• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

The 2017/2018 NFL thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
now THIS is a boring argument...

Thanks for showing us how it’s done with this fascinating commentary.

(btw, what happened to our posts? It’s like all the apostrophes turned into gibberish)

Last edited:
norv turner to the panthers as oc.

what do you think, mal3?

alasdair

norv turner to the panthers as oc.

what do you think, mal3?

alasdair

Well the criticism is that he is going to want to turn Cam into a pocket passer and Cam won’t be able to do it because that’s just not who Cam is. It’s kinda funny hearing people’s reaction though, because this is what everyone has been saying Cam needs, but now that it’s clear that’s what they’re going for “oh that will never work”.

No one will ever try to take Cam’s running away, but I think this change is obviously to help him not have to rely on it so much. It’s going to be a huge benefit to the offense as a whole and especially our TE Olsen. And to me this leaves no doubt that we need to put everything we have into getting a WR if this is indeed the direction they are going with Cam.

I don’t know much else about it to be honest. He has great successes and great failures in his past as most do. The haters will want to emphasize his failures, we will want to assume the best. But I can tell you, getting rid of Shula has been number one on the fan base wish list for a long time now.

I think if we find a good wideout and the new OC can help Cam on converting third downs, that alone could be enough to make the difference.

i bet on:

falcons -3
over 41.5 in the falcons/eagles game
steelers -7.5
saints +4.5

alasdair

Wow what an exciting game! Glad my eagles pulled it out.

yep. big win for the underdog 1st seed :)

pats looking solid right now.

alasdair

yep. big win for the underdog 1st seed :)

pats looking solid right now.

alasdair

Lol. His team had to play the Falcons. Y’all got to play the fucking Titans. Congrats on looking solid at home against the Titans. :)

Hey Ali, would you rather play against Case Keenum and the Vikings in Minnesota or Drew Brees in Minnesota?

^ we'll play keenum :)

but first we have to win against the jags and that's not a foregone conclusion: bortles and fournette are both playing incredibly well and each helps the other; the jags defense just keeps getting it done.

Lol. His team had to play the Falcons. Y’all got to play the fucking Titans. Congrats on looking solid at home against the Titans. :)
so bitter. titans beat the chiefs on the road at arrowhead. sure, they're one of the weaker teams in the playoffs but they stepped up and it's the playoffs.

alasdair

Yeah I’m bitter now, but I’ll die if the Patriots win again only having to face Mariota, Bortles, and Foals/Keenum. Yeah, a win is a win, but even you gotta admit that is ridiculous.

Yeah I’m bitter now, but I’ll die if the Patriots win again only having to face Mariota, Bortles, and Foals/Keenum. Yeah, a win is a win, but even you gotta admit that is ridiculous.
'only'. lol. ok.

alasdair

i don't get the Case Keenum hate

i even liked him at the beginning of last season with the Rams.

i don't get the Case Keenum hate

i even liked him at the beginning of last season with the Rams.

I have nothing against him... he's obviously very talented. He's just inexperienced. In a scoring contest with Brady he is going to be at a huge disadvantage, no matter where they're playing.

Ali should just admit that the Pats play in a weak division and get all the breaks. Seriously, what other team could get so lucky? Won a SB off the greatest choke of all time then gets to play the Titans and the Jaguars in the playoffs the very next year. Oh yeah, and the league MVP who he would have had to play in the SB gets injured.

Last edited:
I have nothing against him... he's obviously very talented. He's just inexperienced. In a scoring contest with Brady he is going to be at a huge disadvantage, no matter where they're playing.

yeah, so much in the NFL we look for "proven"/"experienced" quarterbacks and try to be wary of flukes. but the guy lead the Vikings to a 13-3 record in the regular season and will now be playing in the NFC Championship game. how much more proof does he have to give? it's getting a little ridiculous.

yeah, so much in the NFL we look for "proven"/"experienced" quarterbacks and try to be wary of flukes. but the guy lead the Vikings to a 13-3 record in the regular season and will now be playing in the NFC Championship game. how much more proof does he have to give? it's getting a little ridiculous.

Well Cam was offensive rookie of the year, offensive player of the year, league MVP, (he’s the only qb ever to do that), has 3 division titles, a NFC championship, went 15-1, and has the most rushing touchdowns for any qb in nfl history.

and he still doesn’t get credit.

So I’d say Case has a little more to prove as of right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.