• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

The 2012/2013 NFL Thread v. Brady dont need no money

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll be honest I don't believe in "running up the score". Especially in professional sports. No lead is ever safe imo

Let's face it, Jim's a fucking nutter. And for someone who only 10 games ago had a procedure to fix an irregular heart beat, you would think he'd calm his shit down sharpish.

But, you just know that his players would run through a brick wall for him. Better get used to it cos there's no doubt they'll be top contenders year after year.

I'll be honest I don't believe in "running up the score". Especially in professional sports. No lead is ever safe imo
i agree. hearing people whine about being really badly beaten instead of just soundly beaten is hilarious.

so a team that gets up by what - 30 points - should just stop trying? it's ludicrous.

alasdair

Running up the score is less about scoring a lot of points and more about how you do it.

The best way to win a football game when youre way up is to run the ball. If you happen to score when youre doing that then thats just how it is. You also dont want to be too predictable and run every single down so that you go 3 and out every time, so a pass here and there is warranted.

What I dont like are long bombs and trick plays when a team is up by 30+ points late in the game with the intent of making the score even more lopsided than it already is. The point of the game should be to win, not to make you opponent look foolish. It shows a lack of respect IMO.

^ if the point is to win, and when you're up you're expected to run the ball, then doing what's not expected is the way to win :)

to me (and arci it seems) "you need to win but only just win" is an odd message at any level of the game...

alasdair

Yeah I have to say I totally agree ^

lol Jim Harbaugh gifs are the best, love this guy:

happy-harbaugh1-10-18-12.gif

harbaugh.gif

harbull_medium.gif

jimmy_spit.gif

original.gif

harbend.gif

harb.gif

726868172.gif

lol #4 is good. My favorite has to be #5 though, just the whole body motion is hilarious. I think that was against ATL in the playoffs when they called that dropped pass a catch? I think it was Douglas. I'm not sure though

harbaugh is the greatest thing to happen to proffesional coaching in along long time. at least he shows he cares and is interested in the game and his players. how many other coaches toss the ball w/ his players.

What's interesting is usually the coaches that were former players in the NFL show more emotion on the sidelines.

first off, suburu...CONGRATS MY MAN!!! you're the only ravens fan i know and am happy as fuck for you

john harbaugh deserved to win so much more than his younger, immature brother

complaining about officiating at pressers is such a slimebag move,and a bad PR play

the refs are not out to get you, they try their best, sorry their judgement doesn't match your fantasy,the officiating was consistent all game - let them play!

crying about the refs = not taking responsibility over your poor play calling within the redzone during your final drive of the biggest game in your life...i'm not sure jimmy harbs ever recovers from this, wouldn't be shocked if niners miss the playoffs next year

crabtree's post-game comments regarding the no-call were admirable, i've gained respect for him

again, john harbaugh is pure class and an extremely honorable man, or at least knows how to portray himself as one

----------------------------

now to the important stuff....

ram's claim WR titus young off waivers and i am PUMPED...low, low risk,high reward...paying him 500k for one year, if he doesn't mature, he'll be cut in camp, no sweat

the dude may be a nutcase but he's got skills(4.34 40-time) and is hungry to prove himself, exactly the kind of guy rams need....he seriously believes he's better than calvin johnson, LOVE the confidence!!

fisher is the bob huggins of the NFL - nobody in the business gets the most out of poor character guys

i'm a homer , but i still keep it real, i don't hype up things unless i truly believe in them,i trust and respect every football decision coach fisher makes and can see titus young having several pro bowl caliber seasons with st. louis...'if the shoe fits', it does in this case

titus is reunited with his boise st team mate austin pettis,hopefully that carries synergy

at this point i'm indifferent towards if rams resign amandola - he's injury prone and interferes with bradford's overall development,considering he's been his security blanket his entire career

titus young 26 career games: 10tds
amandola 42 career games: 7tds

if rams add more talent at WR or a pass catching TE i can see bradford having a 35+td year, something i honestly thought would never happen

I only mentioned the earlier era Niners running up the score , simpy because they were the first to spring to mind .
Nowadays I think you need to run it up, because Goodell has created a version of the game where any offense can score at will.
Basketball on cleats really.
Was different for those old Niners blowouts, they would put Steve Young in at QB and still carry on throwing.
When your up by 41 points with 6 minutes left and still throw the ball, to me that is running it up ( even in todays NFL)

Even some of those old games, I bet the Niners opposition wished they had run up the score, like the game where Montana threw 4 fourth quarter TD in Philly in 86 to end up winning.

As for the Raiders being a dirty team in the 70's the game was physical back then, and based on intimidation.
As more and more memoirs come out it stands to reason that everyone was cheating back then, even the beloved Steelers were roiding pretty much all of the 70's
Just like everyone else was

China Rider I'm actually really pissed about that. Titus Young is really, really fucking good. I think he can easily become the best Slot WR in the league with the right system

Luckily the Lions still have Ryan Broyles.. This guy is going to be a superstar soon. He had a great breakout game against Houston last season.

Last edited:
^glad to hear you say that bro,considering i generally disagree with your athletic assessments

pretty much everyone i've talked to about it told me not to get excited cause titus isn't any good

i easily shrugged off those fool's complete ignorance, considering none of them watched more than three lion's games during the last 2 years,

apparently since titus wasn't relevant in fantasy football,that automatically qualifies him to be a nobody...fuck off, when you have the calvin johnson running with your crew i don't care if you're isaac bruce, you aint getting consistent looks, no matter how open you get

lack of utilization frustrated the fuck out of titus, sure, his reactionary behavior was immature and slimy, but i can definitely understand and accept his actions, if you're in the NFL and DON'T think you're fucking awesome, you probably won't last very long

titus' has several tweets reminding all of his fans how great he is, most of them end with either #HoF and #Me

if i'm ever hit with the question, 'yo man, who is your favorite player?', my response will be 'dude, can you not read what's tattooed across my shoulders? go ahead, pull up my shirt and let me know if it still reads titus young sr'

just as long as he manufactures at least a moderate dose of success, because over the years i've matured and naturally developed an admiration for head case athletes

Status
Not open for further replies.