• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

The 2012/2013 NFL Thread v. Brady dont need no money

Status
Not open for further replies.
Calm down brah, I was speculating.

All good, I think most people in SF are just happy he is leaving :) although I do think he can be a great player in the right enviroment, may not win you a superbowl, but certainly an upgrade on at least a dozen or so current starters.

Back to the draft topic, theres something about Matt Barkley That just doesnt sit right with a lot of GM or so is the rumor.

This clip with Mooch is doing the rounds, where he struggles with the technical aspects analysing a play

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-combine/0ap2000000145244/Barkley-gets-put-to-the-test

He is also the owner of what must be the worst wristwatch of all time

I saw Barkleys interview he just seems too flat to really be a leader which is what a qb should be. He will probably be a Mark Sanchez type who can be jjst good enough with a solid team around him but when yoj take away a few pieces he cant make up for that.

I saw Barkleys interview he just seems too flat to really be a leader which is what a qb should be. He will probably be a Mark Sanchez type who can be jjst good enough with a solid team around him but when yoj take away a few pieces he cant make up for that.

Exactly how I see him as well, just a bit of a game manager.

Reminds me a lot of a poor mans version of Matt Hasselbeck
Not sure if he will be quite as bad as Jimmah Clausen, but at this point I dont think he will be considerably better

You cant spend a top 3 round pick on a game manager though if you want to win. Not when the successful teams are finding pro bowlers like its...their job(lol) in those rounds.

looks like steven jackson's time is over with the rams

and we bid you goodnight, goodnight
and we big you goodnight, goodnight

hope he lands in denver and wins a superbowl

I'd take him on the Birds in a fucking heartbeat

McCoy/Jackson/Bryce Brown

holy shit

his inability to break away cost the rams a playoff birth

think the last time he had a TD for more than 5 yards was vs philly week 1 '11, first play of the game and injured himself

looking forward to see if rams go with richardson/pead next year or do something in FA or draft

eagles dont need a speed back

just someone who falls forward instead of backwards

Pead looks pretty good

think you're confusing pead with richardson(got da dreads)

richardson had a great first half of the season, than kind of slowed down

pead only had like a dozen carries all year, still a big question mark

if rams can average more than 24pts a game next year good things will happen, that's asking a lot though

and btw don't hold your hopes at getting JAX, he wants to be the main man on a super bowl contending team(denver,giants, packers)

yeah it was more wishful thinking and I meant from Pead's college highlights. Merrill Reese said he was his sleeper of that draft before it happened and that guy is a good football mind

Steven Jackson to the Falcons im hearing could happen.

I would be happy with it even though I know hes out of his prime. he'd be an upgrade on Michael Turner in our offense because Jackson is actually a good RB-WR. Turner had the worst hands ive seriously ever seen.

Youre right CR Denver would be a good fit or maybe like the Packers or Texans even. Him and Arian Foster would be a sweet combo

damn you said the Packers too, replace gb with the Bungals I guess

Blah blah Tom Brady's nutsack blah blah blah......stupid media circle jerks.

Big Ben to restructure deal

Roethlisberger was scheduled to make $11.6 million in 2013 but the new deal will save the Steelers several million next season. This is the third straight year that Roethlisberger has restructured his contract. The new contract doesn't affect the money or length of the deal.

If you have been reading the faux fallout of Brady's new contract, you'd think it was something new, it isnt. Many QBs or big stars do it all the time but for some reason when Brady does it, it is TMZ noteworthy. Although I do realize there isnt much NFL news these days.

Alex Smith to the Chiefs.
Wohoo !
This must mean KC will take Joeckel #1 probably.

Surely Jax wont jettison Gabbert so quickly and this must mean Geno Smith will be a Raider, if Reggie doesnt fuck it up
I could live with that all day, especially as Jarvis Jones medical issues mean he probabaly drops down the board and Oakland wouldnt take him #3

Andy Reid and Alex Smith are a match made in heaven imo

and not in a good way

@ TLM

Still way too early to tell but its a possibility.

Conflicting reports about what the 49ers got for Smith. SOme say 2nd rounder in 2013 and conditional in 2014, some say as many as 4 picks.

Looks like the 49ers got a good deal. If they indeed got a 2nd rounder from the chiefs they will be picking 31st and 34th, and have 5 of the first 93 picks in the draft. Add that to an already stacked roster and there is going to be some serious competition to make the final 53 on the 49ers.

Dynasty incoming.

A second would be high, but then again seeing how average a lot of this incoming QB class looks and what you would get for a 2nd round QB this year, I think its decent value.

Unlike many others I like Alex Smith and think its a good fit for him, certainly better than Cassell ( who cost them a second rounder in the 34th pick ) and former first rounder who actually cost Cleveland 2 first round picks I think a certain Brady "Musclehead" Quinn.

With the exception of Ryan Nassib , I would rather take Smith for a 2nd ahead of guys like Tyler Wilson or Matt Barkley or Landry Jones

I imagine Reid thinks hes a great QB coach and if Harbaugh can turn Smiths career around he can continue the trend.

That being said KC's offense was abysmal last year. This is a spot where Smith will almost undoubtedly be an improvement, but whether or not he can have success is a big question.

Youre right CR Denver would be a good fit or maybe like the Packers or Texans even. Him and Arian Foster would be a sweet combo

damn you said the Packers too, replace gb with the Bungals I guess

he won't goto houston

he needs to be the main guy

he would stay in st.louis if it weren't for the fact the team wants to head in a different direction

i can see dallas and indy as well

Status
Not open for further replies.