• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

The 2012/2013 NFL Thread v. Brady dont need no money

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know, maybe. If I was American I might see it differently. Surely they would've done something about USA men's and women's basketball teams steamrollering everyone since 1936 though. That really should be an U-23 event like futbol by now.

Definitely don't agree with sports being removed randomly 'cos some fat cunt(probably French) sitting on his ass doesn't think it's fair go.

Any event that involves judges isnt really a sport IMO

with the exception of boxing

jay mohr is a huge supporter of wrestling and listening to his radio show from yesterday he made it sound like there is hope that the wrestling thing gets reversed

i was a pretty hardcore wrestler from ages 6-13, i've got respect for wrestlers because i know how tough you have to be,i pretty much quit because i realized that lifestyle was just too rough and nerve-wrecking for me, that and for some reason i suddenly lost my talent, i was pretty awesome from ages 8-12, i've got a good 40 trophies/medals collecting dust somewhere up in the attic, we had a youth program and all but me and my one friend went to over 20+ tournaments a year all across the state, i think my dad enjoyed it more than me, that's kind of what made quitting so difficult

i'd say the country most pissed about the ruling is iran, it's pretty much the only sport they excel at

i was reading a list of the top 10 free agent WRs and #3 on the list was danny amendola(expecting him to land in new england considering he's worked with josh mcdaniels before and would be an effective replacement for welker), so i'm doubting rams will be resigning him due to the amount other teams offer him, and i can't believe #7 on that list was brandon gibson, although i wouldn't be surprised if he follows the shoes of donnie avery, laurent robinson and denario alexander as ex rams WRs who go on to a new team and have break out years

part of me hopes rams don't resign amendola not so much because he's injury prone, but the fact that he's bradford's security blanket and is interfering with sam's overall development...hopefully they draft a WR like WVU's tavon austin and i would be okay with chris givens, titus young, brian quick and tavon austin leading the way and developing into the greatest show on turf 2.0, 3 guys with a 4.40 or better and a guy like quick whose got a body like brandon marshall, i'm not going to let a slow rookie year discourage my feelings towards quick, considering many great WRs generally don't have great rookie seasons

Last edited:
i was a pretty hardcore wrestler from ages 6-13, i've got respect for wrestlers because i know how tough you have to be,i pretty much quit because i realized that lifestyle was just too rough and nerve-wrecking for me, that and for some reason i suddenly lost my talent, i was pretty awesome from ages 8-12, i've got a good 40 trophies/medals collecting dust somewhere up in the attic, we had a youth program and all but me and my one friend went to over 20+ tournaments a year all across the state, i think my dad enjoyed it more than me, that's kind of what made quitting so difficult

Jesus that pretty much my story exactly except I quit when I was 15.

Surely they would've done something about USA men's and women's basketball teams steamrollering everyone since 1936 though. .

They cant because our pros are way better than their pros and if they made it an amateur only competition our amateurs would win as well.

Jesus that pretty much my story exactly except I quit when I was 15.
nice

i mean independent wrestling was coming to an end, i was a year away from being constricted to wrestling for a school sanctioned club, no longer were there oppertunites to travel for tournaments.....so many great memories from the wrestling days, regardless of how anxious/miserable the sport made me

wrestling teaches you so much as a child, but looking back on it it was pretty weird and freaky how crazy in shape i was for being a ten year old

i was king of the cradle, i would say a good 90% of my pins were via cradle, my best season during league competition i went 9-0 and led the team in pins and won award for quickest pin(7 seconds....yeah, my opponent was awesome, lol)....as far as official tournaments go(you know where you wrestled at districts, top 3 moved on to regions, top 4 @ regionals moved on to states and top 2 at states went to nationals) the best i ever did was like 5th at regionals, the regional tournament had wrestlers entered in it from about 20% of the state

i quit when some kid who i was able to pin in under a minute for YEARS beat me during wrestle offs like 3 weeks in a row, pretty much other kids bodies were developing and mine wasn't, i was a late bloomer, i didn't begin the essential transformations of puberty until the summer going into 10th grade....

and it's been nice getting to know titus young over the last 10 days

but rams have released him today, hopefully foreshadowing a better FA WR like greg jennings, or amendola agrees to re-sign at a very affordable cost

i really don't care

i trust every decision the new rams regime makes, i've never been able to say that before

i saw titus as a player with huge potential, but clearly the dude is schizo or worse

anyone else following the combine?

after hearing Manti Te'os interview there I gotta say im a fan of the guy. Seems like a real down to earth guy who may have embellished part of his life but who doesnt do that? I know for a fact people do it on here so I am willing to forgive if the person has good character, and the shit he was saying I totally agree with. How he is mad at his last name being all over the press, not his first name. If he just takes it all in stride like what he is doing people will forget as soon as he makes plays on the field. I really hope the guy finds success somewhere because there's too many guys coming out who are the complete opposite as far as dignity goes

my guess: Buffalo

or the Chiefs

Arizona would make the most sense but I dont think theyd trade him in the division, thats almost a slap to the face

To nobody (Yet)

If SF trades him now and the other team both announce it( which the NFL wont allow till March 12 anyways) , all it does is weaken their(Respective) trade positions when it comes to draft day which is still 2 months away.

What team in all honesty would do that? Not SF or any team that trades for him.

This is what happens when people pay too much attention to IDK's from Twatter.
No official trade can actually be announced till March 12 under NFL rules anyways, so people are just talking rumors and BS . especially guys like La Canfora

anyone else following the combine?

after hearing Manti Te'os interview there I gotta say im a fan of the guy. Seems like a real down to earth guy who may have embellished part of his life but who doesnt do that? I know for a fact people do it on here so I am willing to forgive if the person has good character, and the shit he was saying I totally agree with. How he is mad at his last name being all over the press, not his first name. If he just takes it all in stride like what he is doing people will forget as soon as he makes plays on the field. I really hope the guy finds success somewhere because there's too many guys coming out who are the complete opposite as far as dignity goes

Glennon clocked in at 6-7 and 230 lbs +
Teams take note of stuff like that
Especially when the player in question have been compared favorbly to Matt Ryan by a coach who has coached both of them

its approaching unhealthy levels tbph

Way beyond that, if Carson doesnt take a reneg at a cap happy level, I would LOVE us to take Glennon at the 3rd overall pick.

Give the kid a decent O line( which we will have now that we ditched the ZBS bullshite and can use Veldheer as a true LT, and he will be deadly in the NFL)
I see lots of scouts compare him to Flacco, which cant be a bad thing seeing how this last season panned out for the Ravens

He probably is going to be a good QB it just depends on the situation he goes too.

And you can say that about any draft prospect really.

Im pumped for the draft though, I thnk the last time the Eagles picked this high was the Donovan pick.

By the way people seem to think he got booed on draft day, the guys were booing the fact that they didnt take Ricky Williams, not so much at McNabb

but Philly fans are probably the most misunderstood out of any major city so its whatever. It really is a great sports town which is why it sucks so bad that we never win shit, except for the Phils in 08 but baseball is probably my least favorite sport of the big 4 so go figure right.

To nobody (Yet)

If SF trades him now and the other team both announce it( which the NFL wont allow till March 12 anyways) , all it does is weaken their(Respective) trade positions when it comes to draft day which is still 2 months away.

What team in all honesty would do that? Not SF or any team that trades for him.

This is what happens when people pay too much attention to IDK's from Twatter.
No official trade can actually be announced till March 12 under NFL rules anyways, so people are just talking rumors and BS . especially guys like La Canfora

Calm down brah, I was speculating.

Status
Not open for further replies.