• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

The 2012/2013 NFL Thread v. Brady dont need no money

Status
Not open for further replies.
look at steven jackson run compared to michael turner last season. then add the fact that he can catch = good pickup.
I want steven jackson ONLY if we cant get Eddie Lacy.

Shonn Greene might be a free agent iirc

not that he's the answer for the Falcons, but they are a vertical offense now with Julio and Roddy, and he had a good year for the NYJ when their line wasn't absolutely decimated

If I were them I'd consider it

NFL is all about that two-back combo now anyway, I feel like ever since Chris Johnson and LenDale White people are looking for that power / speed 1-2 punch. Weren't they nicknamed like "Thunder & Lightning" or w/e?

nvm it was "Smash and Dash"

same difference really

greene seems to me just like a worse michael turner.

would rather just draft lacy or bernard.

but they are a vertical offense now with Julio and Roddy

dude you dont need a stud back there just someone who falls forward instead of backwards because Jizz Rodgers certainly aint that guy

they should draft defense heavy the first 3 rounds imo, unless someone falls into their lap like a sick TE

dude you dont need a stud back there just someone who falls forward instead of backwards because Jizz Rodgers certainly aint that guy

they should draft defense heavy the first 3 rounds imo, unless someone falls into their lap like a sick TE

michael turner always falls forward. he just is really slow now and cant catch.

Isnt that Jacquizz's role? catching out of the backfield?

i dont understand what you want, a power back that can also catch and get YAC? Like no shit every team in the NFL wants that but sometimes you gotta use your pieces for what they are

I'm actually really pumped to watch Bryce Brown play this year, if that guy can hold onto the ball I see him and McCoy doing some damage with Chip Kelleys system

not to mention Jason Peters (only one of the best LT's in the game) is gonna be back

god damnit I do this every year with the Eagles

falcons pass it one of the most in the league and have a starting RB who could catch screen passes and stuff would be huge even as simple as it sounds. It would just be one more thing teams would have to look out for. Every analyst would say that Michael Turner simply looks out of place in the falcons offense. and every time they took out michael turner it was obvious what they were trying to do no matter what down it was.

watching falcons play defense it always seemed like teams would pass to their RB a good amount but passing to michael turner is basically not even an option. when i see a 5 yard pass in the air going turner's way i'm extremely nervous he's gonna drop because its like 50/50 that he will.

I heard that Ed Reed might sign with the Patriots, that would be a mutually beneficial relationship I'd say. He wants to win one more before he retires, they need secondary help, and Tom Brady isnt getting any younger.

remember 16-1

yeah they are going to be good if Gronk & Hernandez stay healthy but I wouldnt crown them just yet.

falcons interested in darrelle revis trade

doubt it happens with how much he will probably want

...eh

http://nachmanyfootball.com/2013/03...n-darrelle-revis-would-be-a-bad-move-for-atl/

Falcons general manager Thomas Dimitroff downplayed interest in a trade for star cornerback Darrelle Revis, according to ESPN’s Ed Werder.

Just days after releasing running back Michael Turner, defensive end John Abraham, and cornerback Dunta Robinson, the move makes some kind sense for the NFC runners-up, bringing in talent to the league’s 24th ranked defense.

However, it would be a poor move for a team that is more lacking in pass-rush than it is in defensive backs. Abraham was responsible for ten sacks last season, so the team would be better served chasing a defensive end for their 4-3 defensive alignment than Revis.

Moreover, the team does not have cap space to trade for Revis, sign him to a new contract, and continue to fortify a team around franchise quarterback Matt Ryan and wide receivers Roddy White and Julio Jones.

Instead, the team should hold onto their first-round selection, targeting a pass rushing prospect such as Oregon’s Dion Jordan or LSU’s Barkevious Mingo to replace Abraham’s production, and should target a cornerback like Nnamdi Asomugha or fomer Dolphin Sean Smith in free agency.

With no interest from the 49ers and seemingly little interest from Atlanta, suitors for Revis are drying up quickly. The Patriots remain in play, but it’s unlikely that the Jets would trade the corner inside their own division. Most reports say the Jets will wait until we get closer to the draft, but right now, it’s anyone’s guess as to where the former All-Pro ends up.

im inclined to agree.

Revis should go to the Packers

and I just realized I do that about sports a lot, just say "this guy would fit in really well here" without looking at like contract situations and cap space and all that.

ESPN did a poll recently asking NFL fans who they thought had the best chance to win the superbowl next year. Here is an interactive map with the results.

http://espn.go.com/espn/fp/flashPollResultsState?sportIndex=nfl&pollId=3563859

41 of the 50 states had the 49ers winning the super bowl. The Seafags took Washington State, the pats took some of the New England area, the Broncos have Wyoming and Colorado and the packers took Wisconsin. Literally every other state chose the 49ers, and every state that didn't choose the 49ers has them in 2nd place behind the home team.

WHOS GOT IT BETTER THAN US!

Thats right, its an exclamation, not a question.

everybody thought they'd win this year too and what happened?

alasdair

Before this season many people thought the 49ers were one year wonder pretenders.

Now that theyve been dominant 2 years in a row it seems like people have realized they are back.

As far as the ravens, yea they won the SB, but I think any objective observer would agree that their future is less bright than the 49ers especially after that kings ransom they just gave to average Joe.

ravens future is definitely fucked with that flacco deal along with all their old guys leaving

Status
Not open for further replies.