• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

The 2017/2018 NFL thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
and holy shit it's 3,4 - congrats on the canes being back, to an extent

Thanks man, it's been a long wait. Looking forward to the game against Wisconsin on Saturday.

The NFC has been insanely difficult this year, while the AFC has been free as fuck, aside from Pitt and NE.

do you think the bills get past the jags jahseeus?

chargers fail again dwe...

alasdair

we did way better than everyone thought, glad we swept raiders. and i still had a reason to watch all the way through the season...if it wasnt for a few missed kicks we would be in.....

lets go next year!!!!
jags secretly lost on purpose so they would not have a chance to play us

chargers lost to jags in OT, jags are weak, also chargers destroyed bills....im happy with how the season ended, we have alot to look forward to.

steelers vs rams superbowl

falcons have been in rams position so many times. super inexperienced but dominated regular season then lose first round to more experienced playoff team.

im feeling like it's finally gonna work in falcons favor. we'll see. defense getting hot at right time, now need to just stop dropping so many passes.

do you think the bills get past the jags jahseeus?

chargers fail again dwe...

alasdair

I'm just enjoying the moment. Don't ruin it please.

If McCoy can't go I don't think we stand a chance.

I'd love for them to have an opportunity to have a shot at new England though.

hoping for a atlanta first round game because won't have to worry about their fans taking over and i think rams beat them by more than 2 possessions

wth did u just say bro?

prepare yourself for 2004 all over again

Last edited:
out of bills and titans, chargers are the better team.. but is what it is.. that what u get playing like shit first quarter of the season

in football being in the playoffs is better than not being in the playoffs.

i’ve learned that a team that can’t win key games is not a great team having a bad day. it’s just a mediocre team.

chargers can demonstrate they’re better next year. if they were the great team you say they are, they would have overcome their shitty start. that’s what great teams do. for now, buffalo and tennessee have a playoff game to prepare for...

alasdair

Lol...pats fans are so shamelessly arrogant. Make America Great Again Tommy was the beneficiary of the biggest choke in SB history just one year ago. Now, this year:

5th seed in the NFC: 11-5 (car) against the tied-fifth hardest schedule.

5th seed in the AFC: 9-7 (ten) against the tied-easiest schedule. who are they tied with for the easiest schedule in all the league, you ask? the third seed in the AFC Jaguars.

Meanwhile the top two teams in the newest power rankings are (ne) and (pit) with 3 losses each against the tenth and fourth easiest schedules, respectively.

If I were a Patriots fan I’d be pretty damn happy right now. Best qb of all time (supposedly) on a well rested team who coasted their way to a first round bye and home field advantage. All you gotta do is beat one pushover team at home, boom you’re in the AFC final against a team who almost lost to the historically awful 0-16 Browns.

Talk about “mediocre” teams winning “key” games.

Last edited:
Lol...pats fans are so shamelessly arrogant.

haters going to hate. i'm not arrogant - i'm just enjoying my team's success. i doubt you could honestly deny that you'd be happy about a streak like this if it was your team?

regarding my comments to dwe about the chargers, i'm just pointing out his foolish logic. it's like saying if it wasn't for a few million dollars poor people would be rich people. right! because that's the factor that makes the difference. football isn't about what might have happened, it's about what happened.

Make America Great Again Tommy was the beneficiary of the biggest choke in SB history just one year ago.
yeah, the patriots offense and defense had nothing to do with that epic comeback...

Meanwhile the top two teams in the newest power rankings are (ne) and (pit) with 3 losses each against the tenth and fourth easiest schedules, respectively.
i think that strength of schedule tends to be overrated. of course it's a factor but - between player changes and scheme changes alone - using last year's results to predict the future is inaccurate.

Best qb of all time (supposedly)...
you disagree that brady is the best qb ever? if so, who's your pick?

you sound like a pretty typical bitter football fan. cheer up - your team is in the playoffs!

:)

alasdair

Last edited:
Everything I said was true though. Except the shot I took at pats fans, that’s just my opinion. :)

I wonder which NFC team is gonna beat the Pats in the SB? Probably not Carolina, we’ll probably get beat in the first round against the Saints. Some teams have to play really good opponents throughout the playoffs, ali...can you believe that?

the pats earned their first round bye during the regular season. you act like they pulled the long straw or something.

maybe if carolina had beat the hapless bears in week 7 and atlanta on sunday, they'd have a first round bye too. but they didn't so you get to play in the first round.

you never answered my question about tom brady being the greatest...

alasdair

Brady is the most accomplished...if you want to call that the best, whatever. I don’t think he’s the most talented. Brady playing at 100%, Rodgers playing at 100%, I’d probably take Rodgers.

when people talk about the 'best ever' aren't they talking about career accomplishment for the most part? the term i see used most commonly is "goat" or "greatest of all time". when people talk about the "goat" aren't they always talking about career accomplishment?

how would you go about measuring who's the 'most talented'?

alasdair

Status
Not open for further replies.