• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

The 2017/2018 NFL thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the refs will rule in the Patriots favor 999/1000 times, regardless of the facts.
i just rewatched the game highlights.

on eli rodgers touchdown there was a flag thrown but the ref. picked it up and they announced no ineligible receive downfield when there were at least 2.

on martavis bryant's on-handed catch for the td, why did he have to catch it with one hand? no opi call on that play...

alasdair

Gilmore was arm checking him just as much...where do you get opi?

i'm perfectly loose. i just don't hate when it comes to sports.

alasdair

That's because you're a Patriots fan who has only been following since the Patriots were good. Difficult to hate anybody when your team is the greatest dynasty of all time.

Endure a couple of losing seasons after Tom Brady retires and then get back to me.

^ nah.

i moved to boston in october 1993. when i started watching football, the patriots - along with the bengals iirc - were the worst team in football. they went 5-11 the first year i was a fan. the next year was better (10-6) but 1995 they went 6-10.

i had to wait 9 years - and watch a lot of pretty bad to mediocre football - to see them win the superbowl in 2002. been pretty good since then, though.

but don't let the facts get in the way of your erroneous assumptions.

alasdair

Last edited:
The main difference is Gronk walked out way sooner than Cam did. Cam’s time was almost up, plus he asked if there were any more questions before he walked off. Gronk had basically just started.

The last question to Cam wasn’t simply a football question. It was an underhanded insult disguised as a football question. And this type of provocative questioning had been going on a while. “Cam, do you and your team have the wherewithal to make big plays consistently?” Seriously? The wherewithal? Does that idiot have any idea he’s talking to the 2015 mvp who took his team to the super bowl just two years ago? They went 15-1 that year. They’re 9-4 right now including wins against the Patriots, Falcons, and Vikings. So yeah, I think they do have the wherewithal.

The other big difference is the media had a field day with one of these, and largely ignored the other. One guy intentionally attacked a defenseless man in the back of his head, the other dude is a little immature at times.

Oh yeah, and ones white and the other one isn’t...but I’m sure that has nothing to do with it...

if they said, "Ryan does your team have the wherewithal to make big plays consistently?" i wouldnt take any offense.

idk i just see a big difference between the two

We both agree they are different. I explained how a I thought they were different. You haven’t.

and it’s easy to say you wouldn’t take offense, but you aren’t putting it in the proper context. Matt Ryan doesn’t have the history with the media that cam does. If you go back and watch the fallout from the “sexist comment” and the next few press conferences after that, you would see what I’m talking about.

But we can just leave it. I’m tired of talking about it.

^ nah.

i moved to boston in october 1993. when i started watching football, the patriots - along with the bengals iirc - were the worst team in football. they went 5-11 the first year i was a fan. the next year was better (10-6) but 1995 they went 6-10.

i had to wait 9 years - and watch a lot of pretty bad to mediocre football - to see them win the superbowl in 2002. been pretty good since then, though.

but don't let the facts get in the way of your erroneous assumptions.

alasdair

My bad. I thought I remembered you saying differently. Guess I was wrong.

I probably should have included a winky face or something in my post in order to give it the proper tone and context.

I still think you will feel much more liberal when it comes to using the word "hate" in the context of sports after the Patriot dynasty ends. Nothing fuels resentment for losing like past success.

Nothing fuels resentment for losing like past success.

As a Giants fan I almost let that happen. But I have waited patiently till a good working team came about and won super bowls. Starting in 1986 as the first for me.

As I get older I get less about certain teams winning and more about good football. (which I did not get watching Giant games this year). I get why ex football players become commentators and get more generic about fandom.

ram's 42-7 stomping of the seattle fade aways was the biggest win for any team this season

usa_today_10484741.0.jpg

this season is so fucking awesome no matter how it ends

hoping for a atlanta first round game because won't have to worry about their fans taking over and i think rams beat them by more than 2 possessions

Nick Foles looked serviceable against the giants even though the defense laid an egg. We got the bye hopefully we end up with a weak NFC team in the divisional round and Minnesota in the NFC championship. Really want to avoid New Orleans if possible. I don't like the matchup with our secondary vs them. Hopefully it snows in Philadelphia for the division game to equalize the qb position. It's hard to imagine us beating a top qb in the playoffs

ugh you're such an eagle's fan

there's no such thing as a weak team in the NFC playoffs, their 6 seed is probably as good as AFC's 2 seed

i hope eagles land the 2 seed and rams the 3 and get revenge in NFC semis - and i'm sort of afraid of vikings, but it's another team i'd love to get revenge from, see rams had to play some pretty good teams this year, their opponents win percentage is .516, tied for 9th most difficult schedule in NFL, yet lead NFL in point differential at +166, the eagles strength of schedule is tied for 28th, yawn

todd gurley for MVP, aaron donald for DPOY, and sean mcvay for COTY

and holy shit it's 3,4 - congrats on the canes being back, to an extent

Last edited:
ugh you're such an eagle's fan

there's no such thing as a weak team in the NFC playoffs, their 6 seed is probably as good as AFC's 2 seed

i hope eagles land the 2 seed and rams the 3 and get revenge in NFC semis - and i'm sort of afraid of vikings, but it's another team i'd love to get revenge from, see rams had to play some pretty good teams this year, their opponents win percentage is .516, tied for 9th most difficult schedule in NFL, yet lead NFL in point differential at +166, the eagles strength of schedule is tied for 28th, yawn

todd gurley for MVP, aaron donald for DPOY, and sean mcvay for COTY

and holy shit it's 3,4 - congrats on the canes being back, to an extent

I'll take it as a compliment ;). Your right about the NFC having some good teams. I was looking last night and the teams fighting for the wildcard all have legit SB chances if they make the playoffs.

ram's 42-7 stomping of the seattle fade aways was the biggest win for any team this season
almost.

jacksonville in week 3
baltimore in week 8
new orleans in week 10
jacksonville in week 15

alasdair

almost.

jacksonville in week 3
baltimore in week 8
new orleans in week 10
jacksonville in week 15

alasdair

maybe he was taking into account the team they beat and/or where they beat them? Ravens beat dolphins by a larger margin but the game was in England. Rams beat down Seattle on their own field.

maybe but seattle are hardly the team they were two years ago.

sf nearly beat them and they list to the titans.

alasdair

Still had RW who everyone was saying was gonna be mvp a couple of weeks ago. Still “the most intimidating” environment in the NFL. Just saying.

i do think the Seahawks just gave up at some point in that game tho.

lol the falcons-lions game call was correct. that pic is deceiving as fuck, making it look like he got the td

yeah it probably was =/

and now the Falcons are the team the Lions need to jump to get into the wild card spot. crazy that if Golden Tate had gotten a few more inches it would be the other way around right now, and Lions would be lined up for the wild card while the Falcons would be the ones hoping to get lucky and scrape past us.

leave it to the Lions to miss the playoffs by inches and a 10 second runoff. i know there's always "what ifs" for any team that doesn't make the playoffs, but it's usually not THAT close. *smh*

maybe but seattle are hardly the team they were two years ago.
this is true but nobody was saying this before the game it was all about NFC west up for grabs, should be great game and omg russell wilson is an mvp candidate

rams could have won that game by more than if they didn't take 40-0 lead with 10:00 still left in 3rd

in rams 10 games they won they are averaging 36.6 PPG
surrendering 18.9 points per game
and are winning on average by 19.7 points per win

but it was seattle and their injuries, that explains blow out handing of torch on sunday(worst loss in sea since '97, worst loss for pete carroll since coaching seattle) rams are 2nd youngest team in league with a big boy as head coach, they're obviously onto something...you're smarter than that
no garbage team has even come close to hanging around, todd gurley missed about 8 quarters from sitting out due to having game wrapped up by 3rd/4th qtr

team has had same 5 guys start on OL all year, and have been beasts. RG rodger saffold may not have made pro bowl but wouldn't be surprised if he's 2nd team all pro

Eagles game last night was depressing. We are headed for a first game exit from the playoffs without Wentz. Our best hope is bad weather to equilize the qb play.

Pittsburgh and new England is going to be epic in the playoffs I expect it will be at championship matchup.

My SB prediction is Pittsburgh vs new Orleans

Status
Not open for further replies.