• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

The 2012/2013 NFL Thread v. Brady dont need no money

Status
Not open for further replies.
man all this jerome boger hate! i like the guy. he has a super sexy third down gesture, have you seen it? i mean c'mon, no man's hands should look that sleek. it's like...so fluid and so pretty. great hand gestures.

While Jacoby Jones stole the postgame highlight shows with a pair of long-scoring plays to close out the first half and open the second half, Flacco cited wide receiver Anquan Boldin's critical third-and-one catch in the fourth quarter as the biggest play of the game.

Flacco had three options when he approached the line of scrimmage late in the game. With the entire Mercedes-Benz Superdome expecting a run, Flacco audibled out of a Ray Rice dive through the line to a back-shoulder throw for Boldin. It's fitting that Boldin converted the jump-ball with cornerback Carlos Rogers draped all over him, keeping the drive going while draining the clock and setting up the game-deciding field goal.

--

Fucking Love Quan, remember when he ran like a 4.6 at the combine and slipped in the draft and then started out like a house on fire early in his career.

So happy that Quan got the ring he deserves and Randy Moss won fuck all.
This guy threw his own coaches and teamates under a bus in Oakland and has no superbowl rings

Love me some Karma.

With the entire Mercedes-Benz Superdome expecting a run, Flacco audibled out of a Ray Rice dive through the line to a back-shoulder throw for Boldin. It's fitting that Boldin converted the jump-ball with cornerback Carlos Rogers draped all over him, keeping the drive going while draining the clock and setting up the game-deciding field goal.

Fucking Love Quan, remember when he ran like a 4.6 at the combine and slipped in the draft and then started out like a house on fire early in his career.

So happy that Quan got the ring he deserves and Randy Moss won fuck all.

Truth. Such an underrated, clutch WR. Amazing play on a great 6 min drive. In fact all 6 of his catches were incredible. 4 of them on critical 3rd downs. What a beast.

The fact that it was a close game really is no excuse not to call it. Those were some of the worst rated refs during the regular season. The league came in after the fact and struck most of their fuck ups off the record, thats some affirmative action shit right there. Its a damn shame their incompetent asses got the SB.

Again, I dont know how the announcers miss this shit, I feel like im taking crazy pills here, but am I the only one that noticed that the clock ran for about a minute on two plays at minute 8-9 in the third after kap ran out of bounds on 2 scrambles?

The no-call on the offensive PI right before the Jones TD.

The Ed Reed offsides on the 2pt conversion.

The PI/holding on 2nd and 4th on the final plays.

The only blatant missed call that I remember that favored the 49ers was the late hit on Flacco out of bounds, and its not like that even gave them a competitive advantage.

Yes im bitter, but I know plenty of people who were rooting for the ravens that are equally in disbelief at the bullshit that just occurred.

you sound exactly like your whiny ass coach.

Ya, its not good for Care's reputation in my head. I just imagine harbaugh spazzing out with care's face on his body now. We've got a long of season to repair that, though.

the only thing worse than a bad loser is a bad winner...

congrats, ravens.

alasdair

Best MVP car ever:

020413_12.jpg

dude that shirt! i got too drunk and passed out in the fourth. eh. beyonce made my dick do cartwheels.

kelly rowland was hotter

Truth. Such an underrated, clutch WR. Amazing play on a great 6 min drive. In fact all 6 of his catches were incredible. 4 of them on critical 3rd downs. What a beast.

yuh

i know when no one player really stands out MVP usually goes to the QB, but i thought boldin was so clutch he mighta/shoulda got it n if not him perhaps jacoby jones

:)

You guys think those were good calls?

Actually, I really DGAF what you think, they were bad and one sided.

I suppose I should just roll over and let the refs walk away with the game.

The ravens played great, Flacco was on fire the first half. The 49ers didnt get pressure for pretty much the whole game and didnt tackle well. Inopportune turnovers by kaep and LMJ. Boldin pretty much murdered us. Letting Jones run that back at the beginning of the half was inexcusable, and his long TD made me facepalm.

But at the end of the day there were 3 plays with BLATANT game changing penalties (and one even more blatant but not as game changing) at the end of the game and the refs didnt call it. If youre going to officiate the superbowl you need to have the guts to make those calls, something they lacked. If you dont people are going to react like this.

Here is the story about Boger from January 30th.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/30/jerome-boger-super-bowl-referee_n_2585207.html

With experienced union officials locked out by the league during the first three weeks of the 2012 season, replacement refs did their best. Unfortunately, that wasn't quite good enough in a few high-profile instances. Although there is not a replacement ref among the seven-man officiating crew chosen for the Super Bowl, fears abound that this isn't the most talented group available. The doubts about the merits of this crew are focused on Jerome Boger, who will be refereeing the Super Bowl for the first time. He has been an on-field official for nine years and a referee since 2006.

“What’s happening right now is that the best officials are not working the best games,” former on-field NFL official and current NBC analyst Jim Daopoulos told The New York Times before the league named the crew but after Boger's appointment was rumored. "I’m looking at the seven guys who are working in the Super Bowl, and to be quite honest, several of them should not be on the field.”

According to NFL.com, referees are selected for the Super Bowl based on their performances ratings. The game officials to receive a spot in Super Bowl XLVII are Darrell Jenkins (umpire), Steve Stelljes (head linesman), Byron Boston (line judge), Craig Wrolstad (field judge), Joe Larrew (side judge) and Dino Paganelli (back judge).

"We congratulate Jerome and his entire crew on being assigned to work at Super Bowl XLVII," NFL Vice President of Officiating Carl Johnson said in a statement to NFL.com when the crew was announced on Wednesday. "Just like the two competing teams, every member of this officiating crew has had an outstanding season and earned this honor. We are confident that they will have a great game on Sunday."

The questions swirling around Boger involve the quality -- or possible lack thereof -- of his regular-season performance. Ben Austro of FootballZebras.com, a website focused on officiating in the NFL, spoke with two officials, who remain anonymous, who claimed that Boger received eight poor grades during the season only to have them reversed on appeal.

“Eight downgrades can eliminate you from being eligible to officiate the playoffs," one of the officials told Austro. "Other officials who received less downgrades than eight aren’t officiating in the playoffs."

Summary:
A month ago there was a lot of talk about how the league was stiffing the best refs for the playoffs and SB because they led the union in the lockout. Even though Boger and company had one of the worst records as far as getting calls wrong, they were stricken from the books after the fact so that the league could send a message to the leaders of the lockout, and (the article indicates) have a black head ref in the Superbowl. Goodell needs to fix up that football image of white men lording over blacks, which is basically what it looks like because all of the owners, refs and Goodell himself are white.

Yes im a sore loser. But this whole thing just reeks of unfainess in a game and time and place where its just unacceptable.

If you remember, after the 49ers lost to the Giants in the NFCCG last year I made zero excuses even though I feel there were some questionable calls because they did not directly determine the outcome of the game. The same cant be said this year.

Last edited:
I'm with you Care.. a lot of questionable calls from the refs that seemed to lean towards Baltimore just a liiitle too much.

Idk you would just think with all the whining in the REGULAR SEASON to use instant replay to make the right call they would be doing it for the Superbowl.

If we could get 2 or 3 more Niner fans in here, it'd be akin to watching the Sea Chicken fans piss and moan following SB XL.

the PIs were bad calls i still havent seen a reply of the ed reeds offsides n i tried lookin for it on youtube (not sure where else i might find it)

but the better team won

they ravens outplayed the niners for 3 out of 4 quarters n the only quarter the niners outplayed the ravens was the third...right after a momentum destroying blackout

bad calls definately taint a game but bad calls went both ways n again the team who played better for the majority of the night won

Doesnt bother me, jealousy is a natural human response. Get ready to watch the 49ers hoist up #6. I cant wait to wear my 9ers swag to work next week to rub the smell of victory in their faces.
nelson-muntz.gif

I don't remember any Niners fans (and whichever team Arci was supporting that week lol) complaining when Bowman was holding Roddy White in the final NFCCG play? It must suck when your Defense/Coaching staff make an absolute fucking balls of a Superbowl.

Last edited by a moderator:
You guys think those were good calls?

Actually, I really DGAF what you think, they were bad and one sided.

I suppose I should just roll over and let the refs walk away with the game.

The ravens played great, Flacco was on fire the first half. The 49ers didnt get pressure for pretty much the whole game and didnt tackle well. Inopportune turnovers by akep and LMJ. Boldin pretty much murdered us. Letting Jones run that back at the beginning of the half was inexcusable, and his long TD made me facepalm.

But at the end of the day there were 3 plays with BLATANT game changing penalties (and one even more blatant but not as game changing) at the end of the game and the refs didnt call it. If youre going to officiate the superbowl you need to have the guts to make those calls, something they lacked. If you dont people are going to react like this.

Here is the story about Boger from January 30th of last year.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/30/jerome-boger-super-bowl-referee_n_2585207.html

Summary:
A month ago there was a lot of talk about how the league was stiffing the best refs for the playoffs and SB because they led the union in the lockout. Even though Boger and company had one of the worst records as far as getting calls wrong, they were stricken from the books after the fact so that the league could send a message to the leaders of the lockout, and (the article indicates) have a black head ref in the Superbowl. Goodell needs to fix up that football image of white men lording over blacks, which is basically what it looks like because all of the owners, refs and Goodell himself are white.

Yes im a sore loser. But this whole thing just reeks of unfainess in a game and time and place where its just unacceptable.

If you remember, after the 49ers lost to the Giants in the NFCCG last year I made zero excuses even though I feel there were some questionable calls because they did not directly determine the outcome of the game. The same cant be said this year.

woulda shoulda coulda, sore loser.

i can understand fans being sore losers, but i've never seen a coach act like such a fucking pussy in my entire life.

Status
Not open for further replies.