open their tent one night in an attempt to retrieve them of their gear. He got no gear, (it was in my tent), but he did get all of the money. So the scousers only went and battered the cunt, breaking his arm in the process.

Cue two scouse bikers exiting the site extremely quickly, before the angels could retaliate.

Next day, I found the opium and black hot knives bus. One for 50p, or 3 for a quid. Fuckin no brainer.

The entrance side of the bus had a long queue of expectant and salivating freaks waiting for their turn.

The exit side showed the grim reality. The grass was littered with the remains of what were formally known as 'people', all uttering the same mantra; "Fuckin hell man, I'm wasted!!".

Fast forward to solstice eve and a young Fubz totally off his tits on acid, speed, smack, opium and black watching the Hawks play through the night.

Then a commotion broke out right in front of me. Some very tall and skinny Charles Manson lookalike decided it would be a good idea to start taunting one of the angels. To be fair, the angel (who was twice as wide as he was tall) kept his cool for a while. Until eventually he'd had enough, pulled out a massive a knife and started licking the blade with a wild look in his eyes. It was at that point that another one of our group (who wasn't quite a full shilling - think Syd Barret syndrome), happened to appear right between the two of them. Time for a fuckin sharp exit. I was seriously expecting another Altamont scenario, but rather than 'Sympathy for the Devil', the soundtrack was 'Uncle Sam's on Mars'.

The rest of the stay was thankfully quite uneventful, I think.

One memory that stands out was the bus loads of tourists that drove around the site taking photos like they were in a wildlife park.

Fuckin bizarre...

Eeeee, Stonehenge 84 will forever be etched in my memory as the best of times and the worst of times.

Me and a mate hitch hiked down from Warrington with heads full of speed. The last stretch of the journey was with a couple of hippie chicks who we totally failed to get off with.

I'll never forget traversing the brow of a hill to find the whole site laid resplendent before us like a medieval war encampment. The smell of wood smoke and black hash hung heavy in the air.

Having been thoroughly binned off by the hippie chicks, the first thing we did was score some hash. Set up camp, got wasted and crashed out to the throbbing vibrations of over amplified dub reggae.

After 30 minutes of queueing, the rumbling became critical. Realised I couldn't hold on much longer and made a run for the surrounding fields. Unfortunately, a mistimed fart became a shart, which subsequently became a tsunami of shite in my pants. These were left unceremoniously on the branches of a tree in some poor farmer's field. (No wonder people hate hippies.)

After the gutrot subsided, I ran into a couple of scouse bikers I knew who happened to be selling smack on site. Unfortunately, they had been selling to one of the angels, who then decided to slash open their tent one night in an attempt to retrieve them of their gear. He got no gear, (it was in my tent), but he did get all of the money. So the scousers only went and battered the cunt, breaking his arm in the process.

Cue two scouse bikers exiting the site extremely quickly, before the angels could retaliate.

Next day, I found the opium and black hot knives bus. One for 50p, or 3 for a quid. Fuckin no brainer.

The entrance side of the bus had a long queue of expectant and salivating freaks waiting for their turn.

The exit side showed the grim reality. The grass was littered with the remains of what were formally known as 'people', all uttering the same mantra; "Fuckin hell man, I'm wasted!!".

Fast forward to solstice eve and a young Fubz totally off his tits on acid, speed, smack, opium and black watching the Hawks play through the night.

Then a commotion broke out right in front of me. Some very tall and skinny Charles Manson lookalike decided it would be a good idea to start taunting one of the angels. To be fair, the angel (who was twice as wide as he was tall) kept his cool for a while. Until eventually he'd had enough, pulled out a massive a knife and started licking the blade with a wild look in his eyes. It was at that point that another one of our group (who wasn't quite a full shilling - think Syd Barret syndrome), happened to appear right between the two of them. Time for a fuckin sharp exit. I was seriously expecting another Altamont scenario, but rather than 'Sympathy for the Devil', the soundtrack was 'Uncle Sam's on Mars'.

One memory that stands out was the bus loads of tourists that drove around the site taking photos like they were in a wildlife park.

Fuckin bizarre...
Bet youplayed up for the tourists? Fuck knows, I did!

@F.U.B.A.R. That is quite some anecdote man! I wish I'd have been at the peak of my drug years at that time, and attending that festival. It sounds like it would have been amazing, if fucking hairy and scary at the same time!! But that would have added to the buzz and excitement I'm sure. (Festivals are so fucking sanitised, corporate, clean, and middle class now. I attended Glastonbury in 1991 and 94. And as The Levellers were headlining in 91, I think that may have been the last year that the 'new age travellers' attended en masse. I don't think it was ever the same afterwards)

But I'd only have been 13 years old in the summer of 1984 and the chances of my parents allowing me to go that festival, if I'd even have dared to have asked, would have been completely laughable. I wouldn't have had neither the guile nor the convincing acting skills to have invented some kind of alternative imaginary event that they'd have believed I was going to either.

I've learnt the hard way never to trust a fart when your stomach is feeling off in any way, and it sound like yours was extremely bad! :LOL:

I wont ask how you managed to get out of that situation, sans jeans, shit streaked, in full public view in the morning light.

I hope you were wasted enough just to have the balls just to front it out. Not much else you could do I guess!

Last edited:

Fuckin bizarre...
Shit is biodegradeable, so where is the problem? Uoop north, where the great unwashed masses live, they still cover fields in unprocessed pig shit. Compared to that, as I said, where is the problem?

I wont ask how you managed to get out of that situation, sans jeans, shit streaked, in full public view in the morning light.

I hope you were wasted enough just to have the balls just to front it out. Not much else you could do I guess!

It was a bit of a ninja job mate. The field was secluded, so it was jeans off, dump pants, jeans back on then hurry back to tent to wipe arse and change jeans. All good...

It was a bit of a ninja job mate. The field was secluded, so it was jeans off, dump pants, jeans back on then hurry back to tent to wipe arse and change jeans. All good...
Oh I see. I had visions of you marching back to your tent butt naked from the waist down :LOL:

Fuckin bizarre...
I was there...cant remember much - peace convoy, lots of acid and smack hawkwind playing all night ...oh and hot knives a plenty, thats about it...oh and some twat who shit himself lol

kinda mad that 4 of us regular eadd posters were at the same ultra underground (at the time) free festival 38 and a half years ago!
This is sounding a bit like that legendary Sex Pistols gig at the Manchester lesser Free Trade Hall in 1976, which had a tiny audience of about 12 people or something like that, but most of those individuals were to go on to become really big names in the Manchester and UK music scene over the following years.

Or does this comparison exist only in my head? :LOL:

This is sounding a bit like that legendary Sex Pistols gig at the Manchester lesser Free Trade Hall in 1976, which had a tiny audience of about 12 people or something like that, but most of those individuals were to go on to become really big names in the Manchester and UK music scene over the following years.

Or does this comparison exist only in my head? :LOL:
no it's fair enough - I get what you mean

main difference is those guys who saw that gig (Ian Curtis, Peter Hook, mark E Smith and Morrisey at least iirc) went on to form highly rated musical projects whereas us Stonehenge '84 BL crew...well we didnt! (Except Ozric Tentacles...they did)

EDIT I do bet though that Henge 84 was pretty seminal musically/culturally for us guys...it defo was for me....was my first festival and pretty much changed everything

Anthony Wilson was there too, or claimed to be there, I think. Possibly Peter Shelley too, not sure about that one though. I could cheat and google it, but cba right now tbh..

That 84 festival has become legendary too though. Possibly because it so terrified the Tories that it became the precursor to the infamous Battle of the Beanfield, and a whole raft of legislations clamping down on 'alternative lifestyles', if I've got that right/ iirc?