• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

The 2017/2018 NFL thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ very interesting. thanks for sharing.

i don't think mal will be impressed as they place cam in 20th place behind guys like dalton, winston and taylor :)

alasdair

“Greatest” is really subjective. I guess I would associate greatness with accomplishments, in which case, go ahead and call Brady the goat. But I honestly don’t think he’s the most naturally gifted or talented qb. I’m not hating right now, it truly is my opinion.

Cam usually can’t throw a deep pass to save his life, but he makes up for it with his running game and athleticism.
Tom is the opposite of athletic and not really much of a mover, but he can throw with the best of them and he’s scary accurate.
RW is a fucking genius the way he moves with the ball, dodges, and keeps plays alive. Intelligent and intuitive but not much of a technician.

Rodgers can do some of all that. I think of him as the most talented because he can do a variety of things extremely well.

^ very interesting. thanks for sharing.

i don't think mal will be impressed as they place cam in 20th place behind guys like dalton, winston and taylor :)

alasdair

Lol. You think Cam hate from the sports media bothers me? It’s all day every day so I’m kinda used to it by now. Everyone knows some of Cams stats suck. Everyone also knows he’s been playing with a fucked up shoulder all season, so. Oh yeah...no receivers either. That will throw some things off.

“Greatest” is really subjective.
sure. but you mocked the idea that brady was the 'greatest' which suggests that it's possible to compare different candidates which means there's some capacity to independently or objectively measure it, at least to some extent.

I guess I would associate greatness with accomplishments, in which case, go ahead and call Brady the goat.
we agree!

But I honestly don’t think he’s the most naturally gifted or talented qb. I’m not hating right now, it truly is my opinion.
fair enough. i think if you asked most nfl qbs whether they'd prefer to be considered the most talented qb or have 5 superbowl rings the answer would be pretty standard :)

i placed a bet on the playoffs:

titans +8
rams -6
jags -8
saints -6.5

feeling nervous in retrospect about titans picks but i think it could be closer than people think and the chiefs fail to cover.

alasdair

sounds like the Lions might poach Patriots' defensive coordinator Matt Patricia to be our new head coach.

what do you know/think about him, ali?

sure. but you mocked the idea that brady was the 'greatest' which suggests that it's possible to compare different candidates which means there's some capacity to independently or objectively measure it, at least to some extent.

we agree!

fair enough. i think if you asked most nfl qbs whether they'd prefer to be considered the most talented qb or have 5 superbowl rings the answer would be pretty standard :)

i placed a bet on the playoffs:

titans +8
rams -6
jags -8
saints -6.5

feeling nervous in retrospect about titans picks but i think it could be closer than people think and the chiefs fail to cover.

alasdair

jags gonna bite you

takin money line on the Bills

Saints to win the bowl

^ time will tell :)

sounds like the Lions might poach Patriots' defensive coordinator Matt Patricia to be our new head coach.

what do you know/think about him, ali?
i think he's done a great job. pats defense used to be a joke but, odd ups and downs aside, they've been solid for at least the last 5 years.

alasdair

it's been an absolutely incredible run. of course it's going to end at some point (soon).

jon gruden back to the raiders! love it!

alasdair

Lions fanfiction: General manager Bob Quinn (former head of scouting for the Patriots), having already been considering Patriots defensive coordinator Matt Patricia to be the Lions' new head coach, decides to slightly change gears and talk team owner Martha Ford into shelling out the dough to hire Darth Bill instead. Matthew Stafford, under Belichick's wing, becomes the new #1 ranked QB in the league. The Detroit Lions go on to win five Super Bowls over the next 10 years.

jon gruden back to the raiders! love it!

alasdair

and a 10 year contract, no less. absurd!

when people talk about the 'best ever' aren't they talking about career accomplishment for the most part? the term i see used most commonly is "goat" or "greatest of all time". when people talk about the "goat" aren't they always talking about career accomplishment?

how would you go about measuring who's the 'most talented'?

alasdair

but when someone says greatest show on turf just about every adult male knows exactly what that means

hugs and saliva to mike, can't wait for tomorrow

win or loss my saliva still smells worse than yours

and if rams lose i'll mostly be pissed cause i can't watch them again until september

but i think if ever it's their year it's this year, despite the youth and shit, i just don't think they will ever be able to replicate the amazing highs and such little lows this season has offered

6 rams named to all pro team, and only 4 got voted to lame pro bowl
donald, gurley, hekker, zuerlien, whitworth(old ass left tackle) and pharoh cooper (PR/KR)

rodger saffold on 2nd team is a legit snub, not sure anyone played the LG position better than him this year, as the most tenured player on the roster i have an admiration for him, shit he was drafted back when spagnalo was head coach and same year bradford was drafted (2nd round out of that big ten power house indiana)

wth did u just say bro?

prepare yourself for 2004 all over again

i said i'm excited rams will finally get a home field advantage with falcon's coming to town

sorry, but the passion for your team stretches maybe 40 square miles, not expecting to see many falcon's colors in seats, not just cause of the amount of asses in seats but also their colors are rather innocuous

Alasdair reminds me of our recently retired boss. Relentless, always right but fuck it's chaos without her

but when someone says greatest show on turf just about every adult male knows exactly what that means
of course they do because their accomplishments were legendary.

how do you feel about losing your qb coach to the raiders?

alasdair

Hubby says Patriots are the snobs of football. Notre dame are catholic fucks and packers are town owned and the city buys in. He recommended I root for them.

i said i'm excited rams will finally get a home field advantage with falcon's coming to town

sorry, but the passion for your team stretches maybe 40 square miles, not expecting to see many falcon's colors in seats, not just cause of the amount of asses in seats but also their colors are rather innocuous
Lol

Real talk may the best team win. No hochuli bs. Falcons 4-10 with hochuli as ref and rams 9-9. No idea how that’s possible since falcons have never been that bad to have a record like that with any ref

Anyways should be a sick game, easily best wild card game

If falcons lose (crazy hypothetical) rams are probably the team I’d love to see win it all most. Not counting Vikings since that’s my brothers team.

Well also tyrod but that feels impossible

I think most people want to see the team that beat them in the playoffs go all the way. Makes them feel better about their loss. Maybe it’s just me.

this kc/ten game blows.

Edit: ok, now it’s pretty interesting.

Last edited:
awesome second half.

i lost my prediction but bet on tennessee as the first game of my 4 game parlay. fingers crossed!

alasdair

Where would the Titans have been in that game without Mariota? 2 biggest plays in the game...all Mariota.

that game went basically exactly like i expected which almost never happens. feels good to finally have playoff experience on falcons' side.

falcons defense is one of the best in the league and nobody knows it because all the stars are on their 2nd and 3rd years. and our offense looked great considering the pressure matt was under with our interior line banged up and going against aaron donald.

Status
Not open for further replies.